Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

crap...they block You Tube here..what am I going to do for amusement?

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:crap...they block You Tube here..what am I going to do for amusement?

dunno...

Bought tree, bought lights, tree up, ornaments tomorrow. Pinata one half on, still drying from last night, soaked the base layer paperboard/cardboard too much (wanted it strong enough to take a pounding Still need to put some more things away and scrub some stuff that got dusty, carpet salesman came and swept all my main room floor though, so that's done. We had a fire going, to dry the pinata, so the poor guy was sweating a river. Nice kid, I hope he makes enough money to pay for community college (that was his goal) wants to study Computer Sciences, so we had a nice geeky chat.

Big meeting with the Cornell programmer is a week away, gotta get stuff up to snuff there too. I'm sooooooo taking Christmas off!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:dunno...

Bought tree, bought lights, tree up, ornaments tomorrow. Pinata one half on, still drying from last night, soaked the base layer paperboard/cardboard too much (wanted it strong enough to take a pounding Still need to put some more things away and scrub some stuff that got dusty, carpet salesman came and swept all my main room floor though, so that's done. We had a fire going, to dry the pinata, so the poor guy was sweating a river. Nice kid, I hope he makes enough money to pay for community college (that was his goal) wants to study Computer Sciences, so we had a nice geeky chat.

Big meeting with the Cornell programmer is a week away, gotta get stuff up to snuff there too. I'm sooooooo taking Christmas off!

Good for you...all work and no play ..etc..

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
Iceback wrote:crap...they block You Tube here..what am I going to do for amusement?

Work...?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:Good for you...all work and no play ..etc..

I want to know how it is that you ask for entertainment and you land a woot-off.... enjoy Ice.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback

ah,pfff. I've already spent too much on-line tonight.

Iceback

morgankohl wrote:Work...?

I'm tired of giving my employer free work, 10 hours a day is quite enough.

Iceback

I guess it's time I usually wish everyone a good morning.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Mavyn and Kid, I am jealous that you both got the black Friday waffle makers! They were gone by 9 at my Wally World.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Morning y'all. With crappy waffle irons or without.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

My waffle iron wasn't a Black Friday purchase--just something that was on sale at a local store. Had it for a couple weeks before using it. 'Real' Belgian waffle batter is yeast based, hence the question.

Morning, all.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:I used mine recently too...what recipe did you use? I think I want to find one for a cold rise.

Good night.

I just go stay at a Hampton Inn to get Belgian Waffles. It's probably a little more expensive, but hey, all you can eat.

move along

Mavyn

j5 wrote:I just go stay at a Hampton Inn to get Belgian Waffles. It's probably a little more expensive, but hey, all you can eat.

I can't eat more than two...one if it's served with bacon and eggs. The recipe I used made loads--fed 2 adults, 2 kids, and there are 6 in the freezer.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
j5 wrote:I just go stay at a Hampton Inn to get Belgian Waffles. It's probably a little more expensive, but hey, all you can eat.

I work at a Hampton Inn...I hate waffles.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
morgankohl wrote:I work at a Hampton Inn...I hate waffles.

Hi Morgankohl! I love waffles, I have a couple of waffle irons, but can always use another!

I have to go down to Atlanta to see an endocrinologist about my calcified thyroid nodules. ICK. At least I don't go all the way into Atlanta.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
Iceback wrote:I guess it's time I usually wish everyone a good morning.

Good morning Ice and everyone else.

Ice, I must have missed something. Now that he is doing well enough to go to rehab, is he still terribly restless and frightened at night? Just asking, because the all-nighters are sometimes not necessary as things progress. I sm by no means suggesting that you cease them, but there may come a time when you need to evaluate the necessity. He is in a facility where there is staff available? I simply only mean well by that question, because you need to take care of yourselves when you can.

j5

Mavyn wrote:I can't eat more than two...one if it's served with bacon and eggs. The recipe I used made loads--fed 2 adults, 2 kids, and there are 6 in the freezer.

In actuality, my waffles come from a box.
We do have a pizzelle machine... same problem as you, a batch makes too many. A stack of pizzelle's makes a fine gift, if you can keep them from breaking. So there's that.

move along

Mavyn

j5 wrote:In actuality, my waffles come from a box.
We do have a pizzelle machine... same problem as you, a batch makes too many. A stack of pizzelle's makes a fine gift, if you can keep them from breaking. So there's that.

Heh...I can't recall the last time I used a box mix. For anything.

Need to ice cookies tonight...sigh. I always forget how bad I am at that.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Mavyn wrote:Heh...I can't recall the last time I used a box mix. For anything.

Need to ice cookies tonight...sigh. I always forget how bad I am at that.

I envy you your perfection.

Mavyn

Josephus wrote:I envy you your perfection.

That you say that when I'm noting how poorly I ice cookies makes me giggle.

I just don't use box mixes. Really, for the cost, they aren't worth it for me. I'm sorry if you think I'm disparaging their use--it's not my intent. I don't use them, so when someone says they made something, my first thought is not 'what mix did they use' but 'what recipe'. Because that's how I do it...Not because how I do it is right.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I forgot to save it last time

Anyone got a wootoff tracker?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Wouldn't it be easier to just walk in and pretend like you had already stayed there and eat the waffles for free?

j5

Mavyn wrote:Heh...I can't recall the last time I used a box mix. For anything.

I never said "mix".

Turken wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to just walk in and pretend like you had already stayed there and eat the waffles for free?

If I was being serious, then yes, that's a great idea. (We actually do that for the local Residence Inn that supplies open bar happy hour buffet...it helps that many of our contractors stay there)

move along

Mavyn

j5 wrote:I never said "mix".

See? It's been even longer since I bought any frozen ones. Off my shopping radar.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
Mavyn wrote:See? It's been even longer since I bought any frozen ones. Off my shopping radar.

HA, I took it that he made a mix too.

Good afternoon everyone. Hope everyone is having a decent Monday and the day is moving along smoothly.

Morgankohl, welcome to PWA.

Ooooo, a woot off! Either haven't been around for them or when I was I didn't see anything to buy. Hopefully that'll change with gifts still left to buy. Yay, for home.woot being in the mix this time. High hopes for gifts there.

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:I forgot to save it last time

Anyone got a wootoff tracker?

I use the wootalyzer

j5

lplady wrote:I use the wootalyzer

So does pooflady.
I hear she's an expert at it (by now)

move along

Turken

Okay, kinda random, but hey this is PWA, right? Anyway, the wife came up with a rather brilliant idea yesterday and I think it's so cool I need to share it somewhere, but not anywhere where the rest of our family is likely to see (so not on FB or G+).

so, we were kicking around thoughts on how to do Christmas gifts with my siblings and their spouses (and the older nieces/nephews) since there's just too many people to buy for everyone. For the last few years, we've done a "Dirty Santa" exchange, and that works pretty well, but as my wife pointed out, we've all gotten a little too good at gaming the system with couples colluding together to make sure they can lock down at least one good present between them, etc.

Wife's great idea: "Dirty Secret Santa!" After you pass the hat with numbers to determine the play order, you then pass a second hat containing the names of all the people in the game. The name of the person you draw (which could be yourself) is the person you'll give your gift to at the end of the game. Then, keeping all the names secret, everyone plays by the regular gift exchange rules. Finally, after all the gifts are opened and exchanged, you have one last time around the room where each person gets to present their hard-fought prize to the final recipient.

Anyway. Like I said, I thought it was a pretty cool twist on the traditional, and figured I'd see what y'all though of it to get some feedback or suggestions before we drop it on the family for Christmas.

lplady

j5 wrote:So does pooflady.
I hear she's an expert at it (by now)

Does that mean she's been scoring B@C's when using it or is wink for something else?

Poof, safe travels home. Hope it's good weather for the drive.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
lplady wrote:Does that mean she's been scoring B@C's when using it or is wink for something else?

Poof, safe travels home. Hope it's good weather for the drive.

Prolly not.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

lplady

AZGman wrote:Prolly not.

Yuk!

Turken, I don't know how the original Dirty Santa is played to be able to give an opinion as to if it's a good idea or not.

Iceback

klozitshoper wrote:Good morning Ice and everyone else.

Ice, I must have missed something. Now that he is doing well enough to go to rehab, is he still terribly restless and frightened at night? Just asking, because the all-nighters are sometimes not necessary as things progress. I sm by no means suggesting that you cease them, but there may come a time when you need to evaluate the necessity. He is in a facility where there is staff available? I simply only mean well by that question, because you need to take care of yourselves when you can.

He can't see, nor can he get up without help.He can't walk yet so the first thing they did was try and slap a diaper on him. That isn't going to happen.

lplady

Iceback wrote:He can't see, nor can he get up without help.

Ah, now it makes more sense. I knew there must have been a good reason for a family member always trying to be there, but didn't want to possibly invade your privacy asking what it was. You're a great SIL, Ice.

AZ, how was Emmi this weekend when you went to visit?

Turken

AZGman wrote:Prolly not.

ewwwww. hope she's safe driving today!

Turken

lplady wrote:Yuk!

Turken, I don't know how the original Dirty Santa is played to be able to give an opinion as to if it's a good idea or not.

A.K.A. White Elephant Gift Excahnge, Yankee Swap, etc.

Iceback

lplady wrote:Ah, now it makes more sense. I knew there must have been a good reason for a family member always trying to be there, but didn't want to possibly invade your privacy asking what it was. You're a great SIL, Ice.

AZ, how was Emmi this weekend when you went to visit?

Not a problem,you're not the first to ask. He was able to look after himself 3 months ago and the experts say he'll should be able again.
Just got off the phone with Mrs. Ice, they worked him out for 1 1/2 hours today. They will have a therapy plan together in a couple of days, time is a wasting so she is going to see if they can speed that up a bit.He gets very discouraged if he doesn't feel he is moving forward.

lplady

Iceback wrote:Not a problem,you're not the first to ask. He was able to look after himself 3 months ago and the experts say he'll should be able again.

That's good to hear.

Thanks Turken. I'll come back and read it in a few. Have something I have to go take care of first.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Howdy all.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Howdy all.

Why are you here, 40 pages early?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.