capfund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capfund
Re: Blueprint to Success

You can always find ways to time video games to anything!

swedishchef1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1
Pheline wrote:Can you post a more detailed version for those of us using our phones to view, who are too lazy to walk downstairs to the desktop where we might be able to see more?

Thanks.

Always happy to oblige the lazy. See giant version of the map at Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34859183@N00/6258034222/
-- JP

SirLancelittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirLancelittle

As the first person who commented on the windows/sail I want to explain why I did so. It is because I love the colors and the idea. If this shirt prints I will still think about buying it, but it isn't a guaranteed purchase. If the perspective had been a little better, I would have bought the shirt for sure.

Patrickspens is a great artist (I own several of his shirts) and he has been known to resubmit designs when his original design has a flaw. I was hoping that by offer constructive criticism, he would fix the perspective flaws and make this shirt even better.

smithyll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smithyll
tonythai1981 wrote:The Coordinates are for Bishop Rock,Isles of Scilly, which is documented as the World's smallest island. Hence the title "One Man Island."

Interesting

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
tonythai1981 wrote:I've been waiting for someone to say that haha. You don't have to worry its not gonna get printed anyway I assure you.

I wanted to say it but I didn't wanted to sound like and A**H***.

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept behind your design, but... it's not a map.

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44
Re: DO NOT Mess with North Dakota

This is just awesome. I'm in the Air Force, currently stationed in North Dakota at one of the former nuclear bases. It'd be the perfect shirt to wear around. Jennings needs to pick it!

omarfeliciano

Re: Cheese Marks The Spot

It would have been so cool to see a cat skull on that eye patch!

Cool design!

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
omarfeliciano wrote:I have failed because I don't see it either

It's the dragon constellation, Draco, right above them. Sorry, I should have mentioned that sooner.

bakerface22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakerface22
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

I feel really bad for Dorothy. This is the second derby to be rejected from and I felt like I was *this close* to buying it both times. Poo!
Maybe third times a charm ;)

**Baker**

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
curli76 wrote:Agreed. They really should have done a "no pop culture" rule this week. Waldo doesn't even live in a fictional world.

You may want to brush up on your Waldo. The stuff that happens in many/most of those scenes could only happen in a fictional world.

kskpage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kskpage
jrhunter wrote:My boyfriend is a turtle fanatic. He got me a gorgeous tutle necklace that I always wear. The necklace is what gave me the idea.

Your boyfriend sounds like a decent fellow.

We just spent time in the Carolina's where loggerhead turtles are protected. My son got a fabulous "turtle patrol" t-shirt, but they didn't have a turtle shirt in grownup sizes that were the least bit tempting. I would buy this one in a second. Plus , there's the whole philosophical, literary, "Turtles all the way down" aspect to your shirt. Love it...good luck!

kskpage

Leahbh wrote:you need to buy the movie.

I've got it on VHS somewhere...

kskpage

kskpage wrote:This makes me sad. My kid don't get this t-shirt either. However, I do, and I will (barring copyright problems).

*kids

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
Re: 70% Water

It's a bit late to resubmit; only reason would be to get into the Mr. Jennings sub-contest.

Maybe I can bank the goodwill of having been wronged for future derbies.

Or a puppy. I would take a puppy.

omarfeliciano

Re: Blueprint to Success

No "Select", No "Start", Not a Map!

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: The Realm of Every Game

I'm fairly certain that I've not laughed that hard at any woot shirt ever. Instant vote! The best one for sure is the Shoppe at the end.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

firedancer731

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firedancer731
Re: I love USA the Purplest

Am I missing something? While it's cute and clever. It's not... a MAP. ???

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Signs of the Times

As a roadway designer, I deal with signs all the time, and this is a fun little idea. I would suggest making the signs bigger, in some cases quite a bit bigger, so that they're more visible. Right now, you'd have to be up very very close to someone's chest to see them and that could get... awkward. You wouldn't need to worry about overlapping state lines, everyone in the USA is so familiar with the states that it won't lose anything. Gray is a simple background color, nice and generic, but what about trying the design on kelly green? It's a pretty classic Freeway-sign color and might go well

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
firedancer731 wrote:Am I missing something? While it's cute and clever. It's not... a MAP. ???

Seriously? What do you call the thing getting wet? Or, did you only see the thumbnail version?

Now, I've seen others pushing the envelope on what a map is, but, I'm sorry, fifty states divided by lines and color coded red and blue is a map on multiple levels (geographical/political).

I'll agree the purple part is a puddle. That was the point.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar

Beutiful design and +1 from me for sure.

The only crit I would give is to reverse the stars so the 'X' was on the left. That way the ship would be traveling towards the treasure.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
reganrabbit wrote:Thanks so much for the votes, I'd love to have a contender in a derby, any derby, just so I can do the Marlon Brando quote.

For fun here are the failed titles for my entry:

"Purple Do-Over"

"Harold's Purple Bipartisan Nation"

and finally...

"Douching of a Nation" (sorta sad I passed on that one)

I like the "purple crayon" one. Red and blue make purple... LOOK BEHIND YOU!ing fantastic! Brilliant!

blinddog3d

missmissa07 wrote:I usually am "meh" about video game shirts on here (I love video games, but don't usually want them plastered on my chest), but I absolutely love, love, love this shirt. +1 here, and sending the link to my boyfriend because I know he would buy one in a heartbeat!

Sending the "Link" ...that's funny!

Love the cartoon work, gr8 colorz!!! Too bad about rejection, I def would've bought one! Me lovey Zelda!!!
BlindDog3D

teacookie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teacookie
Re: Left at Albuquerque

More fluffly bunny!! =) love the refferance
though my fav is when he end up at one of the poles and I think there was a penguin on his head.

blinddog3d

Re: Fragile Map

This is wonderful! Brilliant! Beautiful.
I am green, ...I want one!
+1
BlindDog3D
PS... I wish it was centered, but it looks good anyway.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: Pirates of the QRibbean

This design needs more votes. Excellent concept.

blinddog3d

Re: Hard, but not impossible

Too simple for me. Looks like scribble.

$1000 bucks for scribble just don't sit right, when I wouldn't wear it. I guess I'm not in touch with my "inner child," today?

Best o' luck, though.
brUno

blinddog3d

Re: GPS Fail

What, ...no rabbits or penguins? No foxes or turtles? You might just sway some votes?

...but not mine... too monochromatic I guess, but it's just not calling my name. I do like the concept. I just went on a trip to San Fran and the dam thing just kept saying, "recalculating."

Bets o' luck,
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

Re: Star Map

Fantastic colorz, gr8 design. You're a Jedi!
Have to vote, no choice... Love it! I would wear this anywhere! (except where cocktail attire was required). Brilliant job!
BlindDog3D

I do see the discrepancy in the perpsective, but its just too dam awesome to be bothered with it! The colorz are amazing and the reflections fantastic! I would still wear this just to make people wonder...

Moonchies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Moonchies
elankat wrote:The reference is to a childish saying.

"Milk, milk (pointing to breasts), lemonade (point to groin), and around the back, fudge is made."

The way I learned it was the same beginning but "... 'round the corner fudge is made", which jives with this design (round the corner of front and rear st.)

audentio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audentio
Re: IM THE MAP

This rejection made absolutely no sense whatso-LOOK BEHIND YOU!ing-ever. Take the map as it's own entity and pull it out of the scene. It's a rolled up parchment with some tic-marks and an X. That is by no means a map of a fictional world, there is no world being depicted on the map. Throw link in there and all of a sudden we can assume it's a map of hyrule or a dungeon? The map remains devoid of any detail, no borders, no lines, no states or provinces, major landmarks, etc. Oh but, some tic-marks and an X marks the spot is completely depicting a world the author did not create. Yes I'm butt-hurt this was taken off, but that doesn't take away the fact that it was unjustly taken down. Good job ass hats.

blinddog3d

Moonchies wrote:The way I learned it was the same beginning but "... 'round the corner fudge is made", which jives with this design (round the corner of front and rear st.)

Mee2!

Milk, Milk, Lemonade. Around the corner fudge (Chocolate) is made.

I heard it both ways. Still a clever design, but I can't believe woot isn't calling this "Potty Humour!"

Love it! I would buy it!
BlindDog3D

audentio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audentio
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

Who the BLOODY LOOK BEHIND YOU! is rejecting all these designs?? He needs to be fired immediately. What imbecile thinks the US is fictional?

blinddog3d

Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

It's "web log" not "Web Blog"
Just saying...
BlindDogBlog.com

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
nek0nck2n wrote:Great! But a little bland. Would look nicer with a little color.

Thanks!

runnerfrog13 wrote:As a roadway designer, I deal with signs all the time, and this is a fun little idea. I would suggest making the signs bigger, in some cases quite a bit bigger, so that they're more visible. Right now, you'd have to be up very very close to someone's chest to see them and that could get... awkward. You wouldn't need to worry about overlapping state lines, everyone in the USA is so familiar with the states that it won't lose anything. Gray is a simple background color, nice and generic, but what about trying the design on kelly green? It's a pretty classic Freeway-sign color and might go well

Thanks for your feedback, too! I went in and did some quick edits and scaled the signs by almost 2X (stupid New England gets crowded very quickly), and went with your Kelly Green suggestion (which "bought" me a color for the map, itself).

You can check it out here

lyonscc

Re: Signs of the Times V2

This is another version of my earlier design, on Kelly Green with bigger signs. The Green bought me another color, as a bonus.

blinddog3d

Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

OK, "Sharks with frickin Lasers" got me! Touché, mon frére! You got me!
brUno

AutoTechInSTL

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AutoTechInSTL

Earlier this summer my and my G/F were meeting her family down in Gulf Shores, AL to spend a week at a vacation home on the beach with them.

Due to work constraints we couldn't get there until the day after them. On the way there we got a call from her brother to tell us *NOT* to follow the GPS as it takes you to a peninsula and has you take a ferry the rest of the way. Since this takes you two hours out of your way and there was a five hour wait on the ferry it would not be wise to go that route.

I then got to rub it in his face that I was able to read a map and not just blindly follow what my GPS told me. I couldn't stop laughing at him.

The truth is that I didn't even use a GPS. Yes I have it on my phone but didn't have to whip it out once the entire drive!

Steve was DELICIOUS!

lyonscc

Re: Signs of the Times V2

And just to make it clear (as with the earlier design) - the signs in each state are designed with each state's primary route template, and the number on each sign is the state's order of entry into the USA.

blinddog3d

Dolemite wrote:I'm back again with a resubmission. Some eagle-eyed folks spotted an error in my design.

As before, the super-size version is available here.

I don't know how, I can't see Monster A-Go Go (1965)! I don't get it because its 2small! Don't think anyone else would either. If you can't get the joke from this size, you can't get the joke, ...Dig? Microscope not included.

Not voting.
BlindDog3D

certari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages certari
Re: Fragile Map

HUGE amount of love for this shirt! =)

GMV, love the off center and the detail in the wings. Reminds me of my grandmother.