dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Damn, damn, damn!!!

Floor guy just left. Between him and contractor, they both agreed there's no way to put in the piece where the short wall was. Gonna have to somehow do the whole dining room.

Damn, damn, damn!!!

This is why work is a pia

What are you talking about? Replacing the floor where a wall was?
Trying to make it match the existing floor? Aren't you adding a room onto the existing room?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I need to:

-Take the dog somewhere, because it is sunny and cold out and he is ready to play. The dog park will be all mud. Pay endless taxes and the only thing I use is the stupid tiny dog park (tiny as in the size of a backyard. I bet not even 1/4 acre. ) We can't get any new wood chips. Which aren't any good, but better than mud. With a hurricane and early snow, there is down wood everywhere!

-Find out what the noise is around the corner. I know from facebook at least one big tree fell last night in the wind. Fell around son's friends car. No major damage.

-Finish typing the addresses into the computer to print Christmas card labels

-Find the christmas stuff in the attic. Stuff to decorate and gifts and paper stuff.

-Stop playing with the damn computer!

-annoy gman some more.

-Bring a Christmas card down the block. Delivered to wrong address

-get off the damn computer

-get off the damn computer

-go shopping....somewhere, anywhere. Food, gifts anything

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Was that hard?

a piece of pie.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I'm passing this on because it worked for me today... A Dr. on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start, & we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started & hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Scotch, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum.

I think it is time to bring the wine and beer back to the dog park!

Some women complained last year. Town employees came and found a bunch of mostly retired guys drinking beer. They sort of laughed, told them not to start any fights, and left.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:This is why work is a pia

What are you talking about? Replacing the floor where a wall was?
Trying to make it match the existing floor? Aren't you adding a room onto the existing room?

Replacing the floor where the short wall was.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Replacing the floor where the short wall was.

What's their reason/solution?

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
ThunderThighs wrote:Did a count... I have just over 500 iPads to go.

Where's GEG's?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:What's their reason/solution?

The laminate is tongue and groove and is glued. Almost impossible to put in another piece. Floor guy said he's seen it done once and it took the guy six hours and he was lucky. The kitchen and current dining room are all the laminate. Going to have to make a diagonal break between the two, tear up all the dining room laminate the put in all new for current dining room and addition. I think it's going to be ceramic tile.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:The laminate is tongue and groove and is glued. Almost impossible to put in another piece. Floor guy said he's seen it done once and it took the guy six hours and he was lucky. The kitchen and current dining room are all the laminate. Going to have to make a diagonal break between the two, tear up all the dining room laminate the put in all new for current dining room and addition. I think it's going to be ceramic tile.

Pick a good one, it last forever.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I'm passing this on because it worked for me today... A Dr. on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start, & we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started & hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Scotch, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum.

Where's my LIKE button?

Dang, just heard about mythbusters cannonball oopsie. Whoa.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:The laminate is tongue and groove and is glued. Almost impossible to put in another piece. Floor guy said he's seen it done once and it took the guy six hours and he was lucky. The kitchen and current dining room are all the laminate. Going to have to make a diagonal break between the two, tear up all the dining room laminate the put in all new for current dining room and addition. I think it's going to be ceramic tile.

Ugh, I hate tile floors. The grout looks nasty after a while.

PS: you might look into an acrylic additive for the grout. It helps so you don't have to seal it. Not that I ever sealed my grout.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Do you have a picture of the issue?

move along

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:Damn, damn, damn!!!

Floor guy just left. Between him and contractor, they both agreed there's no way to put in the piece where the short wall was. Gonna have to somehow do the whole dining room.

Damn, damn, damn!!!

they are lying liars. Might have trouble matching the color, but they ought to know a painter who can match the stain. They can danged well replace that section. It would have to be placed in there without being tongue and grooved to the other pieces, but big woop. It could be tongue and grooved in, but that would take time.

Once the wall is out, they can come in with a circular saw, set to the thickness of the flooring, and cut it along the edge to give them a clean edge. Then they can put in the right number of pieces the right width to fill the space correctly. Can even pre-glue them together.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Ugh, I hate tile floors. The grout looks nasty after a while.

PS: you might look into an acrylic additive for the grout. It helps so you don't have to seal it. Not that I ever sealed my grout.

We had some type of additive for the grout that we used in the downstair bathroom.
Hubby did that bathroom almost 30 years ago and the grout is still clean.

We bought the stuff for the upstairs bathroom, but the tile guys didn't use it. That grout discolored.

That is why you do it yourself.

If it is the same stuff, it works.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:they are lying liars. Might have trouble matching the color, but they ought to know a painter who can match the stain. They can danged well replace that section. It would have to be placed in there without being tongue and grooved to the other pieces, but big woop. It could be tongue and grooved in, but that would take time.

Once the wall is out, they can come in with a circular saw, set to the thickness of the flooring, and cut it along the edge to give them a clean edge. Then they can put in the right number of pieces the right width to fill the space correctly. Can even pre-glue them together.

For the right price, Joe will come and do it for you.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Howdy az.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy az.

Hi, daj.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Dog park only slightly muddy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Dog park only slightly muddy.

So you and Rusty will be easy to hose off.

j5

Josephus wrote:they are lying liars. Might have trouble matching the color, but they ought to know a painter who can match the stain. They can danged well replace that section. It would have to be placed in there without being tongue and grooved to the other pieces, but big woop. It could be tongue and grooved in, but that would take time.

I agree they can do it, not sure if the existing laminate is prefinsihed or even synthetic instead of real wood. Worst case, they can run a strip of decorative laminate perpendicular to the run of the existing to give a visual separation of the sections. Unless that's undesirable.

move along

pooflady

They said if it was the hardwood laminate, they might be able to do it. It isn't. It's 2x2 foot squares that look like tile and have grout lines and I think there's at least two patterns. Sorry, Joe, but I believe the floor guy since he was losing a sale over it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:They said if it was the hardwood laminate, they might be able to do it. It isn't. It's 2x2 foot squares that look like tile and have grout lines and I think there's at least two patterns. Sorry, Joe, but I believe the floor guy since he was losing a sale over it.

So are you pulling up the entire room and making the old and new room the same?

Is it possible to have below floor heat?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:So are you pulling up the entire room and making the old and new room the same?

Sure; send her your credit card number.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:So are you pulling up the entire room and making the old and new room the same?

Yes, they'll be the same. It might be possible, but we're not doing it.

AZGman

Only real life here; time to move along.

j5

Electrically heated floor under porcelain or ceramic tile is common, but not needed for "soft" materials as they feel warmer underfoot.

move along

j5

pooflady wrote:Sorry, Joe, but I believe the floor guy since he was losing a sale over it.

Who's doing the rip/replace?

move along

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Turken wrote:At least they'll take them to your front door. Seems a lot of FedEx stuff now actually gets delivered by the postal service, and we have one of the worst postal carriers ever. Doesn't care if the packages say "Fragile" or "Do Not Bend" If they're small enough to get crammed into the mailbox, that what he'll do. If it's too big to smash up in the mailbox, then he drives up the driveway (not that long of a driveway either!) and chucks the box out the truck at the garage door. Heaven forbid he might actually have to use his own two legs to do his job sometimes!

We've had the same problem! I will not let photos be delivered via USPS for that reason! We don't have a garage so they have to get out of their car to get it near the porch, but they stand as far away as possible and throw it.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

j5 wrote:Who's doing the rip/replace?

Contractor, not the floor guy. Have used the floor guy before and happy with them, as are many people in the local community. It's a small independent. Contractor doesn't mind doing ceramic tile, but doesn't get into carpeting and other stuff.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Pictures?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Pictures?

At the end. We're getting close. Some of the wallboard might need a third coat, sand the wallboard, paint, the rest of the siding (some went on today), gutters, boards underneath the room, floor, baseboard, fans, outlet and switch covers, bring up the washer and dryer.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Hi everybody. Interesting day at work. New CEO announced. After all the hooplah about looking outside of the company they promoted from within.

promoted another guy to president of North America - and he is NOT a fan of my department. ugh

basically demoted our CFO to make him CFO of another entity and hired a new CFO for the bigger company.

not sure how this will affect me personally, except that we will never get our 9/80 schedule back because new CEO is the one who ended it.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Hi everybody. Interesting day at work. New CEO announced. After all the hooplah about looking outside of the company they promoted from within.

promoted another guy to president of North America - and he is NOT a fan of my department. ugh

basically demoted our CFO to make him CFO of another entity and hired a new CFO for the bigger company.

not sure how this will affect me personally, except that we will never get our 9/80 schedule back because new CEO is the one who ended it.

That's too bad, that was a good schedule.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Hi everybody. Interesting day at work. New CEO announced. After all the hooplah about looking outside of the company they promoted from within.

Big shakeup. Hope it all works out fine for you.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:At the end. We're getting close. Some of the wallboard might need a third coat, sand the wallboard, paint, the rest of the siding (some went on today), gutters, boards underneath the room, floor, baseboard, fans, outlet and switch covers, bring up the washer and dryer.

When do you think the completion date will be?

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:When do you think the completion date will be?

They keep saying "before Christmas." I sure hope so, even with the three days of flooring coming up. That will give me one week to get ready (major cleaning) for bunches of people coming New Year's Day. And then one week to get ready for our immediate family Christmas on the 8th.

I'm really tired of having to be completely dressed before I walk out of the bedroom in the morning. And tired of being woke up at 8 to the sounds of hammers, saws, nail guns,
et cetera.

I can't remember when they started. I know it was a Tuesday in November.

kdccrosby

Is the kitteh cuddling the baby? Or one step away from smothering the baby?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:They keep saying "before Christmas." I sure hope so, even with the three days of flooring coming up. That will give me one week to get ready (major cleaning) for bunches of people coming New Year's Day. And then one week to get ready for our immediate family Christmas on the 8th.

I'm really tired of having to be completely dressed before I walk out of the bedroom in the morning. And tired of being woke up at 8 to the sounds of hammers, saws, nail guns,
et cetera.

I can't remember when they started. I know it was a Tuesday in November.

That isn't bad.

I hate when they move in. Yeah, get up early and get dressed . Ugh.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:Is the kitteh cuddling the baby? Or one step away from smothering the baby?

I'm thinking smothering...can't trust those felines

In the end only kindness matters