ridicumeticulous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ridicumeticulous

I like this version much better too - you've got my vote!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Can you see me now? - 2

Wow, the fog got a major (but expected) trim.

Both versions have their strong points. I would say the rejected one was better for having the dino an addition to the map instead of the whole map. And this one for being an easier visual read, I also like the wood-graining.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Lost in Waldo WI

Waldo, Wisconsin population 477. Hope you enjoy the design. Please vote and re-vote.

jrhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhunter
kskpage wrote:Where did your inspiration come from? I think it's lovely.

My boyfriend is a turtle fanatic. He got me a gorgeous tutle necklace that I always wear. The necklace is what gave me the idea.

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
Re: The Geography of 80s Rock ... v2.0

31,000,000-million albums? That's a bunch.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
rubydoob wrote:The quibble about the sail or the windows- this is art, not a photo. You would tell Pablo that his eyes aren't lined up! It's called artist license to change things. This is absolutely beautiful and will buy the second it prints.

WOW

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy
DianaSprinkle wrote:LOL, I have to say that I don't have a problem with this shirt as the artist of the first shirt. It seems like a different take and execution than my "Unexpected Error" shirt. Similar jokes in some ways, but that happens all the time.

Kudos for being so cool about that; not many artists would be so agreeable.

However, I think one of the reasons (not necessarily the main one) for the 'similar shirt exists' rule is to promote diverse designs. Whether intentional or not, ramy's design was a fraternal twin of yours. The 'joke' may not have been the same, but I mean come on, it was a firefox covering the Earth.

palookaboy

rowanmikaio wrote:This is horrible logic. This is like saying that because you've gotten off when you were speeding before, it's okay if you're arrested "for going 40 in a 25 mph zone", even though the signs say the speed limit is 40.

No, it's more like saying you can't complain for getting nailed going 45 in a 40 zone when you've gotten away with going 80 in a 15 zone.

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
kirbz1692 wrote:Haha I really like this one, the grandkids look so excited

Reminds me of The Squidbillies cartoon.

oscillatingelvis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oscillatingelvis
Re: Stellar Cartographer

This design is awesome. How can I get this shirt?!?

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
freakthankyou wrote:I love the purple dot in Georgia near Atlanta. I find it appropriate, despite the fact that it's more smack on top of Macon, where it's not really appropriate, but I'm very literal.

I was in Savannah there for a while... Which color is the CRAZY color? ;)

oscillatingelvis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oscillatingelvis

This design is so awesome-- I want this shirt!

battlespikes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages battlespikes
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

Any chance some one could post links or pics to the other shirts in this "trilogy"? I'm intrigued but can't seem to figure out how to find them... Thanks!

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Runaway Treasure

I hope you enjoy the design. Please Vote.

palookaboy

flamestamp13 wrote:As the "artist" (or as I like to say, the guy who randomly poked at Illustrator until something happened) who did this last time, I have no issue with ramyb doing the same joke. Sure, it's kind of obvious, but that didn't stop me, and I don't consider this one to be "stealing" my joke.

And to the people who say the image doesn't need the text, if it wasn't there, it wouldn't be a map joke, it would be a bad driver joke.

I'll say the same thing I said to DianaSprinkle in the Global Warming thread: very cool that you don't mind a previously used designed being re-used. But, while he did it intentionally or not, the 'similar shirts exist' rule exists for a reason. This seems to be violating that rule.

mitchelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchelly
Re: a leaf is just a map of an entire forest

The design is great, but i think it could do without the text

blanked

tjost wrote:Again though as you just pointed out its not exactly the map from dora. Not only does it not look the same, mine is actually unraveld a bit ( which the dora map does not do) to show its not that map nor a zelda map. In the end its up to woot though.

My reasoning on this is woot wanted pop-culture in moderation, one element is fine But like Spiritgreen's Link your Link is paired with another pop-culture reference. There is nothing solely yours in the design. That is why using the Map character from Dora doesn't fly here while it does in the Patcha the explorer design.

Wait, Patcha is just a made up name, right? I haven't read the right kind of books to know.

Edit: Well, pop-culture in moderation may not be the perfect way to explain it either, since someone created a Nintendoland and had like 20 different pop-culture references in it. But that theme park was his, you have the 2 references without anything else to say they are not in one of those fictional worlds. If you had put link in New York and had him turn to the equally confused Map for guidance I would guess that it would have gotten by.

nek0nck2n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nek0nck2n
Re: Signs of the Times

Great! But a little bland. Would look nicer with a little color.

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
blanked wrote:I thought real world was allowed? Also I figured you would link unexpected error.

I would say different concepts. Sadly this got rejected over crap and Ramby hate around here.

This design clearly was a play on the the firefox logo. I would of bought it but sadly got rejected. This week is not looking good for me to get one of the derby shirts.

blanked

battlespikes wrote:Any chance some one could post links or pics to the other shirts in this "trilogy"? I'm intrigued but can't seem to figure out how to find them... Thanks!

In the library with the wrench
Do Not Pass Go

Both are now out of print, try looking on teetrade.org, but they were popular designs and they don't seem to last long there.

monkeybusiness4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeybusiness4
kirbz1692 wrote:Haha I really like this one, the grandkids look so excited

Thanks for the comment! It would be some story!

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: Can you see me now? - 2

The other one was soooo much better. This one is cool too, but I wouldn't buy it, sorry. It's a shame because I was looking forward to finally spending my money here

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

blanked

Re: Top O'Graphic

I thought it wound up looking like lightning :D

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
palookaboy wrote:I'll say the same thing I said to DianaSprinkle in the Global Warming thread: very cool that you don't mind a previously used designed being re-used. But, while he did it intentionally or not, the 'similar shirts exist' rule exists for a reason. This seems to be violating that rule.

That rule only applies if the first design actually becomes a shirt. The "exists" part of the rule as it were. The first design for this one was never made into a shirt.

Also... woot is very particular about this rule, sometimes they are strict to an extreme and sometimes they let similar shirts pass on by. In last week's Halloween derby, Ramyb's bunny avoided rejection even though a slightly different version of the same idea by him was rejected for "similar shirt's existing" in a previous derby. The rejectionator is fickle.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

I bet 10 million of those were LPs.

holothuria wrote:31,000,000-million albums? That's a bunch.

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: The Road to My Heart is Paved with Ugly Cats

Riddles!
Why did the chicken cross the Road?
To show the raccoon it could be done.
GMV

sweetpea27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweetpea27
Re: Mystery City Metro Map

I really enjoy this show it is one of the only good ones!

blanked

axphw1 wrote:I agree, the thumbnail is literally a cropped version of the full version.

How do I contest this?

Don't think that is an option, just resubmitting.

Did you use the smae color as their cream shirt? That might be why the rejectionator got confused. Many new comers don't put the shirt color behind their drawing and so get this reason for rejection.

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
Re: Here Be Dragons v2

Hooray! :D

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: 70% Water

I don't see why this was rejected. The thumbnail is just a close up of a small part of the shirt. I think you should argue this point.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: Runaway Treasure

Enjoyed and voted!

fabgab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fabgab
tsarevna wrote:Sad this was rejected. I'm a woman and I thought it was a clever instruction manual that men should be reminded of constantly - I was planning to buy one for myself and my husband if it printed. Seemed more to me to be an amusingly useful map than an insult or degradation.

I'm wondering if it's really as noble as you're thinking. Seems like it could also be a "bases" thing, which would be... yeah.

justplainme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justplainme
rowanmikaio wrote:I'm kind of surprised that no one seems to have commented on the art itself. I'm normally pretty forgiving, and I've defended Ramy's decisions a few times in the past, but I have to say that the car looks pretty awkward with the way it's sticking out of the water. I mean, the rear left tire, based on this perspective, hasn't even hit the water yet. That means that over HALF of the car isn't in the water. That wouldn't happen, because the weight of the car would push the back half down until it hit the water.

And since the guy is not only outside of the car, but has managed to get a decent distance away, the car is sinking ridiculously slowly.

Sorry, but I can't vote for this one. Maybe next time, Ramy!

You're definitely overanalyzing this. Nobody is going to sit there staring at the shirt thinking, "Why hasn't the car sunk more?" They'll just see that the GPS led the person astray, laugh, and go on with life. I say thumbs up for the design!

epicfal

Re: Heart of the City

Great concept, great execution. I love it as is, but I like lyonscc's suggestion, too - I think the "You Are Here" would be a nice touch.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: A Golden Smile

Very nice. Love the colors.

epicfal

Re: Another Week Lost v2

This is great. I laughed so hard at the four coffees and a Red Bull on Monday.

Moonstaff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Moonstaff
anidi79 wrote:This is great! <3 I wish it had more votes... I'd really like to buy this.

Thanks Andi, I'm hoping to get more votes too! Getting there! Pass the word, maybe some of your friends would want it?

Thanks again for the support. This is my first Woot! Shirt... I think this could get addictive.

epicfal

Re: How to close a map

It's so true!

epicfal

Re: Weekly Station Map

Yeah, that's what it feels like, alright.

epicfal

reganrabbit wrote:I admit, it's a bit Kumbayah... I'll dial up the snark next derby

I like your adjective. It is, a little bit, but I think it's well done, and it's not sweet enough to gag on.