bbbrob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbbrob
Re: 2052

It's a little bit hard to see, but the capital of Atlantis is Atlanta, the Capital of ROW is Sacramento, the capital of WAIT is Unalaska (an actual, real-life city), the capital of SMAC is Canadetroit, and the capital of FEREVR is Vermontreal.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
joemail11 wrote:It appears that way, given the other rejections under "no maps of fictional worlds." If they were a little tighter with the rules, this could have been avoided. Instead, were stuck with some nebulous rejectionating.

Huh. Well, at least they're being relatively consistent. Though, as you duly noted, this could have been easily avoided if Woot had been clearer in the rules.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

asmadasrabbits

quality posts: 3 Private Messages asmadasrabbits
Paradox55 wrote:Why is the GPS recalculating if the destination has been reached?

precisely what i was going to say.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Paradox55 wrote:Why is the GPS recalculating if the destination has been reached?

That...is a very good question.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

In case anyone is wondering where they've seen this before: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54952

Fits this derby much better!

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

I think it's a shame that the other one was rejected. I liked it much better having a dot on the map showing where you are. Seemed to make more sense than a big map showing where you are not.

But it's still nice and should get a lot of votes.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
joemail11 wrote:Hmm...Not really seeing a map of a different world here. Rejection needs further explanation.

I believe he's in Mario world, trying to figure out how he got there. In which case I can kind of see the rejection, but it seems more like "don't show a different world in either the map or the background..."

tobefonseca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tobefonseca
Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

Just awesome! GMV!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
joemail11 wrote:Hmm...Not really seeing a map of a different world here. Rejection needs further explanation.

Well, given that he is in mario's world and looking at the map confusingly, he is obviously looking at a map of his zelda world wondering where he went wrong.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
citizencoyote wrote:In case anyone is wondering where they've seen this before: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54952

Fits this derby much better!

Never mind, I see that ramy already tried this one. For what it's worth, I don't know why it was rejected the first time in this derby.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Map to success

Good luck.

Nothing follows.

XshadowraithX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XshadowraithX
Re: Takeout map

"stray cashew" AHAHAHA

ahh choices choies thai tea or pho!

DeLore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeLore
Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

01100111 01100101 = ge
I feel like you should have at least had the whole word, "geek"
01100111 01100101 01100101 01101011

ryankepler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryankepler
taternuggets wrote:Good luck.

thanks im new to all this, i dont know how to vote , haha

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
ryankepler wrote:thanks im new to all this, i dont know how to vote , haha

My luck wish was geared toward woot letting this entry stand, as they most assuredly will not. They aren't keen on this sort of humor.

But, welcome to the derby anyway. You have to have made a purchase from any woot site to be able to vote.

Nothing follows.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: IM THE MAP

I love the expressions, great work.

It make me laugh every time I see it.

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
Re: Star Map

Stop this madness! You keep designing shirts I want to wear, so I keep buying them! My shirt drawer runneth over!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
DeLore wrote:01100111 01100101 = ge
I feel like you should have at least had the whole word, "geek"
01100111 01100101 01100101 01101011

I did. It may have got cutoff on the shirt comp, but is certainly there on the art file.

thumperchick

Re: Of Tree I Sing

I was completely unaware that NY & VT had the same state tree - but it makes sense.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
kira89 wrote:That's awesome.

I am personally not a fan of dogs dressed like people, but excepting that I love this design so much.

But... but...

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

The idea is that the, no matter where you intended to go, you aren't going anywhere now (therefore, this is now your destination). Whether or not it's what you wanted is an entirely different matter.

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

Very awesome idea. love this.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
citizencoyote wrote:That's cookies without raisins only, right?

PshYEAH.

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
Re: Star Map

Really nice work and great colors.

thumperchick

Re: The Original Treasure Map

This is kind of cute, but I already own a baby blue woot! shirt with a rainbow on it... in the same spot.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: The Road to My Heart is Paved with Ugly Cats

This shirt is chock full of Boots!
Stripes!

move along

thumperchick

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew

Is the color difference between this one and the one you submitted in the past derby because you're using pantone colors now? I've never attempted to design for print so I am not familiar with that color pallet, so I am not sure I would recognize it. Just curious if that is the reason.

Also, if you are using pantone now, have you noticed a difference in how people respond to your designs?

j5

This rejection is bogus and forced the artist to create a new design that is not as good.
Fie on ye, rejectionator.

move along

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: IM THE MAP

I would buy this AND one for my son.

schroddie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schroddie

If I'm here, where is my cat? :p

micisaninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micisaninja

I like this version better. GMV again!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Fire Escape Map

Remember to always be prepared in case of an emergency.

m1nasser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m1nasser
joemail11 wrote:I wanted to not see it, but now I see it. Always and forever. The prow appears to be going into the distance, while the sails are coming forward. And it seems like I'm viewing the lit cabin from the side.

At first glance, however, the shirt looks nice. And that's what you're going for in a shirt.

I see it now, too. Despite that (and I'm just going to assume that those are the side windows of the cabins) I love the colors!

yates0269

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yates0269

I can't stop noticing that you missed the border between Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. Cool design. I think the colors work well.

j5

dj91693 wrote:how did you create that on your computer?

Illustration Imp.
Newegg sells them: Illustration Imp
Or you can opt for the free version, but have to catch it yourself:
Graphics IMP

move along

j5

SirLancelittle wrote:I want to love this shirt because the idea is good and the colors are amazing. But the perspective on the shirt is throwing me for a loop.

The pirate skull flag doesn't seem to be facing the right way. And the lit windows are all the same size and at the same level meaning when I look at the windows I feel like I'm looking straight on the back of the ship. However I can also see the side of the ship, which gives an Escher like bent ship feeling.

Sloppy work Spens. I call for a resub.

move along

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: So Lost

Hey, I guess I read that rule differently than intended. Sorry 'bout that.

Thanks very much for the cool comments about the design, missmissa07, Assassin15, ravensdreams and Luxasia.

(If I was rejectionator for a day I'd use "You know what you did" over and over. Everybody's guilty about something. That idea is free, Woot. ;p)

travisl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisl
Re: Old School Navigation

If this prints, I've found my next geocaching shirt.