shapelessclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapelessclay

Looks rather psychedelic, but in a good way; A burst of mind-altering colour gushing forth into being out of the the grave darkness of the space-womb. If only it would glow in the dark...

mafafu888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888
ramyb wrote: I even got rid of the yellow brick road to take out any implication of Oz.

The continued inclusion of Dorothy, Toto, and the quote make this scream Oz, yellow brick road or not. Typically there are plenty of shirts in this contest that skirt or downright flagrantly disregard the rules, yet here they are in the fog.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

So, I had this idea of mountains filled with gold..

I asked the very awesome Randyotter to bring it to life. Lo and behold!

He sure as heck did.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Fragile Map

This is probably the best design I've seen from you.

kmmkmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmmkmc
Re: Heart of the City

So awesome. Love the artistry.

akobylarek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akobylarek
Re: Global Warming

I am wondering how people who bash on these shirts are actually artists that submit to this site.

If you don't like the shirt... then don't vote for it. All these comments that seem really only to try and hurt and not actually give constructive criticism are like trying to tell Bill Gates that Windows sucks while he nods his head and counts his money.

He probably doesn't care since he is in the top three usually about twice a month. You are just wasting your breath.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: A Golden Smile

This is awesome!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I really like this a lot. It is very pleasing

barrydtreasure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrydtreasure
Re: The Realm of Every Game

Great shirt Larry,
I love the nerdy wordiness, it fits so well with the culture of gaming (or at least my particular corner of said culture). The captions are very humorous, and I love the details for all of the places. You have my vote, and I'll certainly purchase one if it prints.

+-{====>

dylia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dylia
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57491]

I really like the overall design.

Just a couple tweaks I'd suggest:
Experiment with shirt colors other than white. I think this would really pop on one of the blues.
I'd shrink down the design as a whole just a bit...Maybe 20% so it doesn't look like the neck portion is crawling around the side.

Then again, your design is faring much better than mine at the moment, so who am I to judge? ;-)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Realm of Every Game

Definitely do like. This rings so true of many a game.

:^)

minxling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minxling
hankescu wrote:Please, lemme see the details.

Best I can do:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minxling/6248097414/in/photostream

tygris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tygris
Re: Heart of the City

This is really cool but the blue water in the lower right hand corner is distracting to me... makes the shirt off balance... But I'd still buy it

charityryan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages charityryan
Re: A Golden Smile

like a gold mine, except the mine is filled with cute instead. +1

moniquevh24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moniquevh24
Re: Global Warming

Very nice work Ramyb! Hope I get to own this shirt.

anknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anknight
Re: Heisenburgia

...If you're watching a cat, I'm betting he'd change the destination. If he stayed alive. But if you knew his state of being, how long could such knowledge remain certain? And would the cat care?

type40geekwithsam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages type40geekwithsam
Re: Things I know about Great Britain

Adorable! And too true ;-D

seakitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seakitty

Very cool

seakitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seakitty
kattpdx wrote:This one isn't getting enough love. Fantastic design.

I would say that, as well

auntjean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auntjean
Re: What have we done?

It very cool looking but I don't get it. Somebody help me out?

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
xxchange wrote:That's true. I agree that it should be Palmetto. SC residents LOVE the Palmettos.

I would have used that, as well, but I went with the common name for all the trees and not the binomial nomenclature. It seemed to me that I would be inconsistent if I did that for SC, but not the other states.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
Re: GPS Fail

WOW - I have gotten into the habit of looking for Ramy designs just to read the comments, always interesting ^_^.

Until a few hours ago Ramy had three designs in the fog, all safe and familiar, none of them creative or imaginative. Any one of the three would probably sell (Ramy IS a marketing genius). BUT there are a few really good, creative, original designs bumping up against the fog that aren't going to get in and that's a shame - who knows, maybe one of those would-have-made-it designs could have been the next Nevermore. Those of us who have become addicted to Narfcakes' 6-nights-a-week stats know that top vote-getters aren't always top sellers, and visa versa. In the current reckoning Couldn't Care Less Bear placed second after Ironic Bunny but has sold substantially more shirts (because let's face it, a hung-over, panhandling Care Bear is funny to someone who has never heard the term "hipster" and doesn't understand irony... a sloppy design not really on theme, but marketing genius).

Woot, I have a suggestion, a win-win-win proposition. Any time that Ramy has 3 designes in the fog, create a "Ramy fog" and pull his designs out of the general competition. Then print the top 3 vote getters on Fri through Sun, and print the top Ramy design on Mon (or release in order of actual votes). A win-win-win. The Ramy minions can vote, gush, and buy Ramy. The Ramy bashers can post the usual critiques (which serve to stir up the Ramy minions and hey, there's no such thing as "bad" publicity). Three artist who would not have otherwise fogged will get some exposure and, most likely, one that wouldn't have printed will print, giving those of us who don't buy Ramy on principle the option to buy. AND we will finally be able to let the market decide, once and for all, whether Ramy shirts really do sell better than more creative, artistic, well-executed designs.

C'mon, woot, it'll be fun. If you build it up, spin it right, it should be a money-maker for woot... and some of my favorite up-and-coming artists might finally get a print.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Another Week Lost

This is how I feel every week passes by!

Big Detail Here

omarfeliciano

Re: Star Map

Your designs are always so cool!

omarfeliciano

Re: Hard, but not impossible

This in the Fog proves that any anything well done can win.

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

Great take on the theme, beautiful too! GMV

omarfeliciano

Re: Old Friends Reunited

Nicely done!

type40geekwithsam

D3lusional wrote:This will no doubt be rejected. It's a dungeon map from The Legend of Zelda, a part of a fictional world you did not create.

AND referencing another fictional world you did not create...although I don't know what to call it...a Dora-verse?

type40geekwithsam

cjbel87 wrote:Funny, I don't see the same amount of complaining about "IM THE MAP"

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57493

Uhhh....yes there is....

omarfeliciano

DorkKnight27 wrote:I don't even think you need the speech bubble to get the idea across.

love the idea, though.

I agree 100%

omarfeliciano

Re: Going Nowhere

This is awesome!

omarfeliciano

Re: Not in Kansas anymore

At last, this will print!

omarfeliciano

omarfeliciano

Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

Who gave you permission to look inside my head?

omarfeliciano

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick
kylemittskus wrote:So the joke is Dorothy isn't in Oz and she isn't in Kansas. So then, why is she Dorothy?

If the aforementioned is true, your shirt makes zero sense. It does make sense if one is to assume she is Dorothy (shoes, dog, outfit). Assuming that, then the logical assumption is that she's not in Kansas; ergo, she's in Oz. This conclusion comes from the quote in the movie when she's in Oz (!)] saying to herself that she's no longer in Kansas.

Really? Because the first one showed her in Kansas City, MO... which was hilarious to me.

And hey, who's to say it has to be Dorothy? Could be someone in drag who's performing in MO, and they still LOOK like Dorothy, and aren't in OZ, or Kansas.

(Being absurd simply to be absurd is... absurd.)

Hey, I get it. Some people think that because of his past connections and some pretty suspect actions, that Ramy shouldn't be here. I could understand that. But to see that people regularly just try to spread hatred and make non-stop absurd arguments on EVERY dang shirt is ridiculous. And at least one of you is an artist who's work I like, but won't buy now, because you spread this ridiculousness. It's sad.

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen
Re: IM THE MAP

I'm just confused (and vaguely offended) by the mix of The Legend of Zelda and Dora the Explorer. (I sincerely hoping that my children forget all about Dora by age eight or so, tyvm.)

cakeninjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak
Bandrik wrote:I can tell you're a Calvin & Hobbes and Bill Watterson fan, but seriously... come off it, now. There have been several Calvin and Hobbes shirts produced across the intertubez. I respect Watterson as an artist, but I see absolutely no reason to shun fan art, parodies, etc of his work.

Plus, I don't see how this is a betrayal of the derby rules. This guy is not a celebrity likeness. It's not an all-text shirt. It's not a map of a copyrighted and pre-existing fictional world. The shirt's fine.

I like the shirt. I hope it prints.

Oh so then as long as others do it, it's okay. Because that makes sense.

And I agree - I don't see reason to shun fan art, parodies, etc. However, the difference is that this has the potential to make money. The key word mrwednesday used there was commercialization.

Don't get me wrong. I really like the design. I'd LOVE to own a C&H inspired shirt, but I simply can't vote for this (or purchase it if it were to win) simply based on principle. Excellent work, though.

justsaynarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justsaynarf
Re: Going Nowhere

Just a sec ... I think I'm finally getting somewhere!

Got my vote.

One is a genius, the other's insane.