meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
Re: Swedish Chef

Very nice. He looks a lot more wrinkled here than he did in the sketch though...
GMV!

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18

Here's a little something for all my fellow Muppet lovers. Hope you enjoy. Here's where you can see the large file.

Astronomer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Astronomer
Re: Cute Has A Flavor

I'm voting for this even though you misspelled 'Wabbit'.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Sunny Side Up

Dude, I would totally wear this even though I only eat sunny-side-up eggs on top of huevos rancheros. I dunno why... they're just gross otherwise. +1!

ps... midgerock you are being extra silly this derby.

mamaGiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamaGiraffe
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58040]

Crap. I'm pretty sure I have too many colors. I didn't realize it until after I shut off my computer and was headed to bed. I couldn't worry about it then. As it was, I was already getting to bed after midnight and I have a 3-year-old and a 5-month-old....neither of whom sleep through the night. I was already on borrowed time.
Watch for a re-sub I guess.

SJulian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
Re: Family breakfast

I'll vote for this design in hopes to see more work like this from you, it's actually not half bad

ochopika

Staff

Re: Spite

lol! It's so true. +1! By the way, your t-shirt store looks great! I'm thinking of making one with that shirt printing site as well. Is it as good as they make it out to be on their site?

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

msthousing4, zozobra2011, and walmazan- Thank you for the kind comments!

kristina1225 and orevvero-
It is supposed to be frosting, cakebatter or other liquid food stuff. I had it pink/purplish originally, but I liked the combo of the teal-ish frosting and pinkish pigs.

I can see how it could be interpreted as water.
In retrospect, I should have made it a cake on the floor.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
yanimator wrote:Hi, I am Kevin Yan, I am a freelance illustrator, and am also known as yanimator online and at anime conventions I frequent. A friend of mine directed me to this design today. It copies a very popular print I have designed and sold at anime conventions for the past 1.5 year.

Here is a link from my personal webpage:

[/url]
http://yanimator.deviantart.com
http://artvoxstudio.com

Ramy and Seki have been known to rip off artists' concepts, including my own at anime cons. So I feel this should be brought to the attention of the community. Thanks.

I have never defended Ramy (I usually make fun of his defenders and mock his designs) but I think you're out of line. The ONLY similarity that I see is the "Hey! Hey! Hey!" text as background. His portrayal of Link is typical Ramy, and his design is really just a commercial take on some of the ideas that were being tossed around in the pre-derby thread. And... I predict that your accusation will result in all of his followers rushing to his defense and voting for this design - you probably just did him a favor!

ochopika

Staff

Re: Build-A-Wife Workshop

Hah! I just lol'ed in real life. This is a great idea for the next time I make gingerbread people...

ochopika

Staff

danielsont wrote:I love biscuits and mustard!!

I've never heard of biscuits and mustard. Is this a regional thing, like poutine or pickled pig's feet? Lovely drawing, by the way.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: cthulhu sauce

Y'all are on a roll!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
greenlightgo722 wrote:This is everything I have ever wanted in a breakfast. Genius!

And More! Thanks!

mamaGiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamaGiraffe
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58072]

Here it is again. I counted the colors this time.

Great shirt for the upcoming holidays!

brownsquirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brownsquirrel
ochopika wrote:snip

I quite like all of the clutter. It's gives the shirt a lot more charm. I think it would be too bland and lifeless without it. And really, anyone who has baked from scratch a lot knows it's a messy business and there's always stuff everywhere.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: BLTee

It's a BLTee shirt, and a very bad pun. Sorry.

redburr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redburr
Re: It's Cookin' Time!

+1 that is a awesome shirt :D

thepetitemermaid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepetitemermaid

Cute!

bigpauly85

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigpauly85

Excellent design very creative. Look forward to buying one.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: Family breakfast

When the "no stars wars" rule isn't in effect in a derby that derby becomes a stars wars derby.

Knarpulous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Knarpulous
yanimator wrote:Hi, I am Kevin Yan, I am a freelance illustrator, and am also known as yanimator online and at anime conventions I frequent. A friend of mine directed me to this design today. It copies a very popular print I have designed and sold at anime conventions for the past 1.5 year.

]

Really, the joke of Na'vi being annoying to Link is hardly an original idea, neither artists certainly came up with it. The only other similarity I see is the text behind the figure, which is actually quite a common thing in comics to indicate an overwhelming/annoying amount of noise. The joke is different in both designs, Ramy's is to fit in with the kitchen theme, Yanimator's is just a general 'hey look erryone Na'vi is annoying' thing.

I'm not a Ramy fan, I don't even vote on half of his stuff because I don't like wearing shirts with cute animals, but I really feel like you are just grasping to find any tiny thing you can accuse him of, simply because he has a supposed 'reputation' in the community. The fact that you brought up Seki's name when she has nothing to do with this at all makes me think you are trying to start a fight.

ochopika

Staff

Re: Time For Groceries

collin, this is totally rad. +1!!

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus

Kind of creepy design. All that extra skin makes it look like he's got someone else's face pulled over his head. Still gets a vote though.

erenna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erenna

cute drawing

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
arek920 wrote:f it weren't anime *and he was holding a spoon*, it would definitely get my vote.

Good luck, anyhow.

Ok people.
Follow along.
When making soup, I cut the vegetables, then use the knife to scrape them off the cutting board into the pot. Imagine he just scraped some broccoli in and he's clenching the knife in frustration. So stop with this "needs a spoon" business. It's fine as is.

Second thing; I've read all the Ramy/seki (slash? ) history here and on encyclopedia dramatica, so I'm not "uninformed. The copyright claim above is a huge stretch. In fact, in the words of the venerable click and clack, it's boooooogus.

For the record, I still didn't vote for this or any other "Link" design in this or any prior derbies for that matter.

move along

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Breakfast of Plumbers

This defiantly beats having Luigi's Pizza for breakfast. Great work Patrick!

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Makin' Bread

I really like your style on this and congrats on your honorable mention for your poke-o-matic shirt. I'm excited to vote in the next double take.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
j5 wrote:I like this, I do, but two things bug me:
1. the burner ovals are askew. Guidelines would have helped with that.
2. Darth's mask looks a bit odd to me. Not sure why exactly.

#1 bugs be a slight bit more, but overall, this does work out pretty well. The shadows are in good perspective too (light source from the top left), one aspect that tends to be off with his other designs (and has been for years).

aausterm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aausterm
Re: The College Citchen

Here is a detail of the buttons:

vbn568

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbn568
Re: Cake 101

The Cake Is NOT a Lie!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Makin' Bread

This is adorable The style is really charming

fongandrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fongandrew
Radscoolian wrote:msthousing4, zozobra2011, and walmazan- Thank you for the kind comments!

kristina1225 and orevvero-
It is supposed to be frosting, cakebatter or other liquid food stuff. I had it pink/purplish originally, but I liked the combo of the teal-ish frosting and pinkish pigs.

I can see how it could be interpreted as water.
In retrospect, I should have made it a cake on the floor.

I'd vote for it if the blue frosting made more sense. Pork and blue stuff don't really go together. Maybe butter?

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Build-A-Wife Workshop

I'm really dense when it comes to these things so it took me a while before I got it, but then I got a good chuckle out of it- great design :D

ultimatejeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultimatejeff
Re: Monster Mash

Makes me think of Calvin and Hobbes when Calvin was always battling with his monstrous food.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07

[/url]
http://yanimator.deviantart.com
http://artvoxstudio.com

Ramy and Seki have been known to rip off artists' concepts, including my own at anime cons. So I feel this should be brought to the attention of the community. Thanks.

As others have said, the copyright claim you're making is a gigantic stretch, at best. I might be more persuaded if your Link was in a kitchen. Or cooking. Or anything else resembling the design other than Link and an annoying Navi.

There are legitimate copyright claims and there are what you have, sir. Your more-or-less baseless claim in this instance will only detract from future instances of copyright claims.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Drew, you do good work, but I've noticed that you tend to overwork human faces. This is cleaner than your prior entries, but still overdone.
Needs more brow and stach, fewer facial lines.

Vs.

Hrm...not sure why gourd butkus isn't posting for me.

move along

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:As others have said, the copyright claim you're making is a gigantic stretch, at best. I might be more persuaded if your Link was in a kitchen. Or cooking. Or anything else resembling the design other than Link and an annoying Navi.

There are legitimate copyright claims and there are what you have, sir. Your more-or-less baseless claim in this instance will only detract from future instances of copyright claims.

In addition, might as well bring this up preemptively:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/296/9/2/the_real_cooking_navi_by_lamberblamber-d31bj4q.jpg

That being said, subject matter similarity aside, don't see a copyright claim here either.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

ultimatejeff

Re: Rise Up

I think this might be my favorite one. It's funny and it looks good on a shirt. I hope you get lots more votes and your rebellion can take down the empire.

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
j5 wrote:Drew, you do good work, but I've noticed that you tend to overwork human faces. This is cleaner than your prior entries, but still overdone.
Needs more brow and stach, fewer facial lines.

Vs.

I admit that I went a little ink happy. Just got to work on reigning in the detail. Thanks for the feedback everyone

ultimatejeff

Re: NecroNOMicon

This is great! I would love to have an actual NecroNOMicon novelty cook book.