ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
brockart wrote:This has lots of cool details. The full image can be viewed large
Here

And here's some detail shots

I lived in Grand Forks when this movie came out. Freaked me out. Want.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: World's Easiest Map

Dangerously close to the "No Text Only Designs" rule. Also, the rejector has been quite cruel this week. It's just my opinion, hopefully you avoid the rejection and congrats on your first entry being so successful.

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: Signs of the Times V2

I like it better with the green. GMV again

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: The Geography of 80s Rock ... v3.0

Great design, to bad you had to resub. GMV again

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
blinddog3d wrote:It's "web log" not "Web Blog"
Just saying...
BlindDogBlog.com

I've seen "web blog" used. Googled it to double check when making the shirt. I like it. This is my geek brain and it sees "web blog" and "girlfriends."

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
jrhunter wrote:I had to explain to my boyfriend that the map was referencing Dora the Explorer.. I think he lacked a childhood.

Considering that Dora has only been on since 2000, and is targeted at children ages 2-5, I think the question is, how old is your boyfriend?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
blinddog3d wrote:OK, "Sharks with frickin Lasers" got me! Touché, mon frére! You got me!
brUno

Ha! I knew you'd find something you liked.

yankeebird

Re: Pirates Welcome

Um.... welcome to the derby, please review the rules? You're breaking several of them.

yankeebird

ramyb wrote:The US is not a fictional world I didn't create

This sentence has been making my head hurt for several days. I really wish woot had chosen different wording for their rule. lol

phantom09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phantom09
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

I think it's off topic because it's only a map of the United States as is, which is not creating a new, interesting map. *shrug*

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
Re: Fragile Map

This is beautiful! GMV

zalameria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zalameria

awww too bad. such an original idea!

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Heh? Say again? Maybe this was for someone else?

blinddog3d wrote:I don't know how, I can't see Monster A-Go Go (1965)! I don't get it because its 2small! Don't think anyone else would either. If you can't get the joke from this size, you can't get the joke, ...Dig? Microscope not included.

Not voting.
BlindDog3D

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Yeah, it stinks. But I'm okay with it. I don't have a snowball's chance in hell, but it's fun to participate. #WhatLosersSay

fossilgirl1 wrote:Great design, to bad you had to resub. GMV again

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
blinddog3d wrote:I don't know how, I can't see Monster A-Go Go (1965)! I don't get it because its 2small! Don't think anyone else would either. If you can't get the joke from this size, you can't get the joke, ...Dig? Microscope not included.

Not voting.
BlindDog3D

Other people have gotten the joke, and other people have voted for it. I can see it just fine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
yankeebird wrote:This sentence has been making my head hurt for several days. I really wish woot had chosen different wording for their rule. lol

Double negative FTW!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SJulian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
blinddog3d wrote:Too simple for me. Looks like scribble.

$1000 bucks for scribble just don't sit right, when I wouldn't wear it. I guess I'm not in touch with my "inner child," today?

Best o' luck, though.
brUno

Bleh, it looks ugly.

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
omarfeliciano wrote:No "Select", No "Start", Not a Map!

I thought there were two "B, A"s not just one before the Select Start also. Don't quote me on that though...

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
Re: IM THE MAP

All of the rejections are consistent, but I wish this derby would have spared the designers' collective effort by explicitly banning video game or pop culture references.

This is a tasteful mesh of popular icons that fully conforms to the written rules. What a waste.

potsy356

quality posts: 0 Private Messages potsy356
Re: The Road to My Heart is Paved with Ugly Cats

i don't know which sealed it for me: the dinosaur, or his hat.
awesome design Boots, GMV

bonjaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonjaker

thumperchick wrote:Okay, I just don't understand. This shirt is okay, even though it is clearly representing a map of a place made famous by the book, "Treasure Island." But a map of the US is NOT okay, because of a fictional character?

(BTW - I like this shirt overall, I just don't understand how it got a pass and the others didn't)

Spelling it wrong saved it because there are a couple of real places named treasuer island

jrhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhunter

I could have used that on my 8th grade history exam.

jrhunter

lol.. This is funny

jrhunter

I like the sarcastic feel I get from this shirt

jrhunter

This is a really interesting concept. I now understand why treasure is so hard to find.

jrhunter

I downloaded a scanning ap just to try it out. This shirt is awesome.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

I know it's just dumb luck the way it worked out, but Florida SR-27 is one of the most dangerous roads in the country.

That's not a knock against your design....just something that occurred to me.

jrhunter

It's an interesting concept.

jrhunter

I like the history.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

Is there a particular reason that you put Las Vegas in South East Oregon?

jrhunter

very nostalgic. And sure, I remember.. That was like.. yesterday.

yellowfinch87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowfinch87
Re: I Get Lost In Your Otaku Eyes

I like it! It seems unique among a lot of these designs. I don't understand the "Otaku" part but in general I thought the "lost in your eyes" idea was cute.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

As a girl and a geek who is happily married and who has girl geek friends who are in relationships.... I don't care about the issue at all. The design is funny, the layout and colors work, it gets my vote.

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
Re: Lost in Waldo WI

Clever way to get this design back in. I was sorry to see the original rejected. I know that they had to to be fair to everyone, but I thought this shirt was terribly clever.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Subject to Change

I know it's late but I couldn't leave this idea alone. Thanks for viewing, please vote.

KAZVorpal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KAZVorpal
collinvh wrote:Dangerously close to the "No Text Only Designs" rule. Also, the rejector has been quite cruel this week. It's just my opinion, hopefully you avoid the rejection and congrats on your first entry being so successful.

The dot is the important part, so it's definitely not text-only.

Moonstaff: Dammit, you've climbed so far...the top ten, but how long do you have to make it to third?

DJTweekNYC

Re: Pirates of the QRibbean

This is probably the cleverest shirt I've seen in a while. I can imagine walking down the street and having people attempt to QR code my shirt only to be directed to that site (I didn't want to say what site to ruin the surprise for everyone viewing this page, that's half the fun of this design) just really well done. And very wearable. Awesome job. +1

Pobonobo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pobonobo
Re: The Realm of Every Game

I would buy this, hope it wins, I love the Ice Cavern of Unreasonable Sliptitude, GMV

DJTweekNYC

Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

The style is fantastically simple and full of life. Probably one of the few white tee shirts I would wear. Awesome work Naheed!

DJTweekNYC

UGLY CATS?! OH NO!!!