Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:Good morning all.

Morning Ice. Guess I better go to bed, I have to get up again in 4 hours.

I hope someone cleans up that spam out in the main room, it'll attract pests.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Poof, it is only once or twice a week! I am falling apart, so I have to do something to stave off the old lady stuff. I don't want those jiggly bits and nasty stuff like that and they are starting to appear!

Morgan, I'm in the mountains of NC, 56, female, two kids, retired librarian, a big old female lab, one cat and two outside silly boys that are half min pin half chihuahua.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody!

edit: Poof, it is only once or twice a week! I am falling apart, so I have to do something to stave off the old lady stuff. I don't want those jiggly bits and nasty stuff like that and they are starting to appear!

Morgan, I'm in the mountains of NC, 56, female, two kids, retired librarian, a big old female lab, one cat and two outside silly boys that are half min pin half chihuahua.

Nice to meet you! I'm actually in NC as well, but not around the mountains. I head up to Asheville every once in awhile though. It's nice up that way and a lovely drive.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Unmarried but engaged, 30's, in the Poconos, computer geek. 2 cats, lots of fish.

Heh. I don't remember being questioned when I started posting here.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

morgankohl

Mavyn wrote:Morning!

Unmarried but engaged, 30's, in the Poconos, computer geek. 2 cats, lots of fish.

Poconos=too cold! I had a fish once...my cat ate him and them puked him back up on my coffee table. There went that dream. Your cats don't bother your fish?

Mavyn

morgankohl wrote:Poconos=too cold! I had a fish once...my cat ate him and them puked him back up on my coffee table. There went that dream. Your cats don't bother your fish?

It's a balmy (and drizzly) 52 right now.

And no, neither cat goes fishing. Most of the tanks are covered, but even the ones that aren't are safe from feline expeditions. Both cats watch the fish, but one wouldn't eat one if it jumped in her mouth. The other hhelps with water changes, but has never tried to catch a fish. Most of the fish I have are very small, as well, only a few that are bigger than one inch.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning all.

Another fun day of living the dream....

joyner

morgankohl wrote:Nice to meet you! I'm actually in NC as well, but not around the mountains. I head up to Asheville every once in awhile though. It's nice up that way and a lovely drive.

I'm as far west as you can get in NC. I grew up in SC and Asheville was our vacation destination.

morgankohl

joyner wrote:I'm as far west as you can get in NC. I grew up in SC and Asheville was our vacation destination.

I'm nearish to Charlotte and I hate it. I'm from GA originally and can't wait to move back home. (And it's also where my family is and I miss them like crazy!)

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning everybody. Seems to still be drizzling here, but getting colder.

Mayvn, I'm sure you were interrogat -- I mean, asked politely for information. As I recall, you were going to retire and open a bakery in Hawaii at that time.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

g'morning wooters!

dontwantaname wrote:Castle, show on ABC that a bunch of us watch. We can't talk about it because KtC watches it on hulu.

Usually not home on monday evenings in time to watch it, but did get to last night. Definitely have a few nits to pick with some of the "technical" details from yesterday's episode, but I'll shut up for now since I'm assuming KtC still hasn't seen it.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Morning!

You are upset that we didn't Bubba you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

Turken wrote:g'morning wooters!

Usually not home on monday evenings in time to watch it, but did get to last night. Definitely have a few nits to pick with some of the "technical" details from yesterday's episode, but I'll shut up for now since I'm assuming KtC still hasn't seen it.

Have to remember, this is fantasy, where female cops run around in high heels and live in beautiful apartments that get blown up but can survive because you're in the bathtub and can then walk across the floor barefoot with no injury and can break rules without any fallout.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Have to remember, this is fantasy, where female cops run around in high heels and live in beautiful apartments that get blown up but can survive because you're in the bathtub and can then walk across the floor barefoot with no injury and can break rules without any fallout.

It is bad enough that Alley pond park is 100's of acres (600 I think) with no map. Now I have to worry about crazy people and cats too!
Rusty likes it there!

Yes I was watching on the DVR and stopped the picture to see where the house was.

You are right, cops don't have nice apts. Most don't live in the city.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Good morning everybody. Seems to still be drizzling here, but getting colder.

Mayvn, I'm sure you were interrogat -- I mean, asked politely for information. As I recall, you were going to retire and open a bakery in Hawaii at that time.

Oh!

Wow...it's been a while. Good changes.

Wasn't mad, more amused.

Drizzly. Am slacking off my walk. Umbrella won't keep me from getting soaked and I have a meeting at 1, don't want to look bedraggled.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Oh!

Wow...it's been a while. Good changes.

Wasn't mad, more amused.

Drizzly. Am slacking off my walk. Umbrella won't keep me from getting soaked and I have a meeting at 1, don't want to look bedraggled.

Which is worse, bedraggled or disheveled?

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Which is worse, bedraggled or disheveled?

Umm...disheveled certainly implies that I've done something cheeky, doesn't it?

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Umm...disheveled certainly implies that I've done something cheeky, doesn't it?

Or at least more fun.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:Umm...disheveled certainly implies that I've done something cheeky, doesn't it?

It really does!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Or at least more fun.

Would be way more fun if I'd been able to go have lunch with the SO and be disheveled.

morgankohl

If that's the case, then I haven't been disheveled in a rather prolonged period of time. (Despite the embarrassing frequency that I'm running late for work and throwing on whatever's clean and in eyesight)

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I'm pretty sure I missed the Wootish Inquisition. I think many assumed I was someone else and went with that.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

pooflady

j5 wrote:I'm pretty sure I missed the Wootish Inquisition. I think many assumed I was someone else and went with that.

In that case:

time zone

approximate age

married/single/divorced

credit card number

general profession

Mavyn

j5 wrote:I'm pretty sure I missed the Wootish Inquisition. I think many assumed I was someone else and went with that.

Wrong...you were inquizzed. You chose not to answer most of it. :p

morgankohl

pooflady wrote:In that case:

time zone

approximate age

married/single/divorced

credit card number

general profession

Oh NOS! I forgot to provide you with my credit card number! How in the world are you supposed to get to know me without that?? LOL

Mavyn

Also, update on my decorating of cookies.

Decided I like this a lot better--previously, I've used a variety of frosting colors and tried to draw on them...with less than pleasing results. This time, I stuck with basic lines, and dipped in colored sugar. Faster, and I think prettier.

Candy cane sugar cookies

Surprised gingerbread man (the surprise being it's not gingerbread, it's a spice cookie)

Snowflake

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:Also, update on my decorating of cookies.

Those all look very yummy!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:Those all look very yummy!

thanks! The sugar cookies are pretty basic--it's Alton Brown's sugar cookie recipe--but the spice cookies are some of my favorites. Not overly sweet, a nice kick of 'winter' spices.

also made peppermint pinwheels and almond tassies, but they were put away when I got out the camera. Oh, and toffee. Toffee that I love, and must get rid of NOW. Or I'll eat it all. omnomnom.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Can I have your sugar cookie recipe?

and your spice cookie recipe?

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
Mavyn wrote:
Candy cane sugar cookies

Surprised gingerbread man (the surprise being it's not gingerbread, it's a spice cookie)

Snowflake

I'll take some. Unfortunately you have some competition in my family that would be very hard to compete with.

Wonder if any of the Houston area people have tried it yet.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:In that case:

time zone

approximate age

married/single/divorced

credit card number

general profession

You forgot mother's maiden name

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

yummmmm!!!

pooflady

Those all look scrumptious.

Mavyn

Sugar cookie recipe I follow it exactly.

Spice cookies I usually put in a bit more of the spices, maybe 1/8-1/4 tsp extra for mustard, nutmeg and cloves, 1/2 tsp for the cinnamon. And I use Colmans mustard--the spicy english stuff.

My decorating skills are lacking. Seriously. That's not begging for a compliment, it's just a fact...I need practice. I'm looking to take a class this spring.

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

morgankohl

Completely off topic, but what are some thoughts on out-sourcing? I'm asking this while I'm dealing with our computer help desk that recently moved to India and put a couple hundred people in Memphis out of work.

Mavyn

A lot of companies that out-sourced have since brought the work back on-shore. My company has an Indian section, but it's only used for clients that specifically ask for off-shore support--the cost is the same either way.

AZGman

Mavyn wrote:A lot of companies that out-sourced have since brought the work back on-shore. My company has an Indian section, but it's only used for clients that specifically ask for off-shore support--the cost is the same either way.

For the customer or your company?