jrhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhunter

I hope people like the design. This is my first design and I am very open to suggestions and advice. =)

nicebleed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicebleed
tonythai1981 wrote:My favorite design so far.

Glad you like it! Thanks!

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Cali Grown

I like the design, but not necessary for this competition.

It'd be cool if each state were available. I live in PA-- I'd love a shirt design like this for my home state.

If that makes sense, and I mean no offense.

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
smithsonia wrote:I like the design, but not necessary for this competition.

It'd be cool if each state were available. I live in PA-- I'd love a shirt design like this for my home state.

If that makes sense, and I mean no offense.

"necessarily" UGH.

FTFM.

airjordants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airjordants

I really hope your first design stays safe. This one looks alright, but it's unlikely it will get enough votes in time to win. The first just looks awesome as well.

jrhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhunter

haha.. I like the idea because I can really relate.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

Noooooooooo! Ukraine must once again rise to the fog of war and prove it's strength!

That and being a completionist I need all the the Walmazan and Kevlar board game mash-ups that they do.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
jrhunter wrote:I feel dumb.. I just don't get the reference..

Scroll up to Spiritgreen's post for the clip.

Thanks everyone for your support!!!

bigedna

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bigedna
Re: The Realm of Every Game

This is just so awesome. Thank you for your creation of ultimate win.

bstan517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bstan517
Re: Fragile Map

I love designs that incorporate negative space effectively, and you have done it.

neithersparky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neithersparky
Re: recalculating...

My favorite part is Speed: 80mph

In for one!

rahbi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rahbi

Nice design. Great use of bright colors and I always like a turtle design.

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
Re: The Treasure Hunter

Wow, that water looks real. Spooky!

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

Ring, ring, ring... what's that I hear? Oh, just Ramyb phoning it in. Come on dude I've seen you do way better than this.

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

mistursinistur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistursinistur
unionboggle wrote:let's poll: I'll resub without the text if others agree with fickca.

agree

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: DO NOT Mess with North Dakota

With the fun fact it is awesome, minus that it's almost impossible to understand. If we can have it with the additional text I'd buy it.

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Can you see me now? - 2

framing of the parchment really made it; I would have left some kind of map shaped border myself. Nice fossil though ; )

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
Re: Searching for Dragons

They haven't failed to find the dragon, they just need to look up.

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc

Wear your heart on your sleev...chest!

rubydoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rubydoob

The quibble about the sail or the windows- this is art, not a photo. You would tell Pablo that his eyes aren't lined up! It's called artist license to change things. This is absolutely beautiful and will buy the second it prints.

prt19657

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prt19657
Re: Hard, but not impossible

Love the design but not sure if I could wear this. I wonder that the word "happiness" would point at my tummy or something else. If you know what I mean....XD

bigaislestyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigaislestyle
Re: Here Be Dragons v2

I like this version better, Critical Hit!

bigaislestyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigaislestyle
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

watch out for the stronghold around greenland, gmv

rowanmikaio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanmikaio
mrwednesday wrote:You've been a repeated beneficiary of stated rules not enforced. It's rather unbecoming to whine in the rare cases things happen to not go your way.

This is horrible logic. This is like saying that because you've gotten off when you were speeding before, it's okay if you're arrested "for going 40 in a 25 mph zone", even though the signs say the speed limit is 40.

It's NOT the same thing at all to decide stated rules don't apply than to decide that UNSTATED rules DO apply.

Because, I'm sorry, I don't want to get arrested for something that's not illegal (to use an extreme example).

wubupon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
type40geekwithsam wrote:Are you sure its GPS system and not an ATMOS car?
Hehehe...Its not exactly a joke, but new Dr. Who Fans should get what I mean...

If only there were a like button for your comment sir.

or ma'am

rowanmikaio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanmikaio
Re: Here Be Dragons v2

I'd normally prefer a cream shirt, but since you kept the die color the same, the cream die looks much better on blue. It looked kind of monotone when it was cream-on-cream.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

Off topic? It's a map in a maps derby. I'm a little more than slightly confused. I wonder what the record is for most rejections in a single derby. I hope you all can at least enjoy my last remaining entry.

ramyb

Re: Global Warming

Sigh...I guess the original artist stating it is a different concept just wasn't enough :P Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

wubupon

Re: Global Warming

Ok I promise that this is not an intentional bashing of Ramy ... does anyone else think that this looks like the fox is giving the world a massive cold sore?

koenigkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koenigkat
Re: Of Tree I Sing

I'd buy two of these if they got printed anywhere, one for me and one for my botanist sister.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
ramyb wrote:Sigh...I guess the original artist stating it is a different concept just wasn't enough :P Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

There was a whole string of rejections for anything Schrodinger's Cat awhile back as well. And a lot of them were really different from my shirt. It's weird because sometimes woot let's similar shirts go through just fine but sometimes not.

I think you did a real good job on drawing the fox for this. I also liked the one you put up in the Mexico derby. You should try and do another fox design at some point. =D

ramyb

DianaSprinkle wrote:I think you did a real good job on drawing the fox for this. I also liked the one you put up in the Mexico derby. You should try and do another fox design at some point. =D

Thanks :P I only wish the rejectionator were so fond of them, they seem to be a little unlucky for me. I did really enjoy designing this one though so I certainly will consider foxes in the future

wubupon

Re: GPS Fail

I am going to make an attempt to do some kind of constructive criticism. I am no artist...in fact my motor skills are that of a kindergartener, so I will start off by stating that I could do no better than this. I am speaking merely as a consumer. Pros: Familiar joke, cute gps floating in the water
Cons: Too much blue, Familiar joke, something about the font bothers me (someone else should explain why it's bothering me...I have no clue what exactly it is that bothers me about it.)

In case you didn't notice, I placed familiar joke as both a pro and a con. While using a popular joke does make it more accessible to the public, it causes me to personally feel bored with it. This is just a general statement about all jokes. It's the reason why comedians are scoffed at for doing airplane humor (regardless of how funny the joke is). Coming up with an original, witty, concept is much harder than recycling a reliable one. I would like to see you leave the comedic safe zone you have created for yourself. Other artists have introduced ideas like the Delorian crashing into the Tardis or cookie monster getting wasted from a milk and cookie binge. I find that these original and witty jokes make me literally lol. I do get a chuckle from your humor, but it's not enough to compel me to actually want to vote or buy one.

I am by no means hating on you or your shirts.
I have bought one of your shirts even. Your 8bit coffee one... Not because it was particularly appealing to me personally, but I knew someone who would find it VERY relevant.

tentimeskarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tentimeskarma
Re: Hard, but not impossible

I simply love this. what a brilliant design and it's very wearable. One of my favorites in the derby

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Heisenburgia

Heisenberg. at least it's right on the shirt.

tsarevna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsarevna
Re: Map to success

Sad this was rejected. I'm a woman and I thought it was a clever instruction manual that men should be reminded of constantly - I was planning to buy one for myself and my husband if it printed. Seemed more to me to be an amusingly useful map than an insult or degradation.

jimfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimfox
Re: Milk Milk Lemonade...

gold, I'd buy that.

tsarevna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsarevna
ramyb wrote:Off topic? It's a map in a maps derby. I'm a little more than slightly confused. I wonder what the record is for most rejections in a single derby. I hope you all can at least enjoy my last remaining entry.

Both the previous rejection and this remake's rejection are completely bogus. The last was not in a fictional world, it was a MAP of the United States (showing the map-observer located in a real US State), and this most recent is clearly on topic, as it portrays a MAP of a real place with some humorous commentary and context that makes a joke. How is this more off topic than any of the other maps with parodied characters providing humorous context? (Where Am I, I'm the Map, Cheese Marks the Spot, Left At Albuquerque, Wonderful World Of..., Lewis & Clark Go to White Castle, to name just a few.) I do not see how this is any different. It met all of the rules and even can be seen as a perfect illustration of two suggested ways to run with the theme: "Maybe it's a depiction of map-reading gone wrong, or someone upset at where their map has led them." I would have been in for at least two...

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: 70% Water

"Thumbnail doesn't match shirt"? There's a Taco Processing Factory right below the heart, in Stomachia!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
DianaSprinkle wrote:I think you did a real good job on drawing the fox for this. I also liked the one you put up in the Mexico derby. You should try and do another fox design at some point. =D

I actually did not see that one before, thank you for pointing it out.

I actually like the design on that fox a bit more than the one here, though I understand that this one was stretched a little for the Firefox reference.

I do feel like Ramy is putting a bit more effort in with some of his recent designs. That Mexico shirt had a lot of polish and reminded me some of the standard dog show posing, which works for it. The tail is also nicely done there. And both shirts have a very nice red-orange set of colors for the fox.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -