Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:Did we know this? Or did I just miss it..

Can it be controlled through diet?

Glad "we" are losing weight again at least. Need to get back on track for my part



I don't think I mentioned it specifically before now.
I'm on meds but my hope is that if I cut out all the crap in my diet and lose a bit of weight I'll be able to get off the pills. No biggy just a wake up call.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Spam on EBW

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Sister in law just called.
One of the teachers my kids had in HS is dying.
He is 37. Had cancer as a kid.
Just found out a few weeks ago, he had a different type of cancer.
He'll be dead by next week.

Holy crap.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Spam on EBW



Thank you

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Thank you



No, thank YOU

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:You dry the dishes in the dryer?



Dishwasher.


Does the doctor think the diabetes will go away if you watch your diet?

Hubby came up pre diabetic in a blood test. His dad has it.
Hubby lost 10 lbs and it went away.
He isn't a sugar guy, but loves his carbs.
Cereal for breakfast, bagel or pizza for lunch. Pasta for dinner.
That would be his preferred diet.
Oh and pretzels for snack

Of course, if he gains weight, it will come back.
He cut back on carbs, but he didn't cut them out.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Dishwasher.


Does the doctor think the diabetes will go away if you watch your diet?

Hubby came up pre diabetic in a blood test. His dad has it.
Hubby lost 10 lbs and it went away.
He isn't a sugar guy, but loves his carbs.
Cereal for breakfast, bagel or pizza for lunch. Pasta for dinner.
That would be his preferred diet.
Oh and pretzels for snack

Of course, if he gains weight, it will come back.
He cut back on carbs, but he didn't cut them out.



I don't know. I haven't talked to him since I was diagnosed.I just got a call from his office to start on meds after some additional blood work was done. I see him Monday.

In the end only kindness matters

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Iceback wrote:I don't know. I haven't talked to him since I was diagnosed.I just got a call from his office to start on meds after some additional blood work was done. I see him Monday.



Exercise and a bit of weight loss can often reverse type 2 diabetes. It's well worth it.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Exercise and a bit of weight loss can often reverse type 2 diabetes. It's well worth it.



Maybe he caught it here.

2 out of 3 pwa people have diabetes

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
Josephus wrote:Exercise and a bit of weight loss can often reverse type 2 diabetes. It's well worth it.



That's what I'm counting on. It's really not that much of hardship for me, I was in good shape and ate fairly well(mainly due to my former profession) I just got lazy the last 10 years. I've lost weight and am eating a lot better. I'll find out next week if I'm heading in the right direction.
I figure I need to lose another 25 lbs. to get back to what I concider my ideal weight.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Maybe he caught it here.

2 out of 3 pwa people have diabetes



My grandmother, father and sister had (has) it so I was genetically vunerable.My next step will be to quit smoking when I get comfortable with the eating well thing. That'll help my blood pressure too so hopefully I'll be free from that pill also.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Thank you



Thanks, I saw two of them, but my internet is so bad I couldnt' get in to say anything. It's still pretty awful, must be the storms coming in.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:My grandmother, father and sister had (has) it so I was genetically vunerable.My next step will be to quit smoking when I get comfortable with the eating well thing. That'll help my blood pressure so hopefully I'll be free from that pill too.



That is a hard one.

I was too cheap to smoke. Thank goodness. I think it is $10 a pack now in NY.

I would smoke the free samples they handed out on the street.
Can you imagine people handing out packs of 4 free cigarettes on the street now???

Plus I hate the smell of cigarettes. Pipes, cigars, pot don't bother me. Cigarette smoke does.
Lucky for me. Kept me away from it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:My grandmother, father and sister had (has) it so I was genetically vunerable.My next step will be to quit smoking when I get comfortable with the eating well thing. That'll help my blood pressure too so hopefully I'll be free from that pill also.



Glad to hear you are mastering it! My Mom has it, her uncle has it. Mom does the meds, uncle does the diet... I hate being high risk for it, it's like it's always there looming as a possible/potential life.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening all. How goes it?

Watch that diabetes, Ice. I've seen what it can do if unchecked (brother in STL). Sounds like you're doing great!

◄••• Click • • • Or Click here •••► How to Play

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Evening all. How goes it?

Watch that diabetes, Ice. I've seen what it can do if unchecked (brother in STL). Sounds like you're doing great!



Thread killer!



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Daughter called, crying.
Why did her godmother tell her one of her favorite teachers is dying?

Hi, Happy birthday! By the way, your favorite teacher found out he had cancer a couple of months ago. They don't expect him to make it to Christmas.

Well, at least Daughter can write him an email about all the things she liked about him.
Sister in law said to email it, he might not be here if she mails it.

Only good thing, since he is only 37.... not married, and no kids.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Evening all. How goes it?

Watch that diabetes, Ice. I've seen what it can do if unchecked (brother in STL). Sounds like you're doing great!



Doesn't seem that Ice is the type to ignore it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Daughter called, crying.
Why did her godmother tell her one of her favorite teachers is dying?

Hi, Happy birthday! By the way, your favorite teacher found out he had cancer a couple of months ago. They don't expect him to make it to Christmas.

Well, at least Daughter can write him an email about all the things she liked about him.
Sister in law said to email it, he might not be here if she mails it.

Only good thing, since he is only 37.... not married, and no kids.



Better than her finding out later that he died. Like you said, she can write him now.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Thread killer!

I know!

◄••• Click • • • Or Click here •••► How to Play

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night all!

Get to play with the deer car tomorrow.
If son gets here in time.
Get him a rental and send him on his way again.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Doesn't seem that Ice is the type to ignore it.



I'll do what I have to do to stay on top of it.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Joyner and all later risers

In the end only kindness matters

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
Iceback wrote:Good morning Joyner and all later risers



Hey Ice, you could come jog with me and hubby. Be here by 7:45. We'll be finished by 8:30. You wouldn't be late to work.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.


dontwantaname wrote:Damn new dryer beeps when it is done. But it beeps about 5 times. With a long pause between each one.
Weird.



My new dryer sings a little song when it's done--nearly a minute of happy little beeping. It can be turned off.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Morning.




My new dryer sings a little song when it's done--nearly a minute of happy little beeping. It can be turned off.



Same here. LG. I like it.

Morning all. Son called all happy that he woke up in time for taxi to airport. It's the small things. Also to ask where we put his coat. LOL

◄••• Click • • • Or Click here •••► How to Play

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
ThunderThighs wrote:Same here. LG. I like it.

Morning all. Son called all happy that he woke up in time for taxi to airport. It's the small things. Also to ask where we put his coat. LOL



What time does he hit town?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:What time does he hit town?



4:30ish. Can't wait. I know he'll feel different though since it was both his dad and I greeting him in the past. Gonna be a tough holiday season for him.

◄••• Click • • • Or Click here •••► How to Play

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
ThunderThighs wrote:4:30ish. Can't wait. I know he'll feel different though since it was both his dad and I greeting him in the past. Gonna be a tough holiday season for him.



Luckily for him he has a great mom to help him through.

((hugs))

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:4:30ish. Can't wait. I know he'll feel different though since it was both his dad and I greeting him in the past. Gonna be a tough holiday season for him.



You will both make new traditions.

(((hugs)))

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:4:30ish. Can't wait. I know he'll feel different though since it was both his dad and I greeting him in the past. Gonna be a tough holiday season for him.



I can't remember when you said you'd be back, but have a great weekend with son.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning everyone.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi Poof!


I have a question for the military people.
This is a friend of Daughters.
How do you go from sports reporting to nuclear biological and chemical weapons specialist?

Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Weapons Specialist at United States Army Studied Sports Media at Ithaca CollegeLives in Kuwait City

I wonder if she took any chem or bio in college? Maybe in HS?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:Hi Poof!


I have a question for the military people.
This is a friend of Daughters.
How do you go from sports reporting to nuclear biological and chemical weapons specialist?

Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Weapons Specialist at United States Army Studied Sports Media at Ithaca CollegeLives in Kuwait City

I wonder if she took any chem or bio in college? Maybe in HS?



Ithaca's a small liberal arts school. Can't get a degree without some biology or chemistry.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Ithaca's a small liberal arts school. Can't get a degree without some biology or chemistry.



I don't think Daughter took any science. Maybe she did.
The two big schools at Ithaca were Communications and Music. When Daughter graduated they were pushing the business school. Not sure it had any heavy sciences.

I guess if the girl was going for sports reporting, those kids were more into sports. So she would have had different skills than Daughter.

I'll ask her the next time I see her. Which I hope isn't for the funeral for her old chem teacher.


Absurd statement of the day for news tease on TV:
Find out who is saying Robert Wagner is responsible for Natalie Woods death.

Duh! EVERYONE!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dontwantaname wrote:Hi Poof!


I have a question for the military people.
This is a friend of Daughters.
How do you go from sports reporting to nuclear biological and chemical weapons specialist?

Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Weapons Specialist at United States Army Studied Sports Media at Ithaca CollegeLives in Kuwait City

I wonder if she took any chem or bio in college? Maybe in HS?



ASFAB, baby!

They test everyone, and those who score well can be cross-trained into completely different fields.

Plus, a weapons specialist isn't a scientist...Here's the official description: http://goo.gl/emF8c

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
dontwantaname wrote:
How are these energy efficient if they run twice as long???

Same way a Prius is so energy efficient but half the speed of a regular car. In pretty much any process efficiency and expediency are a direct trade-off, so the more you're willing to waste, the faster you can get the "easy" part of the work done.