gwendy13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwendy13
cdrewlow wrote:Very nice. I had a similar idea of Bugs in front of sign that said "Welcome to Albuqurque. Turn left here." but I like yours much better.

Awesome!

frugglez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frugglez
jrhunter wrote:I hope people like the design. This is my first design and I am very open to suggestions and advice. =)

I don't know if you have any knowledge of Terry Pratchett, but whenever I hear of the turtle with the world on its back (originally a hindu legend iirc), I can't help but think of Terry Pratchett, so I hope this gets top 3 just for that :P I will buy one xD

And I'll just leave this here...hope I don't get in trouble for it xD

"See... Great A'Tuin the turtle comes, swimming slowly through the interstellar gulf, hydrogen frost on his ponderous limbs, his huge and ancient shell pocked with meteor craters. Through sea-sized eyes that are crusted with rheum and asteroid dust He stares fixedly at the Destination.

In a brain bigger than a city, with geological slowness, He thinks only of the Weight.

Most of the weight is of course accounted for by Berilia, Tubul, Great T'Phon and Jerakeen, the four giant elephants upon whose broad and star-tanned shoulders the disc of the World rests, garlanded by the long waterfall at its vast circumference and domed by the baby-blue vault of Heaven.

Astropsychology has been, as yet, unable to establish what they think about..." Terry Pratchett, The Colour Of Magic (London: Corgi, 1985), p.7

frugglez

Re: Hard, but not impossible

aside from the fact that 50% of my shirt.woot shirts are BLUE, I love the design...

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE USE ORANGE? OR YELLOW? OR RED? Grey. Black. Blue. That's my shirts. With one or two greens thrown in.

GL, voted for it, clever design.

frugglez

BootsBoots wrote:I really drew it with a sharpie.

THIS IS AMAZING. THIS IS MY #1 PICK FOR THIS DERBY, good [insert deity here] man! If this doesn't win, I will forever never buy a woot product again (I may or may not be lying.)

<3 GL

sashimichan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sashimichan
Re: Wonderful World of...

I <3 the Pikachu booth.

frugglez

minxling wrote:Best I can do:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minxling/6248097414/in/photostream

It should read "Heisenberg's cat is..."

Since the mathematics of the statement would then mean heisenberg's cat is not as good. Currently it's backwards Oo

clever idea anyways, dunno how many people will understand/like it, and the fonts need some work.

arright, my posting in this derby- DONE. GL to the rest of ye!!!

Akazak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Akazak

You keep saying you only copied the "parchment outline", but the shading and textures and everything else (except for the red lines) matches up with the original image. It looks like you just reduced the colors to four, then changed each shade to a new color. I think Woot expected people to create their own maps, not use images they found online. If you thought it was okay, then you should have linked it yourself in the first place. If Woot is okay with printing it, I'm pretty sure that they like to at least know about it right away so they can verify the rights and such.

julejules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julejules
tsarevna wrote:Both the previous rejection and this remake's rejection are completely bogus. The last was not in a fictional world, it was a MAP of the United States (showing the map-observer located in a real US State), and this most recent is clearly on topic, as it portrays a MAP of a real place with some humorous commentary and context that makes a joke. How is this more off topic than any of the other maps with parodied characters providing humorous context? (Where Am I, I'm the Map, Cheese Marks the Spot, Left At Albuquerque, Wonderful World Of..., Lewis & Clark Go to White Castle, to name just a few.) I do not see how this is any different. It met all of the rules and even can be seen as a perfect illustration of two suggested ways to run with the theme: "Maybe it's a depiction of map-reading gone wrong, or someone upset at where their map has led them." I would have been in for at least two...

Maybe the person who rejected it in the first place was embarrassed for thinking the US was a fictional place and they rejected this one out of spite. I'd feel pretty dumb if I didn't know the US was a real place.

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
Re: Top O'Graphic

Thanks for your votes and your kind words!

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
lonelypond wrote:framing of the parchment really made it; I would have left some kind of map shaped border myself. Nice fossil though ; )

Clever idea!

barboy2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barboy2112
Re: Global Thermonuclear War

Joshua: Shall we play a game?
David Lightman: Oh!
Jennifer: [giggles] I think it missed him.
David Lightman: Yeah. Weird isn't it?
Jennifer: Yeah.
David Lightman: [typing] Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?
Joshua: Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?
[Jennifer laughs]
David Lightman: [typing] Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War.
Joshua: Fine.

gliberatore1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gliberatore1
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

Just the number of comments alone should be enough to prove that this submission should not have been rejected outright.

bdaniel5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdaniel5
jrhunter wrote:I hope people like the design. This is my first design and I am very open to suggestions and advice. =)

I love it. Partially because I sing in the Turtle Creek Chorale and I'd love to have one!

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide
Re: Pirates of the QRibbean

QR code turned pirate map. I don't have a smartphone myself but I ran this through an online decoder and it was able to parse the data.

Here is a larger view to try out:

fongandrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fongandrew

The trees are a bit hard to see.

fongandrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fongandrew
fongandrew wrote:The trees are a bit hard to see.

Gah, Woot somehow mixed up my comment from a different thread. Disregard above.

Anyhow, also agree that text should be removed.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: How to close a map

I like your style. A lot.

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick

This rejection is utterly ridiculous. Off topic? Really?

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
JapChrissy wrote:I think the word girlfriend should be replaced with Marriage? That way girls could wear it too =)

Because every geeky/gamer girl is hetero? I know a lot of girl geeks who have pondered the girlfriend question as much, if not more, than guys. The only thing that would make it better imo is if after girlfriend, it had femme bot.

I hope this shirt wins, because I want 5 of them.

JDSardone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JDSardone
Re: Hard, but not impossible

At least there is only one Exit/outcome.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
bottlehed wrote:"Thumbnail doesn't match shirt"? There's a Taco Processing Factory right below the heart, in Stomachia!

I agree, the thumbnail is literally a cropped version of the full version.

How do I contest this?

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick
Re: failing at succeeding

In the sentence "We just got here, and your leaving?"
..."your" should be "you're"

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan

Well that's just hilarious. Here we are arguing back and forth about the maps rule because this clearly has a map... and then for some completely of the argument reason this gets rejected...

elankat

It's a male silhouette and "sex" occupies only a tiny portion. My willing suspension of disbelief will only go so far. ;)

Joking aside, it's a nice design.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Re: A Golden Smile

thanks for your comment :D I like this illustration! it's cute

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
Re: IM THE MAP

Can someone explain to me how this one gets by the copyright rule? Why was the other Link shirt rejected and not this one?

Tessai217

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tessai217
jrhunter wrote:I love this one. The concept is great.. The hamster's tail is a little strange though. I think they have fuzzy tails, not naked ones like mice. It looks half mouse half hamster. I would definitely buy one.

Hamsters have naked tails, though the longer-haired varietys sometimes have hair that covers the tail but doesn't grow from it.

sexylittlerobot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sexylittlerobot

Creative idea!

elankat

mrwednesday wrote:I know that logic can be tough to follow because of having to think and all that, but that's exactly why the rule does apply. Not Kansas = Oz. Oz is not ramys 's creation. Not Kansas doesn't exist on a real map. This is a map of Oz however indirectly you want to believe it is. So no it is clearly exactly what the rule forbids and why it was rejected the first time and should be rejected again.

If you lived in Kansas City, you'd realize that "not Kansas" doesn't automatically equal Oz.

willeet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willeet

Ingenious! My Smartphone recognized it.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: IM THE MAP

It's awesome, I love it, and would probably buy it but I have to agree... why hasn't this been rejected? It seems to break rules that others were rejected for.

sexylittlerobot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sexylittlerobot
xazothia wrote:They need to make Nintendoland for real. I want to go to there. :0

Seriously! I think I'm going to look at this image before I go to bed tonight and see if I can dream about it :D

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
Re: Global Warming

SO SAD! I really wanted to buy this one. I'm a little annoyed that this one was rejected when I see some of the other clear rule-breakers skating through...what's up woot team???

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Josephus wrote:Heisenberg. at least it's right on the shirt.

I realized that after I hit "Enter", but it didn't seem like a resub-worthy error (and I came from my initial thought that I'd make it a city map of "Heisenburg", but then changed my mind).

estherpiscore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages estherpiscore

All I can do is do not buy from woot ever again, and stop telling my friends where did I get this or that awesome shirt.
And I will do it.
Probably Woot would not care. But I will still do it.
Bye bye, Woot.

jrhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhunter

I love the use of the green on the black shirt. it has great contrast.

elankat

The more I think about this, the more I wonder why this shirt was rejected while a Waldo & a Zelda shirt sit in the top votegetters.

Yes, it's an Oz reference, but it's clearly a map of the U.S. and the "not in Kansas" joke is perfectly relevant to a non-fictional U.S. map, particularly in Kansas City, where the city straddles two states.

The only conclusion I can come to is that they don't even want an Oz reference in a shirt. If that's the case, then why are Link or Waldo references okay? Or rather, SOME Link references, considering there was already a Link shirt rejected.

Then again, I'm fairly new to Woot and it seems pretty clear that there's some politics surrounding some of the shirt designers. It's a shame because I would have bought this shirt.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
citizencoyote wrote:It's awesome, I love it, and would probably buy it but I have to agree... why hasn't this been rejected? It seems to break rules that others were rejected for.

Im not sure about some of the rejections this time. I understand ramys fire fox design being too close to the shirt by diana that's already been printed, but I don't understand the oz ones being that the map in question is a map of the US.

There is a major difference between my link shirt though and spirits. He has an actual map that is either of the mushroom kingdom (a world he didn't create) or hyrule (again a map on original world). The rules didn't say no pop culture or video games, they said no maps of worlds you didn't create. The map im showing is not just a map, its a character and a play off doras map buddy. The map in dora if your familiar with it never actually unravels himself to show the way but hops around in front of another larger map, letting the viewer impose any local to him or even be blank for all we know. I added a bit of a curvy dotted line with a giant x on it to further show that this is not a Zelda map and is totally out of place in that world especially since its talking to, hence the reaction from the other character. That's my personal ideas on it and so far it looks like soot has similar thoughts. Im not going to claim to understand the rejectionator though as I've had non sensical rejections myself in the past like my first van from the v derby. Hope this helps.

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929
Re: The Map For Lost Glasses

"Everything is Blurry"

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

That's fantastic. Is this on creame, or silver? (wonky monitor, looks more like cream but I'd like silver)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.