ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:So how's son doing this year? Still happy there?

He's doing fine and yes. He's had a pretty easy quarter which was probably a good thing. He'll be home in 2 weeks.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:He's doing fine and yes. He's had a pretty easy quarter which was probably a good thing. He'll be home in 2 weeks.

Any special plans for when he's home?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Any special plans for when he's home?

Not yet. He's such a home body, who knows. I know he wants to go out to eat somewhere as soon as he gets off the plane. He refuses to learn to use the city bus or use the school's bus system to go out to eat so he's always ready for some more exciting when he gets home.

He's also supposed to get a seasonal job. He's actually putting out applications. We'll see how it goes.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Not yet. He's such a home body, who knows. I know he wants to go out to eat somewhere as soon as he gets off the plane. He refuses to learn to use the city bus or use the school's bus system to go out to eat so he's always ready for some more exciting when he gets home.

He's also supposed to get a seasonal job. He's actually putting out applications. We'll see how it goes.

Will he be home until January?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Will he be home until January?

Yep. He flies back on Jan 2, I think.

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
ThunderThighs wrote:Not yet. He's such a home body, who knows. I know he wants to go out to eat somewhere as soon as he gets off the plane. He refuses to learn to use the city bus or use the school's bus system to go out to eat so he's always ready for some more exciting when he gets home.

I hope he finds something!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I hope he finds something!

Me too. He needs to get a work history going. He was supposed to get a job during the last winter break but his dad had his heart attack & surgery. Then this summer was obviously blown out of the water.

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:Me too. He needs to get a work history going. He was supposed to get a job during the last winter break but his dad had his heart attack & surgery. Then this summer was obviously blown out of the water.

Are their any chances for him to pick up some work experience while at school? On campus?

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Morning everyone.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

SO is out with scouts, distributing food drive pamphlets and bags--look for one in your area! And...please...don't take this as a chance to clean out expired items. BSA can't accept them, and we have to toss them out.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! My Mom was more alert yesterday than before her stroke. Today hubby is going to winterize our RV. Have a great weekend!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

RIP Andy Rooney. He'll be remembered as the grumpiest man on tv...but he made people think, and laugh, and sometimes cry.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! My Mom was more alert yesterday than before her stroke. Today hubby is going to winterize our RV. Have a great weekend!

Glad to hear it. Your mom, that is; not the RV.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
ThunderThighs wrote:Always loved riding the ferries. Our favorite weekend day outing was to Whidbey Island with the dogs. There's a great dog-walking beach there.

Done the Underground Tour? Very touristy but still pretty cool.

Wineries?

Salty's on Alki used to be a nice restaurant with a GREAT view. Not sure how it is now but you might look it up.

Good morning. Those ferries are really cool. We went on the Bainbridge ferry because I love to go to Poulsbro (sp?) - had a great lunch and nice time doing the quaint shope - then on to Silverdale. Daughter wanted to stop at the mall for a couple of things and then we came back on the Bremerton ferry. More bang for the buck, so to speak. I asked about the underground tour, and she felt that my foot has not healed well enough and that I would find it unpleasant afterward. She loves it, and maybe next time out I will be able to do that. I am actually doing pretty well walking - yes, even uphill - and doing stairs, etc. There are not those opportunities to test the operating system at home!!! When flying from PHl to SEA, my seatmate was telling me they had a summer place at Whidby. I would love to go there also. My daughter is still thinking that I should move here - if not fulltime, at least for the summer months. Bless her heart, she worries about the old lady; but I do have a full life in FL and I keep telling her "maybe someday" - not sure how many somedays there are where I can still do my own thing as easily as I can now. As we all here know, life changes in a split second.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:Wow! Hanging with the 2%ers now?

I guess the parents are 2%ers. I know the groom isnt - we work together..

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:Good morning. Those ferries are really cool. We went on the Bainbridge ferry because I love to go to Poulsbro (sp?) - had a great lunch and nice time doing the quaint shope - then on to Silverdale. Daughter wanted to stop at the mall for a couple of things and then we came back on the Bremerton ferry. More bang for the buck, so to speak. I asked about the underground tour, and she felt that my foot has not healed well enough and that I would find it unpleasant afterward. She loves it, and maybe next time out I will be able to do that. I am actually doing pretty well walking - yes, even uphill - and doing stairs, etc. There are not those opportunities to test the operating system at home!!! When flying from PHl to SEA, my seatmate was telling me they had a summer place at Whidby. I would love to go there also. My daughter is still thinking that I should move here - if not fulltime, at least for the summer months. Bless her heart, she worries about the old lady; but I do have a full life in FL and I keep telling her "maybe someday" - not sure how many somedays there are where I can still do my own thing as easily as I can now. As we all here know, life changes in a split second.

Glad you are having such a good time! It's hard for us children when we want to be close to our parents, but need to live far away. We wish our Mommys would join us.

Finally starting to feel better. Hi all, or GMan as it may be.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
KtCallista wrote:Glad you are having such a good time! It's hard for us children when we want to be close to our parents, but need to live far away. We wish our Mommys would join us.

Finally starting to feel better. Hi all, or GMan as it may be.

Yep, it's hard when any immediate family member is far away, but especially an elderly parent. Just feel like a piece of yourself in missing even when you talk with them frequently and see them as often as possible.

Finally got around to reading back. Sorry to hear that many of you have been going through a lot lately. Seems like in PWA when it rains it pours. Thinking of everyone and sending my best wishes to all of you and your families.

No1, I'd give you a weather report but I haven't even looked out the window today. I can say for sure that the sun came up, but that's about all I know. ;P

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Yep, it's hard when any immediate family member is far away, but especially an elderly parent. Just feel like a piece of yourself in missing even when you talk with them frequently and see them as often as possible.

Finally got around to reading back. Sorry to hear that many of you have been going through a lot lately. Seems like in PWA when it rains it pours. Thinking of everyone and sending my best wishes to all of you and your families.

No1, I'd give you a weather report but I haven't even looked out the window today. I can say for sure that the sun came up, but that's about all I know. ;P

Hi Lplady! How are things for you?

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
KtCallista wrote:Hi Lplady! How are things for you?

I'm doing alright, thanks for asking. Have just been very busy with family and therefore not much time to do much else. Though I was pretty productive here today. Managed to knock off 32 Christmas gifts from my list in the past few hours. YAY! It's a start at least.

Now I need a nap. My eyes are going bonkers from the computer screen. Guess I lost my tolerance from not being on it a lot lately.

Have a good weekend PWAers!

KtCallista

lplady wrote:I'm doing alright, thanks for asking. Have just been very busy with family and therefore not much time to do much else. Though I was pretty productive here today. Managed to knock off 32 Christmas gifts from my list in the past few hours. YAY! It's a start at least.

Now I need a nap. My eyes are going bonkers from the computer screen. Guess I lost my tolerance from not being on it a lot lately.

Have a good weekend PWAers!

Guess that means I should start my Christmas shopping list... hmmm

pooflady

T-shirt people:
I just got three T-shirts from Cafe Press and when I started to wrap them noticed that each one has a large square on the front that's just a barely discernible lighter color. Is this common?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
pooflady wrote:T-shirt people:
I just got three T-shirts from Cafe Press and when I started to wrap them noticed that each one has a large square on the front that's just a barely discernible lighter color. Is this common?

Yes. That's just where they had it secured for the printing process. It will wash out.

move along

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:T-shirt people:

You had all those coupons for woot and you bought cafe press shirts????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon.

No.

Night.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You had all those coupons for woot and you bought cafe press shirts????

These had particular wording on them.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:These had particular wording on them.

Sure.

Watching a special about comics on PBS.

Just saw Richard Pryor's Dead honkey skit.

Now they are doing Carlin . 7 words. Hard to follow, since they are still beeped out!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Doggie needs a bath.

The question is....do it at woofer wash, where I rent a nice sink at waist level for a reasonable cost. They include all the shampoo and brushes you need.
Or
Bring him to Daughters friend, who is a groomer.
The groomer is expensive. With tip, 4 times as much as renting the sink.
She had a run of horrible luck and needs the job. But 4 times as much!
Maybe I'll wash him this time and bring him to her in the winter.

I gave up doing the bath in the bathroom long ago. It makes too much of a mess.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Don't forget to set your clock back.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Doggie needs a bath.

The question is....do it at woofer wash, where I rent a nice sink at waist level for a reasonable cost. They include all the shampoo and brushes you need.
Or
Bring him to Daughters friend, who is a groomer.
The groomer is expensive. With tip, 4 times as much as renting the sink.
She had a run of horrible luck and needs the job. But 4 times as much!
Maybe I'll wash him this time and bring him to her in the winter.

I gave up doing the bath in the bathroom long ago. It makes too much of a mess.

I agree. Do it yourself now, in the winter use her.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Don't forget to set your clock back.

I have a dilemma. My alarm clock is supposed to reset itself when the time changes. I can't remember if it did that this spring or not. I need to set the alarm for tomorrow morning. If I change the time now, and it resets itself, my alarm is going to be off. If I don't change the time and it doesn't reset itself, the alarm is going to be off.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I agree. Do it yourself now, in the winter use her.

Sounds good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I have a dilemma. My alarm clock is supposed to reset itself when the time changes. I can't remember if it did that this spring or not. I need to set the alarm for tomorrow morning. If I change the time now, and it resets itself, my alarm is going to be off. If I don't change the time and it doesn't reset itself, the alarm is going to be off.

No backup clock?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I think that woot should have a Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia for the east coast only.
Because at 2am, it is 1am again. So we should have two woots!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:No backup clock?

No. Although I could set the reminder on the microwave. I might hear it. Eventually.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I think that woot should have a Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia for the east coast only.
Because at 2am, it is 1am again. So we should have two woots!

Sounds good to me.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Sounds good to me.

Think Daj has enough power to program the computer to do it?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!