BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: The Heart of Africa

Great composition.

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: Cyber Safari

The digital age has simply ruined animals, you just can't get their attention anymore

Rake This![/url]

firedancer731

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firedancer731
Re: Honey Badger Don't Care

It doesn't even look like a honey badger. Sorry, while I love the video, I don't love this shirt.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Sunset Serenade

@lavers & tinycaprice, thanks for your comments. I submitted an alternate version with the moon flipped to see what more people thought, but the feeling seemed to be that it wasn't a worthwhile change.

I prefer the look of this version, keeping in mind that the artistic license involved. :^)

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
walmazan wrote:I love so much the style in this one!

You're a nice guy. I don't mind having you around to kick my butt

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
ramyb wrote:The idea behind this was to do a reflection of the same scene at night- so the bottom shows the nocturnal animals-

I like this better after you described it. At first, I didn't notice the moon and stars and didn't know why the reflection was different. Then, after the explanation, I was like,"Oh, yeah! That makes sense!"

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Josephus wrote:it does, certainly. I don't think the blue works too well- evokes water to me more than night. maybe some sky with stars, or a moon would have been better.

I think that's the idea: the reflection looks like it's a reflection in a pond what it's reflecting isn't the scene above. Imo it works with the context of the rest of the design.

one of my favorites of yours, ramy.

ccazabon

Re: Sunset Serenade (V2)

the level of detail using 6 colors on this shirt is amazing. great job

walmazan

quality posts: 59 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Cyber Safari

This is so clever!!!

love it! +1

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: If you become a lion, I will go on safari...

I always found that book kinda creepy, but this shirt is very funny. GMV!

ccazabon

Re: Hail to the King

Awesome design for a shirt. The only thing that bother's me is the spray paint can on the ground...I've never seen spray paint leak in that manner, and I wanted to see a touch of blue on the lions paw. No matter what I do, when I use spray paint I always end up with paint on the tip of my finger :P

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: The Heart of Africa

I love this, reminds me Charlie Harper's stuff. GMV!

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: S is for Safari

Panderific!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Situational Awareness.

Great work with the expressions!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Stalking

Adorable animals!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Safari Hat

gorgeous

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Mavyn wrote:Kangaroos aren't really African.

I'm sorry, Mavyn! I should have explained. That is actually supposed to be a springhare. That's why I gave her the lumpy tail, to make it look bushy. They look like little mini kangaroos. I found it on a list of African animals that served as my inspiration. I needed something that stood upright to fill that space and it fit perfectly! I didn't mean to confuse.

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
Re: African traditions

HAHAHA! I LOVE this!

I love this website! ^^

djs2571

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djs2571
Re: NECKO

something about thinking outside the box comes to mind

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
Re: Balance

I love it. Especially the attention to day/night detail. Thanks for branching out into this kind of work - a refreshing change from cutesy animals!

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
Re: Main Attraction

I would wear yellow to have this shirt. Even though I look like I have liver cancer when I wear yellow...

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Stalking

Can't say that I've ever seen an elephant stalk something!

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
BootsBoots wrote:Lol! I thought maybe the naked lion would offend some people. His legs are crossed for a reason ;)

*gasp* Nudity is even more offensive! Have you no limits to your indecency!

ahem..

Seriously though, nice work on Teddy. I like how he's instantly recognizable and I love the mane on your lion!

cameocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameocat
Re: Sunset Safari

I love this design, but can't wear brown. Would you consider submitting on a different color tee?

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
Re: The Circle of Hunting

I think you might need to see a therapist.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Lagbert wrote:Nice work! Looks like your channeling Mike Mignola a bit : ) The Army of Darkness quote doesn't hurt either GMV +1

Screw On Head IS one of my favorite comics. HA!

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: S is for Safari

What the heck, this is just Cookie Monster on a safari. Why would he be hunting regular animals...This doesn't make any sen.....OHHHHHH. Well played.

Pretty much how things went until I realized just what "kinds" of animals they were. Technically, I guess they're crackers, but close enough.

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

My thanks to everyone for their votes!

Re: Photobomb

scruz78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scruz78
Re: A Rough Ride

really great design and amazing detail. good turn on history as well.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
BootsBoots wrote:Lol! I thought maybe the naked lion would offend some people. His legs are crossed for a reason ;)

Just what kind of book is it? :p

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

kuraifuyu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuraifuyu
Re: The Circle of Hunting

This puts a smile on my face...with a tear in my eye

You get my vote sir

kuraifuyu

Re: Ambush

Simple, to the point and funny. That punch line is a killer! :D

kuraifuyu

Nice design, very artistic.

you get my vote

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
Re: The Collector

I love this!

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
ramyb wrote:The idea behind this was to do a reflection of the same scene at night- so the bottom shows the nocturnal animals- I see what you are saying about the similarity to aztec sunset in that they are both sun-based designs, but I think aesthetically and conceptually they are hopefully different enough that this one stands alone.

I see what you're saying, but lions are also very active at night, while antelopes do most of their grazing and running around by day, so I'm not seeing a clear distinction between nocturnal & diurnal animals in this - which is why I totally missed what you were going for, I guess.

papayaportals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papayaportals

I love it!

themeanspleen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themeanspleen

ewww. No.

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
firedancer731 wrote:It doesn't even look like a honey badger. Sorry, while I love the video, I don't love this shirt.

I was going for a native art feel (which doesn't try to replicate the exact looks of the animal, but tries to capture its key features along with a story about it).

Here's the photo I used as an initial model:

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
Spiritgreen wrote:@lavers & tinycaprice, I've submitted a tweaked version with the moon lit from the direction of the sun. There's already a lot of artistic license involved though. :^)

Looking for feedback. I'll take down one version in a little while...

LOL - this is something I would have never noticed... and you know how usually you can't "unsee" something once it's pointed out? Well, I have both versions up and I'll admit that the corrected version registers as "more accurate" in that part of my brain that cares about those things but if I hadn't read the comments I wouldn't be able to explain why, and I like the original just fine! BUT - I really want this to print so if it will cost you any votes I think you should change it (still early). GMV either way