BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: The Heart of Africa

Great composition.

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: Cyber Safari

The digital age has simply ruined animals, you just can't get their attention anymore

Rake This![/url]

firedancer731

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firedancer731
Re: Honey Badger Don't Care

It doesn't even look like a honey badger. Sorry, while I love the video, I don't love this shirt.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Sunset Serenade

@lavers & tinycaprice, thanks for your comments. I submitted an alternate version with the moon flipped to see what more people thought, but the feeling seemed to be that it wasn't a worthwhile change.

I prefer the look of this version, keeping in mind that the artistic license involved. :^)

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
walmazan wrote:I love so much the style in this one!

You're a nice guy. I don't mind having you around to kick my butt

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
ramyb wrote:The idea behind this was to do a reflection of the same scene at night- so the bottom shows the nocturnal animals-

I like this better after you described it. At first, I didn't notice the moon and stars and didn't know why the reflection was different. Then, after the explanation, I was like,"Oh, yeah! That makes sense!"

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Josephus wrote:it does, certainly. I don't think the blue works too well- evokes water to me more than night. maybe some sky with stars, or a moon would have been better.

I think that's the idea: the reflection looks like it's a reflection in a pond what it's reflecting isn't the scene above. Imo it works with the context of the rest of the design.

one of my favorites of yours, ramy.

ccazabon

Re: Sunset Serenade (V2)

the level of detail using 6 colors on this shirt is amazing. great job

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Cyber Safari

This is so clever!!!

love it! +1

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: If you become a lion, I will go on safari...

I always found that book kinda creepy, but this shirt is very funny. GMV!

ccazabon

Re: Hail to the King

Awesome design for a shirt. The only thing that bother's me is the spray paint can on the ground...I've never seen spray paint leak in that manner, and I wanted to see a touch of blue on the lions paw. No matter what I do, when I use spray paint I always end up with paint on the tip of my finger :P

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: The Heart of Africa

I love this, reminds me Charlie Harper's stuff. GMV!

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: S is for Safari

Panderific!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Situational Awareness.

Great work with the expressions!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Stalking

Adorable animals!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Safari Hat

gorgeous

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Mavyn wrote:Kangaroos aren't really African.

I'm sorry, Mavyn! I should have explained. That is actually supposed to be a springhare. That's why I gave her the lumpy tail, to make it look bushy. They look like little mini kangaroos. I found it on a list of African animals that served as my inspiration. I needed something that stood upright to fill that space and it fit perfectly! I didn't mean to confuse.

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
Re: African traditions

HAHAHA! I LOVE this!

I love this website! ^^

djs2571

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djs2571
Re: NECKO

something about thinking outside the box comes to mind

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
Re: Balance

I love it. Especially the attention to day/night detail. Thanks for branching out into this kind of work - a refreshing change from cutesy animals!

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
Re: Main Attraction

I would wear yellow to have this shirt. Even though I look like I have liver cancer when I wear yellow...

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Stalking

Can't say that I've ever seen an elephant stalk something!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
BootsBoots wrote:Lol! I thought maybe the naked lion would offend some people. His legs are crossed for a reason ;)

*gasp* Nudity is even more offensive! Have you no limits to your indecency!

ahem..

Seriously though, nice work on Teddy. I like how he's instantly recognizable and I love the mane on your lion!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

cameocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameocat
Re: Sunset Safari

I love this design, but can't wear brown. Would you consider submitting on a different color tee?

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
Re: The Circle of Hunting

I think you might need to see a therapist.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Lagbert wrote:Nice work! Looks like your channeling Mike Mignola a bit : ) The Army of Darkness quote doesn't hurt either GMV +1

Screw On Head IS one of my favorite comics. HA!

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: S is for Safari

What the heck, this is just Cookie Monster on a safari. Why would he be hunting regular animals...This doesn't make any sen.....OHHHHHH. Well played.

Pretty much how things went until I realized just what "kinds" of animals they were. Technically, I guess they're crackers, but close enough.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

My thanks to everyone for their votes!

Re: Photobomb

scruz78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scruz78
Re: A Rough Ride

really great design and amazing detail. good turn on history as well.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
BootsBoots wrote:Lol! I thought maybe the naked lion would offend some people. His legs are crossed for a reason ;)

Just what kind of book is it? :p

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

kuraifuyu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuraifuyu
Re: The Circle of Hunting

This puts a smile on my face...with a tear in my eye

You get my vote sir

kuraifuyu

Re: Ambush

Simple, to the point and funny. That punch line is a killer! :D

kuraifuyu

Nice design, very artistic.

you get my vote

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
Re: The Collector

I love this!

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
ramyb wrote:The idea behind this was to do a reflection of the same scene at night- so the bottom shows the nocturnal animals- I see what you are saying about the similarity to aztec sunset in that they are both sun-based designs, but I think aesthetically and conceptually they are hopefully different enough that this one stands alone.

I see what you're saying, but lions are also very active at night, while antelopes do most of their grazing and running around by day, so I'm not seeing a clear distinction between nocturnal & diurnal animals in this - which is why I totally missed what you were going for, I guess.

papayaportals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papayaportals

I love it!

themeanspleen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themeanspleen

ewww. No.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
firedancer731 wrote:It doesn't even look like a honey badger. Sorry, while I love the video, I don't love this shirt.

I was going for a native art feel (which doesn't try to replicate the exact looks of the animal, but tries to capture its key features along with a story about it).

Here's the photo I used as an initial model:

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
Spiritgreen wrote:@lavers & tinycaprice, I've submitted a tweaked version with the moon lit from the direction of the sun. There's already a lot of artistic license involved though. :^)

Looking for feedback. I'll take down one version in a little while...

LOL - this is something I would have never noticed... and you know how usually you can't "unsee" something once it's pointed out? Well, I have both versions up and I'll admit that the corrected version registers as "more accurate" in that part of my brain that cares about those things but if I hadn't read the comments I wouldn't be able to explain why, and I like the original just fine! BUT - I really want this to print so if it will cost you any votes I think you should change it (still early). GMV either way