kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:scrap cake was declared good, so I'll frost the others for the cake walk.

I hope GMan is able to get some sleep.

Ice - sorry there was another rough night.

pictures of the recipe cake looked good.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:Is anyone taking time off at Thanksgiving? (besides Thanksgiving)

I'm 'off' starting Friday, through Thanksgiving week and the following Monday. Step-mom comes in town tomorrow night. I'll visit with her this weekend. Monday I'll leave for NM to visit my mom and come back Sunday.

Going Black Friday shopping at Wally World.

I've never done that much for Thanksgiving. I was surprised someone started a petition to get Target to open later so that employees could spend the day with family. I laughed, my dad NEVER had Thanksgiving off, we just worked around his schedule. It's not like school was out long enough to go anywhere and see anyone other than the usual people anyway. We don't even get enough time to drive to my parents even IF my dad wasn't working.

Not sure if I'll do any black friday shopping. My sister is going to try to pick up a Kindle 3 for my Mom and I am supposed to watch Amazon for a Kindle 4 for my Grandma (they'll share an account).

I don't even know what to get Ver1 for Christmas (or her birthday in Dec)...

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:pictures of the recipe cake looked good.

Tasted like cake, yum. I made decorator icing to go on it instead of the "buttercream", although I may write that recipe down for another time. For the scrap I did a tye-dye swirl with the colors and Ver1 wants me to do that for her birthday cake. I think I can handle that.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:Tasted like cake, yum. I made decorator icing to go on it instead of the "buttercream", although I may write that recipe down for another time. For the scrap I did a tye-dye swirl with the colors and Ver1 wants me to do that for her birthday cake. I think I can handle that.

sounds good! If it makes her happy, then the goal is met

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
AZGman wrote:Thanks; we'll see how sleeping goes.

Salad is hard to digest sometimes. Do you have any soup on hand? With crackers.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
KtCallista wrote:I've never done that much for Thanksgiving. I was surprised someone started a petition to get Target to open later so that employees could spend the day with family. I laughed, my dad NEVER had Thanksgiving off, we just worked around his schedule. It's not like school was out long enough to go anywhere and see anyone other than the usual people anyway. We don't even get enough time to drive to my parents even IF my dad wasn't working.

Not sure if I'll do any black friday shopping. My sister is going to try to pick up a Kindle 3 for my Mom and I am supposed to watch Amazon for a Kindle 4 for my Grandma (they'll share an account).

I don't even know what to get Ver1 for Christmas (or her birthday in Dec)...

My daughter has a December birthday. We always had her party around mid November because Christmas was always such a busy time. She was actually due Nov. 17, so that is what it became!

kdccrosby

klozitshoper wrote:Salad is hard to digest sometimes. Do you have any soup on hand? With crackers.

salad has the opposite effect on me than G'man probably wants right now. TMI, I know.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:sounds good! If it makes her happy, then the goal is met

Yup! She wants a rainbow/unicorn party. She's never had a pinata, but wants one so we are thinking of making a rainbow one. Need to book a place pretty quick though.

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:My daughter has a December birthday. We always had her party around mid November because Christmas was always such a busy time. She was actually due Nov. 17, so that is what it became!

I always say we will do her half birthday in the spring, but we never have (well we one time had a friend gathering, but only once). The worst for us is that we can't do the party at home because there just isn't room to have people over. I mean even if I stacked everything, but the chairs away in hidding it'd still be super snug for a kid function.

With it being a University town getting a place between dead week and finals is a trick.

kdccrosby

I finally set up Google+

so far, the only people I can find to add are Woot people

Edit: Do I get notified if someone adds me to a circle? I'm adding people - are they notified I added them?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:I finally set up Google+

I was there. I looked around and felt like I was in a big empty room with posters. No one I knew.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I finally set up Google+

Edit: Do I get notified if someone adds me to a circle? I'm adding people - are they notified I added them?

yes, it shows up in the little box in the upper right corner and I get an email, if you are set up for emails you will get one of those as well.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I was there. I looked around and felt like I was in a big empty room with posters. No one I knew.

I'm confused.

I never really have gotten into twitter either.

I'm just so sick of this last batch of changes FB put in. I want to control what I see in my news feed, and FB has made that really difficult. Either my friends quit posting so much, or I'm just not seeing it all anymore

Edit - there are too many people with your name. I can't find which one is you!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I was there. I looked around and felt like I was in a big empty room with posters. No one I knew.

Since they opened pages for companies and websites this last week it's been better. I am following NASA and they have lots of cool stuff. I'm going to give one to Ver1's teacher since they just started a solar system unit. It's an interactive tour of the solar system from all the probe data.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I'm confused.

I never really have gotten into twitter either.

I'm just so sick of this last batch of changes FB put in. I want to control what I see in my news feed, and FB has made that really difficult. Either my friends quit posting so much, or I'm just not seeing it all anymore

Edit - there are too many people with your name. I can't find which one is you!

Really? You mean on FB?

No, that can't be right, we're friends on FB.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Really? You mean on FB?

No, that can't be right, we're friends on FB.

No - I meant I couldn't find you on Google+.

We are definitely friends on FB, and following each other around on Twitter, or whatever you call it.

Edit: Gotta head to bed. Night all!

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:No - I meant I couldn't find you on Google+.

We are definitely friends on FB, and following each other around on Twitter, or whatever you call it.

Edit: Gotta head to bed. Night all!

I probably couldn't find me on Google+. Was only there once and was completely confused.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I probably couldn't find me on Google+. Was only there once and was completely confused.

Knowing what I know about you, I think I see you on G+. You don't have much there, just your name and home city, and you are following one journalist.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:Good morning all.

I hope you have a good day Ice.

I hope you woke up feeling well GMan

Goodnight all.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Ice, my Mom is about where she was before her stroke. She is sleeping a lot and I don't think she knows who I am most of the time. But she is eating a little and doesn't seem to be in any pain.

We hope to go to the beach for Thanksgiving. We hope to leave on Monday after school and come back on Sunday but life is way too complicated to plan past this cup of coffee. Oil has been changed and new windshield wipers so we are ready.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks. Slept better but not great; still almost overslept!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

So, a friend of mine recently competed in the Tough Mudder.

I think I'm going to sign up for one.

I think this might make me more than a little bit crazy.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Morning!

So, a friend of mine recently competed in the Tough Mudder.

I think I'm going to sign up for one.

I think this might make me more than a little bit crazy.

We'll need pics.

Good morning, everyone.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:We'll need pics.

Good morning, everyone.

I'm not sure taking pictures will be my focus. :p

kdccrosby

morning everybody

I have to explain to someone that yes, we were serious when we said everyone had to be here by 8:30, and that this does apply to them.

I also have to explain that we are a tax department, and need to at least appear professional. Therefore cutesy calligraphy fonts and backgrounds on our emails are not appropriate.

*sigh*

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Back in iPad h.e.l.l.

Hope everyone that needs to get better does so soon!

Time off: I get next week off on day job. I'm taking Fri-Sun off here. Gonna spend time with the boy. Be nice to Gatz - he's having to cover for me.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kdccrosby wrote:Is anyone taking time off at Thanksgiving? (besides Thanksgiving)

No, but I'm taking the day after Christmas off.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

I have used all my vacation for the year, and sick leave (stupid spring sinus infections kicked my behiney). So, for the remainder of the year, my only days off are holidays. Thanksgiving and the day after, and the last week of December. No complaints, that's lots of time.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Back in iPad h.e.l.l.

Hope everyone that needs to get better does so soon!

Time off: I get next week off on day job. I'm taking Fri-Sun off here. Gonna spend time with the boy. Be nice to Gatz - he's having to cover for me.

Wanna do mine while you are at it?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:I have used all my vacation for the year, and sick leave (stupid spring sinus infections kicked my behiney). So, for the remainder of the year, my only days off are holidays. Thanksgiving and the day after, and the last week of December. No complaints, that's lots of time.

That is a lot of time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:I have used all my vacation for the year, and sick leave (stupid spring sinus infections kicked my behiney). So, for the remainder of the year, my only days off are holidays. Thanksgiving and the day after, and the last week of December. No complaints, that's lots of time.

I remember having time off like that, in theory (which means if you even tried to ask for that much you would be heavily pressured not to). But new job this year means not so much time off. Still going to be able to take a couple half-days and a full day off in December, so I'm happy.

I am a little envious though, in a good way. Any big plans for that last week?

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:I remember having time off like that, in theory (which means if you even tried to ask for that much you would be heavily pressured not to). But new job this year means not so much time off. Still going to be able to take a couple half-days and a full day off in December, so I'm happy.

First time I've worked some place like this. Previously jobs were mostly State or Federal government, so having a week shut down is odd.

Last year, we flew to Texas, spent New Years with some friends. I think this year we will stay home, get some work done around the house. I'd really like to find homes for all the kitchen stuff--or at least finish sorting it into 'keep' and 'pitch' piles!

KtCallista

Plaster drying in the corner... needs another go to finish covering the support look nice thingy. When I did the other inside corner though it took 3 days to dry so I'm trying to do this one in two goes hoping it will be dry enough to sand by Saturday.

Really tired today, does not bode well for productivity. I think I'll end up crashing come Thanksgiving, but that could be good too, not going anywhere anyway.

My sister didn't get any time off again this year so she's already put in for a 2 week vacation next year (summer I think) and is going to Maui. I'm proud of her for it. My dad worked there for 25 years and went years and years losing vacation time because he couldn't get payout or rollover on it because he never took any.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:I remember having time off like that, in theory (which means if you even tried to ask for that much you would be heavily pressured not to). But new job this year means not so much time off. Still going to be able to take a couple half-days and a full day off in December, so I'm happy.

Hubby got straight time, or time off for overtime. This was his first job out of college.
I was working part time, so we had 4 to six weeks vacation.
We had a backpackers tent, so we didn't need to stay in hotels.
We were up and down the east coast, from Maine to Florida.
There were relatives in New Orleans, so we went there a bunch of times.

Now, he doesn't have the time to take his whole vacation. Then this year we picked the week with the hurricane and couldn't even do day trips because of flooding!
Could have been worse. We kept our power and didn't have anything planned, that would have to have been canceled.

Hubby is thinking if he can't take the time, he might just ask for pay.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

For todays excitement, I am going to the new supermarket, that has double coupons!
It has been open two weeks, the crowd must have thinned out by now.

First I better walk Rusty. It is raining, so I'm not going far with him.

Then I'll go to the drug store and pick up some prescriptions! WOW!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:For todays excitement, I am going to the new supermarket, that has double coupons!
It has been open two weeks, the crowd must have thinned out by now.

First I better walk Rusty. It is raining, so I'm not going far with him.

Then I'll go to the drug store and pick up some prescriptions! WOW!

Try not to get too excited.

Although, I have to admit, I like new supermarkets, too.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Try not to get too excited.

Although, I have to admit, I like new supermarkets, too.

I like them too.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Wanna do mine while you are at it?

Instead of using your iPad at home, take it out with you shopping and on other errands. You might find it useful then. Get hubby to update if for you first though.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders