unsweetener

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unsweetener
sgrimes87 wrote:"Girlfriends" could be taken a couple of ways. The obvious, geeky boys being unable to find or maintain a girl in a relationship. The OTHER though, is geeky girls trying to figure out how to be girlfriends (really, just trying to fit in at all because we are just as terrible in that department as the guys are).

I think some people are taking the shirt entirely too seriously. It is great and, as a girl, I would wear it. GMV and hopefully it gets back up in the fog!

But the geeks I know are really socially okay! It's like totally mainstream, you guys!

wipis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wipis
Re: Juice Spill

I'd like to see something similar but with maybe a wine bottle in the design. A map of Italy with a wine bottle spill. Or a map of Japan made from Ramen stains.

vraith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vraith
tbonegddss wrote:I don't get it. Your god is looking at a subway map or a map of a mall? Is he wearing a fur coat? Is he standing outside of the mall (or subway or whatever) and the other red dots are people?

God is supposed to be omnipresent, so the "you are here" dots are everywhere on the map.

schroddie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schroddie

I like the design but it looks like you copied and pasted it on the tee-shirt. The blue from the square on the tee-shirt and the tee-shirt itself are not the same blues :-/

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Ishmarie wrote:I'm tired of people that bash each other via the internet. Just because you're "hidden" by a monitor screen, you think you can say whatever you want. Would you do that in the real world? -No.
Why? -Because people like you are little cowards that are too afraid to speak their mind in real life. If you're not going to say it to someone's face, don't say it at all. Rather than piss the entire planet off, just don't vote for someone's art.

No worries then. I'd definitely say it to his, or anyone else's for that matter, face I just don't go to anime conventions. You can sleep easy now. Anyone with any concerns is more than welcome to pm me and maybe we can work something out that is of course unless you're relying on the anonymity of the internet. I'd never say anything I wouldn't say to the artists' face.

tcshadow2005

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcshadow2005
Re: Global Warming

I LOVE it!!!! Another great Ramyb design! i think half of the woot shirts i own are from you alone!!!!! Keep up the great work

tobefonseca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tobefonseca
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57491]

Awesome design, concept and illustration. GMV!

gracychelse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gracychelse
Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

I would have voted. Great idea, good design… BUT
So Girl geeks don't exist? I refer to the” Girlfriends” tab. I only ask because either I don't exist, or I'm Caramel Apples - YUM!. Either way I should start my existential crisis about now. I’m not normally picky, but seriously. You could have put “love” or “romance” and avoided this issue. Not voting.

jen29h

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jen29h
wipis wrote:I'd like to see something similar but with maybe a wine bottle in the design. A map of Italy with a wine bottle spill. Or a map of Japan made from Ramen stains.

That is a good idea! I definitely like the concept...but I feel it needs a little more context.

Garry87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Garry87
Re: There's an App for that...

Take that COMPASS !

thumperchick

quality posts: 207 Private Messages thumperchick
DianaSprinkle wrote:LOL, I have to say that I don't have a problem with this shirt as the artist of the first shirt. It seems like a different take and execution than my "Unexpected Error" shirt. Similar jokes in some ways, but that happens all the time.

Not sure how woot will take it, they can be really odd with the "similar shirt exists" rejection.

Also, damn that fox is cute. =D

You rock.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

Dorothy was never in Oz anyway, since she dreamed the whole thing.

move along

artistofapathy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artistofapathy
Re: Not all maps have happy endings

This is my second submission to my first Derby. I think I got a hang of the submitting dimensions

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: Darn Teenagers

I decided to drop my detective from the "Map Noir" design into a completely different scenario. Also, my wife insisted on getting a little turtle power in this derby

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
ncheremnykh wrote:I think the implication is that I in some way inserted someone else's work in my submission, which isn't true. The image I used is from stock.xchng (http://www.sxc.hu/photo/653075), has a royalty free usage license and the original image has in no-way simply been used as my submission.

I did use the outline of the parchment edge and a very plain map as the framework for background in my submission. I experimented with drawing different things around the continents as a skeletal structure and chose the outline of a T-rex as my favorite. On top of that, I added colors, shading and other details, as well as lines of perspective for my actual submission.

The final image only resembles the stock image (which has an open license) in the outline of parchment only - none of the design is found anywhere else. Even if the outline had been from copyrighted material, which it wasn't, the final image and its intent hardly reflects the original and would easily qualify under the Fair Use Doctrine in US copyright law.

Even if we ignore the "no photos" rule that is a woot standard, did you get permission from the photographer to use the image? The terms/conditions on that site specifically state:

Always ask permission from the photographer if you want to use the Image

* In website templates that You intend to sell or distribute.
* For creating printed reproductions that You intend to sell.
* On "print on demand" items such as t-shirts, postcards, mouse pads, mugs (e.g. on sites like Cafepress), or on any similar mass produced item that would contain the Image in a dominant way.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: What, no map?

I think he should be more concerned about the lack of cheese in the maze.

Unless there is cheese...

justplainme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justplainme

I've been looking for a shirt for my mom, and this is perfect! She loves Wizard of Oz. I really hope this wins.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Hard, but not impossible

I don't think i would look good in this...

and weird guys might stare at it for too long

emperordano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emperordano

I really want this shirt

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: Darn Teenagers

I decided to drop my detective from "Map Noir" into this new scenario. Also my wife insisted on there being a little turtle power in this derby

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
Re: One Man Island

The Coordinates are for Bishop Rock,Isles of Scilly, which is documented as the World's smallest island. Hence the title "One Man Island."

asher0716

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asher0716
Re: Cheese Marks The Spot

Wow, this mouse has it all! A peg leg, a hook hand, a patched eye...

Either this map hasn't worked out well for him, or this is why he finally made a map! ;)

happywater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happywater
Re: Alien Sky

This is such a great design, I don't know why it doesn't have more votes, but maybe Ken Jennings will choose it!

csl312

quality posts: 4 Private Messages csl312
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57491]

If the actions were labelled more accurately at places in the brain where they would be processed, I would be all over this. Usually I am not picky about details like that, but in this case it bothers me.

I should note, that I am involved with brain research.

jrhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhunter

I like the idea.. It is the only one like it in the derby.

lonelypond

quality posts: 375 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: The Road to My Heart is Paved with Ugly Cats

so very yes

New Blink Kitty Love comics

giffenaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giffenaw
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

Love it!

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
Re: Can you see me now? - 2

In case of there is any problem with my previous submission I decided to post a second version. It is my initial design without the parchment outline. It looks like I have to learn all the Woot rules the hard way… Please revote if you like it!

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson
mrwednesday wrote:I know that logic can be tough to follow because of having to think and all that, but that's exactly why the rule does apply. Not Kansas = Oz. Oz is not ramys 's creation. Not Kansas doesn't exist on a real map. This is a map of Oz however indirectly you want to believe it is. So no it is clearly exactly what the rule forbids and why it was rejected the first time and should be rejected again.

I think your equation isn't correct. Not Kansas != Oz. Not Kansas = Not Kansas. I am not in Kansas, nor am I in Oz.
And maybe I looked at this wrong, but I don't think the map is saying that Not Kansas is a place that exists and that is where she is. I think it's just pointing out that wherever she is, it isn't in Kansas.

For people who don't know, != means 'does not equal.'

jrhunter

I agree that the speech bubble is useless. And you know Waldo is lost because the map is upside down.

ncheremnykh

Re: Can you see me now?

Can you see me now? -Version 2

In case of there is any problem with my previous submission I decided to post a second version. It is my initial design without the parchment outline. It looks like I have to learn all the Woot rules the hard way… Please revote if you like it!

ncheremnykh

Re: Can you see me now?

Can you see me now? -Version 2

jrhunter

I love this one. The concept is great.. The hamster's tail is a little strange though. I think they have fuzzy tails, not naked ones like mice. It looks half mouse half hamster. I would definitely buy one.

jrhunter

This is the most inventive one I have seen. I want to know what inspired you, or how you figured out that the continents make a dinosaur.

jrhunter

This is one of my favorites that you have done. Not only is it cute, but it is also humorous. I would have never thought to connect mozilla firefox and global warming. Very creative.

jrhunter

I love the colors in this one. I am sad that it isn't in the fog. It has my vote.

jrhunter

I always love the look of a night sky. It's a gorgeous design. I would like to see it win so that I can buy one.

jrhunter

I feel dumb.. I just don't get the reference..

Askiopop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Askiopop

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
Re: The Treasure Hunter

My favorite design so far.