coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
Re: Safari Outbreak

I'm kinda surprised this isn't getting more votes. It makes a nice shirt.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

This is impressive.

specsmachine

I know a mechanic that this shirt would be perfect for.

specsmachine

I like this a lot. Gotta love a baby with a monacle.

specsmachine

This is cool.

specsmachine

I love your style.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Corners of Africa

looks amazing!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Narfcake wrote:I suppose this is still rated G, and it'll complement this old Ramy shirt ... GMV.

I think by complement you mean completely blow out of the water. I may not be a huge fan of the concept but this one is FAR superior in every way.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

reneegabel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reneegabel
Re: Dark Continent

I don't think they have Bactrian (two hump) Camels in Africa... Not to split hairs! I love the design regardless

laurenfidler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurenfidler
Re: Dark Continent

don't take this too personally, because as the dromedary camel is my favorite animal I have to point out that the camel you have on your shirt with two humps is bactrian and native to Asia. It is the one humped dromedary that is African.

aradiakali

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aradiakali

Its beautiful, and very Halloween...but monkies with prehensile tales are only in the new world!

SteveBook wrote:This is terrific! I like the hyenas, too.

The Chase (from the Hipster Derby) would have been a good one for this derby, too.

Your art is great fun. I look forward to seeing more.

What?

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Main Attraction

Thanks All!

orcawhalesandowls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orcawhalesandowls

I love the idea and the technicality of the design, especially the clouds... but idk I think the giraffe's neck is a little strange.

orcawhalesandowls

this is amazing work!

merrybug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merrybug
Re: The Happy Hippo

that's cute...

orcawhalesandowls

the details and colors make my heart sing.. so good!

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
Narfcake wrote:I suppose this is still rated G, and it'll complement this old Ramy shirt ... GMV.

"This old ramy shirt" was a lot creepier than this one. (The blood really freaked me out there...)

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Coffeesloth wrote:I like the design and you did very well but they do have a notice that button eyed animals are not what they are looking for...

I'm pretty sure that when Woot wrote "button-eyed kittens and rabbits" they did not literally mean "buttons for eyes" but were talking about the tendency to depict such animals with huge, watery cute eyes. You can substitute in "adorable" there.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: A meal fit for a king

Thanks everyone! This sandwich was supposedly the favorite of Elvis.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Safari Days...

Thanks everyone!

SexyAleksey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SexyAleksey

Superb

Re: Lapwing sunset

lonelypond

quality posts: 460 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Big Game Animals

Nice, I really like this one. Sharp, clean + striking.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:What the heck, this is just Cookie Monster on a safari. Why would he be hunting regular animals...This doesn't make any sen.....OHHHHHH. Well played.

Pretty much how things went until I realized just what "kinds" of animals they were. Technically, I guess they're crackers, but close enough.

Don;t feel bad; I first noticed the animal crackers and then saw who was stalking them.

Walz, another uber-funny piece of art.

miniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miniver
Re: The Jungle Dance

"Don't mind him -- he's always got blood on his lips." -- Bill Engvall

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
aradiakali wrote:Its beautiful, and very Halloween...but monkies with prehensile tales are only in the new world!

Crap! I failed to do my research. I didn't realize lemurs couldn't wrap their tails around things. Well that makes one more thing to have to fix later on. Good catch.

tomsman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tomsman
Re: Lapwing sunset

One of the most stunning designs I've seen here. Wow. GMV

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

moshmoshi167

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moshmoshi167
Re: Bird Shadows!

Remember your Uncle's magical performances making shadows of hippos, lions, snakes and pastrami sandwiches with just his bare hands. Just kidding about the pastrami sandwich. And the absolute best was the bird he could make by interlocking his thumbs and flapping his fingers. Then he would try to teach you his contorted hand talents. Well, what shadows do you think bird uncles teach their little ones? Of course... PEOPLE! Do birds have uncles though? Well I guess so, because here's a picture of them having some fun. Not that I'm competitive or anything, but they have more wing feathers than we have fingers.

Dynasty471

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dynasty471
Re: Balance

The color scheme reminds me a lot of the game Portal. It just has that two sides connotation to me.

Dynasty471

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dynasty471
Re: Serengeti

This shirt just combines so much, I really hope this hits top three because it's the only one I would buy.

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Lilac Breasted Roller

So balanced and beautiful!

collinvh

Re: Serengeti

It would have been fun to watch you create this. Love it!

collinvh

Re: A Walk In The Park

Great color and composition. GMV

ariellindz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ariellindz
tonythai1981 wrote:Oh no! You're right. I even used the same color T-Shirt! Now I feel like an ass. I don't want to remove it because of the time that I spent. However, if I am asked to remove it I will. Respect

Yeah, you can just leave it up unless otherwise requested. You're already fifty votes up. I was just making a note that it seemed like the other shirt.

P.S - Is that a Circus Animal cookie?

collinvh

Re: S is for Safari

Another knockout! Great work my friend.

ariellindz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ariellindz
SJulian1 wrote:My complaints need to be objective? How is wanting a design that people can actually see the detail of not objective? But I can accept the fact that not everyone will share my opinion about that. Although, the fact that this shirt is suppose to be about balance, but the two halves of the circle aren't even close to being proportionate isn't really something that can be disputed as acceptable.

I think the point is different people have different tastes and not everyone cares if they can process the design as you walk past. The simple knowledge that you have an awesome shirt is enough for some people.
I personally don't care what interest people take in my clothing. If some random I don't know can't read the design on my shirt, am I really going to care? Not really.

t0tallyrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t0tallyrad
Re: I Got You!

I really hope this gets printed. I'm such a fan of the doOomcat!

brainiumdesign

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brainiumdesign
Re: Bad Boys

I absolutely love this for some reason. Rhino on the left has some color issues in the tuft of hair though.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Green Tree Frog

Ooops! You need to show this on a shirt template - you will get rejected, otherwise. It also appears you have too many colors. Go to the submission page and hit up the FAQs, etc. to get the rules down.
Nice illo - but you have to work within the rules.

paigeg

Re: Bird Shadows!

Would you explain how this ties in with the theme, because I'm not really seeing it, cute as the idea is.

paigeg

Re: Afraid of the Dark

Dammit, dammit, dammit. My first thought was to do something with my favorite misunderstood critter, the Aye-aye. But in my head Madagascar wasn't Africa, so I discarded it. Oh well, I wouldn't have done it this well, in any case. Your tooning is just wonderful.