juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
dooomcat wrote:Nicely done, cute and great rendering! I would have loved to see this on a different colored shirt though. It kind of washes out the main focus, the elephant, and draws the eye to the bright colored rock instead.

You are right!
I like your feedback
thank you very much.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
berona wrote:you just never know what people or gonna like. I have another entry, "Its not that Im faster..." which I spent quite a bit more time on and its not doing as well as this one that I just threw together...go figure! haha

This one appeals to me more than your other one simply because it tells more of a story. You can imagine all sorts of situations that have this as the end result. Nice work regardless, and your art style is awesome. Keep up the good work, hope to see more in future derbies!

(And yes, you never quite know what's going to hit with woot voters so don't get discouraged. )

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: The Hunt

move along

yeldnats00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeldnats00

I like it!

yeldnats00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeldnats00

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite shirt here in the postings! I'd buy it! (I will buy it!) Good luck!

eci4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eci4

Another good giraffe shirt. Really hope this one makes it.

zexyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zexyz
Re: Can you spot me?

Would have been a lot better without the border, imho.

aspherical

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aspherical
j5 wrote:

Do a google image search for "wolf eye" or "lion eye" and you'll find dozens of images like this.

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel

WOW! That's impressive! Want.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
ISO30 wrote:At the risk of sounding like an booooo, I thought the symmetry was pretty weird because I didn't see the face at first. Now I see it and it's awesome- gonna be a rough night for the monkey though.

Hmmm... "1diot" = "boooo"... guess they figure people won't be referring to themselves )

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
Re: Whack-A-Meerkat

I love the derpy face on the meerkat. GMV

meepee

Re: Lapwing sunset

It's amazing, but not something I would wear. GMV anyway!

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
ISO30 wrote:Hmmm... "1diot" = "boooo"... guess they figure people won't be referring to themselves )

haha. they just didn't want you to beat yourself up.

meepee

Re: Pink Safari

Love it! I would resub without the background though.

stridig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stridig

Really nice!

I am not to fond of grey though. Red/yellow/orange on black, or for that matter grey on black) and I would be more likely to buy it. But still, worth a vote

meepee

Re: The Circle of Hunting

Lions with guns? Scaaaary!
Not seeing your style here, though, Patrickspens!
GMV anyway

neithersparky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neithersparky
Re: ROFL

I LOVE HYENAS!! I'd buy ten.

tigerlily8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerlily8
Re: S is for Safari

So cute!!

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
batgirl801 wrote:I had to reply just to see what you had originally typed. haha.

I love the epression on the lion's face!

SHIRT!!!
I am hoping "less is more" with this design. I enjoyed the characters but I had a tough time figuring out where to place them on the SHIRT! It was suppose to say shirt. Hahaha I might have forgot the "R" and it put all that pony crap in its place. haha go figure!

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
Re: Safari Sunset

I think this is really pretty, but I think I would have preferred it centered on the shirt.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
Re: Head in the Clouds

I love this so much!

SJulian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
Spiritgreen wrote:Giraffes are very oddly shaped. The more you look at them, the weirder they are.

Dang! I take it back then, giraffes are just freaks of nature :P

SJulian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
cymricus wrote:Do note, though, that personal taste dictates whether or not someone wants a subtle or intricately designed shirt with high color complement vs. a shirt that says "TOTALLY SCARED OF THE DARK NOW" in bold, white, two-inch letters just so someone can read it. Your legitimate faults need to be objective for anyone to take you seriously.

Nice shirt. Keep up the good work.

My complaints need to be objective? How is wanting a design that people can actually see the detail of not objective? But I can accept the fact that not everyone will share my opinion about that. Although, the fact that this shirt is suppose to be about balance, but the two halves of the circle aren't even close to being proportionate isn't really something that can be disputed as acceptable.

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
paigeg wrote:Lions are so vain. I know - I'm a Leo.

I'm a Libra, so I can't understand the voting in this derby.

mattjorge73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattjorge73
Re: Serengeti

There is so much energy in this design! GMV!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Big Game Animals

Very striking design DianaSprinkle!!

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
meepee wrote:Love it! I would resub without the background though.

You think it should just have the elephants? Hmm.... I may do that.

1jana1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1jana1
1jana1 wrote:

Thanks -I used the kis method! Trying to bring in a little humor to the world!

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: Afraid of the Dark

Purple is such an under appreciated color, and I'm grateful for you choosing it for your design!

I've been consistently loving your entries in the derbies as of late (Underground in the Hipster derby being my favorite so far), your concepts and art style are right up my alley. I sincerely hope to see a print form you very soon.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
yeldnats00 wrote:I'm pretty sure this is my favorite shirt here in the postings! I'd buy it! (I will buy it!) Good luck!

That's awesome! Thanks so much! :D

huuphuc060386

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huuphuc060386

good

j5

aspherical wrote:Do a google image search for "wolf eye" or "lion eye" and you'll find dozens of images like this.

Yeah, and do a Google image search for Giraffe and you'll find this:

move along

SteveBook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook
Re: Afraid of the Dark

This is terrific! I like the hyenas, too.

The Chase (from the Hipster Derby) would have been a good one for this derby, too.

Your art is great fun. I look forward to seeing more.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30

Thought I'd provide links to the actual reference photos I used:

Eye | Giraffe | Tree

I didn't alter the pose for the giraffe much except for the direction of approach, which seemed to work better with the design.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
Re: A Walk In The Park

pretty darned neat

GMV

j5

ISO30 wrote:
I didn't alter the pose for the giraffe much except for the direction of approach

And his boy-parts

move along

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
SJulian1 wrote:My complaints need to be objective? How is wanting a design that people can actually see the detail of not objective? But I can accept the fact that not everyone will share my opinion about that. Although, the fact that this shirt is suppose to be about balance, but the two halves of the circle aren't even close to being proportionate isn't really something that can be disputed as acceptable.

The two halves are actually almost identical- I broke the symmetry in a few places to make it a little more visually interesting and to push the fact that it isn't an exact reflection. Size-wise, though, they are nearly a perfect match- that was something I made sure of while working on the design. The top half has an extra "glow" around it, since it is illuminated by sunlight, while the bottom half blends into the darkness, but I don't see that as an issue. The design may not be to your liking, but I designed it this way because it is the visual I wanted to create and I don't think I failed in bringing my vision to life. As for the complaint that it will just be a blob from far away, just how far are you talking? Even from thumbnail size I can at least make out that the design shows a bright sun on top and a night sky on the bottom, as well as the silhouettes of trees and animals. That's about as large as the design would be from across a large room.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the kind words I put a lot of time and thought into this design and went through many iterations before reaching this as my final product, and I'm glad people are enjoying the outcome.

muhammadajalal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages muhammadajalal
Re: Lapwing sunset

Oh my goodness I think my heart just skipped a beat.. This is one of the best designs I've seen. Ever. Plus, my middle name means Lion in Arabic so this is a perfect shirt for me. Kudos to you.

muhammadajalal

Wow! One amazing design. Love the attention to detail. Reminds me of a book I read "The Interlopers" I must have this shirt!!! GMV

muhammadajalal

Re: Balance

Good design, GMV