+ Add a Comment

hankescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankescu
Re: Schrodinger's Map

Please, lemme see the details.

aceon0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceon0
wootfast wrote:what does it say in the middle?

Chaos misspelled

norbjunior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norbjunior
Re: Home is where the heart is

Oh I just love this one!! But I just wish it weren't white! >_< But otherwise, very very nicely done!

naeylonsidhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naeylonsidhe
Re: Stellar Cartographer

Fabulous. It reminds me of the ship in treasure planet.

mymovinman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mymovinman
mrwednesday wrote:This should be rejected swiftly by Monday because it is clearly against the rules just as much as the rejections that have already been handed down.

Beyond that at least try to show some artistic integrity. Bill Watterson was fiercely opposed to the commercialization of his characters which is why he never licensed the IP. It's insulting that so many so called artists spit on his wishes especially since there is absolutely no parody whatsoever in this design. Bad form.

Looks nothing like Calvin or any of Watterson's work

papayaportals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papayaportals
Re: Going Nowhere

I love this idea! +1

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
mymovinman wrote:Looks nothing like Calvin or any of Watterson's work

Really? Because I instantly identified it as Spaceman Spiff.

sunflowerz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunflowerz
Re: Top O'Graphic

This is awesome! great job!

houseofkrause

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houseofkrause
lyonscc wrote:Here is a link to a higher detail copy to show the signs better.

Love it

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: IM THE MAP

wasn't one "link" shirt already rejected?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Akazak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Akazak

wubupon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
Re: Bunny Slopes

ok i get it....fine i'll feed your bunnies.

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
Re: There's a Map for That

This is my first derby entry, so I'm happy for any feedback people can give me.

Someone suggested that it would be better if it actually said, "There's a map for that" on the shirt. Do others agree, or do you prefer for the art to speak for itself?

dreamlessdays86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamlessdays86
Re: Global Warming

At risk of echoing the comment before mine, I just want to say I love your designs Ramyb. While this design won't get a +1 from me, you have two others this week that will. You offer a great variety of designs in almost every derby and I find myself surprised when I look at some designs and see they're from you. Keep up the great work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get the "GPS Fail" this upcoming weekend.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

OH MY GOSH SHARKS WITH FRICKIN LASERS! <3

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

xxchange

MathUhhhSaurus wrote:Edit: I would like this more if SC said Palmetto instead of Palm...it's what they are known as here :] I love this though

That's true. I agree that it should be Palmetto. SC residents LOVE the Palmettos.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
epicfal wrote:YES. YES, YES, YES. I WANT THIS SO BAD I'M USING CAPS LOCK.

*ahem* Sorry, I'm better now. Seriously, this shirt rocks so hard that I don't even care that I look terrible in cream, I will buy it and wear it anyways. (But if you feel like doing a version in, say, blue, I won't tell you not to.)

Now in blue HERE

DorkKnight27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DorkKnight27
Re: Where Am I

I don't even think you need the speech bubble to get the idea across.

love the idea, though.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Left at Albuquerque

Very nice. I had a similar idea of Bugs in front of sign that said "Welcome to Albuqurque. Turn left here." but I like yours much better.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
bigedna wrote:I adore this concept.

:D

I adore your adoring. Thanks!

cjbel87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjbel87

Funny, I don't see the same amount of complaining about "IM THE MAP"

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57493

scubastove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubastove

Ramyb's Oz shirt was rejected, not due to the "map" itself but for the content around it (i.e. the characters). There was another Zelda shirt rejected due to the rules not allowing 'fictional worlds you didn't create'.

Absolutely no animosity towards the artist, I think this is a great design and it made me laugh. I'm just concerned over why the rejectionator is banning multiple shirts for (somewhat) subtle pop culture references, but this design has made it to the fog for 2 days now. Navi is an icon of the Zelda series, and it is obvious that the other character is Link as well. But a yellow brick road, with a girl and a dog facing AWAY from the viewers POV is rejected just because of the setting of the design? Again, I reiterate no disrespect toward this artist, I'm just WTFing at the rejections.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
bluejester wrote:When I share my opinion here on why I feel like this should get the axe by the rejectionator, I want all of you to know that even if I get frustrated at your opinions, I remember that there is a living, thinking person on the other end of the converstaion. I don't mean to sound condescending or rude with my opinion here, and humbly apologize if typed words come across with an inflection that I do not intend. To that end, here goes my thoughts on why this design should be rejected:

Here is the break down in "Phantom Tollbooth" type logic:

If you are not somewhere, then surely you must be someplace else. If you are someplace else, what would you call that someplace else?

To that end;

Where does this shirt design imply that the someplace else

or

Suppose I've never seen this shirt design and I walk up to you and see the shirt. Where do you suppose I will think that the "Dorothy Gale look-a-like and her little dog too" are standing? Not what is that a map of, that's the wrong question. The right question is where are they standing.

Yes, it's easy to fall into the trap of rude snarkiness and say "not Kansas;" however I am asking a genuine question here.

Now, it's true the map is of the good ol' U.S.A. and the rules say "No maps of fictional worlds you didn't create." America is real, and thank God for that because it's where I keep all my stuff.

However, the rules also say in the example "Yes, make up your own continent." Again, where am I suppossed to think that the little girl-- who happens to look like Dorothy--is standing? For the gag to work, I have to infer that she is in OZ. Not something that Ramyb created.

I think what frustrates me about this design not having been rejected is the fact that it seems like it has gotten by because of this part of the rules:
"No, don't give us a map of Narnia or Oz or whatever." Technically, the map displayed is of U.S.A. So no, technically Ramyb didn't make up the map of America. But Dorothy has to be standing in OZ to make the gag work.

In the end, the last rule for this particular derby is a little too muddled. Is it that no implication of previously established fictional worlds are allowed, or is it okay as long as you don't actually have a map of the place?

Which aspect of the final derby rule takes precedent? No fictional worlds, or No Maps of fictional worlds?

The joke is that she ISN'T in Oz- she is in an absolutely ordinary place- The original version of the design even showed on the map where she was, which was in Missouri. I even got rid of the yellow brick road to take out any implication of Oz.

xxchange

Re: Going Nowhere

I don't think I would wear it now, with the iPod instead of the paper. Plus I think the orange on the hamster is a little bright. But it's still very cute!

Megatrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megatrain
Re: Patcha the Explorer

Awesome!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

This one got subbed after all the rejections were handed out and they never reject on the weekends. I'd be shocked if it wasn't rejected first thing Monday.

kcdodge86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcdodge86

kcdodge86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcdodge86
Re: Where Am I

Oops about the blank message above (which I guess it what I think the shirt should say), I totally agree no text bubble required.
Really awesome shirt otherwise.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
ramyb wrote:The joke is that she ISN'T in Oz- she is in an absolutely ordinary place- The original version of the design even showed on the map where she was, which was in Missouri. I even got rid of the yellow brick road to take out any implication of Oz.

So the joke is Dorothy isn't in Oz and she isn't in Kansas. So then, why is she Dorothy?

If the aforementioned is true, your shirt makes zero sense. It does make sense if one is to assume she is Dorothy (shoes, dog, outfit). Assuming that, then the logical assumption is that she's not in Kansas; ergo, she's in Oz. This conclusion comes from the quote in the movie when she's in Oz (!)] saying to herself that she's no longer in Kansas.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SJulian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

Perhaps when they say, "No maps of fictional worlds you didn't create." They mean no maps *from* fictional worlds you didn't create.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus

This should get rejected. Period.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

axphw1

MathUhhhSaurus wrote:Why does South Dakota (and not SC) get to keep their "u"? :[

You're right; that's not fair. I fixed and resubmitted. Thanks!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
blanked wrote:...there isn't a discernible way he got out of the car - if he had opened the door you would see it at that angle (and the water pooring in would keep it open).

He actually climbed out through the window

axphw1

Re: U all want ME

Fixed version. Thanks to MathUhhhSaurus for tattling on South Dakota's u hording.

Full version available at:

https://sites.google.com/site/xanderphilip1/_/rsrc/1318693688055/u-all-want-me/UWantME.jpg

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
Re: Can you see me now?

Love love love.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
kylemittskus wrote:So the joke is Dorothy isn't in Oz and she isn't in Kansas. So then, why is she Dorothy?

If the aforementioned is true, your shirt makes zero sense. It does make sense if one is to assume she is Dorothy (shoes, dog, outfit). Assuming that, then the logical assumption is that she's not in Kansas; ergo, she's in Oz. This conclusion comes from the quote in the movie when she's in Oz (!)] saying to herself that she's no longer in Kansas.

Isn't that the joke? Taking the fantastic and making it mundane? She isn't in Kansas, or OZ, but someplace else, some totally mundane location. The original showed her in MO, which was the point of the joke.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

blacksheep59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blacksheep59
Re: Bunny Slopes

Despite having my own entry in this derby and not liking skiing, I really want this to win.

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal
Re: Home is where the heart is

It reminds me of this t-shirt.

jchuguelet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchuguelet
Re: Can you see me now?

Great design and nice colors.

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace