WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

Quality Posts

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

Baseline numbers!

Legend: (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - baseline sales numbers.
(1) Kitchen Warfare - 9896
(2) Click or Treat - 5215
(3) The Binge - 50829
(4) Couldn't Care Less Bear - 4349
(5) He’ll Probably Be Okay - 4794
(6) Always Leave a Note - 5259
(7) Acquired Taste - 18231
(8) Nevermore - 42704
(9) Haunted Scarecrow - 4716
(10) It Came Out Of Nowhere - 33539
(11) Scrub, My Pretty - 3533
(12) Cell Division - 5247
(13) Keep Driving - 4173
(14) The Cheese is a Liederkranz - 19227
(15) Questionable Table of Elements - 9176
(16) Morning Powerup - 6910
(17) Celtic Skull - 3287
(18) Boba Fetch - 6298
(19) Unstealthiest Ninja - 11245
(20) The Rainguard - 2589
(21) The Hunt - 3015
(22) Ironic Bunny - 2666
(23) Other Uses for Candy Corn - 2059
(24) Lapwing Sunset - 2388
(25) Luke - 5146
(26) Foxfall - 1894
(27) Slow Death - 1899
(91) The Fallen - 973

Daily Sales Rates are for informational purposes only and are not 100% accurate.
1. Kitchen Warfare - Approx. 57.64 real time DSR; 43.21 Woot-based DSR
2. Click or Treat - Approx. 84.92 real time DSR; 35.33 Woot-based DSR
3. The Binge - Approx. 44.16 real time DSR; 33.11 Woot-based DSR
4. Couldn't Care Less Bear - Approx. 41.82 real time DSR; 31.36 Woot-based DSR
5. He’ll Probably Be Okay - Approx. 132.46 real time DSR; 29.33 Woot-based DSR
6. Always Leave a Note - Approx. 40.02 real time DSR; 28.8 Woot-based DSR
7. Acquired Taste - Approx. 39.01 real time DSR; 29.25 Woot-based DSR
8. Nevermore - Approx. 37.54 real time DSR; 28.14 Woot-based DSR
9. Haunted Scarecrow - Approx. 83.19 real time DSR; 24.9 Woot-based DSR
10. It Came Out Of Nowhere - Approx. 29.82 real time DSR; 22.36 Woot-based DSR
11. Scrub, My Pretty - Approx. 33.84 real time DSR; 20.67 Woot-based DSR
12. Cell Division - Approx. 27.25 real time DSR; 20.43 Woot-based DSR
13. Keep Driving - Approx. 48.58 real time DSR; 17.64 Woot-based DSR
14. The Cheese is a Liederkranz - Approx. 24.29 real time DSR; 18.21 Woot-based DSR
15. Questionable Table of Elements - Approx. 21.77 real time DSR; 16.32 Woot-based DSR
16. Morning Powerup - Approx. 21.34 real time DSR; 16 Woot-based DSR
17. Celtic Skull - Approx. 24.26 real time DSR; 15.32 Woot-based DSR
18. Boba Fetch - Approx. 19.91 real time DSR; 14.93 Woot-based DSR
19. Unstealthiest Ninja - Approx. 19.72 real time DSR; 14.79 Woot-based DSR
20. The Rainguard - Approx. 19.48 real time DSR; 13.27 Woot-based DSR
21. The Hunt - Approx. 22.32 real time DSR; 13.12 Woot-based DSR
22. Ironic Bunny - Approx. 17.67 real time DSR; 13.25 Woot-based DSR
23. Other Uses for Candy Corn - Approx. 26.86 real time DSR; 12.38 Woot-based DSR
24. Lapwing Sunset - Approx. 21.68 real time DSR; 12.19 Woot-based DSR
25. Luke - Approx. 16.39 real time DSR; 12.29 Woot-based DSR
26. Foxfall - Approx. 19.73 real time DSR; 9.86 Woot-based DSR
27. Slow Death - Approx. 48.34 real time DSR; 6 Woot-based DSR

We have a good chance of a new #1 this week. And with several strong sellers from Hallowoot, even 20/day is not going to be enough. Unless they pick up their sales numbers this week, the following are destined to be reckoned come Monday.

Morning Powerup
Boba Fetch
Foxfall
Unstealthiest Ninja
The Rainguard
Ironic Bunny
Luke

oldeskoolj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldeskoolj

It's always depressing to see a shirt you just bought go in the Danger Zone. It's like the world's telling you, "Look! No one else likes what you like and to make sure no one else ever likes what you like, we're taking away that thing you like! So there!"

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Woooo, last place! Nowhere to go but up... I hope. =P

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Man, I think it's possible for all seven new designs to survive this week. Should be interesting!

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

Wow, not such a good week for Luke, huh?

(Though I suppose it was still better than the week where his aunt and uncle were burned to death, the one where he almost froze to death, the one where he had his hand cut off, and the one right after he found out his crush was actually his sister.)

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

Narfcake

polluxoil wrote:Man, I think it's possible for all seven new designs to survive this week. Should be interesting!

Not likely, as Foxfall's numbers are too low for survival already.

Even if we get six to survive, though, it will be a new record.

Narfcake

oldeskoolj wrote:It's always depressing to see a shirt you just bought go in the Danger Zone. It's like the world's telling you, "Look! No one else likes what you like and to make sure no one else ever likes what you like, we're taking away that thing you like! So there!"

Woot's future-based accounting method has newer shirts looking worse in ranks than they really are. For example, Sunday's shirt only has one day of sales to report, but gets based for the eight days that will elapse by the time the reckoning closes this coming Monday. With only 12.5% of its sales reported, it will rank low.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

Well those that missed buying lucky park, or just want a friend for it, should head over to teefury. That is kinda funny.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Narfcake wrote:We have a good chance of a new #1 this week.

Kitchen Warfare's sales yesterday were the lowest it has had since the design debuted. A new #1 this week is not only likely, but inevitable. Hallowoot shirts deserve the love!

nycbrent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nycbrent
DianaSprinkle wrote:Woooo, last place! Nowhere to go but up... I hope. =P

It's just getting a slow start...no surprise, given the shirt's theme (and narfcake's explanations of woot-based rankings)!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

No predictions on my part, since I totally blew it last week. See, I knew I learned something: the Reckoning is a fickle mistress. :p

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

IT'S A FREAKING Clever Mask APOCALYPSE, only this time the noobs are eating the veterans! How do you kill a zombie tee shirt when it has no head?!? Oh, the humanity.

[someone had to do it.....]

grahamcrackercoyote

citizencoyote wrote:No predictions on my part, since I totally blew it last week. See, I knew I learned something: the Reckoning is a fickle mistress. :p

Reckoning has a mistress??? No wonder WootBot is never around - he must be peaking in Reckoning's windows.

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Are you gearing up for Halloween? What's your costume gonna be? We're just asking because, y'know, if you're NOT into costumes you could always just pick up a shirt from us. They're just as cool as any costume, and probably cheaper too. Check out the Reckoning and see what tickles your fancy. Here are the standings as of when I copied and pasted this:

1. Kitchen Warfare
  2. He'll Probably Be Okay (noob)
  3. Click or Treat (noob)
  4. The Binge
  5. Couldn't Care Less Bear
  6. Always Leave a Note
  7. Acquired Taste
  8. Nevermore
  9. Haunted Scarecrow (noob)
  10. It Came Out Of Nowhere
  11. Scrub, My Pretty
  12. Cell Division
  13. Keep Driving (noob)
  14. The Cheese is a Liederkranz
  15. Questionable Table of Elements
  16. Celtic Skull
  17. Morning Powerup
  18. Boba Fetch
  19. Unstealthiest Ninja
  20. The Hunt

THE DANGER ZONE

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

I think I'll plug Lapwing, It is a beautiful print. The designs that use lines over halftones do look better in person.

teacookie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teacookie

Eeeeep Kitty uses annoy is gone T_T. I still needed to buy 4 more of them, on pay day, for family. thankfully I bought two yesterday......

I'd just like to rant that Seasonal shirts should have a seperate catorgory. They are bumping off some of the really good shirts that work year around. Sure the halloween and other fun holidays are great comdedic relief. However it grats on my nerves to see so many cliches on woot. T_T Besides holidays are not much of a theme challenge, we have been conditioned by society on what to expect. All that comercialization is brainwashing the gullible. I will admit that the rehash is of a higher qaultiy then the common store items.

**grumbles about holloween dying off due to jerks making it unsafe to trick or treat. In my days....**

unikiwi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unikiwi
oldeskoolj wrote:It's always depressing to see a shirt you just bought go in the Danger Zone. It's like the world's telling you, "Look! No one else likes what you like and to make sure no one else ever likes what you like, we're taking away that thing you like! So there!"

No, it just means you like it and you were smart enough to buy it when it was available and now no one else will ever be able to have one!!

Narfcake

unikiwi wrote:No, it just means you like it and you were smart enough to buy it when it was available and now no one else will ever be able to have one!!

Well, they won't if it gets reckoned come Monday. And then there's the chance that they will show up again in the randoms. And then there's the secondary market (eBay, thrift shops, yard sales, etc.), and perhaps even the tertiary market (rag house recovery). Then after that, we can say no one else will ever be able to have one.

Narfcake

Almost one night ... a bit earlier than usual, since I got other things to do. Slow Death is making a slow crawl up the charts already, and we should have a new #1 tomorrow.

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (1) Kitchen Warfare - (+43) to 9939. Approx. 57.1 real time DSR; 44.79 Woot-based DSR
2 (5) He’ll Probably Be Okay - (+100) to 4894. Approx. 124.59 real time DSR; 41 Woot-based DSR
3 (2) Click or Treat - (+32) to 5247. Approx. 76.49 real time DSR; 38 Woot-based DSR
4 (3) The Binge - (+40) to 50869. Approx. 44.03 real time DSR; 34.54 Woot-based DSR
5 (4) Couldn't Care Less Bear - (+26) to 4375. Approx. 41.16 real time DSR; 32.29 Woot-based DSR
6 (6) Always Leave a Note - (+23) to 5282. Approx. 39.18 real time DSR; 29.72 Woot-based DSR
7 (7) Acquired Taste - (+22) to 18253. Approx. 38.29 real time DSR; 30.04 Woot-based DSR
8 (8) Nevermore - (+26) to 42730. Approx. 37.11 real time DSR; 29.11 Woot-based DSR
9 (9) Haunted Scarecrow - (+29) to 4745. Approx. 70.42 real time DSR; 27.9 Woot-based DSR
10 (10) It Came Out Of Nowhere - (+17) to 33556. Approx. 29.41 real time DSR; 23.07 Woot-based DSR
11 (11) Scrub, My Pretty - (+11) to 3544. Approx. 32.1 real time DSR; 21.33 Woot-based DSR
12 (12) Cell Division - (+17) to 5264. Approx. 26.82 real time DSR; 21.04 Woot-based DSR
13 (13) Keep Driving - (+13) to 4186. Approx. 41.72 real time DSR; 18.82 Woot-based DSR
14 (14) The Cheese is a Liederkranz - (+12) to 19239. Approx. 23.77 real time DSR; 18.64 Woot-based DSR
15 (15) Questionable Table of Elements - (+19) to 9195. Approx. 21.72 real time DSR; 17.04 Woot-based DSR
16 (17) Celtic Skull - (+17) to 3304. Approx. 23.76 real time DSR; 16.21 Woot-based DSR
17 (16) Morning Powerup - (+8) to 6918. Approx. 20.76 real time DSR; 16.29 Woot-based DSR
18 (18) Boba Fetch - (+15) to 6313. Approx. 19.72 real time DSR; 15.46 Woot-based DSR
19 (19) Unstealthiest Ninja - (+19) to 11264. Approx. 19.72 real time DSR; 15.46 Woot-based DSR
20 (21) The Hunt - (+9) to 3024. Approx. 21.16 real time DSR; 13.65 Woot-based DSR
21 (20) The Rainguard - (+6) to 2595. Approx. 18.67 real time DSR; 13.55 Woot-based DSR
22 (22) Ironic Bunny - (+12) to 2678. Approx. 17.44 real time DSR; 13.68 Woot-based DSR
23 (23) Other Uses for Candy Corn - (+9) to 2068. Approx. 24.42 real time DSR; 13.08 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) Lapwing Sunset - (+14) to 2402. Approx. 20.98 real time DSR; 13.06 Woot-based DSR
25 (25) Luke - (+7) to 5153. Approx. 15.98 real time DSR; 12.54 Woot-based DSR
26 (27) Slow Death - (+37) to 1936. Approx. 43.33 real time DSR; 10.63 Woot-based DSR
27 (26) Foxfall - (+17) to 1911. Approx. 19.47 real time DSR; 11.07 Woot-based DSR

missmelis

Narfcake wrote:Almost one night ... a bit earlier than usual, since I got other things to do.

Understandably! Has a decision been made on the middle name yet?

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet

I got my FoxFall hoodie today. Looks quite cool and the quality of the hoodies seems pretty good. Quite alot better than the Threadless one I have.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
missmelis wrote:Wow, not such a good week for Luke, huh?

(Though I suppose it was still better than the week where his aunt and uncle were burned to death, the one where he almost froze to death, the one where he had his hand cut off, and the one right after he found out his crush was actually his sister.)

This makes me think about the timeline of the original Star Wars - I wonder over how many days was it supposed to have taken place?

Also, yeah - the sales have dropped steadily but the truth was it was buoyed by a really strong first week for the last four weeks and now that first week is not factored in, thus the drop! #atleastithinkthatsright

golanta00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golanta00
blanked wrote:I think I'll plug Lapwing, It is a beautiful print. The designs that use lines over halftones do look better in person.

I received Lapwing a couple days ago and it is a beautiful shirt. It's a very large design, which I like and such amazing detail. Also received The Hunt and it's a wonderful shirt as well. Before I ordered them I thought I would like The Hunt a little better than Lapwing, based on the pictures here, but after getting a look at the real items, Lapwing nudges past The Hunt just a bit and it's probably due to the size of the design (The Hunt is not small by any means) and the fact that Lapwing is an optical illusion. I do feel like I'm getting my money's worth when the design is covering a fair amount of the t-shirt though ;) Congrats to the artists of these two shirts, very well done! Of course, as always, this is just my opinion.

Narfcake

missmelis wrote:Understandably!

Oh, so you lay tile at night too?

(Doing the bathroom backsplash. Unlike my kitchen backsplash, it's not as elaborate. 6's at the ends, 18's behind the sinks, and 12's in the middle.)

Has a decision been made on the middle name yet?

Haven't heard yet ...

Narfcake

nathanwpyle wrote:... #atleastithinkthatsright

Yep, that's right.

Truth is, many shirts follow this route. Many sales up front, then demand tapers off. There are exceptions, of course ... out of the current reckoning, The Binge and Cheese come to mind.

Narfcake

Speaking of Cheese, congrats to making it to the 1/2 year mark! I recall arguments about how its sales would've been heavily "front-loaded" and wouldn't last too long, what with selling out the 3k in 97 minutes and hitting 10k in its 2nd week.

As its approaching the 20k mark, that's clearly not the case. The mouse definitely has legs to stand on ... even if they're nowhere to be seen.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Wow, congrats, Art101!!! :D :D :D I knew that one would be super popular...afterall, kite-ing is just about the only way to escape from a horde of undead! +20 speed!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Narfcake wrote:Speaking of Cheese, congrats to making it to the 1/2 year mark! I recall arguments about how its sales would've been heavily "front-loaded" and wouldn't last too long, what with selling out the 3k in 97 minutes and hitting 10k in its 2nd week.

As its approaching the 20k mark, that's clearly not the case. The mouse definitely has legs to stand on ... even if they're nowhere to be seen.

Thanks, Narf! Im truly bamboozled by the mouse's powers @_@. Im super glad he's stuck around though. :D He's a great representative for rodent-kind!

missmelis

Narfcake wrote:Oh, so you lay tile at night too?

No, I assumed you were doing nephew-related things. But if I were to lay tile, it probably would be at night. That's when I tend to get things done... inasmuch as I ever get anything done, which is not that much.

citizencoyote

grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Reckoning has a mistress??? No wonder WootBot is never around - he must be peaking in Reckoning's windows.

No no, the Reckoning is the mistress... although this does still explain WootBot's mysterious absences.

Congrats to art101 for finally dethroning the culinary warlord! Just watch your back if you get up for a midnight snack.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

I saw it coming! Congratulations, art101 on the top spot! Well deserved. A tip of my cap to you. Tonight I shall drink a shot of vodka in your honor. Just don't sacrifice any more friends to zombies, ok? ;)

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
bassanimation wrote:Thanks, Narf! Im truly bamboozled by the mouse's powers @_@. Im super glad he's stuck around though. :D He's a great representative for rodent-kind!

I actually had my first Cheese sighting last night, I was at an AMC event and saw somebody with the shirt on!

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
specsmachine wrote:Kitchen Warfare's sales yesterday were the lowest it has had since the design debuted. A new #1 this week is not only likely, but inevitable. Hallowoot shirts deserve the love!

I didn't want to believe you, but you were right anyway. :D

Narfcake

A new #1, but that's not to say that Kitchen Warfare is slacking in any way, as soon it will cross the 10k mark for sales.

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (5) He’ll Probably Be Okay - (+204) to 4998. Approx. 118.35 real time DSR; 52.56 Woot-based DSR
2 (1) Kitchen Warfare - (+71) to 9967. Approx. 55.75 real time DSR; 45.79 Woot-based DSR
3 (2) Click or Treat - (+81) to 5296. Approx. 72.18 real time DSR; 42.08 Woot-based DSR
4 (3) The Binge - (+76) to 50905. Approx. 43.62 real time DSR; 35.82 Woot-based DSR
5 (4) Couldn't Care Less Bear - (+43) to 4392. Approx. 40.05 real time DSR; 32.89 Woot-based DSR
6 (6) Always Leave a Note - (+41) to 5300. Approx. 38.06 real time DSR; 30.44 Woot-based DSR
7 (9) Haunted Scarecrow - (+52) to 4768. Approx. 60.44 real time DSR; 30.2 Woot-based DSR
8 (7) Acquired Taste - (+52) to 18283. Approx. 37.88 real time DSR; 31.11 Woot-based DSR
9 (8) Nevermore - (+46) to 42750. Approx. 36.31 real time DSR; 29.82 Woot-based DSR
10 (10) It Came Out Of Nowhere - (+49) to 33588. Approx. 29.48 real time DSR; 24.21 Woot-based DSR
11 (11) Scrub, My Pretty - (+22) to 3555. Approx. 30.39 real time DSR; 21.94 Woot-based DSR
12 (12) Cell Division - (+37) to 5284. Approx. 26.48 real time DSR; 21.75 Woot-based DSR
13 (13) Keep Driving - (+26) to 4199. Approx. 36.69 real time DSR; 20 Woot-based DSR
14 (14) The Cheese is a Liederkranz - (+33) to 19260. Approx. 23.61 real time DSR; 19.39 Woot-based DSR
15 (15) Questionable Table of Elements - (+40) to 9216. Approx. 21.66 real time DSR; 17.79 Woot-based DSR
16 (17) Celtic Skull - (+21) to 3308. Approx. 22.29 real time DSR; 16.42 Woot-based DSR
17 (16) Morning Powerup - (+19) to 6929. Approx. 20.31 real time DSR; 16.68 Woot-based DSR
18 (18) Boba Fetch - (+30) to 6328. Approx. 19.48 real time DSR; 16 Woot-based DSR
19 (19) Unstealthiest Ninja - (+35) to 11280. Approx. 19.52 real time DSR; 16.04 Woot-based DSR
20 (20) The Rainguard - (+21) to 2610. Approx. 18.42 real time DSR; 14.23 Woot-based DSR
21 (23) Other Uses for Candy Corn - (+24) to 2083. Approx. 23.14 real time DSR; 14.23 Woot-based DSR
22 (21) The Hunt - (+13) to 3028. Approx. 19.67 real time DSR; 13.88 Woot-based DSR
23 (22) Ironic Bunny - (+21) to 2687. Approx. 17.05 real time DSR; 14 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) Lapwing Sunset - (+19) to 2407. Approx. 19.46 real time DSR; 13.38 Woot-based DSR
25 (27) Slow Death - (+51) to 1950. Approx. 33.04 real time DSR; 12.38 Woot-based DSR
26 (25) Luke - (+19) to 5165. Approx. 15.78 real time DSR; 12.96 Woot-based DSR
27 (26) Foxfall - (+31) to 1925. Approx. 18.79 real time DSR; 12.07 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) The Fallen - (+18) to 991. Approx. 9.02 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) Shadow Wolf - (+7) to 343. Approx. 7.02 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
93 (93) Daniel Sans - 1033

The lack of sales for some shirts will hinder their survival (or escape). More than just the real time DSR is the (+__) number. This being the second night, a good number is at least a (+40). Less than that, and that means that DSR is going to be dragged down.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Gotta love the fact that the top spot is a zombie shirt, and immediately following that is something that resembles a gun.

Perhaps woot is privy to some super secret zombie apocolapyse code that can be determined by the reckoning?

Narfcake

BTW, from last night's numbers, these 7 are the ones currently most in danger of being reckoned come Monday ...

Unstealthiest Ninja
Boba Fetch
Lapwing Sunset
Foxfall
The Rainguard
Ironic Bunny
Luke

grahamcrackercoyote

Narfcake wrote:BTW, from last night's numbers, these 7 are the ones currently most in danger of being reckoned come Monday ...

Unstealthiest Ninja
Boba Fetch
Lapwing Sunset
Foxfall
The Rainguard
Ironic Bunny
Luke

So you're telling me I finally have to decide about Ninja - at the same time I may empty my wallet on map shirts?!?

citizencoyote

I'm thinking we're going to have six escapees this week, despite Slow Death's slow crawl up the Danger Zone. I also think Unstealthiest Ninja will somehow manage to survive another week.

Damn it, more predictions. It's a sickness.

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

Yay for the "buy" buttons!