dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

News story:

Most expensive apt in Manhattan was sold to a Russian billionaire.

Price? 88 million, yes eighty eight million.

He bought it for his 22 old daughter to use when she comes to NYC.

???????

How did the building approve that? No building wants 22 year olds living by themselves.
Must not be a co op.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Heh; somebody brought a whole slew of "buckeyes" to work!! I've seen them, but never had one. Never knew they were so (too) sweet!

What are they?

Arrrrrrr, the TV weather report is showing snow on Christmas.
Weather.com says sun.

WHO IS RIGHT???? I'll have to cook if the weather is bad.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:What are they?

Arrrrrrr, the TV weather report is showing snow on Christmas.
Weather.com says sun.

WHO IS RIGHT???? I'll have to cook if the weather is bad.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
AZGman wrote:Heh; somebody brought a whole slew of "buckeyes" to work!! I've seen them, but never had one. Never knew they were so (too) sweet!

Best Buckeye's I've ever had used natural, unsweetened peanut butter, and semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate. 'Regular' peanut butter is sweetened, and milk chocolate is so much sweeter as well, the combination can be overwhelming.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:That's a problem here in PA. They'll redo a road, or patch a section, and then not paint it for months on end. I hate driving at night on wet roads, have enough problems with night blindness.

I stopped. The lines just disappear. Not good.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:They know that with no lines, people drive down the middle.
We had a town meeting once, right after a main road was paved.
I told the town supervisor the lines needed to be put back and he said, because everyone drives down the middle.
So they know!
It wasn't a town road. The lines were back in a few days.

At night, or in the rain those lines are important!

Plus I'm talking about MAJOR highways.
My kids hate 95, but hell, it has signs and lines that work.

I just checked. The weather.com site is no longer saying rain christmas night.

//sigh

Plus Mom isn't driving but she won't let me find out if there is a senior bus that would take her to an activity. Usually lunch at a church or community center.
But she is depressed because she isn't getting out.
Worse than the kids!!!
A fellow worker at Hubbies job lives around the corner from Mom and her mom got picked up every day and went someplace. So I'm pretty sure there is something.
I know we have it where I live.
Mom says old people aren't friendly.

Unrelated story

I bought a Mr Bill dog toy off deals.woot
It is really funny to hear him yell OH NOOOOO

My m-i-l told the Meals on Wheels lady that she was depressed. The lady told her to get some happy pills from her doctor. So m-i-l told the doctor she wanted some happy pills and he prescribed some. Says she feels better. However, she's taking them like she would aspirin for a headache. If she feels down, she takes a happy pill. A few days later, might take another one. LOL Whatever works for her.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Best Buckeye's I've ever had used natural, unsweetened peanut butter, and semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate. 'Regular' peanut butter is sweetened, and milk chocolate is so much sweeter as well, the combination can be overwhelming.

Used to make them all the time, but with a friend. When she stopped, each kid took a turn, then husband. Everybody decided they weren't worth the effort.

And I've never seen any that looked like AZ's picture.

pooflady

60 beyootifull degrees here. Sun off and on.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Used to make them all the time, but with a friend. When she stopped, each kid took a turn, then husband. Everybody decided they weren't worth the effort.

And I've never seen any that looked like AZ's picture.

The one's here looked very close to that pic.

Mavyn

Those look like they were made with a machine...homemade ones usually are rounder.

( Fearless Homemaker Buckeyes)

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Those look like they were made with a machine...homemade ones usually are rounder.

Yeah, mine looked more like that ^^^^, but we dipped the whole thing in chocolate.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Yeah, mine looked more like that ^^^^, but we dipped the whole thing in chocolate.

Leaving that bit of the peanut butter showing is what makes them look like buckeyes, though!

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Leaving that bit of the peanut butter showing is what makes them look like buckeyes, though!

The more chocolate, the better!

AZGman

Mavyn wrote:Those look like they were made with a machine...homemade ones usually are rounder.

( Fearless Homemaker Buckeyes)

I posted a pic showing what they are; not what I ate. jeesh!!!

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Yeah, mine looked more like that ^^^^, but we dipped the whole thing in chocolate.

That just makes them spherical Reese's Cups!!

AZGman

Oh, and afternoon, folks!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:That just makes them spherical Reese's Cups!!

Yep.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Yep.

//chortle!!

pooflady

AZGman wrote://chortle!!

O M G. The table's back in the room. We could roller skate. Definitely needs more furnishings.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:O M G. The table's back in the room. We could roller skate. Definitely needs more furnishings.

Wait 'til people are seated around it; the space will magically shrink!

Do you have a buffet or sideboard?

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:

Price? 88 milion

???????

How did the building approve that? No building wants 22 year olds living by themselves.
Must not be a co op.

I'm thinking they had 88 million reasons to myob

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Wait 'til people are seated around it; the space will magically shrink!

Do you have a buffet or sideboard?

Yeah, in a different part of the room. Took a picture. Hunting for Daj's directions.

AZGman

Lala-land time.

G'night.

pooflady

LOL - looks like a conference room!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:LOL - looks like a conference room!

Looks GREAT!!!

Hi all. Mom made it in from NM. an 82 year old woman who lives down the street flew in also. She booked her flight to match mom's. She is scared to fly and travel alone. Son lives here also.

Coordinating all of that, getting then a wheelchair/ride to baggage claim, coordinating pickup was a PIA. Much easier when it's just mom.

but it was a good deed, so bonus Karma points for us.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Looks GREAT!!!

Hi all. Mom made it in from NM. an 82 year old woman who lives down the street flew in also. She booked her flight to match mom's. She is scared to fly and travel alone. Son lives here also.

Coordinating all of that, getting then a wheelchair/ride to baggage claim, coordinating pickup was a PIA. Much easier when it's just mom.

but it was a good deed, so bonus Karma points for us.

You're a nice person.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:You're a nice person.

Mom is even more so.

Actually - it was no big deal at all, and happy to help. The planning part was just stressful for mom.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Love the new space, is that shot from the kitchen? It looks really good. I can see it filling up with a group!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Love the new space, is that shot from the kitchen? It looks really good. I can see it filling up with a group!

No, this is from the living room. The kitchen is to the left, behind the cabinet with the cluttered top.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Made cookies, made more cookies, gotten lots of sleep, finally.

1 maybe 2 more presents to wrap (I won a Hallmark Jingle Dog in a giveaway on Wired's GeekMom, haven't decided if it's going to be a present or something fun to do on Christmas Eve).

Presents from SC arrived and it looks like Aunt is giving Ver3 the exact same present as Grandma is.... Orc says he'll like having two so we'll go with that. Grandma got hers on Amazon, and I might have the receipt, but he'll open that one on the 29th and the other on the 6th of Jan....

Voted not to write a Christmas letter, or send cards.... I know it's not really polite, but it's not going to happen, so I hope all my real friends can appreciated that! Will try to write a personal letter to further away family, who still don't have internet.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ooooooooooh, pretty! Very nice and roomy!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kdccrosby

ThunderThighs wrote:Ooooooooooh, pretty! Very nice and roomy!

I really like the way the floor turned out!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Wow. Empty space.
Don't worry, it will be full by Jan.
Empty space doesn't last.

Where does the door go?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Wow. Empty space.
Don't worry, it will be full by Jan.
Empty space doesn't last.

Where does the door go?

That's the pocket door that goes to the laundry room. Maybe tomorrow I can get a picture in the daylight.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That's the pocket door that goes to the laundry room. Maybe tomorrow I can get a picture in the daylight.

More photos!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

It's turned out very nicely.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Son has returned for christmas.
Cat is back for good.
He brought none of the cats stuff home.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:No, this is from the living room. The kitchen is to the left, behind the cabinet with the cluttered top.

What is the door on the left?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Made cookies, made more cookies, gotten lots of sleep, finally.

1 maybe 2 more presents to wrap (I won a Hallmark Jingle Dog in a giveaway on Wired's GeekMom, haven't decided if it's going to be a present or something fun to do on Christmas Eve).

Presents from SC arrived and it looks like Aunt is giving Ver3 the exact same present as Grandma is.... Orc says he'll like having two so we'll go with that. Grandma got hers on Amazon, and I might have the receipt, but he'll open that one on the 29th and the other on the 6th of Jan....

Voted not to write a Christmas letter, or send cards.... I know it's not really polite, but it's not going to happen, so I hope all my real friends can appreciated that! Will try to write a personal letter to further away family, who still don't have internet.

Why the 29th?
Recently I found out Little Christmas isn't really the 6th I'm not sure why
Why are you wait for the 6th?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!