pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:You're just jealous

You betcha!

Morning everyone.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:You're just jealous

It would be handy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Dishwasher came at 7:05am
Now, you know that if someone was staying home from work, that would never happen!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Dishwasher came at 7:05am
Now, you know that if someone was staying home from work, that would never happen!

Which make/model did you select?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Which make/model did you select?

Bosch SHE43R52UC

Because it was on sale, in stock and was the only one of the ones we might have wanted, that could be delivered today.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Bosch SHE43R52UC

Because it was on sale, in stock and was the only one of the ones we might have wanted, that could be delivered today.

Very lovely.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Bosch SHE43R52UC

Looks good!

Guess I need to find a new dishwasher soap.... Orc ran a load without any soap because we are out and the dishes came cleaner than they do with the soap.

Anyone got a favorite for use with hard water that doesn't have a strong fragrance (or any fragrance?)

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Now I have to figure out how to load it.
I wonder where the big things go?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
KtCallista wrote:Looks good!

Guess I need to find a new dishwasher soap.... Orc ran a load without any soap because we are out and the dishes came cleaner than they do with the soap.

Anyone got a favorite for use with hard water that doesn't have a strong fragrance (or any fragrance?)

all of the soaps have been neutered by the removal of phosphates. Good for the environment, bad for clean dishes. We dumped cascade for store brand and it seemed to do better, but it's just a shadow as compared to the prior iteration.

move along

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Looks good!

I like Cascade Complete, the little pillow thingies.

btw, when I got the new silverware, the instsructions said to never use lemon-flavored dishwashing stuff, it pits silverware. I'm talking stainless steel.

KtCallista

j5 wrote:all of the soaps have been neutered by the removal of phosphates. Good for the environment, bad for clean dishes. We dumped cascade for store brand and it seemed to do better, but it pales to the prior iteration.

My bigger issue is the fragrance, since I'm sensitive to synthetic smells (keytones, etc).
I know about the no more phosphates, heck I'm just about to add phosphates into my web model

Aw well. . . I guess we'll just try stuff I can sniff at the grocery store if no one has any suggestions.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I like Cascade Complete, the little pillow thingies.

btw, when I got the new silverware, the instsructions said to never use lemon-flavored dishwashing stuff, it pits silverware. I'm talking stainless steel.

We had problems with our Oneida knives rusting. They said the lifetime warranty is voided if we used lemon scented detergent. But I'm allergic to it, so they had to replace the knives twice. Now we hand wash them.

(wasn't shunning your post, didn't see it right off)

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:btw, when I got the new silverware, the instsructions said to never use lemon-flavored dishwashing stuff, it pits silverware. I'm talking stainless steel.

how would you know whether it was lemon flavoured unless you tasted it?

pooflady

no1 wrote:how would you know whether it was lemon flavoured unless you tasted it?

Maybe by reading the front of the container?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

This dishwasher is absurdly quiet.
It has a light to tell you if it is running, because you can hardly hear it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:how would you know whether it was lemon flavoured unless you tasted it?

I will send you all my cleaning stuff.
You can taste it all for me and let me know if it is lemon.

Is your life insurance paid up?
You will need it if you drink too much of the stuff

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:This dishwasher is absurdly quiet.
It has a light to tell you if it is running, because you can hardly hear it.

Isn't that nice?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Maybe by reading the front of the container?

most of them describe a scent, not the flavor.

man, that's the last time i try to make a joke in pwa.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:most of them describe a scent, not the flavor.

You make jokes?????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

g'night.

pooflady

no1 wrote:most of them describe a scent, not the flavor.

You just need to make better jokes.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:g'night.

What do you mean, g'night? You weren't even here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Almost 2 hours for the dishwasher. Yet it claims to be energy efficient.

No more timing the dog walk by the dishwasher.
I use to be able to know we were out long enough if the was cycle was done.

I'm not walking for two hours!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Almost 2 hours for the dishwasher. Yet it claims to be energy efficient.

No more timing the dog walk by the dishwasher.
I use to be able to know we were out long enough if the was cycle was done.

I'm not walking for two hours!

Mine depends on how dirty the dishes are. There's a sensor at the beginning and so it goes different lengths of time. I think the most is about 90 minutes.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Mine depends on how dirty the dishes are. There's a sensor at the beginning and so it goes different lengths of time. I think the most is about 90 minutes.

115 minutes for regular wash.

Some models had a fast 30 minute wash, not this model

There is one cycle that goes 95 to 119 minutes.

But so quiet it needs a buzzer to tell you it is done.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

j5

KtCallista wrote:My bigger issue is the fragrance, since I'm sensitive to synthetic smells (keytones, etc).

you mentioned that it cleaned better without soap than with. I offered a reason as to why. We use the great value product, it seems adequate to the task.

FWIW no1, I got your joke.

move along

KtCallista

j5 wrote:you mentioned that it cleaned better without soap than with. I offered a reason as to why. We use the great value product, it seems adequate to the task.

FWIW no1, I got your joke.

yup yup, I know. I also mentioned the scent issue. I suppose I should use something, I'm allergic to most products (most are lemon) and if I can't run the dishwasher while I'm home and eat off the plates after there's not much point in that.

Just curious if anyone had a favorite non-smelly product. I believe great value is lemon scented, though, but thanks. I used to be able to tolerate cascade, then they changed their formula and the one we used to buy was only available at one place that wasn't really close by so we'd stock up, now we can't get it at all. (I should also note that I can build up a tolerance to certain fragrances, so even if something uses a fragrance I may be able to use it IF I can get used to it and it's not that strong.)

Why does everyone think that in order to clean your stuff (clothes, dishes, floors, whatever) it needs to smell?

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:yup yup, I know. I also mentioned the scent issue. I suppose I should use something, I'm allergic to most products (most are lemon) and if I can't run the dishwasher while I'm home and eat off the plates after there's not much point in that.

Just curious if anyone had a favorite non-smelly product. I believe great value is lemon scented, though, but thanks. I used to be able to tolerate cascade, then they changed their formula and the one we used to buy was only available at one place that wasn't really close by so we'd stock up, now we can't get it at all. (I should also note that I can build up a tolerance to certain fragrances, so even if something uses a fragrance I may be able to use it IF I can get used to it and it's not that strong.)

Why does everyone think that in order to clean your stuff (clothes, dishes, floors, whatever) it needs to smell?

Not just stuff. It starts with your washer and then your fabric softener. The soap or shower gel you use. Your shampoo. Your conditioner. Your hair spray if you use it. Your lotion. Your deodorant. Since almost all of these fragrances are different, it seems like we'd smell awful. Since we don't, I don't think we need any of them. I always buy unscented.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:yup yup, I know. I also mentioned the scent issue. I suppose I should use something, I'm allergic to most products (most are lemon) and if I can't run the dishwasher while I'm home and eat off the plates after there's not much point in that.

I dunno, probably whatever you are trying to clean stinks.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Not just stuff. It starts with your washer and then your fabric softener. The soap or shower gel you use. Your shampoo. Your conditioner. Your hair spray if you use it. Your lotion. Your deodorant. Since almost all of these fragrances are different, it seems like we'd smell awful. Since we don't, I don't think we need any of them. I always buy unscented.

Me too. Especially laundry detergent.
It is a pia to find unscented cat litter.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Me too. Especially laundry detergent.
It is a pia to find unscented cat litter.

It used to be a pita to find almost anything unscented. All of a suddent it's getting popular. Maybe it's green.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I do like rosmary mint shampoo.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:It used to be a pita to find almost anything unscented. All of a suddent it's getting popular. Maybe it's green.

Maybe it's cheaper for the manufacturer not to add the scent increasing profit.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:It used to be a pita to find almost anything unscented. All of a suddent it's getting popular. Maybe it's green.

More and more people have chemical sensitivities. The fragrances in everything are a leading cause of migraines (overload, my theory). I buy lots of unscented stuff too, especially deodorant. I have a couple scents I can tolerate and I still like, but some of my family members can't be around them.

My Mom loves fragrances, my dad is highly sensitive, especially to her favorite perfumes, they give him migraines right off.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Maybe it's cheaper for the manufacturer not to add the scent increasing profit.

I hope so.

j5

KtCallista wrote:I believe great value is lemon scented, though, but thanks.

The box in front of me contains the following:
Sodium Carbonate
Sodium Sylicate
Enzymes.
That's it
I have another box labeled "Fresh Scent" and it has the same ingredients. Neither one has a very pleasant smell.

Around here it's tough to find unscented detergents without going to Dreft or something. We get All free and clear when we can find it, but the stores are awash with ocean breeze, summer breeze, poppy fields, cookie dough, etc.

Protip: Tom's deodorants don't work worth a tinker's damn.

eta: scent is a marketing gimmick, plain and simple.

move along

pooflady

j5 wrote:The box in front of me contains the following:
Sodium Carbonate
Sodium Sylicate
Enzymes.
That's it
I have another box labeled "Fresh Scent" and it has the same ingredients. Neither one has a very pleasant smell.

Around here it's tough to find unscented detergents without going to Dreft or something. We get All free and clear when we can find it, but the stores are awash with ocean breeze, summer breeze, poppy fields, cookie dough, etc.

Protip: Tom's deodorants don't work worth a tinker's damn.

eta: scent is a marketing gimmick, plain and simple.

Question: I see all these room freshners that say they remove odors, don't just cover them up. Yet they all have titles like above. Sometimes I'd like one to take away the smell of frying bacon or other food preparations, but I don't think there is anything.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Question: I see all these room freshners that say they remove odors, don't just cover them up. Yet they all have titles like above. Sometimes I'd like one to take away the smell of frying bacon or other food preparations, but I don't think there is anything.

I had Oust. They made a tiny (maybe 5 inches by 2 inches) dispenser that you could stick to the wall. Then they had a little bottle that fit in it. One spray took the oder out of the small bathroom.
Then they stopped making the refill. Then they stopped making oust.

The smell went away faster than other air fresheners.

Oh well.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I had Oust. They made a tiny (maybe 5 inches by 2 inches) dispenser that you could stick to the wall. Then they had a little bottle that fit in it. One spray took the oder out of the small bathroom.
Then they stopped making the refill. Then they stopped making oust.

The smell went away faster than other air fresheners.

Oh well.

Then did it have a different odor? I can't even stand scented candles, and you want to know how hard it is to find unscented ones? Sometimes you can get white ones that aren't scented.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Then did it have a different odor? I can't even stand scented candles, and you want to know how hard it is to find unscented ones? Sometimes you can get white ones that aren't scented.

The oust was sented, but the sent went away fast.

I can handle vanilla candles, if it isn't that strong.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!