quality posts: 0 Private Messages yyz903
Re: I love USA the Purplest

Voted

Bundle of Corn 11/9/11

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: I love USA the Purplest

FIRST TIME FOG OF WAR DANCE!!!! WOOT! WOOT!*

*for those who can't see, reganrabbit is doing some kind of variation on the chicken dance... others around her are concerned... Oh, there she goes, well she had a late night.

*pant,pant* THANKS!

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: Map to the Holy Grail NI!

Err...Why hasn't this one been rejected yet?

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
Re: Not in Kansas anymore

I actually like this one better!

I love this website! ^^

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
DeLore wrote:01100111 01100101 = ge
I feel like you should have at least had the whole word, "geek"
01100111 01100101 01100101 01101011

Here it is in the print file fixed. Thanks for pointing it out!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Cat Mapped

Haha, I'm not sure the cat is entirely convincing but he's on the tongue... he's thinking about it! :^)

+1

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Such a great concept, tying star navigation with the classic treasure map, and beautiful artwork. You've established a very high bar for yourself. As for angles, it all looks good to me: the side windows are lit and the sails are at an angle more common in actual sailing than classic movie imagery. Which I learned during my extensive time on the high seas (wikipedia) back in my youth (30 seconds after reading these comments).

Sailing angles on wiki'
Example of side windows:

qwart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwart
Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

Wait is the shirt white or grey? You should fix that, it would be very unfortunate for such an awesome shirt to be rejected because the thumbnail colour is wrong.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
qwart wrote:Wait is the shirt white or grey? You should fix that, it would be very unfortunate for such an awesome shirt to be rejected because the thumbnail colour is wrong.

It's on a white shirt. It looks white on my monitor. Silly monitors and their silly differences in colors.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
dj91693 wrote:how did you create that on your computer?

I used Photoshop CS5. There is also a free program called GIMP, if you're interested. It works pretty well considering it's free.

*edit* pretty much what j5 just posted*

ochopika

reganrabbit wrote:FIRST TIME FOG OF WAR DANCE!!!! WOOT! WOOT!*

*for those who can't see, reganrabbit is doing some kind of variation on the chicken dance... others around her are concerned... Oh, there she goes, well she had a late night.

*pant,pant* THANKS!

Nice job! Your work is really excellent.

mrsruvi

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mrsruvi
artulo wrote:We the Purple? What the hell was that?

+1 for vintage simpsons reference.

ochopika

missmissa07 wrote:Anyone play SkiFree? Oh, the Abominable Snow Monster! I miss old computer games like those gems.

Wow, I didn't know anyone else knew about that game!

eatingbrains

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatingbrains
Re: GPS Fail

This reminds me of that episode of the Office.

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
Re: shirt.woot.map

Heres a larger view, hope you enjoy!

dirtylittlefly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dirtylittlefly
Re: 70% Water

Nerd Shirt! Yes!!!

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
mattcom wrote:Heres a larger view, hope you enjoy!

Sorry, it's cute but I don't think you're allowed to do Woot-themed designs.

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi
Re: GPS Fail

I can totally see this happening! For whatever reason GPS systems can't manage to navigate anyone to my work address. My GPS thinks we are on the tollroad then wants me to drive thru a solid fence. Another system sends people up the hill away from us to a vacant field. Someone just told me that her GPS sent her down a dead end street. If anyone wants to go North out of the parking lot the GPS sends them South to a gravel quary then has them make a U-Turn. Not only is there an intersection but the street has 3 lanes and 2 turn lanes in each direction.

GPS fail.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

Thanks guys for all your support! and thanks Kevin for the collab! We have tones of fun!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

The irony of this rejection is staggering.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Re: The Road to My Heart is Paved with Ugly Cats

This is great! Cute and simple done right. It's funny to see how many landmarks the road to my heart has in common with the road to Boots's heart ^_^

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Kind of miss the yellow but I understand why it had to go. =/

blacksheep59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blacksheep59
Re: Four Color Theorem!

Hey! So it's the Four Color Theorem which says that any map can be colored with four colors without any two colors touching. If you noticed, Idaho and Oregon are fighting over a can of red paint because they both have to be red to be four-colored. Alaska and Hawaii are crying together because it doesn't matter what color they are . Please vote!

ridethesnaaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ridethesnaaake
Re: The Road to My Heart is Paved with Ugly Cats

The road seems to begin near one's genitals.

or perhaps springs forth from the navel.

walmazan

Re: recalculating...

Hahahaha! this is do funny!

missmelis

Re: Bunny Slopes

I realized when I was about 14 that I hated skiing, but I still love this so much! GMV, definitely.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
Re: Wrong Turn

Nice design. Nice color choices.

rizaroni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rizaroni
blacksheep59 wrote:Hey! So it's the Four Color Theorem which says that any map can be colored with four colors without any two colors touching. If you noticed, Idaho and Oregon are fighting over a can of red paint because they both have to be red to be four-colored. Alaska and Hawaii are crying together because it doesn't matter what color they are . Please vote!

I love it cuz I'm Oregonian!! +1

Larisa

missmelis

Re: Ukraine is Strong!

In Soviet Ukraine, Risk takes YOU!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Another great game-themed collab, guys! I love it!

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens

This is a frustration with WOOT. The first one is always better than the resubmit. I like this, but the first was much better especially because the dot was on Kansas City which many people assume is in Kansas.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Silly hamster, you think you're going somewhere on your wheel, but you're not.

(I tried doing a paper map as those in the pre-derby thread suggested, but after looking at both I think this popped much better.)

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
Re: 2052

I can't understand why all the maps at http://bigthink.com/blogs/strange-maps aren't on here. This comes close, very close.

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
Re: Pangaea Continental Moving Company

This is a VERY fine design, and if it doesn't print, you should send it to http://bigthink.com/blogs/strange-maps. However, I want to buy it as a shirt, so good luck.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
haxrox wrote:Sailing angles on wiki'
Example of side windows:

My issue isn't with the sails, it's with the windows. Because they have a slight fan arrangement, they don't look like side windows, they look like rear windows.

move along

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

+1 girl geek that would ABSOLUTELY wear this shirt. I never buy white shirts, but this is awesome enough to win the exception. I HOPE this prints!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: shirt.woot.map

This will be rejected, but it sure is awesome.

move along

clbevilacqua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clbevilacqua
chumpmagic wrote:yup... another one to add to the list

Really??? You believe that this artist has nothing better to do than look thru thousands of old designs and rework them?? My daughter is an artist and has, several times, designed something original that looks very like something else already out there and that is without any restrictions on category.....obviously, a good or funny idea is still a good idea, even if something similar has been done before. Hell, even comedians tell jokes about exactly what this entry shows!

Ramyb-I don't always like your entry and when I don't....I don't vote for it (go figure)! But I do, in general, love your style and, in particular, love the attention you give to background detail. Ignore the people who have nothing better to do than gripe at and about you and if you are a better person than I, say a pray for them to enjoy a more positive life. Keep up the great work....and remember that if you were a crappy artist, no one would be complaining about your entries!

Oh, and BTW, this one definitely got my vote!

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart

The way to a man's Heart is a difficult one. At least that's what my mom said to my sister. The way to his heart is through his stomach, around his friends and ex-girlfriends. Finally past your future mother in law, and if you survive all of that then you will have definitely won your man's heart.

walmazan

Re: Going Nowhere

This is so good! You have my vote!

EchoSeven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EchoSeven

Doomed for rejection....

In order to vote, you have to buy one of Ramyb's winning shirts.