lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
blanked wrote:Not very visually appealing, but you get a vote for originality.

Make that +2 you mad, mad, magnificent man.

"I take it you're a woman?"

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
Re: Global Warming

I'll leave the discussion of whether the design is original and on-topic to others but I will comment on the execution since I have complained in the past about an apparent lack of effort on Ramy's part. The fox's limbs are symmetric and proportionate and you used a full 6 colors; the coloring and shading is nice. This is a polished well-executed design, it looks good - Thank you Ramy!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: A Golden Smile

Love!

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

I really hope that this prints. More random awesomeness and less ubiquitous, fluffy animals please?

dmaz

Re: IM THE MAP

Yes.

dmaz

Re: recalculating...

Better than 8 out of the 9 shirts in the fog. Hopefully, some day soon, good shirt designs like this will triumph over sub-par performance from hyped up popular users. Some day.

skelleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelleton
Re: Where Am I

I think you should remove the bubble and have him scratch his head, and hold the map side ways.

skelleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelleton
Re: Stellar Cartographer

Love the colours, great design. No complaints here.

climbtreez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages climbtreez
Re: The Realm of Every Game

I'd buy this so much. Very clever!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Can you see me now?

This is brilliant!!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I'm having trouble understanding what this is a map of. Nothing's labelled, there are no identifying marks, there is no scale. I'm not sure it is a map at all.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

Ask yourself..

When you wear this shirt, are people going to get the joke? Without the title, you are just wearing a design that looks like the quite recognizable browser icon.

It's fine if that's enough for you, but the joke will probably not once be recognized for what its worth.

Also, I don't consider this thing a map. A map is supposed to be representation of an area that helps you from being lost. I guess that's debatable though. I guess I never thought globes qualified for maps, at least not in the traditional definition.

icymallard

icymallard wrote:Ask yourself..

When you wear this shirt, are people going to get the joke? Without the title, you are just wearing a design that looks like the quite recognizable browser icon.

It's fine if that's enough for you, but the joke will probably not once be recognized for what its worth.

Also, I don't consider this thing a map. A map is supposed to be representation of an area that helps you from being lost. I guess that's debatable though. I guess I never thought globes qualified for maps, at least not in the traditional definition.

Woops nvm, its a heat map, which was stated in the original post I just read.

icymallard

Re: Can you see me now?

I knew Alaska was up to no good!

Except for the Happy Video Game Nerd.

Gotta applaud Alaska for that one.

estherpiscore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages estherpiscore
SJulian1 wrote:Perhaps when they say, "No maps of fictional worlds you didn't create." They mean no maps *from* fictional worlds you didn't create.

I agree. Nor here nor in the previous design it was a MAP OF A FICTIONAL WORD. There is a MAP OF A REAL PLACE.
There is no "No REFERENCES to a fictional world you did not create" rule. There is no rule about what people could think or asume. Then both subs are more than OK. Period.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
silverdragontyr wrote:The shirt was rejected with the reason "No MAPS of fictional worlds you didn't create."

Last I checked, a map of the USA is NOT fictional (even if some politicians seem to treat it otherwise, but I digress). In the original entry, the location was pinpointed in Missouri, which IMHO, delivered a better punchline than the "not in Kansas" that this one.

icymallard

Re: GPS Fail

This probably seems to coincide with my unfavorable view of RamyB, but I'm quite certain that regardless of artist...

Joke Not Funny Anymore.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

icymallard

Re: The Trouble with Uncharted Galaxies

Hmm.. I didn't even think of it as Spaceman Spiff and I have a C&H book.

But I do recall the tentacled beast...

Well, I like the colors and style.
Hope you submit more in the future.

icymallard

Re: World's Easiest Map

Hehe, i Havent seen this before, I like!

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

I'm calling foul on this rejection. The United States of America, while it sometimes seems like a fictional land, is a real place. If you reject this design based on it being a "map of a fictional place", then you also have to reject another 30 designs.

The road is not part of the map! Thus it shouldn't get him das boot!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Another Week Lost v2

Decided to resubmit with recommendations:

1. Added more coffee along the map, specially on Monday.
2. Beer Creek is now Beer Pond (I like it better).
3. Forest is no longer misspelled.

omarfeliciano

Re: Another Week Lost

Decided to resubmit with recommendations:

1. Added more coffee along the map, specially on Monday.
2. Beer Creek is now Beer Pond (I like it better).
3. Forest is no longer misspelled.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Josephus wrote:I'm having trouble understanding what this is a map of. Nothing's labelled, there are no identifying marks, there is no scale. I'm not sure it is a map at all.

I considered the idea of including a scale on the design for the sake of clarity, but couldn't find a way to place it that I liked. Ultimately, I decided that going with a "red is hot, blue is cold" scale was hopefully going to be clear enough. What I've shown is a pretty standard representation of hot patches on a map, hopefully that comes across clearly.

Also, thanks to everyone for the kind words on this design. I spent a little extra time polishing it, and hopefully it shows

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

I hope this one makes it, as I need a pirate themed shirt for my pastafarian gatherings.

But I just don't get banging on a shirt because it's not 100% realistic. He's obviously not going for photo realism.

omarfeliciano

Please, ReVote!

Thanks for your support and comments so far!

Here is a Bigger Detail

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart

It's erie how much my life resembles this map.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Why Go Around?

It's a well made design (and I like the idea), but somehow the comp doesn't do it justice.

Is this your first entry? If you stick with us, you'll get the hang of it. When I first got here, I checked out what the more successful people were doing with their comps and tried to add my own style to it. You did good by putting the detail shot in the comments. It's a good illustration.

fickca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fickca
Re: Come Find Us

I really wish it didn't have the words "come find us, mr alien". I'd buy it in a heartbeat otherwise.

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
Re: Bunny Slopes

Nooo! Why is this no longer in the fog? People need to vote for it! This is one of the few from this derby I'd actually buy.

type40geekwithsam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages type40geekwithsam
Re: GPS Fail

Are you sure its GPS system and not an ATMOS car?
Hehehe...Its not exactly a joke, but new Dr. Who Fans should get what I mean...

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Fragile Map

Quite beautiful. I'd probably prefer slightly fewer leaves (or something), but it's still lovely.

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
lilygrapetree wrote:Make that +2 you mad, mad, magnificent man.

"I take it you're a woman?"

Yes I am a woman, and thank you, I am quite mad.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

The pose, along with the title, the tentacle, and the ship, are all obvious winks/nods to Spaceman Spiff.

Stardamsel, I usually like your submissions. You have a good sense of shirt design (placement/colors/etc). And wow, those rocks. But this one is not so much an homage as it is a disrespect to Mr. Watterson.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
mrwednesday wrote: ...Not Kansas = Oz...

Well Gee all this time I've lived in Oz and never knew!

SteveBook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook
Re: World's Easiest Map

The "Good Enough" is great!

Nice job.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
type40geekwithsam wrote:Are you sure its GPS system and not an ATMOS car?
Hehehe...Its not exactly a joke, but new Dr. Who Fans should get what I mean...

You have reached your...final destination. Dun dun dun.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Wonderful World of...

They need to make Nintendoland for real. I want to go to there. :0

jumcdona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumcdona
Akazak wrote:

Ah. Shame. It really is a brilliant idea.

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

no way should this one be out of the fog.