kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
missmelis wrote:

EDIT: Though I feel bad for the artists who got rejectionated due to a rather vague rule, I'm SO GLAD this is back in the fog!! Hopefully, it will use its position as a springboard from which to infiltrate the top 3, and then achieve total world domination!

Haha, thanks

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
jrhunter wrote:My boyfriend is a turtle fanatic. He got me a gorgeous tutle necklace that I always wear. The necklace is what gave me the idea.

My friends in Guam and San Diego would love this shirt!

estherpiscore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages estherpiscore
curli76 wrote:Really? For a couple of rulings that don't make sense and/or you don't agree with?

Your loss.

This is not about not agreeing with rules. This is an arbitrariness after THEY MADE the rules.
I don t lose my principles.
Ppl thinking like you make more difficult for other ppl to make a better world.

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens
Re: Lost in Waldo WI

I hope everyone revotes. I had this picked out for my daughter's birthday on Nov 5. It came along with perfect timing.

nights123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nights123
Re: Global Warming

Aww, it got rejected? But this was one of the only good shirts for this derby imho D:

ssjandromeda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssjandromeda
Re: GPS Fail

My GPS says I'm in the ocean half the time here in Seattle... I gave up on the thing after about 3 weeks unless I go on road trips, even then it's in case I get hopelessly lost. ^_^;

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
Re: Not Accounting For...

Okay, I just don't understand. This shirt is okay, even though it is clearly representing a map of a place made famous by the book, "Treasure Island." But a map of the US is NOT okay, because of a fictional character?

(BTW - I like this shirt overall, I just don't understand how it got a pass and the others didn't)

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

Egads, Woot. So, this shirt is somehow off topic, but this:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57501 is somehow NOT a map of a fictional place the artist DIDN'T create? It's Treasure Island...

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Lost in Waldo WI

Of the pop culture ones that have been axed, I think your previous design was probably the best. But the tiny little fix is no different than ramy's in my opinion. I don't see how this is any less rejectable.

Woot may let it pass but with how strict they've been (finally), I doubt it. And from a design level I think you've really detracted from the piece by allowing a few too many cooks into the process.

I'm aware that I'm just one more voice but the design is much too small and if it did print woot makes the women's designs much smaller as well. I also think removing the word bubble was probably a mistake. It gave the shirt some character and added to the joke. In it's absence I doubt anyone would look close enough to see the map is upside-down.

Sometimes it's good to listen to critiques, but I think in this case you should have stuck with your intuition.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Milk Milk Lemonade...

I'm really disappointed that this isn't doing better.

mystymaples

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mystymaples

Even though the concept of Schrodinger's cat still eludes me, I would buy this shirt. It would go over well with Big Bang Theory fans, I think. I attempted to explain the theory to someone today and ended up telling him to wiki it. I get the basic concept of it but not really the reasoning, I guess. I am a Penny.

Re: Schrodinger's Map

Travinapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Travinapple
Re: IM THE MAP

That is the STUPIDEST reason to reject a shirt EVER. I wanted this shirt so bad. Haha.

ashtomorgo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashtomorgo
Re: Hard, but not impossible

I must say that this has to be my favorite shirt I have ever seen on Woot, EVER!! I absolutely lovelovelove this and it had better print
GMV x a million!

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
mrwednesday wrote:Of the pop culture ones that have been axed, I think your previous design was probably the best. But the tiny little fix is no different than ramy's in my opinion. I don't see how this is any less rejectable.

Woot may let it pass but with how strict they've been (finally), I doubt it. And from a design level I think you've really detracted from the piece by allowing a few too many cooks into the process.

I'm aware that I'm just one more voice but the design is much too small and if it did print woot makes the women's designs much smaller as well. I also think removing the word bubble was probably a mistake. It gave the shirt some character and added to the joke. In it's absence I doubt anyone would look close enough to see the map is upside-down.

Sometimes it's good to listen to critiques, but I think in this case you should have stuck with your intuition.

A lost guy searching a map in Waldo, WI. A real place. How is that off topic? Adding the name of the city on the map it is pretty clear he's lost (and the map is upside-down). You are just one voice, many asked for the speech bubble to be removed. I liked the speech bubble and wasn't planning a resub but I think the tie in with the city name is pretty funny as well.

P.S. This classic character is ALWAYS small... The design was a little large on the first *rejected* shirt but you can never please everyone.

Thanks for the comments and feedback.

Travinapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Travinapple
Re: IM THE MAP

That is the STUPIDEST reason to reject a shirt EVER. I wanted this shirt so bad. Haha.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
Travinapple wrote:That is the STUPIDEST reason to reject a shirt EVER. I wanted this shirt so bad. Haha.

No, this rejection made sense.

Rejecting an entry that showed a map of the USA and pinpointing Kansas City, MO as being fictional ... now that didn't make sense.

firefrogh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages firefrogh

Way late in the competition week, but I had what I think is a good idea and I just had to do it. Hope you all like it enough to give it a vote.

Re: All Roads Lead to Rome

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
Dolemite wrote:I bet 10 million of those were LPs.

And the other 30,999,990-million?

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: Fragile Map

needz moar kittehs!

(Just kidding ... it's the lack of cats that means GMV.)

gracelit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gracelit
lyonscc wrote:This geek-tastic design contains all state route shields, with the number indicating the order of each state's entry into the Union.

Thanks for the explanation... I live in one of the smaller New England states and was trying to remember where my route number was, if it ran north-south or east-west... cool!

SteveBook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook
jrhunter wrote:It is simple, but funny. I like the expressions on the birds faces.

Thank you.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
reganrabbit wrote:I was in Savannah there for a while.

SCAD?

move along

werewolfskippy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werewolfskippy
lyonscc wrote:The one thing missing was a small arrow and a dot in the center, with a "you are here".

I actually really like that idea. Thank you everyone for your suggestions and feedback!

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks for the support and I like the femme bot suggestion.

Yay! Glad to see this in the fog.

Lachryma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lachryma
Re: The Realm of Every Game

You basically haven't made a video game if you don't have a waterfall hiding treasure. Great shirt!

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Crap. I see what you're saying. I suppose I should fix it. Yaay. I get to start over int he voting.

holothuria wrote:And the other 30,999,990-million?

smcintaggart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smcintaggart

Stunning design

Orangefox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orangefox
CapnLuke wrote:It's clearly not cutesy enough.

it's a nice change for once, though. i think there should be more (different) art styles, more variety; you've gotta be more well-rounded than "cutesy", right??

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost
ramyb wrote:He actually climbed out through the window

I love that there is a story to answer that question.

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: The Secret Map to Beer Island

Comic Sans! Noooo!

A hand-written font would have been so much better.

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: The Treasure Hunter

Nice work! The water reflection looks great!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Map Dolls

I like the concept.

Your halftone dots are on top of your outlines of the dolls, and it makes them look fuzzy.

Gally242

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gally242

This is some damn powerful butterfly. It lands in the fog and flaps its wings and four other fogged shirts fly away to rejection land!

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
estherpiscore wrote:This is not about not agreeing with rules. This is an arbitrariness after THEY MADE the rules.

First, read my whole post. I clearly say, "...for a couple of rulings that don't make sense." I agreed it was arbitrary.

estherpiscore wrote:
I don t lose my principles.
Ppl thinking like you make more difficult for other ppl to make a better world.

You know little to nothing about me or my principles, yet you feel comfortable assuming I'm somehow impeding the evolution of a more perfect society.

I choose my battles. I don't abandon a company whose merchandise I like and whose policies I generally agree with over a few disagreements. There are far more important things in this world to get upset about.

Congratulations. You have principles. You stood up to the big, bad t-shirt site who rejected a couple of designs they shouldn't have rejected. You changed the freaking world. Mazel Tov.

No shirts for you.

aletayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aletayr
xepherys wrote:So much of this week's Derby is ridiculous. This whole thread is based on people thinking it should be rejected for logic that would preclude many of the shirts from being active in the Derby. The Oregon Trail one? Totally a map of the United States from inside a game that isn't real. Any of the damned Dora "I'm a Map" ones? Same deal.

This off topic rejection, though, is just rampantly ridiculous. How on Earth is a shirt that prominently features a map "off topic" when the topic is maps? My mind i beyond blown.

This.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: I love USA the Purplest

Is the shower caused by global warming?

brockart

Re: Tales with Grandpa

Hooray! I love the little octopies! and Gramps gets bonus points for great visual aids!

brockart

Re: A Golden Smile

This is such a cool design. That mountain is so proud.

samzzz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samzzz
pharmacide wrote:It's a cream colored shirt.

Nice! Gives it that "old pirate map" look. Hehehe!! I'd be in for one if this prints.

xinrongy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xinrongy
auntjean wrote:It very cool looking but I don't get it. Somebody help me out?

Its about our world map with hurricanes and forest fires around. Didnt do a good job.