pblgov wrote:just passing through

hello

goodbye

last post

sorry cruzer, old habits die hard

edit: top pic

Hi
wrong thread
I wonder if I'm suppose to delete that picture?

Actually no, a female dog is a elf. It is used in the proper way.

See ya!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

The welcome dontwantaname on top of the page, says I have one woot.

Where did all these monkeys come from then?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
klozitshoper wrote:Great to have someone close by who can help when things go wrong. I keep getting a pop up message that computer is running out of RAM or some such thing. I would like to know if you do know or anyone else, can I simply delete a bunch of programs, docs., etc. and free up some or do I have to go buy more. I baby this old Dell - love it and expect it to fall apart one day. I shall cry.

RAM is used by whatever is running. If you are getting errors starting programs closing other programs should help. The less you have running at a time the more RAM the next program has to use. You may be able to add more depending on what you have and what your motherboard is, although very old Dells had proprietary parts, meaning upgrading/repairing is very expensive.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

pblgov wrote:just passing through

hello

goodbye

last post

sorry cruzer, old habits die hard

edit: top pic

Hi pebbles! I heard your family was growing again Do stop by more often!

So the light parade was fun, not as cold as normal and about twice as many people. We were in a different spot than we usually are so the kids only got a couple pieces of candy and everyone near us kept creeping into the street. they actually had guys walking in front of the firetrucks pushing the kids back a bit to get the trucks through. It was short but fun. Kids saw some of their friends, but everyone is tired.

For those keeping track FedEx arrived some time between 6:45 and 8:00pm while we were gone. Party favors and pinata filling are here so I'll be paper mache-ing all night instead of doing it this afternoon when I wanted to, oh well there's a new Bones I haven't seen I guess I'll watch that, unless I decide to do the mache in an easier to clean area than the living room...

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
KtCallista wrote:Hi pebbles! I heard your family was growing again Do stop by more often!.

really?
This is the first i'm hearing about it

KtCallista

pblgov wrote:really?
This is the first i'm hearing about it

Must've been a rumor, but now I know how to get you to come back

How have you been really, though? I've been kicked off facebook (functionally), by the "my computer's not quite good enough for your new features" clause.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Cataract surgery check in at 11:30. I can have dry toast, black coffee and fruit before 6 so breakfast it is!

KtCallista

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Cataract surgery check in at 11:30. I can have dry toast, black coffee and fruit before 6 so breakfast it is!

Best of luck!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

Got a little snow, enough to make things a bit white. North and west got a lot more, 6-7 inches in some places.

Just cold here, but the sidewalks were treacherous because they put down so much salt. Slip on ice, or 'roll' on the salt, take your pick.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.

is it bed time yet?

pooflady

cruzer wrote:morning all.

is it bed time yet?

Yes. Definitely yes.

Morning all.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Yes. Definitely yes.

Morning all.

Oh thank goodness!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Cold here. Don't like cold.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Cold here. Don't like cold.

How coooold is it?

27 here.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:How coooold is it?

27 here.

Currently 27 here as well. brrr.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:How coooold is it?

27 here.

36, feels like 31.

But my office is 79 and I have a fan going.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

Thanks for cleaning up the spam, whoever done it!!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
KtCallista wrote:RAM is used by whatever is running. If you are getting errors starting programs closing other programs should help. The less you have running at a time the more RAM the next program has to use. You may be able to add more depending on what you have and what your motherboard is, although very old Dells had proprietary parts, meaning upgrading/repairing is very expensive.

Thanks. I got a message this morning that IE was using too much - went into task manager (a really foolish thing for a neophyte such as me I guess), but I saw duplicates of things running where there should be only 1. So, fearlessly, I closed the ones that were using the most, and to my delight the entire thing did not crash!.. I had 80 processes running before - 30 now. Wonder how that happened. It used to be usually 34 processes, but never two by the same name. So smart am I - NOT

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
AZGman wrote:Thanks for cleaning up the spam, whoever done it!!

HI AZG - day off or peaking in? I have been misisng you when I have been on lately.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Thanks for cleaning up the spam, whoever done it!!

That would be our own Rogetray, moderator at large.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:HI AZG - day off or peaking in? I have been misisng you when I have been on lately.

At work; on a slow day! PWA doesn't get much action between the time I get home and go to bed or call it quits for the day.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:That would be our own Rogetray, moderator at large.

Well then, thanks to him, her, and/or otherwise.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Well then, thanks to him, her, and/or otherwise.

Hi.

That is all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:Hi.

That is all.

Hi.

Hi gman!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Did a count... I have just over 500 iPads to go.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Hi.

Hi gman!

Hi.

What? Are you back?

If so

Welcome back!

If not, see you when the thread closes. Maybe.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Did a count... I have just over 500 iPads to go.

You forgot mine.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

cruzer wrote:Hi.

Hi gman!

Heya, cruzer!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Heya, cruzer!

HELLO

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:HELLO

Hi.

pooflady

Damn, damn, damn!!!

Floor guy just left. Between him and contractor, they both agreed there's no way to put in the piece where the short wall was. Gonna have to somehow do the whole dining room.

Damn, damn, damn!!!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
pooflady wrote:Damn, damn, damn!!!

Floor guy just left. Between him and contractor, they both agreed there's no way to put in the piece where the short wall was. Gonna have to somehow do the whole dining room.

Damn, damn, damn!!!

??

anything can be done. It's just a matter of time and expense, and how good you want it to look when its finished.

pooflady

I'm passing this on because it worked for me today... A Dr. on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start, & we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started & hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Scotch, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KtCallista wrote:Oh and still waiting for FedEx (I said earlier it was UPS and I was wrong) to throw boxes at my front door. . . I swear we are on the end of their list now-a-days, used to get our boxes from them around 1, but now it's closer to 8pm.

At least they'll take them to your front door. Seems a lot of FedEx stuff now actually gets delivered by the postal service, and we have one of the worst postal carriers ever. Doesn't care if the packages say "Fragile" or "Do Not Bend" If they're small enough to get crammed into the mailbox, that what he'll do. If it's too big to smash up in the mailbox, then he drives up the driveway (not that long of a driveway either!) and chucks the box out the truck at the garage door. Heaven forbid he might actually have to use his own two legs to do his job sometimes!

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I'm passing this on because it worked for me today... A Dr. on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start, & we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started & hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Scotch, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum.

Now that's funny!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Hi.

Was that hard?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!