+ Add a Comment

ariellindz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ariellindz
Re: hello lion

It's so(x50) cute! I love it!

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: S is for Safari

no more cookie monster shirts. PLEASE no more. Many a time I check the derby and cookie monster is thrown into categories that he doesnt belong in.

bullshay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bullshay
kwisatz23 wrote:I really like the iced animal crackers theme! but the gingerbread in the vehicle seems out of place and ruins it for me..

Thank you for looking at my shirt and thank you for the feedback. It is good to know what others are thinking and gives me a different insight. Thanks again!!!

MarlosTiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarlosTiger
dragonjewels wrote:Not entirely sure that you'd find a tiger on an african safari, but I really love the design. GMV!

Tiger are indeed not native to Africa. Though a few changes to this would make it into an equally impressive leopard, which are an African cat you would see on safari.

Coffeesloth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coffeesloth
Re: The Vacation King

I like the design and you did very well but they do have a notice that button eyed animals are not what they are looking for...

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Tessai217 wrote:Would this happen to be a reference to The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein?

Unfortunately, no. I don't know what that is, but I'm willing to google it.

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929
Re: Safari Lineup

How do you determine who is guilty when a young impala goes missing. Bring in the usual suspects so that the warthog who witnessed the abduction can identify the culprit.

rowlinsister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowlinsister
Re: If you become a lion, I will go on safari...

I think the color combo is great...don't change it!

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: I Got You!

nom nom nom ... a cub has to start somewhere, right?

GMV!

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: Ambush

... and if the mallet doesn't work, we'll just drop an anvil. ^_^

GMV.

kevito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevito
Re: I Got You!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw this COMPLETELY different as to what was going on at first.

asmadasrabbits

quality posts: 3 Private Messages asmadasrabbits
Re: Sunset Serenade

I want to vote, but the moon is definitely bothering me. Can't unsee!

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
Re: Wild LOLcatz

Halftone example:

ltrain952

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ltrain952

This is perfect. Want.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Spotless

beautiful illustration - I love that the dark lines are purple, and not black!

xazothia

smklung wrote:no more cookie monster shirts. PLEASE no more. Many a time I check the derby and cookie monster is thrown into categories that he doesnt belong in.

+1 agreement.

I love Walmazan's designs because they're usually so fresh and creative! and although the joke here IS funny (and I now have a craving for animal crackers...) I think woot has seen enough Sesame Street for a while...

Keep at it Mr. Almazan, I'll always be a fan

xazothia

I tend to be really nitpicky about minor details but the moon doesn't really bother me, personally. Maybe it's because I'm not an astronomer If they were both up in the sky together it might register as weird to me but since the giraffe's neck kind of splits the image in two, my mind doesn't read the sun and moon as actually being related to eachother. just my take on it.

excellent illustration, great colors!

xazothia

specsmachine wrote:I'm sorry, Mavyn! I should have explained. That is actually supposed to be a springhare. That's why I gave her the lumpy tail, to make it look bushy. They look like little mini kangaroos. I found it on a list of African animals that served as my inspiration. I needed something that stood upright to fill that space and it fit perfectly! I didn't mean to confuse.

Maybe a meerkat would have been a more recognizable choice? But I always give kudos to people who do research into making the less obvious, so kudos to you

xazothia

Re: hello lion

I see the reference but it's different enough to be unique in its own way. kind of think it'd be cute if you did other animals as well.

xazothia

Re: Caged

Almost makes me wish that tigers lived in Africa, since that would make more sense to me... unless zebra are taken to eating birds and nobody told me ;)

very cool illustration.

xazothia

Re: adorable tragedy

I like how the characters are all not just toys, but different kinds of toys. it's not gruesome, just damn cute!

unlike the velveteen rabbit, which was horrible nightmare fuel if you think about it too much.

xazothia

Re: Safari Outbreak

The shading on the monkey makes it look really flat (steamrolled, almost) and the expression on the rhino is hard to read (is it mad? in pain? what?) but I agree that it is good to see some variety in your animal selection this week.

xazothia

Re: Situational Awareness.

My husband and I have a running in-joke about bringing down pain and terror on people who are mean to monkeys. I think this shirt would fit well into that joke.

xazothia

Re: The Collector

This is really cute and would make a good print!

xazothia

Re: Wild LOLcatz

the burger with just legs is kind of weird. maybe if it had horns and was a gnuburger or something?

lionz king of jungle, can haz gnuburger.

xazothia

Re: African Ink

I like it!

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
Re: The Hunt

This may be the best design I've seen on woot.

The detail bar has just been raised.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

xazothia

Re: Sofari so goody

The monkeys are really cute!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Spotless

Clever idea and my eye was immediately drawn to the interplay of landscape images in the 'windows of the giraffe's spots.

xazothia

This design is pretty cool (I admit I didn't even see the giraffe until someone mentioned it), but I will be surprised if woot can print it as presented.

xazothia

Re: A Rough Ride

I love how that lion is just so sassy!

PixelPants

Very slick work on the reflection and the finely rendered fur.

PixelPants

Fantastic colours and lighting throughout the scene Spiritgreen. Impressed with the work you put into the giraffe pattern as well.

PixelPants

Re: S is for Safari

S is for Special. Always amazed at how you take a idea and present it in such an effective way Walmazan. Really like the textures on this one.

PixelPants

Re: African traditions

Such a clean and appealing style that complements your idea beautifully Naolito.

PixelPants

Double post. I was away with a poor internet connection. Let's just say I was doubly impressed.

PixelPants

Double post. Sorry it doesn't add up to double votes

PixelPants

Re: Caged

Another great design of yours with subtly effective shading. Very impressive how you consistently create these designs Naolito.

papayaportals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papayaportals

I need this shirt. It really is beautiful compared to the cute and cuddly shirts in the fog right now. I hope it stays right where it is.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
lonelypond wrote:great energy

Thanks! :D