Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
SJulian1 wrote:I'm digging the design, even with the moon and sun. the thing that is throwing me off though is the front legs. They seem to connect awkwardly to the torso of the giraffe

Giraffes are very oddly shaped. The more you look at them, the weirder they are.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Impressing the Ladies

hahahaha! LOL! I really enjoy this! Congrats!

SJulian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
JadenKale wrote:Perhaps it's not the same idea, but if you look at the sunsets on the top, it's the same shape. He basically tossed a gradient on the new one and trimmed back the rays from the first piece. It's pretty much the same as the one from the summer. It's a sunset silhouette reflecting over water. It's not EXACT, but he's reusing the idea he did only a few months earlier and printed with last time.

I'm going to have to side with those who are saying they aren't the same design. Ramyb tends to reuse general ideas over and over and over again. So yes, both designs are spherical and located on the chest of the shirt. But that doesn't mean that he just rehashed the Aztec design and slapped on a new name. Ramyb just uses the same few formats because he isn't really that creative.

There are plenty of legitimate faults to many of his designs, people can't go out of their way to make up something to complain about. Because when that happens, then all the blind Ramyb supporters can point at all the complaints, even valid ones, and say that we're just trying to bash on Ramyb.

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
Re: Intimidated

this is great. i love the placement of the characters and i like the colors. all +1 material.

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
jnrice wrote:I'm not in love with the color of the lion but I like the shirt none the less.

Next time I guess I'll try harder!

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

Thanks so much for your support, guys! I am happy you like the entry

gweenpenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gweenpenguin
Re: I Got You!

! <3 So cute!
GMV

gweenpenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gweenpenguin
Re: Main Attraction

Very cool - I just wish he didn't look like he had cataracts in the preview - hopefully less creepy in print?
GMV

helgram

Re: Sunset Serenade

This is awesome, Spiritgreen, I especially love the feeling of depth you created. +1

helgram

Re: Silly Lion Tribal Mask

this makes for a really cool shirt. I would totally wear this! +1

helgram

Re: Whack-A-Meerkat

awesome! +1

mldgibberish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mldgibberish
Re: Serengeti

Well,you would get thrown out for a violation of theme,but this image would work alot better without anything directly representational (i.e loose the giraffe,tree and stuff under the tree)

jacksorbetter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacksorbetter
Re: Double Bubble

One "happy hippo"

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Caged

A delightfully quirky concept and well-made design. Always such a lovely sight here at woot!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Lapwing sunset

You certainly brought a contender. Beautiful.

jacksorbetter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacksorbetter
Re: Ambush

Love your design. I hope that you print.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Re: Threads

This is awesome - I hope you follow blanked's advice and resub with a corrected thumbnail because it will definitely gmv!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

missmelis

meepee wrote:...although more people are killed by hippos than sharks every year.

Yeah, I hear they can actually be pretty angry buggers. This one is soooo cute though! GMV

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

missmelis

sleekhare wrote:Peanut butter, banana, and... bacon?

Elvis's favorite.

No, seriously. How do you think he ended up "Fat Elvis"?

jab991

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jab991
Re: Dark Continent

I like the shirt, but is the name racist?

Notin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Notin
Re: The Collector

vervet monkeys really are sneaky little thieves!

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: A Walk In The Park

Thanks for the kind words Spiritgreen, walmazan, uniique and Andy47240. It's always great to have compliments from fellow artists when trying to gauge whether a design will strike a chord with the Woot audience.
The idea was spontaneous, but putting it together ended up being more involved than anticipated.

missmelis

Re: Silly Lion Tribal Mask

This is fantastic - and I love your backstory, midgerock!

missmelis

Re: Impressing the Ladies

This is SO cool! I saw some of the comments on this in the pre-derby thread - your changes are subtle, but added up to a strong improvement, I think!

missmelis

reganrabbit wrote:I love this, reminds me Charlie Harper's stuff. GMV!

You're right - I don't think I would have been able to put my finger on it, but it is very Charley Harper-esque! Cool design; GMV.

missmelis

dooomcat wrote:Well... considering the size relations are off and male lions don't generally do any hunting it's not meant to be 100% accurate. I did find a picture of a meerkat eating an elephant shrew while I was researching this so I do believe it happens.

I figured the meerkat was just planning to push the little guy out of the way and steal his (bug) lunch! ;)

missmelis

PixelPants wrote: The idea was spontaneous, but putting it together ended up being more involved than anticipated.

I'm not surprised - the detail on this is AMAZING!

missmelis

Re: Main Attraction

Wow... this is so striking! Like other commenters, I probably would have preferred it on a different color, but still, it's really cool.

missmelis

Re: I Got You!

Hahaha... adorable!

Aaaand zebra bucking in 3, 2, 1...

missmelis

Re: Whack-A-Meerkat

Aaaawww... that poor li'l meerkat is so cute and oblivious!

missmelis

BootsBoots wrote:That's Teddy on the wall.

I THOUGHT that looked like TR, but I didn't realize the allusion in the shirt title until after reading this! Nice one!

missmelis

Re: The Hunt

Wow. Just... wow.

elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman

Hahahaha. This looks like a comic strip. +1

elmosuperman

Well executed. +1

elmosuperman

This is wild, I dig it! +1

elmosuperman

Totally bizarre and hilarious. +1

elmosuperman

kaelynangelfoot wrote:It reminds me of the Marc Ecko logo

That definitely had a play in the design structure,

BumperK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BumperK
Re: A Walk In The Park

Totally totally randomly awesome. Randomness by itself is meaningless, but combine it with a rhino and hippo and it moves into the realm of incredible incredibleness. Next time I find myself standing on the back of any animal as I ride out of the sunset I will salute you.

lonelypond

quality posts: 450 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Unrequited

nice!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
swimmer91 wrote:Can't say that I've ever seen an elephant stalk something!

except leavs!

An elephant stomps stalks and leaves.

move along