ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Boy is coming here so we can do lunch. We've given up on a job for this break so he's my slave ... Doing things I need done around the house.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dontwantaname wrote:TT poste this and I'm stealing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB90NjT51gg

Made me laugh. Big laugh.

Heh...cute. My sister recently had her dinner (lamb) stolen by the youngest border collie.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Back from the eye doc. Pressures are still around 24, 25, so I'm okay.

Going now to do hair. Later.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Quick hello - you are always going to bed just about the time I get here.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all. Boy is coming here so we can do lunch. We've given up on a job for this break so he's my slave ... Doing things I need done around the house.

If he gets sick of Texas, I can put him to work - hard labor - here in florida! or not, he could go to Disney or whatever. I am/would be a really rotten parent nowadays. I used to be strict - but, from my vantage point now, if you can catch a bit of fun before it all gets too serious in life, do it.
BTW - got my new Ipad (dirty word to you - why?) - tried to watch a film but nothing would download, so set up mail accounts, got tired of it and back to big Dell. I love my Dell and it is going to die of old age someday soon. Sigh. . .

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hey all, just a drive by as I pack up from the office. Getting out of all day meetings early, so I can make a bunch of code changes before we all meet for dinner at boss's boss's house. Then I get off the hook until 1 tomorrow. The rest get a 7am Skype meeting....

Reportedly Ver3 took a nap so there's a chance he may go to bed tonight, too bad I probably will too (if the changes are done).

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

g'night

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Kill the children.

Son's car is finally ready.
He comes home tonight.
Leaves tomorrow after getting his car and dropping off the rental.

Suddenly he is bringing the new girlfriend.
House is a mess.

I'm gonna kill him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Kill the children.

Son's car is finally ready.
He comes home tonight.
Leaves tomorrow after getting his car and dropping off the rental.

Suddenly he is bringing the new girlfriend.
House is a mess.

I'm gonna kill him.

We'll provide an alibi. You were here.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

My boss just called me at 8:30 at night to help him figure out how to log in to his email remotely.

We have at least 3 different ways to do this. Or he could get a fricking blackberry. Or take his laptop home.

but no. he calls me. AGAIN. I've walked him through this a million times. well not a million, but several.

hmmph.

I'm tired and obviously a little miss pissy-pants. guess I should go to bed?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We'll provide an alibi. You were here.

Well, that was the kick in the ass that we needed.

Tree is done. Stuff is under it. No names or wrapping, but I bought a lot of stuff that doesn't need to be wrapped.

The dining room table has returned to the living, with christmas tablecloth and centerpiece.

Kitchen is presentable. Nothing more, just presentable.

Bathrooms are neither dirty or spotless. In other words, clean.
Stranger should be able to use them without noticing them.

I did see Rusty's best friend was out, and didn't bring Rusty to play. But what Rusty doesn't know, shouldn't hurt him.

Dog park is mud free! One of the guys knew someone with wood chips and got a truck load delivered.

Now we will never get anything from the damn county. Once they realize we will do the work ourselves for free.

My wrist is not happy about the shoveling of wood chips and cleaning of the house.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:My boss just called me at 8:30 at night to help him figure out how to log in to his email remotely.

We have at least 3 different ways to do this. Or he could get a fricking blackberry. Or take his laptop home.

but no. he calls me. AGAIN. I've walked him through this a million times. well not a million, but several.

hmmph.

I'm tired and obviously a little miss pissy-pants. guess I should go to bed?

Nah, you'll just lay there and go over it in your mind. Stay here and calm down.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Well, that was the kick in the ass that we needed.

Tree is done. Stuff is under it. No names or wrapping, but I bought a lot of stuff that doesn't need to be wrapped.

The dining room table has returned to the living, with christmas tablecloth and centerpiece.

Kitchen is presentable. Nothing more, just presentable.

Bathrooms are neither dirty or spotless. In other words, clean.
Stranger should be able to use them without noticing them.

I did see Rusty's best friend was out, and didn't bring Rusty to play. But what Rusty doesn't know, shouldn't hurt him.

Dog park is mud free! One of the guys knew someone with wood chips and got a truck load delivered.

Now we will never get anything from the damn county. Once they realize we will do the work ourselves for free.

My wrist is not happy about the shoveling of wood chips and cleaning of the house.

But you should be happy with two jobs well done!

pooflady

Note to self: Don't order from Kohl's around Christmas. Just checked to see why my order hadn't come when everything else is either here or en route. Update - the order should be delivered between Dec. 19 and 22. Hell of a lot of good that does me. That present was supposed to be in the PA box tomorrow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Note to self: Don't order from Kohl's around Christmas. Just checked to see why my order hadn't come when everything else is either here or en route. Update - the order should be delivered between Dec. 19 and 22. Hell of a lot of good that does me. That present was supposed to be in the PA box tomorrow.

I might go to Kohls tomorrow and use my 30% off coupon.
But gotta get the car and go back to the Dr to get the results of my weird bladder test.

I did hear the word party on friday at the dog park. I wonder what time?

Oh a puppy got bite by someone and nobody knows who. There were two grumpy dogs today. One I know, he never bit another dog. Had a few fights, but never any blood and he is there every day since I;ve been going, which is 3 years now.

Another dog, that I didn't know, was being aggressive.
Since Rusty was in a passive mood, I stopped watching the dog. If Rusty was grumpy, I would have gone home.

The dog that got bit was an older, big, puppy. Good size bite. Hope the owner takes him to the doctor. Might need stitches.
Really odd, no fight, yet blood.
Also weird, the dog wasn't upset, or scared of the other dogs.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I might go to Kohls tomorrow and use my 30% off coupon.
But gotta get the car and go back to the Dr to get the results of my weird bladder test.

I did hear the word party on friday at the dog park. I wonder what time?

Oh a puppy got bite by someone and nobody knows who. There were two grumpy dogs today. One I know, he never bit another dog. Had a few fights, but never any blood and he is there every day since I;ve been going, which is 3 years now.

Another dog, that I didn't know, was being aggressive.
Since Rusty was in a passive mood, I stopped watching the dog. If Rusty was grumpy, I would have gone home.

The dog that got bit was an older, big, puppy. Good size bite. Hope the owner takes him to the doctor. Might need stitches.
Really odd, no fight, yet blood.
Also weird, the dog wasn't upset, or scared of the other dogs.

Strange.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

goodnight poof

Hanging out with all the grad students and bosses (both soon to be full on profs, found out my boss is getting promoted too - his boss got promoted a few months ago) has been fun, but I feel A) pathetically untraveled, and B) and absolute fool for not taking the GRE when I graduated with all my friends who took it then. Going back to do the math is going to suck if I do decide to go to grad school. Oh and I met a rural sociologist, which is much more interesting that it sounds.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
Traded a day at work to spend a day @ the home to observe f-i-l's physio.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Good morning.
Why is she up, you ask? Because the contractor ran something by me about the window trim yesterday that I agreed to, but now think maybe not, and I have to catch him before he starts cutting boards. Yesterday they were here at 7:30. Today, of course not.

Mavyn

Morning.

Trying to come up with an idea for dinner. Had beef stroganoff Monday night, snacked on egg salad and crackers Tuesday, last night was sausages with pasta and spinach sauce. Tomorrow we're having stew.

No clue for tonight. Hmmm...

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Morning.

Trying to come up with an idea for dinner. Had beef stroganoff Monday night, snacked on egg salad and crackers Tuesday, last night was sausages with pasta and spinach sauce. Tomorrow we're having stew.

No clue for tonight. Hmmm...

I don't see any poultry in the above list.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Who hoo! Jogged 1 mile. Doc said it was OK. I can still see so must not have damaged my eye. It is surprising how quickly you loose your ability! My legs feel it and a mile had been pretty easy for months.

A renter has moved out and left one of our residential rentals. We have to pull all the water out of the lines and winterize everything.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:I don't see any poultry in the above list.

Sausages last night were chicken. Not great, either. We got them to try and I don't think we'll get them again.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Good morning.
Why is she up, you ask? Because the contractor ran something by me about the window trim yesterday that I agreed to, but now think maybe not, and I have to catch him before he starts cutting boards. Yesterday they were here at 7:30. Today, of course not.

By the way, how is your friend's sister? I don't recall seeing a follow-up if there was one.

AZGman

Mavyn wrote:Sausages last night were chicken. Not great, either. We got them to try and I don't think we'll get them again.

Even chicken sausage is more sausagy than chickeny! You could prepare some chickeny chicken for dinner!!

Mavyn

AZGman wrote:Even chicken sausage is more sausagy than chickeny! You could prepare some chickeny chicken for dinner!!

This was more 'vegetariany' than anything-odd texture.

Chicken is now defrosting. Might end up shawarma-like on pita with a yogurt dressing.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:Might end up shawarma-like on pita with a yogurt dressing.

Woohoo!
See you for Dinner.

move along

Mavyn

j5 wrote:Woohoo!
See you for Dinner.

Sure, should be enough to share. Bring beer, will you? We're all out.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Last final this semester is today in one hour!!!!
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

I can has sedative??!?!?!

FenStar

/me runs around in circles

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:Sure, should be enough to share. Bring beer, will you? We're all out.

Sure, how about some Elliot Ness?

move along

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Morning wooters!

Ugh. Just saw bill for kiddo's hospital stay. Healthcare is EXPENSIVE, even with decent insurance!

Mavyn

j5 wrote:Sure, how about some Elliot Ness?

Acceptable.

If you'd have waited until next week, I'd share the growler of Merry Monks that I'm picking up Saturday.

Heck, come along Saturday and get some Merry Monks and their winter brew.

KtCallista

Turken wrote:Morning wooters!

Ugh. Just saw bill for kiddo's hospital stay. Healthcare is EXPENSIVE, even with decent insurance!

Yes it is! Is she home and fine now?

Ok, work, right.... this real life meetings stuff is really messing up my sleep schedule.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:/me runs around in circles

What is your address? PM me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!