Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong

I didn't really have money to buy this, but I did anyway. I am officially working on an octopus-themed woot shirt collection! I now have the PEWPEW octopus shirt (from comic book derby), the Inktopus by Radiomode (from the complementary colors derby), and now this one! ^^

I love this website! ^^

TedW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TedW

Great looking design. I ordered one.

I think he ought to be on a recumbent bike, though. Everyone knows that octopi prefer 'bents.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Obligatory Kip Addotta ref:

eta: looks like holothuria beat me to it by a long way.

holothuria wrote:I prefer to imagine he's singing this.

move along

sourdough2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sourdough2

Hat didn't blow off, 'e's tippin' it. A dissappearing courtesy. sadly.

venikins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages venikins

The piece overall is well done!
It could easily end up as a print for someone's wall.
The serious style fits perfectly with "silliness" of an octopus riding a bike underwater....with a bowler hat XD
It may be bias since I love tentacles but I love this shirt and I just bought it. ^_^

Ordinarily insane, but has had lucid moments of stupidity

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

I just had a thought (don't worry, I didn't injure myself) - wouldn't it have made sense to print this next Monday and have this shirt as the first daily of Octo-ber?

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
Earlysong wrote:... I am officially working on an octopus-themed woot shirt collection!

Look for The Ninja Pandas vs The Diabolical Pirate Octopus to add to your collection too, then.

Edit: More to look for - You Shall Not Octopass, Octospelled, and Caution Octopus’ May Be Larger Than It Appears

Narfcake

missmelis wrote:I just had a thought (don't worry, I didn't injure myself) - wouldn't it have made sense to print this next Monday and have this shirt as the first daily of Octo-ber?

Ouch, that was HORRIBLE. I hope you get a PONY PONY PONY! for that.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Narfcake wrote:Ouch, that was HORRIBLE. I hope you get a PONY PONY PONY! for that.

I hear it's a lot of work to take care of a pony, to say nothing of 3 of them! Q.uidditch P.layers, however, take care of themselves. Thanks!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

crappity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crappity
gossamerica wrote:This is really reminding me of something, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

It reminds me of this guy's stuff kinda:

Octophant.us

gutsdozer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsdozer

I hope the artist is giving royalties to Sir Critter for this design.

http://sircritter.com/

Similar color scheme and everything.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Best daily selection in a very long time it seems. I only wish there was a highlight color or something to add more drastic values. The colors are are pretty close in value. O well... still rocks! Great choice woot.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Narfcake wrote:Ouch, that was HORRIBLE. I hope you get a PONY PONY PONY! for that.

PONIES FOR EVERYBODY. (Someone bring this thread some ponies!)

I'm just hanging out, really.

Narfcake

inkycatz wrote:PONIES FOR EVERYBODY. (Someone bring this thread some ponies!)

Will the Four Little Ponies of the Apocalypse do?

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

The detail in this artwork is just incredible. Jillian's portfolio is similarly phenomenal.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
j5 wrote:Now this, this is a hipster animal.

I think he's a bit more proper than hipster. Unless biking is somehow inherently hipster? And if so, even as a non-biker, that makes me incredibly sad for our culture that cheap, healthful transit is just one more thing to be maligned as "elitist". Though I was often honked at when I'd walk in the south, so I shouldn't be surprised... apparently being remotely self-propelled is a dirty concept worthy of mockery.

Love this piece (jillustration does some amazing linework), but this is definitely one of those times woot loses by having such a slim selection of blanks. The color it was on when I saw it originally on Threadless appealed to me far more. I'm also a tad concerned about the size, but I'll chalk that one up to the new template.

It's still pretty awesome, tho. Good luck, Jill.

daumari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daumari

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
AdderXYU wrote:I think he's a bit more proper than hipster. Unless biking is somehow inherently hipster? And if so, even as a non-biker, that makes me incredibly sad for our culture that cheap, healthful transit is just one more thing to be maligned as "elitist". Though I was often honked at when I'd walk in the south, so I shouldn't be surprised... apparently being remotely self-propelled is a dirty concept worthy of mockery.

Love this piece (jillustration does some amazing linework), but this is definitely one of those times woot loses by having such a slim selection of blanks. The color it was on when I saw it originally on Threadless appealed to me far more. I'm also a tad concerned about the size, but I'll chalk that one up to the new template.

There are some...non conformists who do things for reasons of purity of purpose more so than because their faux nonconformist counterparts are doing the same things just to be "different".

I agree this is a great illustration. I'd have one if I wasn't on shirt moratorium due to the Tilteed sale.

move along

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

LOVE this!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 148 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 1988 (looks like it's still updating)

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: jbrownsci
Last purchase time: Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 11:59:34 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 43.512s
Woot wage: $3,126.00
Woots sold: 1985

Order pace: 0m 43.469s
Woots sold: 1987

Order pace: 0m 43.447s
Woots sold: 1988

Last wooter to woot: skullw
Last purchase time: Thursday, September 29, 2011, 12:04:07 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 43.562s
Woot wage: $3,116.14
Woots sold: 1989

Three times the Woots sold updated with the same last wooter and time. 1985, 1987, 1988

First day sales: 1988

fishphotoguy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy
AdderXYU wrote:I think he's a bit more proper than hipster. Unless biking is somehow inherently hipster? And if so, even as a non-biker, that makes me incredibly sad for our culture that cheap, healthful transit is just one more thing to be maligned as "elitist"...

Hipsters haven't ridden cruisers in years. They ride fixies.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909

Does anyone know how light the baby blue shirts are? Do they wash out pale-skinned people?

jymdonovan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jymdonovan

This T-shirt pushed me over the edge; I am now gearing up to start the a Cephalopod Enthusiasts club. First, my Miskatonic University tee and its Octo logo. Then I got a clearance sale tee (Billabong)of a Victorian lady whose beehive hair turns into a giant squid attacking a pirate ship. Now this WONDERFUL biking fellow. Yes sir, I am now officially starting an Octopus Fan Club. I may have to follow the peralink and get a few more...

jymdonovan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jymdonovan
fishphotoguy wrote:Hipsters haven't ridden cruisers in years. They ride fixies.

Oh pish posh; it depends on the neighborhood, my good sir. Fort Collins is RIFE with hipsters on cruisers. Of course the chaps at Crankinstein adhere to a strict scrap bike diet.

freyawastaken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freyawastaken

Can this shirt no longer be purchased?

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

freyawastaken wrote:Can this shirt no longer be purchased?

This shirt has been reckoned and no longer in print. Try teetrade.org, wootswap.com, or the random shirt trade center in the Shirt.Woot forum. You might get lucky and find it there.

chuckless9867

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckless9867

is anyone willing to sell an adult medium of this shirt? i'd LOVE it