unsweetener

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unsweetener
Re: The Realm of Every Game

Love. We're onto you, bossy loiterers.

tbonegddss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbonegddss
powerslaveintime wrote:I have no idea why I put a baseball cap on God. Guess it seemed like the right thing to do at the time...

I don't get it. Your god is looking at a subway map or a map of a mall? Is he wearing a fur coat? Is he standing outside of the mall (or subway or whatever) and the other red dots are people?

unsweetener

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unsweetener
Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

Yeah, the girlfriends thing loses it for me, as a girl. Relationships would have too, though. Very cute otherwise!

tbonegddss

Re: Map to success

So your idea of success is getting into a girl's pants. Hmm.... you must have pretty low expectations for yourself.

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy

Yeah, I don't get the rejection either. But I guess in the interest of balance, there are plenty of Ramy shirts that should have been rejected for rule violations that weren't...

palookaboy

mrwednesday wrote:You've been a repeated beneficiary of stated rules not enforced. It's rather unbecoming to whine in the rare cases things happen to not go your way.

This.

Also, I can't see how the rejectionator can overlook this when I think it only further implies that she's in OZ than the last one (which I think woot was being a bit picky in rejecting to begin with).

palookaboy

ramyb wrote:The original version of the design even showed on the map where she was, which was in Missouri.

I find myself in the strange position of agreeing with Ramy.

That being said, I think it's unbecoming to argue this so much when you reap more rewards from this derby than any other single artist, and there have been plenty of times you've gotten away with more blatant rule violations.

palookaboy

blanked wrote:I thought real world was allowed? Also I figured you would link unexpected error.

Rejectionator must be off for the weekend. This is plenty of reason for rejection.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: Cheese Marks The Spot

This guy looks like he has some experience.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: Wonderful World of...

I don't see why this wouldn't fall within the defined rules. It's a map I created and there's not a no video game rule this time.

Though the reject-a-nator is a finicky mistress.

tbonegddss

Re: IM THE MAP

I think this is an awesome design and would really love to own it! I love the LOZ and I would have the same reaction if my map starting singing! I agree with some of the others here that this will most likely get rejected, and at that time I will be very sad.

tbonegddss

amaliac wrote:Would have preferred a lighter colour for the actual line, but a cute concept never the less! :D

I love this shirt and would definitely buy one! I have been stuck in the crazy blob in the middle for the last 6 years! The awesomeness of simplicity!

I like that the line is black. It refers to the dark void of unhappiness one experiences before they find their way out. It might have been neat if the line started out dark and got lighter or a "happier" color as it got closer to the end.

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
fickca wrote:I really wish it didn't have the words "come find us, mr alien". I'd buy it in a heartbeat otherwise.

let's poll: I'll resub without the text if others agree with fickca.

"taste the beast"

tbonegddss

Re: weekly treasure map

I would think the treasure would be on either Friday or Saturday.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
palookaboy wrote:Rejectionator must be off for the weekend. This is plenty of reason for rejection.

These two designs are entirely different in concept- Diana's shirt is an evil firefox destroying the world- the only similarity is the reference to firefox itself, and I'm not sure why that alone would be a reason for rejection.

Ishmarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ishmarie
Re: GPS Fail

I like it, because it's so true.

ps. Love your designs, Ramyb. They never cease to make me laugh or, at the very least, smile.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Re: How to close a map

We all know how difficult (specially when it's big) is to close a map sometimes. Look at those pirates, trying to learn from the instructions how to close the treasure map! What they don't know is that later they will have to close the instructions map!

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
jumcdona wrote:Ah. Shame. It really is a brilliant idea.

I think the implication is that I in some way inserted someone else's work in my submission, which isn't true. The image I used is from stock.xchng (http://www.sxc.hu/photo/653075), has a royalty free usage license and the original image has in no-way simply been used as my submission.

I did use the outline of the parchment edge and a very plain map as the framework for background in my submission. I experimented with drawing different things around the continents as a skeletal structure and chose the outline of a T-rex as my favorite. On top of that, I added colors, shading and other details, as well as lines of perspective for my actual submission.

The final image only resembles the stock image (which has an open license) in the outline of parchment only - none of the design is found anywhere else. Even if the outline had been from copyrighted material, which it wasn't, the final image and its intent hardly reflects the original and would easily qualify under the Fair Use Doctrine in US copyright law.

lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
ncheremnykh wrote:I think the implication is that I in some way inserted someone else's work in my submission, which isn't true. The image I used is from stock.xchng (http://www.sxc.hu/photo/653075), has a royalty free usage license and the original image has in no-way simply been used as my submission.

I did use the outline of the parchment edge and a very plain map as the framework for background in my submission. I experimented with drawing different things around the continents as a skeletal structure and chose the outline of a T-rex as my favorite. On top of that, I added colors, shading and other details, as well as lines of perspective for my actual submission.

The final image only resembles the stock image (which has an open license) in the outline of parchment only - none of the design is found anywhere else. Even if the outline had been from copyrighted material, which it wasn't, the final image and its intent hardly reflects the original and would easily qualify under the Fair Use Doctrine in US copyright law.

Sorry, cool idea, but it's simple, no photos allowed, and I reckon the outline will qualify as such here.
But who knows, resubmit under another name and you might get away with it...

lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
ramyb wrote:These two designs are entirely different in concept- Diana's shirt is an evil firefox destroying the world- the only similarity is the reference to firefox itself, and I'm not sure why that alone would be a reason for rejection.

Better call Saul!

(Nom nom nom!)

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Milk Milk Lemonade...

I had to get this out of my system...

Lerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lerasi

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA For what it's worth, I'd totally and completely buy this for my husband. In for 1!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
ramyb wrote:These two designs are entirely different in concept- Diana's shirt is an evil firefox destroying the world- the only similarity is the reference to firefox itself, and I'm not sure why that alone would be a reason for rejection.

LOL, I have to say that I don't have a problem with this shirt as the artist of the first shirt. It seems like a different take and execution than my "Unexpected Error" shirt. Similar jokes in some ways, but that happens all the time.

Not sure how woot will take it, they can be really odd with the "similar shirt exists" rejection.

Also, damn that fox is cute. =D

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Lerasi wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA For what it's worth, I'd totally and completely buy this for my husband. In for 1!

That's appropriate. This was actually inspired by my wife who taught me this catchy ditty. I didn't grow up with this particular gem...

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Thanks, guys. I don't think the concept was strong enough though. That'll teach me to give mountains blingin' teeth.

Lerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lerasi
unsweetener wrote:Yeah, the girlfriends thing loses it for me, as a girl. Relationships would have too, though. Very cute otherwise!

I want this so bad, first shirt I'd ever buy one for me and the hubby. not to wear together, because that would be Stale Candy. but I'd want one and he could have one too!

artistofapathy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artistofapathy
Re: Real Life Mini Map

This is my first Woot, sorry I didn't scale down the proportions down correctly so it doesn't look as good as it does naturally, but I hope you enjoy the concept.

stargazerlily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargazerlily

My fiance and his family are from Ukraine, we are thinking of having the wedding in Poltava, therefore, I need this like I need oxygen! Seriously, if it prints, everyone's getting one!!!

qpalmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qpalmer
Re: The Trouble with Uncharted Galaxies

OH MY GOD CALVIN AND HOBBES. GMV

bgh5469

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgh5469

I love it! i so hope it prints!!

tobefonseca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tobefonseca
coffeybean wrote:very clever and simple. well done.

Thx man! :{D

tobefonseca

amaliac wrote:Would have preferred a lighter colour for the actual line, but a cute concept never the less! :D

Thx so much amaliac!

bjmantis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmantis

I agree... kind of hard to see with this color combination, but I love the idea!

tobefonseca

omarfeliciano wrote:This in the Fog proves that any anything well done can win.

Nice to hear it from you! I never won any Derby, maybe Mapz Redux gonna be my first! #dreaming

tobefonseca

alexxr87 wrote:Wow, I need this shirt! Amazing. Best of luck!

Thx man! :]

tobefonseca

sodalite wrote:aww, makes me sad. happiness always seems so far away, and i get lost so often

Me too, but as the title says "Hard, but not impossible" :]

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

"No maps of fictional worlds you didn't create. Yes, make up your own continent. No, don't give us a map of Narnia or Oz or whatever."
To me this means, the design can be set anywhere you want as long as the map depicted is not of a fictional place. Even if this were in Narnia, or Oz, or whatever, it should still be okay because the MAP shown is of the United States, as it actually exists.

I love this website! ^^

tobefonseca

tbonegddss wrote:I love this shirt and would definitely buy one! I have been stuck in the crazy blob in the middle for the last 6 years! The awesomeness of simplicity!

I like that the line is black. It refers to the dark void of unhappiness one experiences before they find their way out. It might have been neat if the line started out dark and got lighter or a "happier" color as it got closer to the end.

Its a great idea, maybe next time I'll use it (if you don't mind) this idea came so ''automatic'' that I just did it. Thanks tbonegddss!

tobefonseca

bjmantis wrote:I agree... kind of hard to see with this color combination, but I love the idea!

Thank you! :]

sgrimes87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgrimes87

"Girlfriends" could be taken a couple of ways. The obvious, geeky boys being unable to find or maintain a girl in a relationship. The OTHER though, is geeky girls trying to figure out how to be girlfriends (really, just trying to fit in at all because we are just as terrible in that department as the guys are).

I think some people are taking the shirt entirely too seriously. It is great and, as a girl, I would wear it. GMV and hopefully it gets back up in the fog!