Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Welcome to the government!

More like the warranty just ran out. We open a 80- 150 million dollar building almost every year. That's the way it happens for us. The contractor limps the mechanical systems along until the warranty is up(usually 2 years from commissioning) and we are left with the mess.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.

It's nearly 90 degrees in our office this morning! Brand new multimillion dollar building and nothing works right.

How is the little girl doing?
You stopped giving updates.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:How is the little girl doing?
You stopped giving updates.

She's home and doing well. She'll still be receiving physical and occupational therapy for some time.

I'll be spending T'giving with them.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.

It's nearly 90 degrees in our office this morning! Brand new multimillion dollar building and nothing works right.

Government contracts.

Morning all.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Just back from the Dr. All is well or heading in the right direction. I've lost almost 20 lbs. in the last 6 weeks.

That's fantastic.

pooflady

Contractor just mentioned, that when we move the dining room table into the new room, most of the guys in the family are going to hit their head on the current ceiling fan.

Also going to be a problem with light switches. Three are on the wall that's coming down. And there will be four for the new room. And there's only one place to put all seven. It's going to be like a control panel and we'll NEVER remember which is which. Every time we go to turn something on we'll be hitting numerous switches!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:She's home and doing well. She'll still be receiving physical and occupational therapy for some time.

That's great for both sentences.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:That's great for both sentences.

I'm looking forward to it.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Morning wooters!

Little one is doing good so far, down to just one antibiotic, supposed to be back home tomorrow evening. Can't wait!

Turken

pooflady wrote:A dusty Christmas tree is just tacky.

It's not dust... it's a "Natural Snow Effect"

Turken

pooflady wrote:After spending hours looking at ceiling fans, trying to match up size, finish, light kit, bulb type and bulb size, I've had it with trying to figure something out.

Remember, with most ceiling fans (particularly those with individual bulbs dropping down) the light shades and bulb styles can always be changed after installation. So, I'd say try to find a relatively cheap fan where the blades and metal trim look good with the existing fan, and then buy separate shades/bulbs you like for both fans at the same time.

pooflady wrote:Do you know if you get as much light from a 60-watt candelabra bulb as you do from a 60-watt incandescent?

Watts are watts, so unless one bulb creates a significant amount more heat than the other, they will both put out the same amount of light. With basic cheap bulbs the difference is purely aesthetics (envelope shape and diffusivity).

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Contractor just mentioned, that when we move the dining room table into the new room, most of the guys in the family are going to hit their head on the current ceiling fan.

Also going to be a problem with light switches. Three are on the wall that's coming down. And there will be four for the new room. And there's only one place to put all seven. It's going to be like a control panel and we'll NEVER remember which is which. Every time we go to turn something on we'll be hitting numerous switches!

Try finding something like these:

light switch labels

AZGman

Or this.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:She's home and doing well. She'll still be receiving physical and occupational therapy for some time.

That is good.
Are they expecting a full recovery?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Just back from the Dr. All is well or heading in the right direction. I've lost almost 20 lbs. in the last 6 weeks.

Do NOT tell a women you lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks.

That may be all you have to do.
All hubby had to do was lose 10 lbs and cut back on carbs. He wasn't as far along as you, but still, you lost twice the weight.

Oh, yeah, he did almost nothing to lose his weight.

Men.

OK, walk the dog. Eat lunch, Brush teeth and then the dentist.

Why am I driving 75 minutes each way for a damn dentist???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Do NOT tell a women you lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks.

That may be all you have to do.
All hubby had to do was lose 10 lbs and cut back on carbs. He wasn't as far along as you, but still, you lost twice the weight.

Oh, yeah, he did almost nothing to lose his weight.

Men.

OK, walk the dog. Eat lunch, Brush teeth and then the dentist.

Why am I driving 75 minutes each way for a damn dentist???

Sorry. God's fault not mine I'm eating more or less what I should and trying to walk a little more each day.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:That is good.
Are they expecting a full recovery?

Still too early to tell for sure; but, sadly, they suspect she may have some residual deficits, similar to mine.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Or this.

I just bookmarked this, good idea. Thanks.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I just bookmarked this, good idea. Thanks.

Glad to help.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Still too early to tell for sure; but, sadly, they suspect she may have some residual deficits, similar to mine.

That's a shame. Maybe she'll surprise them.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That's a shame. Maybe she'll surprise them.

We will pray that she does!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Feels like everything is turning into a fight today...sigh.

Hope everyone else is having a better Monday.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman

Mavyn wrote:Feels like everything is turning into a fight today...sigh.

Pretty ho-hummish at this end. Hope yours improves.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:Feels like everything is turning into a fight today...sigh.

I'm putting my Monday in the "meh" category. Sorry everything seems like a battle - I suspect with the holiday at the end of the week, things will be at the worst tomorrow because no one will want to do anything on Wednesday.

I hope the rest of the day passes quickly - for everyone.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady

Happy dancin' up and down the hallway and all around.

Contractor's suggestion, going to move the current fan and lights into the new room, move the kitchen fan and light (which matches the current fan) into the current dining room and add four can lights, and I'll get a new fan for the kitchen!!!! And remotes on all of them!

(Husband didn't even know there was a light on the fan in the kitchen.)

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Happy dancin' up and down the hallway and all around.

Contractor's suggestion, going to move the current fan and lights into the new room, move the kitchen fan and light (which matches the current fan) into the current dining room and add four can lights, and I'll get a new fan for the kitchen!!!! And remotes on all of them!

'We have a kitchen?"

pooflady

AZGman wrote:'We have a kitchen?"

I think it's just that I've had that light on probably five times in ten years. Use the can lights and the under-the-counter lights.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I think it's just that I've had that light on probably five times in ten years. Use the can lights and the under-the-counter lights.

Your contractor's idea sounds like a good solution.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Your contractor's idea sounds like a good solution.

A lot of extra work for him, so bless his little heart. We told him to add this stuff on at the end.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:A lot of extra work for him, so bless his little heart. We told him to add this stuff on at the end.

Wasn't this guy recommended to you?

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Happy dancin' up and down the hallway and all around.

Congrats, but have to say this made me giggle. You forgot to tell us that you already had another fan that matched your dining room one when we were looking for it. I didn't see that one coming. lol

Ice, I fully agree. Good going on the weight loss...kcd will be so happy she lost more.

pooflady

lplady wrote:Congrats, but have to say this made me giggle. You forgot to tell us that you already had another fan that matched your dining room one when we were looking for it. I didn't see that one coming. lol

Ice, I fully agree. Good going on the weight loss...kcd will be so happy she lost more.

Yes, had another matching fan, but not a matching light and that one doesn't have nearly the light that would be necessary for either of the other rooms.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Wasn't this guy recommended to you?

We've known about him for years. He lives two doors down and he opened his business at the end of the street when it got too big for his garage. But sometimes you hesitate to use someone you know.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Yes, had another matching fan, but not a matching light and that one doesn't have nearly the light that would be necessary for either of the other rooms.

Well glad he came up with a solution that is doable so you don't have to keep looking. I like the floor too, very nice.

Edit: Good night!

AZGman

pooflady wrote:We've known about him for years. He lives two doors down and he opened his business at the end of the street when it got too big for his garage. But sometimes you hesitate to use someone you know.

Good work makes happy customers who make great references.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Clean teeth and I are leaving for the funeral. See you later.
If there is a light on the ceiling fan, to see by.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hullo if anyone is about. Doing some work for a bit but may wonder off in a bit.

Son is home and settling in. We celebrated brother's bday yesterday so he got to see all the family right away. And virtual son has already been over.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Hullo if anyone is about. Doing some work for a bit but may wonder off in a bit.

Son is home and settling in. We celebrated brother's bday yesterday so he got to see all the family right away. And virtual son has already been over.

Let us know what you're wondering about.

If you're still here, let me know, I need some help posting pictures. I know you said you used tinypics but I couldn't figure it out. I got as far as they're on my computer.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Let us know what you're wondering about.

If you're still here, let me know, I need some help posting pictures. I know you said you used tinypics but I couldn't figure it out. I got as far as they're on my computer.

Yeah, tinypic.com is easy because it gives you the code to post it.

Click on the Browse button and find the picture on the computer you want to post. Click Open.

Click the green UPLOAD NOW button. Fill out the stupid captcha.

It will upload your photo to the Interwebz and give you 4-5 link options. Click in the 2nd box - the one with the [ IMG ] code. Press CTRL-C to copy the link to your computer's memory (or right-click and choose COPY).

Come here to a new post and press CTRL-V to paste the [ IMG ] code into your post (or right-click and choose PASTE). If the pic is too big, I'll help resize it.

EDIT: And Thfffffffffffffft!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders