coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
Re: Celestial Map

It's also a real star chart! Just lay down, rotate your body to the appropriate angle, depending on date, and there ya go! ;-)

silverdragontyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverdragontyr
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

Honestly... People in this thread keep saying "well if you assume..." "It's Dorthy so she must be in Oz.." ect. My problem is that the originsl is that it was the same MAP. He changed very little about THE MAP. The shirt was rejected with the reason "No MAPS of fictional worlds you didn't create." Yet here he is. Same design. Same MAP. All he did was add a little text and remove some yellow which she was standing on, but didn't change for the most part, THE MAP. Now, can someone remind what this derby's theme is again?

I am honestly appalled at this.

arwendoll16lotr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arwendoll16lotr

Oh no! I lost the picture to link to but I am really liking the one with the little mouse in the maze =)

silverdragontyr

Re: IM THE MAP

I really like and think this is a really neat shirt, but I have to agree, with what they have already rejected and rules in place it's not fair to keep this one. =/ There shouldn't be double standards. A lot in this derby seem to be skating on the edge of the rules. I think my favorite so far that is on Theme is Star Map.

silverdragontyr

melfox86 wrote:The colors are beautiful. Wonderful choices on those. +1, as I love whimsical shirts that suck you into a daydream

Wow, this is an amazing shirt with wonderful colors and details. It has my vote and I hope it wins.

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
Re: Another Week Lost

beer creek looks like a pond

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
gayemeyer wrote:I don't care if it looks like the perspective is off, and i'm thinking most people don't care about that either. It is so beautiful and I am drawn deep into it every time I look at it. sigh...

Agree! Best shirt in derby!

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
Re: City of Rosie

The city of Rosie came about when a group of tough talking dames working a factory line accidentally slipped through a crack from our world into another during the War. Faced with no way back and nothing to work with but some scraps and their “We Can Do It” attitude, these ladies rolled up their shirt sleeves and started doing what they do best: riveting. They welded and pounded, hammered and sawed ‘til they got their city working. And then they got it to fly.

In 1945, when the war was done, a group of soldier boys came home to find their dames had gone missing. Word around said they fell through an impossible crack and were lost. Not discouraged, these boys found their way and met up with the missing women, asked why they didn’t go home. The ladies explained they hadn’t been able to.

Well, neither could those soldier boys. Fortunately enough, those dames were as good as at building a city as they were at building planes, so the boys settled in and the city of Rosie just kept flying on.

Just to say this city came from my imagination.

Also, since it moves, compass direction don't work within the city, which is why there are X and Y axis marks at the city center

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Err...Why hasn't this one been rejected yet?

you almost sound upset that it hasnt been...

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
Re: Hard, but not impossible

aww, makes me sad. happiness always seems so far away, and i get lost so often

diablofox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diablofox
Re: Global Warming

This is amazing! +2, because that's how many shirts I would buy

andystans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andystans

The colours and placement are just perfect, GMV.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

If this wins, i'm buying it. Period.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
sodalite wrote:beer creek looks like a pond

Unlike the lake, the creek area represents the zone where it is located. Maybe I shouldn't have drawn it so similar in shape to the lake :/

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
bpr2 wrote:You didn't sell any in the hallowoot derby, so now you NEED to make more then 1 design to cope your "losses"? geeze, show some restraint.

He had three different entries in #220 also.

Multiple entries is nothing new, nor is multiple wins in the same derby. The first time that happened was in derby #11.

KieranJW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KieranJW

I would buy this shirt.

jovan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jovan
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57557]Lewis

The true motivation for the Expedition of 1803: The munchies. Happy voting, everyone!

TheFlyingLime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheFlyingLime
Re: Another Week Lost

I really adore this shirt, but the "forest" misspelling needs to be fixed. Would you need to repost to submit a revised version?

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
epicfal wrote:I love this idea, but I'm not crazy about the background gradient. I feel like it calls attention to the fact that there isn't more background detail, rather than really adding anything.

It's actually supposed to be an abstracted version of low lying fog, but, alas, it is what it is. Glad you liked the idea, though.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Hm. Ramy did a fox. Well I'll be.

I've gotta say, it's not -terrible-. I like the colors. The tail's a little on the long side. But really, I just hate Firefox. I mean, the shirt's somewhat on theme, but if it prints, it'll be like, the one fox shirt from Woot that I won't buy. I bought the Unexpected Error shirt because it's more anti-Firefox than for it. And I think I've snagged all the other fox shirts.

Good luck, anyway, I suppose. It is at least tempting.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

oliveview

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oliveview
Re: Pangaea Continental Moving Company

I love this shirt! I really hope it gets made!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

Return to the fog and stick it! +1

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
walmazan wrote:Return to the fog and stick it! +1

Oh no! Out of the fog. Vote if you like it!

raerae104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raerae104
Re: Patcha the Explorer

Reminded me of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fHtd2RQnZk

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
Re: The Realm of Every Game

Yeah, it applies to a lot of game world-- but any chance you were specifically playing Chronotrigger recently?

lone9653

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lone9653
Re: Careful Planning

WRONGLY REJECTED..... I would buy this!

If he created the level map on his own why not let it be? Game similarities are normally accepted?!?!

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: Celestial Map

Super cool! I love the multi-use function.

futhermore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages futhermore
Re: Heart of the City

Stunning. Best one in the derby! +1

You may have noticed I'm not all there myself.

naeylonsidhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naeylonsidhe
Re: Wonderful World of...

This is going to get rejected. No maps of fictional places you did not create.

bigfoot1107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107
Re: Come Find Us

From the Voyager Golden Record?

B450R

quality posts: 0 Private Messages B450R

interested without the bubble

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
Re: Where Am I

I disagree about the bubble. Without it, I'd probably assume that Waldo is just playing a super serious game of hide and seek and was researching the next leg of his journey.

With the speech bubble, I now know that he's actually just wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out where the heck he is.

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
Re: Patcha the Explorer

Love this style.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: A Golden Smile

Ah! So cool! $__$

cobaltspectre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobaltspectre
Re: Where Am I

I agree with everyone else-- I like the concept, but dislike the bubble.

I know that you can't change the art; but, if you cocked his head to the side, it would make it appear that he was having a lot of trouble figuring out where he fit in on the map, and thus cause him to seem even more lost without need of the bubble.

iamanidiot240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamanidiot240
Re: Schrodinger's Map

why do you list all those colors? you dont use many of them

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Wonderful World of...

They were being strict on friday. But those rejections were characters in their own or another fictional world. As you made your own theme park it might get by.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: City of Rosie

Not very visually appealing, but you get a vote for originality.

capitalsown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capitalsown
Re: Top O'Graphic

I love these abstract designs. I also love your color choice.

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
Re: Come Find Us

Yes, I stylized the binary codes.

closed circle = 1
open circle = 0

"taste the beast"