jrhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhunter

I like the teal.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
jrhunter wrote:I've seen a few week maps, and yours is definitely one of the better.

Thanks!

aznianthorpejr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznianthorpejr
Re: Time Travel Map

This seriously looks like an easier version of Tokyo's train systems. haha

jrhunter

lol.. It's really simplistic. The only problem with the design is that most people wont know that it is supposed to be sung to one particular song. I like the use of the yellow shirt. It is fun.

kskpage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kskpage
jkmyang wrote:which movie? Why is Seattle and Vegas highlighted instead of D.C.?

This makes me sad. My kid don't get this t-shirt either. However, I do, and I will (barring copyright problems).

jrhunter

It took me a moment to understand the reference. I really like it though.

jrhunter

lol.. that is punny.

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: Map Dolls

I just got to thinking with all the GPS aps and devices... here's something to do with folding maps.

I admit, it's a bit Kumbayah... I'll dial up the snark next derby

theseize

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theseize
mrwednesday wrote:I completely agree and I'm honestly surprised this is still here. I only left a cursory comment earlier because in light of the other rejections as well as the ones this morning, this is a clear rejection. I don't see any way this could get around the reasoning for the others.

Also currently in the fog is Waldo (of Where's Waldo) holding a map. Does that one also fall into the same bucket? But, then again, Waldo generally romps around the USA and other real places in the world, so maybe that doesn't count. However, there's the Wizard of Oz shirt with a map of the USA and Kansas which was rejected (The USA and Kansas is a fictional world!). Wow, I don't envy the rejectionator's job this derby or the artists (who I imagine thought they were interpreting the rules correctly). This is a bit confusing. They probably should have just stuck 'no pop culture' into the list of rules to avoid this mess (but that's hindsight for ya).

artistofapathy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artistofapathy
jrhunter wrote:The dragon shadow looks like a different art style than link. Link is drawn very well though with good detail.

Hmm, I wasn't thinking Link when I was making the Rogue, but I do see the similarities lol. I do much more digital art, which isn't very t-shirt friendly, so the Dragon head was a weak attempt at halftones. I also had a problem coloring the rogue because of this, so I just used solid colors for shading. I really have no expectations in winning, but I would like to continue to join the Derby in hopes of gaining experience in halftone t-shirt design. Thanks for the friendly comment!

omarfeliciano

Re: Wonderful World of...

This is great, a lot of details. I really like the DK Country area! I love that game.

monkeybusiness4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeybusiness4

Every time Gramdpa meets up with his grandkids, he's always telling stories of his glory days. That map makes a great picture book of his triumphs for the kiddies.

Hope you enjoy it!

omarfeliciano

Re: A Golden Smile

This is very cute

monkeybusiness4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeybusiness4

Every time Gramdpa meets up with his grandkids, he's always telling stories of his glory days. That map makes a great picture book of his triumphs for the kiddies.

Hope you enjoy it!

pure5152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pure5152
ramyb wrote:Sigh...I guess the original artist stating it is a different concept just wasn't enough :P Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I find this extremely hilarious XD
ah well, drats. was really looking forward to getting this design

omarfeliciano

kirbz1692

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirbz1692
Re: Tales with Grandpa

Haha I really like this one, the grandkids look so excited

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
theseize wrote:Also currently in the fog is Waldo (of Where's Waldo) holding a map. Does that one also fall into the same bucket? But, then again, Waldo generally romps around the USA and other real places in the world, so maybe that doesn't count. However, there's the Wizard of Oz shirt with a map of the USA and Kansas which was rejected (The USA and Kansas is a fictional world!). Wow, I don't envy the rejectionator's job this derby or the artists (who I imagine thought they were interpreting the rules correctly). This is a bit confusing. They probably should have just stuck 'no pop culture' into the list of rules to avoid this mess (but that's hindsight for ya).

It does. I tattled on that one at the same time as this one and all the rest. Honestly I hadn't noticed it creep up into the fog, but now I see it's still there.

omarfeliciano

Re: Milk Milk Lemonade...

LOL'ed so hard!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
elankat wrote:Because every geeky/gamer girl is hetero? I know a lot of girl geeks who have pondered the girlfriend question as much, if not more, than guys. The only thing that would make it better imo is if after girlfriend, it had femme bot.

I hope this shirt wins, because I want 5 of them.

Thanks for the support and I like the femme bot suggestion.

omarfeliciano

Re: Milk Milk Lemonade...

BTW, I love the color choice!

CapnLuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CapnLuke
jrhunter wrote:good detail on the man, but it seems like this shirt appeals to a very small demographic in this derby.

It's clearly not cutesy enough.

nscianci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nscianci
thumperchick wrote:In the sentence "We just got here, and your leaving?"
..."your" should be "you're"

haha woops! its my first design i ever made... showed it to a bunch of people no one noticed that haha

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: Left at Albuquerque

Doesn't make sense- this should have at least twice as many votes.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
kskpage wrote:This makes me sad. My kid don't get this t-shirt either. However, I do, and I will (barring copyright problems).

you need to buy the movie.

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe
Re: The Geography of 80s Rock ... v2.0

Dolemite wrote:Here's the larger version of the entire image:

Click here to embiggen!

My thanks to everyone for their input. I hope you like the changes!

Love the changes, would totally (note appropriate 80s terminology) buy this.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

llamassassin wrote:Nooo! Why is this no longer in the fog? People need to vote for it! This is one of the few from this derby I'd actually buy.

Aww, thanks

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: GPS Fail

It looks to me as if the car went into the water from the left. So why is the driver swimming away to the right, to the far shore?

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

Who said this is Dorthy and what in this version indicates the girl is in OZ? Every girl in a plaid dress is Dorthy? Sorry but this rejection is totally arbitrary.

micisaninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micisaninja
Re: Hard, but not impossible

The more I see this shirt the more I like it. The simplicity is great. Hoping this prints!

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
brockart wrote:Super cool! I love the multi-use function.

Thanks! :-)

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens
Re: Where Am I

I don't know who's doing the rejecting this week but to take out two of the best for no real reason is a bit much.

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
Re: Treacherous Trail

Oregon Trail! I love it.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
goodlifegardens wrote:I don't know who's doing the rejecting this week but to take out two of the best for no real reason is a bit much.

Agreed. They really should have done a "no pop culture" rule this week. Waldo doesn't even live in a fictional world.

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
marzipanapple wrote:I like your style. A lot.

It's funny because it's true! Great Design.

curli76

estherpiscore wrote:All I can do is do not buy from woot ever again, and stop telling my friends where did I get this or that awesome shirt.
And I will do it.
Probably Woot would not care. But I will still do it.
Bye bye, Woot.

Really? For a couple of rulings that don't make sense and/or you don't agree with?

Your loss.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
jjkehoe wrote:Love the changes, would totally (note appropriate 80s terminology) buy this.

To continue with the appropriate 80s terminology: Like, OH. MY. GAWD, this is SO RAD!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

If I ever thought woot had some sort of weird bias toward ramy, this whole debacle certainly Monster A-Go Go (1965) that notion. Someone behind the wheel of the Rejectionator had a bone to pick with him this week, rendering the whole "in Oz" argument moot with a totally arbitrary rejection reason.

curli76

goodlifegardens wrote:Who said this is Dorthy and what in this version indicates the girl is in OZ? Every girl in a plaid dress is Dorthy? Sorry but this rejection is totally arbitrary.

I agree this rejection is ridiculous, but c'mon. It's Dorothy.

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
Re: Celestial Map

Oh, and here is a somewhat big version - http://www.flickr.com/photos/63070260@N08/6255013925/sizes/l/in/photostream/