KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:My grandmother had one in the basement. In case the new machine broke?
Round with the wringer on top. It wasn't hooked up, so I never got to play with it.



They had one set up at the Historical Society Ice Cream Social this year. They let all the kids wash hankerchiefs.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
klozitshoper wrote:It makes you feel like you have been put through a wringer (old saying - you are maybe too young to remember those old washers!)



We had one when I was a kid. Stuck my hand in just to see what would happen. ONCE

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Rusty had his bath today. Do it yourself place.
Smells nice.
Too bad you aren't suppose to bathe them every week. A nice, soft, clean dog is so nice!

But ever 4 weeks, tops. He'll smell in 10 days.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:We had one when I was a kid. Stuck my hand in just to see what would happen. ONCE



You would! My uncle made me so scared of electric fans that I still can't touch the grating on one unless it's turned off AND unplugged.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:They had one set up at the Historical Society Ice Cream Social this year. They let all the kids wash hankerchiefs.



Oh, gawd! Historical society. Let me get my cane.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Oh, gawd! Historical society. Let me get my cane.



They also had a room featuring the history of local radio, right up through the Elvis days.... ;)

When you grow up in a state that turns 100 while you're in your teens, history is relative.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:You would! My uncle made me so scared of electric fans that I still can't touch the grating on one unless it's turned off AND unplugged.



Stuck my fingers in one of those too. It hurt. NEVER tell me not to do something.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Well that was exciting.

Hubby said, Can you clean my eyeglasses. I forgot to and I put on hand cream and it got on them.

How hard could that be?

I went into the kitchen, because I have found shampoo and dishwashing detergent work best on eyeglasses.

Went to dry them. Got a napkin from under the sink to dry them.

and



bugs!!!!!

Bugs that looked like dust or paper. Except some of the dust had legs.

Somehow some dog kibble got under there. (It is under there, but in sealed containers.)

So, I had to empty under the sink (corner sink, lots of space under it.)
Throw out most of the stuff.
Wash everything I kept..
Wash the inside of the cabinet.
Empty the food drawers in the next cabinet. Throw out all that open food, Clean that cabinet. (no bugs, but this whole infestation was only a few days old, why take chances.)
Check cabinet on the other side, but that has no food.

So, now I have some clean cabinets, a sort of clean floor, clean countertop. Lots of garbage, but it is garbage day.

Then washed the clothes I had on and took a shower.

Where the hell did they come from? I was in the back of that cabinet two days ago.
They looked like dusty dirt.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Well that was exciting.

Hubby said, Can you clean my eyeglasses. I forgot to and I put on hand cream and it got on them.

How hard could that be?

I went into the kitchen, because I have found shampoo and dishwashing detergent work best on eyeglasses.

Went to dry them. Got a napkin from under the sink to dry them.

and



bugs!!!!!

Bugs that looked like dust or paper. Except some of the dust had legs.

Somehow some dog kibble got under there. (It is under there, but in sealed containers.)

So, I had to empty under the sink (corner sink, lots of space under it.)
Throw out most of the stuff.
Wash everything I kept..
Wash the inside of the cabinet.
Empty the food drawers in the next cabinet. Throw out all that open food, Clean that cabinet. (no bugs, but this whole infestation was only a few days old, why take chances.)
Check cabinet on the other side, but that has no food.

So, now I have some clean cabinets, a sort of clean floor, clean countertop. Lots of garbage, but it is garbage day.

Then washed the clothes I had on and took a shower.

Where the hell did they come from? I was in the back of that cabinet two days ago.
They looked like dusty dirt.



Did hubby ever get his glasses?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

LOL, news report, two guys robbing cellphones,iphones and tablets in the subway.
The are pictures of the guys.

Suggested solution?
Read paper books and newspapers and leave your phone in your purse!

Really????
People have to be told to read a paper book, not a kindle in the subway??????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Did hubby ever get his glasses?



Yeah,, he took his glasses and went to bed.

I am a horrible housekeeper, but I'm good at a total rip it apart and clean it out type things.

But we had no bug spray and I wasn't going to get dressed to go out and get some.
Might get some tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Watching the news, a story about a bunch of parents who have started camping out today in line to enroll their kids in a magnet elementary school that will be taken applications a WEEK FROM TUESDAY.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oklahoma had earthquakes yesterday and today?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Oklahoma had earthquakes yesterday and today?



Yes.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Watching the news, a story about a bunch of parents who have started camping out today in line to enroll their kids in a magnet elementary school that will be taken applications a WEEK FROM TUESDAY.



There were all sorts of stories when my kids were little. People in Manhattan trying to get unborn kids on the list for the proper nursery school. That feeds into the proper grade school, to the proper high school that is a feeder school to the Ivy league.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yes.



I wonder if there is a map of fault lines?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:There were all sorts of stories when my kids were little. People in Manhattan trying to get unborn kids on the list for the proper nursery school. That feeds into the proper grade school, to the proper high school that is a feeder school to the Ivy league.



This isn't a "proper" school, public school with a really good reputation. Actually, it's a German language school, which seems odd.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Watching the news, a story about a bunch of parents who have started camping out today in line to enroll their kids in a magnet elementary school that will be taken applications a WEEK FROM TUESDAY.



Honestly, if we had a school that could do more for Ver1 I'd be in line too (or make Orc cammp out). Her school isn't bad, but she's already bored, and they just don't have the resources they need to keep her moving. I mean the teacher is trying, but it's all independent study stuff with no direction.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:This isn't a "proper" school, public school with a really good reputation. Actually, it's a German language school, which seems odd.



Foriegn language schools have really good reputations, plus there is a lot of evidence that show kids do well with multiple languages. I have a jewish friend who is sending her daughter to a spanish language school and suggested I do the same for Ver1 as it would give her stuff to learn, whilse she waits for her class to catch up, but we don't have any here.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:This isn't a "proper" school, public school with a really good reputation. Actually, it's a German language school, which seems odd.



In nyc you tend to go to private. But even with that you have to get into the right one.
Not normal people, Manhattan rich people.
Kids not even born yet!

Haven't heard about that in a long time.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:In nyc you tend to go to private. But even with that you have to get into the right one.
Not normal people, Manhattan rich people.
Kids not even born yet!

Haven't heard about that in a long time.



I think the baby boom slowed with the recession. Plus those schools cost more than most mortgages!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Foriegn language schools have really good reputations, plus there is a lot of evidence that show kids do well with multiple languages. I have a jewish friend who is sending her daughter to a spanish language school and suggested I do the same for Ver1 as it would give her stuff to learn, whilse she waits for her class to catch up, but we don't have any here.



Haven't heard of that, but I know they were starting a language immersion program in the grade schools.
Spanish and Chinese (which ever one is spoken in Hong Kong)]
Kids spend most or all of the day speaking that language.

But I don't know if it made it past the budget cuts.

Daughters friends told her after the third language, it is easy.
Most of these kids learned an Asian language as babies. English in school, or home and Spanish or French as a subject.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Haven't heard of that, but I know they were starting a language immersion program in the grade schools.
Spanish and Chinese (which ever one is spoken in Hong Kong)]
Kids spend most or all of the day speaking that language.

But I don't know if it made it past the budget cuts.

Daughters friends told her after the third language, it is easy.
Most of these kids learned an Asian language as babies. English in school, or home and Spanish or French as a subject.



That would be cantonese. Ver1 gets a little Spanish each week, but it's not enough. She is also attending a sign language class with her dad, which is good. I'd love for her to learn Mandarin (the other chinese language).

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I think the baby boom slowed with the recession. Plus those schools cost more than most mortgages!



About the same as college. 30 grand a year and up.
These are super rich people.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:About the same as college. 30 grand a year and up.
These are super rich people.



Still, if you have kids ready for preschool, unless you are from old money the economy has you rethinking that a bit.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:Rusty had his bath today. Do it yourself place.
Smells nice.
Too bad you aren't suppose to bathe them every week. A nice, soft, clean dog is so nice!

But ever 4 weeks, tops. He'll smell in 10 days.



you are allowed to bathe them more often. There isn't a law or something.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:I wonder if there is a map of fault lines?



I've been to Oklahoma..believe me when I tell you there is nothing there that can be ruined by an earthquake.


Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:Done hospital duty for the day.

Looooong day it is



Great Son-in-law you are

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning all.

as to the time change - I don't have a hard time adjusting to the Fall Back change at all. Works out great - makes it easier to get up on time.

Spring forward is harder to adjust to, I'm ususlly off kilter for a week. But... I don't mind because I prefer it to be daylight longer in the evening.

seems to be a fair trade I guess.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
dontwantaname wrote:I wonder if there is a map of fault lines?



USGS.gov has fault line maps.

But it won't help for the OK quakes--those aren't happening on fault lines. They're from injection wells in the area.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Finished all the work on the built-in entertainment center modding so no it's just adding a top to it. Wanted to go hard surface but it's close to the kitchen and if/when I update the kitchen counter (currently white laminate), I would want them to match or at least coordinate. Bit the bullet and bought granite for kitchen and the entertainment center. That meant buying a new undercount sink and cooktop. Sigh.

Color is Ubatuba. Pretty popular so you can google it easily. Has a green tint to it.

Other than that, it's Monday. Double sigh.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Finished all the work on the built-in entertainment center modding so no it's just adding a top to it. Wanted to go hard surface but it's close to the kitchen and if/when I update the kitchen counter (currently white laminate), I would want them to match or at least coordinate. Bit the bullet and bought granite for kitchen and the entertainment center. That meant buying a new undercount sink and cooktop. Sigh.

Color is Ubatuba. Pretty popular so you can google it easily. Has a green tint to it.

Other than that, it's Monday. Double sigh.



Very pretty.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning all. Difficult to sleep through the contractors working. Not looking forward to after they take the wall down and they'll be inside!



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:Stuck my fingers in one of those too. It hurt. NEVER tell me not to do something.



Please Please Please don't send me any money. Just wouldn't be good for you...

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
AZGman wrote:And there are really only four of us left; everyone else is a pretender to the name. Apologists and wannabes may weigh in now.



I can't decide....Am I an apologist, or a wannabe?

I guess I choose wannabe, as it at least implies aspiration.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

j5 wrote:I can't decide....Am I an apologist, or a wannabe?

I guess I choose wannabe, as it at least implies aspiration.


Seeing as you're closing in on 2000 posts, I think you qualify as a full-fledged post whore - The Next Generation.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Seeing as you're closing in on 2000 posts, I think you qualify as a full-fledged post whore - The Next Generation.



Would that be PWA-TNG?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."