kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Was just talking to my sister when she got a call from the hospital that she ought to come in. Prayers needed.

Edit: They didn't make it to the hospital in time. Packing now. Leaving first thing in the morning. This really sucks.

Oh No Poof. So very sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

((hugs))

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

Safe travels, Poof. Sorry about your BIL--at least he didn't suffer long.

kd--did the doctor comment on your ear infection? I never had them as a kid, had my first at 22. Was horrible, I had no idea what was wrong. Dr was shocked at how bad it was, brought in the peds Dr to see it. Had to have a wick installed, could barely move without getting motion sick from the imbalance from all the pressure on my ear. I get them frequently now, especially if a sinus infection sneaks up on me. The sinus infection is never that bad, a bit of pressure and stuffiness, but the ear infections leave me flat. And a new Doctor will always tell me 'Adults don't get ear infections!'

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Sorry Poof, praying for you and your family. Safe travels!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Poof, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Poof my thoughts and prayers to you and you family. Have a safe trip.

Kid.- Get well soon

Drama @ the nursing home. I have to go for a meeting with the management after work.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

Flash just farted; had to leave the room!!!

AZGman

laters.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Sorry for everyone who is sick and who has sickness in their family and have suffered a loss - never a good time for sure, but it does take the joy from the holiday for sure.

Went to doctor yesterday - virus that has been hovering for about a month has a choke hold on me now. Of course, nothing to do for it but symptomatic relief (which has not worked yet) and just hanging in there. They sent me for a chest Xray although all of the nasty stuff seems to be in my throat. I have coughed so much every rib and torso muscle is sore. Thank goodness my company does not arrive for a week - hopefully will be better by then.

Wishing everyone a decent holiday - joyous would be my regular word - but in light of some of what is going on, perhaps not achievable for some right now. Peace on out.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Thanks. This is going to be the most horrible Christmas possible. And the kids will always associate Christmas with their dad dying. It shouldn't be allowed.

That is true.

There was a family here who lost their father, then the son was hit riding his bike and died at 17. On Sept 11.

Then on the first anniversary of his death....Sept 11 happened.

His mom stands no chance of trying to make it a normal day.

Same thing here. It wasn't Christmas day, but way too close.

I don't off hand know anyones death date. Except ARGH for some reason.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Sorry for everyone who is sick and who has sickness in their family and have suffered a loss - never a good time for sure, but it does take the joy from the holiday for sure.

Went to doctor yesterday - virus that has been hovering for about a month has a choke hold on me now. Of course, nothing to do for it but symptomatic relief (which has not worked yet) and just hanging in there. They sent me for a chest Xray although all of the nasty stuff seems to be in my throat. I have coughed so much every rib and torso muscle is sore. Thank goodness my company does not arrive for a week - hopefully will be better by then.

Wishing everyone a decent holiday - joyous would be my regular word - but in light of some of what is going on, perhaps not achievable for some right now. Peace on out.

Feel better.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

Mavyn wrote:Morning.

Safe travels, Poof. Sorry about your BIL--at least he didn't suffer long.

kd--did the doctor comment on your ear infection? I never had them as a kid, had my first at 22. Was horrible, I had no idea what was wrong. Dr was shocked at how bad it was, brought in the peds Dr to see it. Had to have a wick installed, could barely move without getting motion sick from the imbalance from all the pressure on my ear. I get them frequently now, especially if a sinus infection sneaks up on me. The sinus infection is never that bad, a bit of pressure and stuffiness, but the ear infections leave me flat. And a new Doctor will always tell me 'Adults don't get ear infections!'

Didn't really say much. Just that I have fluid buildup and an ear infection. I think I caught it early enough that it wasn't that bad. It was hurting this morning, but the drops helped. I'm already feeling better.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:Flash just farted; had to leave the room!!!

Mom farted in the store. We left the aisle.

kdccrosby

klozitshoper wrote:Sorry for everyone who is sick and who has sickness in their family and have suffered a loss - never a good time for sure, but it does take the joy from the holiday for sure.

Hope you feel better Klozit! There is a virus going around here too that seems to concentrate on throat pain, rather than stuff going into the chest.... (at least that's what I was told)

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:Mom farted in the store. We left the aisle.

I was driven out; you all escaped guilt.

klozitshoper

Thanks everyone. Nothing I take is helping; therefore, I guess it is just going to take time. Hope it all goes away before my former neighbor comes in next week for a week. She won't want to stay in the same house with my barking. Even the dog & cat look worried when it starts and does not stop. Perhaps the only blessing in it is I have zero appetite even though the people who clean for me brought lots of candy today.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I feel ya! My friend's Mom passed on Monday morning. The services are while we are out of town, so I'm trying to come up with a nice card.... BFF's Mom is running out of weeks too.... no call yet. I really hope to see her while we are visiting Mom and Dad. She's one of the biggest reasons I survived high school. Was denied cancer screening by Blue Cross 5 years ago, 5 weeks ago they decided there was way too much cancer to do anything, gave her 6 weeks to live.

Safe travels Poof! I'm glad your construction finished before this happened, you definitely don't need that stress. Hugs to you and all your family!

You can never tell with the estimates.
The school teacher was told he had up to a year, and he died less than 10 days later.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:You can never tell with the estimates.
The school teacher was told he had up to a year, and he died less than 10 days later.

I know, my uncle passed his estimate by 3 months... others, like my friend's mom, go suddenly. Still, with lungs completely full of cancer, she won't make it that much longer.

It's been a rough fall here, I haven't had so many deaths to deal with in years. I guess it's just one of those years, harder on my parents I guess, they are 2 sets of three up on me. (My Mom counts deaths in sets of three.)

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

death and illness; it's sad but happens every day.

Can we move on?

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:death and illness; it's sad but happens every day.

Can we move on?

Sorry yes, umm so the Santa countdown has 9 hours left before his departure. Anyone else got last minute details?

We've got a few plates of cookies, Orc made rice cream pies (like ice cream, but no milk) in pumpkin and apple. Made jello salads last night. Kids want to make chocolate and popcorn balls, but my marshmallows are too old (caramelized instead of melting - seems to happen to the first batch every year.)

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Sorry yes, umm so the Santa countdown has 9 hours left before his departure. Anyone else got last minute details?

I've unloaded most of the guns so Santa isn't accidentally shot!!

joyner

KtCallista wrote:Sorry yes, umm so the Santa countdown has 9 hours left before his departure. Anyone else got last minute details?

We've got a few plates of cookies, Orc made rice cream pies (like ice cream, but no milk) in pumpkin and apple. Made jello salads last night. Kids want to make chocolate and popcorn balls, but my marshmallows are too old (caramelized instead of melting - seems to happen to the first batch every year.)

NORAD has cool new stuff this year to track Santa. Or maybe I missed it last year but it looks like fun.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:I've unloaded most of the guns so Santa isn't accidentally shot!!

Always a good policy. My kids are all looking forward to his arrival. They want to leave out the space train that he gave them a couple years ago, so he can see how much they enjoy it (even though their little brother destroys the tracks most of the time).

KtCallista

joyner wrote:NORAD has cool new stuff this year to track Santa. Or maybe I missed it last year but it looks like fun.

I just downloaded the phone ap, it's got some fun games. We usually put the actual tracker up on the TV for the kids to watch. Gives them some world Geography and it builds anticipation.

AZGman

See y'all after awhile.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

just like seasonal weather!

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:I've unloaded most of the guns so Santa isn't accidentally shot!!

Most? Keeping one loaded just in case you don't like your gift?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Can we move on?

Here. I've been saving this for months now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOYVlRHuymc

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

Anybody got an idea to stop throat tickle and unstoppable coughing? I tried cough drops, am using the prescription nosedrops, not even using my voice to speak to the dog (she does not listen anyway, so it is always a one-way conversation - does not even have the courtesy to lift her head). I think I may have cracked a rib or two, but I think there is nothing that can be done for that except to stop coughing, please God.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Anybody got an idea to stop throat tickle and unstoppable coughing? I tried cough drops, am using the prescription nosedrops, not even using my voice to speak to the dog (she does not listen anyway, so it is always a one-way conversation - does not even have the courtesy to lift her head). I think I may have cracked a rib or two, but I think there is nothing that can be done for that except to stop coughing, please God.

Hope it goes away soon.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

klozitshoper wrote:Anybody got an idea to stop throat tickle and unstoppable coughing? I tried cough drops, am using the prescription nosedrops, not even using my voice to speak to the dog (she does not listen anyway, so it is always a one-way conversation - does not even have the courtesy to lift her head). I think I may have cracked a rib or two, but I think there is nothing that can be done for that except to stop coughing, please God.

cepracol
I hope you get better soon.Sux to be ill over the holidays

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Here. I've been saving this for months now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOYVlRHuymc

I laughed at that. Thanks I really needed it

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I laughed at that. Thanks I really needed it

It took me awhile to find it. I figured it had to be on the internet.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Tried Chloraseptic Spray? That's what they had me use when I had my tonsils out about 6 yrs ago. They had me use the children's formula though - no alcohol so it would hurt. Every hour or so.

The best numbing drops I've found and use are the Halls Fruit Breezers. I used to have to use them all the time before I had my tonsils out for tickles & coughing.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Tried Chloraseptic Spray? That's what they had me use when I had my tonsils out about 6 yrs ago. They had me use the children's formula though - no alcohol so it would hurt. Every hour or so.

The best numbing drops I've found and use are the Halls Fruit Breezers. I used to have to use them all the time before I had my tonsils out for tickles & coughing.

So, are we going to know? Or will it be a secret?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

just made snickerdoodles. yum!

making an apple/cranberry pie in the morning. Then cooking clam chowder.

Christmas day is roasted chicken, mashed red potatoes and fresh green beans.

having fun cooking.

kdccrosby

ThunderThighs wrote:Tried Chloraseptic Spray? That's what they had me use when I had my tonsils out about 6 yrs ago. They had me use the children's formula though - no alcohol so it would hurt. Every hour or so.

I've always kept Chloroseptic spray on hand for the sore throat. I always over use it though. But it hasn't killed me yet! (generic brands from Walgreens or CVS work just as well)

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I've always kept Chloroseptic spray on hand for the sore throat. I always over use it though. But it hasn't killed me yet! (generic brands from Walgreens or CVS work just as well)

I used to keep that in my sax case when I played a lot. Worked well, but really ruined the reeds.

Klosit- Do be careful I did some real damage last year with a persistent cough. I had to do a bunch of exercises to repair my shoulder and I also separated ribs. If you can't stop the coughing, try to hug a pillow or wrap your arms around your midsection to reduce the stress, especially if it's already hurting.

klozitshoper

Thanks everyone. Will go out to the drugstore first thing when dawn breaks! I don't have one that is open all night close by, and I don't want to drive any distance right now. Fell asleep for a bit - sitting up of course - which has helped some. I will try the pillow hug - would have never thought of that, thanks. Del, tonsils out? I had mine out at age 4 and they grew back some. If you had yours done six years ago, it cannot have been a great experience. Back in the day, it was a rite of passage - every kid had their tonsils out by age 6 or prior to entering school. What a barbaric time, huh?

klozitshoper

dontwantaname wrote:It took me awhile to find it. I figured it had to be on the internet.

Laughed so hard, coughed so much. Needed that too, even tough it probably wasn't the best to sit and laugh and cough like I did. Hilarious.

joyner

Good morning everybody!