quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

wax on, wax off...

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

arzenika

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arzenika

I don't get it?

lonelypond

quality posts: 424 Private Messages lonelypond

Well, I'm laughing + I actually mostly like the simplistic design so two points there.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

It's a funny design, but I've stopped wearing red shirts ever since a friend of mine had that horrible accident in Star Fleet.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
arzenika wrote:I don't get it?

Karate Kid.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Narfcake wrote:Karate Kid.

Comic Sans... the combo of two jokes. But that font that large still hurts me.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Maybe I should have been a reference librarian?

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson

Since my real name is Daniel do I get some sort of discount? (Guess my last name)

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

Pat Morita is rolling over in his grave

phoenixpinion

quality posts: 2 Private Messages phoenixpinion

I'm one of the Comic Sans haters, but I have to admit, the write-up had me rooting for it a little. Keep fighting the good fight, little Sans!

lesmana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesmana

I'd totally buy this if Daniel didn't have hands or feet.

redria7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7

The vibrant red of the shirt almost made me overlook the fact that the back of his head has been turned into a plum.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

His foot makes the l look like a t. Daniet.

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

Wax font, wax off.

spmadden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spmadden

It uses a Sans Serif font! That's all kinds of graphic designer funny!

Espinos13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Espinos13

i snorted so hard i blew snot! in for 1

The user's going to pick dancing pigs over security every time.

f263u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f263u

Come on guys.

Michael Ironside rule = if Michael Ironside is in your sequel, it doesn't count. EG "The Next Karate Kid," which totally didn't count, even though it brought us future Oscar winner what's her name.

Because if Michael Ironside is in your sequel...

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne
spmadden wrote:It uses a Sans Serif font! That's all kinds of graphic designer funny!

Comic sans, even.

Cuz it's a joke. Comic.

...and the name of the font.

Unfortunately Comic Sans is the bastard child of fonts, and makes Times New Roman cry.

That said, this shirt bugs me too much to buy--I pronounce sans as rhyming with cans, and Daniel-San would rhyme with pawn.

frshsqzedoj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frshsqzedoj
redria7 wrote:The vibrant red of the shirt almost made me overlook the fact that the back of his head has been turned into a plum.

Yeah, what gives?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Does Daniel have a tail? What is that bump in his trunk? No wait, I don't want to know..

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
phoenixpinion wrote:I'm one of the Comic Sans haters, but I have to admit, the write-up had me rooting for it a little. Keep fighting the good fight, little Sans!

+1. Oh, shirt.woot, you have planted many a strange thought in my head, but I NEVER thought you'd find a way to make me sympathetic to Comic Sans!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne
bluetuba wrote:Does Daniel have a tail? What is that bump in his trunk? No wait, I don't want to know..

It's the bottom of the shirt part of his uniform.

missmelis

bluetuba wrote:Does Daniel have a tail? What is that bump in his trunk? No wait, I don't want to know..

Clearly that's the bottom hem of his tunic... and clearly, whatever odd thoughts shirt.woot has been putting in my head, they're not nearly as weird as the ones in yours! ;-)

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Wow. I never thought I would see as simple or direct a color name as the one in today's writeup. Or am I just missing a joke somewhere?

Samstag

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Samstag

Sweep the leg!

jenihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jenihana

As typography geek AND martial artist I appreciate this shirt. We made many jokes at poor Comic Sans' expense in past web design classes. Then we ended up using it in our final design... So, Comic Sans, as long as you're used minimally, an in good taste, I got your back!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Oh I see, that's what happens when you remove lines I guess!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

missmelis

Hey, wait... why no witty color description? Just "Red"? That's boring. How about "Mr. Miyagi Came From the Land of the Red Rising Sun"? Or "In Most Styles of Karate, Only a Grandmaster Can Wear a Red Belt"?

Okay, I admit that neither of those are particularly witty, but at least I tried to be creative. As an added bonus, I just proved to myself that I spend waaay too much time on shirt.woot...

lesmana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesmana
jenihana wrote:As typography geek AND martial artist I appreciate this shirt. We made many jokes at poor Comic Sans' expense in past web design classes. Then we ended up using it in our final design... So, Comic Sans, as long as you're used minimally, an in good taste, I got your back!

As a typography geek, it doesn't bother you that Daniel has serifs?

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack

thought I'd seen this design before...
Congrats on the print

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet

Karate Kid for the NES was always a favorite game of mine as a kid (for whatever reason)

Epic play thru video

jenihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jenihana
lesmana wrote:As a typography geek, it doesn't bother you that Daniel has serifs?

I don't see any serifs. Are you referring to the placement of Daniel's feet on the L? That doesn't bother me. *shrug*

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

I don't get it. Daniel Without? Daniel sans-serif fonts? And why karate? I am confuzzled.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

missmelis

WootBot wrote:(12:27 AM, today) missmelis is appalled, "Hey, wait... why no witty color description? Just "Red"? That's boring."

Aww, I'm sorry, wootstaff. I didn't mean for that to sound so harsh.

I refuse to apologize to WootBot, though. Damn slacker.

tsfisch

quality posts: 40 Private Messages tsfisch

Does someone want to catch me up on why Comic Sans is so hated? I've known for a long time that it was, just not why.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

missmelis wrote:Aww, I'm sorry, wootstaff. I didn't mean for that to sound so harsh.

I refuse to apologize to WootBot, though. Damn slacker.

Heh, no worries. Just digging in the old brain for different verbs, don't ya know.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

Ha ha. Very punny.

stogieman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stogieman
bluejester wrote:It's a funny design, but I've stopped wearing red shirts ever since a friend of mine had that horrible accident in Star Fleet.

"Get him a body bag.... YEAH!"

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS

Why is the back of his head gray?
Oh, it's because Ralph is old now.