dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Cat has discovered tree

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:What is the door on the left?

Goes to the deck.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Goes to the deck.

Thought the room replaced the deck.

See, I am confused. I need a floor plan!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Thought the room replaced the deck.

See, I am confused. I need a floor plan!

Goes to what's left of the deck. About 20 feet long and maybe five feet wide.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Goes to what's left of the deck. About 20 feet long and maybe five feet wide.

For long thin people?

Bowling?

Lap races?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Off to sleep.

See ya!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:For long thin people?

Bowling?

Lap races?

For the contractors to work off of.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Cat has discovered tree

That happened to my mom, she took her tree down already.

Dad works nights through the 27th (including Christmas) no point in going down until the 27th (he'll be at work by the time we arrive) a day to rest for all of us and him, then family Christmas with everyone, including sister and her husband.

The 6th is Epiphany/Three Kings Day/The 12th day of Christmas.... we started using that day to open gifts from all family who couldn't be with us, after the kids were born. We usually leave for Christmas before the last of the boxes arrive, so we had to open them when we return home, it gave us a date to do that. I also have the kids take gifts to their teachers that day. Gives me a chance to bake over the break with the kids and makes one less plate that arrives on the last day before break.

This year we will have three Christmas celebrations, 1 at home on Christmas with just the 5 of us. Then the 29th with my family. Finally on the 6th, just the 5 of us again, but this time celebrating all our relatives that live too far away to see regularly. (and if for some reason we don't go see my family, they will ship gifts that will be here by the 6th.)

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:That happened to my mom, she took her tree down already.

Dad works nights through the 27th (including Christmas) no point in going down until the 27th (he'll be at work by the time we arrive) a day to rest for all of us and him, then family Christmas with everyone, including sister and her husband.

The 6th is Epiphany/Three Kings Day/The 12th day of Christmas.... we started using that day to open gifts from all family who couldn't be with us, after the kids were born. We usually leave for Christmas before the last of the boxes arrive, so we had to open them when we return home, it gave us a date to do that. I also have the kids take gifts to their teachers that day. Gives me a chance to bake over the break with the kids and makes one less plate that arrives on the last day before break.

This year we will have three Christmas celebrations, 1 at home on Christmas with just the 5 of us. Then the 29th with my family. Finally on the 6th, just the 5 of us again, but this time celebrating all our relatives that live too far away to see regularly. (and if for some reason we don't go see my family, they will ship gifts that will be here by the 6th.)

Somewhat like us. Christmas morning, just the two of us. Then to neice's with all the extended family that can make it. Then on the 7th this year (because Of Christmas and New Year's being on a weekend) we'll have our Christmas with our kids and grandkids. That's the one I look forward to.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Great looking space, poof!! Love the tile choice!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Poof, the new space is beautiful!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Great new space, Poof!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

Thanks everyone.

And good morning.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:That happened to my mom, she took her tree down already.

OK, they all make sense.

A few years ago I heard that Little Christmas or the Epiphany isn't necessarily 1/6. I don't remember how it was being figured out.

There was a tradition in Italy to exchange gifts on Little Christmas, not Christmas day. They used Jan 6th.

All we did was slowly move the Three Wise Men, in the Nativity scene, toward the manger a little every day after Christmas. They get there on 1/6.
Then the next day you take all the Christmas stuff down.
Unless you have a live tree, that usually is gone by the 6th.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Morning wooters!

Poof - new addition looks nice!

Have to agree, Christmas seems to get almost a bit too complicated once the family members start moving so far away from each other.

We already had our "small family" celebration earlier this week. Then two more times this weekend with my immediate family and wife's immediate. Then my extended family is doing something later next week. Probably won't make it to see her extended family this year though. And then after all that excitement, there's New Years Eve and our wedding anniversary... too many parties too close together!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:LOL - looks like a conference room!

Is that a full laundry room? Like, room for the ironing board and hanging stuff and a little sink?
Or just the washer/dryer?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Is that a full laundry room? Like, room for the ironing board and hanging stuff and a little sink?
Or just the washer/dryer?

If I'm not mistaken, the laundry room is as long as the dining room is wide.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the laundry room is as long as the dining room is wide.

Yep, @16x6. Washer & dryer at one end (to the right), facing the other end with space in between for a roll-out cart. Then a stationary tub. Then there will be a four-foot table. Then the biggest cabinet I can find that will fit in about a 40x30" space. Ironing board between that and wall. To the left of the door will be a clothes rack.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Yep, @16x6. Washer & dryer at one end (to the right), facing the other end with space in between for a roll-out cart. Then a stationary tub. Then there will be a four-foot table. Then the biggest cabinet I can find that will fit in about a 40x30" space. Ironing board between that and wall. To the left of the door will be a clothes rack.

I'm sure poofguy is ecstatic!!!!!

Afternoon, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yep, @16x6. Washer & dryer at one end (to the right), facing the other end with space in between for a roll-out cart. Then a stationary tub. Then there will be a four-foot table. Then the biggest cabinet I can find that will fit in about a 40x30" space. Ironing board between that and wall. To the left of the door will be a clothes rack.

Ohhhh, nice!

About the size of the extension we may or may not ever build.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

g'night.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:I'm sure poofguy is ecstatic!!!!!

Afternoon, folks.

Yes, he is.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Hi everybody. busy day. Work this morning. Left early to go to the Walgreens Dr and I have an ear infection. late lunch with Mom and trip to Wally-World to get my prescription. (nightmare)

Grocery list made and headed to the grocery store early in the morning. Then trip to ATT&T to upgrade mom's phone and maybe one last stop at Kohl's.

After that the goal is to avoid any stores. Lot's of baking & cooking to do. YAY!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Hi everybody. busy day. Work this morning. Left early to go to the Walgreens Dr and I have an ear infection. late lunch with Mom and trip to Wally-World to get my prescription. (nightmare)

Grocery list made and headed to the grocery store early in the morning. Then trip to ATT&T to upgrade mom's phone and maybe one last stop at Kohl's.

After that the goal is to avoid any stores. Lot's of baking & cooking to do. YAY!

I found nothing anywhere.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:Hi everybody. busy day. Work this morning. Left early to go to the Walgreens Dr and I have an ear infection. late lunch with Mom and trip to Wally-World to get my prescription. (nightmare)

I'm sorry you're sick, not a good time at all.
I went on Monday to Costco and that was enough for me until MLK day.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Sorry about your ear. Does it hurt?

I'm going to the store Sat. One of my assignments for Christmas is a veggie tray and I'm not getting the veggies until then. Still can't think of a dessert to take.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Sorry about your ear. Does it hurt?

I'm going to the store Sat. One of my assignments for Christmas is a veggie tray and I'm not getting the veggies until then. Still can't think of a dessert to take.

Ear hurts some, but not too bad. More of an annoyence because it sounds like there is tissue paper stuck inside my ear.

I'm making an Apple/Cranberry pie. Made it last year, very yummy

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:I'm sorry you're sick, not a good time at all.
I went on Monday to Costco and that was enough for me until MLK day.

I bet Costco was CRAZY.

I think the antibiotics and ear drops will have me feeling better in no time

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good evening, friends! Hope all are well... well, sorry about the ear KdC. Those are extremely painful. I remember son's from last Thanksgiving (2010). He's was on pain meds for days.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kdccrosby

ThunderThighs wrote:Good evening, friends! Hope all are well... well, sorry about the ear KdC. Those are extremely painful. I remember son's from last Thanksgiving (2010). He's was on pain meds for days.

Mines really not all that bad. It hurts, but not enough for a pain pill. I have some drops for the ear for pain - not that they did much. I think if I had waited another day for the dr it would have been a different story.

Ready for Christmas>?

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:Mines really not all that bad. It hurts, but not enough for a pain pill. I have some drops for the ear for pain - not that they did much. I think if I had waited another day for the dr it would have been a different story.

Ready for Christmas>?

Yup, did the last of the shopping today. I screwed up on 2 gifts... I must not have clicked the final button to complete the order after the PayPal part so not ordered. Ordered them today and paid extra for shipping but they still won't be in until next week. Sigh. Niece & Niece-in-Law. They'll live.

You?

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kdccrosby

ThunderThighs wrote:Yup, did the last of the shopping today. I screwed up on 2 gifts... I must not have clicked the final button to complete the order after the PayPal part so not ordered. Ordered them today and paid extra for shipping but they still won't be in until next week. Sigh. Niece & Niece-in-Law. They'll live.

You?

Done except for grocery shopping and trip to AT&T. Might make extra trip to Kohl's to exchange some slippers. All tomorrow. For the first time in forever I might manage to stay out of the stores on Christmas Eve!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:I bet Costco was CRAZY.

I think the antibiotics and ear drops will have me feeling better in no time

Costco was emptier than normal tonight.

Almost no christmas stuff left, other than food.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:Costco was emptier than normal tonight.

Almost no christmas stuff left, other than food.

Guess everyone thought it would be really busy like I did, and went early...

Edit: So I spoke too soon because ear is hurting now. going to bed

Night!

pooflady

Was just talking to my sister when she got a call from the hospital that she ought to come in. Prayers needed.

Edit: They didn't make it to the hospital in time. Packing now. Leaving first thing in the morning. This really sucks.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Was just talking to my sister when she got a call from the hospital that she ought to come in. Prayers needed.

Edit: They didn't make it to the hospital in time. Packing now. Leaving first thing in the morning. This really sucks.

So sorry Poof. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:So sorry Poof. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks. This is going to be the most horrible Christmas possible. And the kids will always associate Christmas with their dad dying. It shouldn't be allowed.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Thanks. This is going to be the most horrible Christmas possible. And the kids will always associate Christmas with their dad dying. It shouldn't be allowed.

I feel ya! My friend's Mom passed on Monday morning. The services are while we are out of town, so I'm trying to come up with a nice card.... BFF's Mom is running out of weeks too.... no call yet. I really hope to see her while we are visiting Mom and Dad. She's one of the biggest reasons I survived high school. Was denied cancer screening by Blue Cross 5 years ago, 5 weeks ago they decided there was way too much cancer to do anything, gave her 6 weeks to live.

Safe travels Poof! I'm glad your construction finished before this happened, you definitely don't need that stress. Hugs to you and all your family!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.