paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: When Paula Deen Diets...

Really, Rejectionator - this isn't much of a likeness - could be anyone. It's the joke that makes it work. Way to demotivate a newcomer. Bad form, Woot, bad form.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
jorlyfish wrote:Should be the 2% anyway. ;)

Or 1%. I agree, though. I'm surprised I haven't seen more "I AM THE 2%!" shirts. They must be out there.

jimhawley1951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimhawley1951

Rejected ????? Hey, I get it, and would buy it!

hawley35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawley35
Re: Hell's Kitchen: Cartoon Edition

Why is this rejected? What does can't do it mean? This is a great shirt! Let us vote for it!

paigeg

Re: Swedish Chef

I have to agree with the others - the sketch was far nicer. This one got away from you.

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
hawley35 wrote:Why is this rejected? What does can't do it mean? This is a great shirt! Let us vote for it!

Can't do it it means copyright infringement. But it is a nice idea, even if it is illegal.

hawley35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawley35
drewpac18 wrote:Can't do it it means copyright infringement. But it is a nice idea, even if it is illegal.

Why arn't all the the Mario, Zelda, and Star Wars Shirts Rejected then?

stingray69

Re: Turtle soup!

I like seeing Shredder in an apron but the turtles chained up in the background creep me out.

rachy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachy
midgerock wrote:Those are not real ninjas. Those are children dressed in black stealing cupcakes. How do I know this? well a real ninja wouldn't drop those cupcakes. I'm not a ninja. I am a fat guy and I know darn well I wouldn't drop a cupcake let alone two on the ground. Plus the cupcakes would be in my belly already before leaving to make sure I wouldn't drop the cupcakes. So suck it cupcake ninjas or I mean cupcake napping children in black pajamas.

I'm calling them cupcake ninjas-in-training. Epic fail to drop a cupcake but they certainly made off with an impressive amount (and without squishing them). They have some work to do but they have potential for their future.

paigeg

Re: cthulhu sauce

Love, love love this. I think it may be a bit on the huge-on-the-shirt side for me, but great, fun idea.

stingray69

Re: yup, thats where it comes from!

So true. I think "Overcharge" should be step 3, though.

anidi79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anidi79
Re: Dangerous Discovery RE-SUB

:D so cute!!

greenlightgo722

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenlightgo722
hawley35 wrote:Why arn't all the the Mario, Zelda, and Star Wars Shirts Rejected then?

I would say there are probably a few reasons, including, this shirt's image doesn't have any parody, the characters are exactly taken from the images in the movies without any artist's rendering, Disney characters are super heavily copyright-protected while nintendo lets copyright slide in favor of parody. I honestly can't say an exact reason, but from previous rejections, and shirts that have not been rejected those are my assumptions.

paigeg

Re: know your knives

You're as bad as my husband. He just puts the knives on the magnet any-old-way. I line up the slicers, then the choppers, then the serrated... Sheesh!

xepherys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xepherys
Re: This was a triumph

Such... a... great... shirt!

capfund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capfund
arink93 wrote:awesome shirt... I found this design while in the middle of writing an extremely long c++ program at 4am. Made the rest of my night tolerable.

I remember the days when I was in college and having 20+ hours of weekly c++ assignments, now that I do it for a living it makes it much more enjoyable, homework code always sucked!

stingray69

Re: Family breakfast

Better than your usual fare but it seems rushed. A few more details like blue milk instead of orange juice and "Empire's Greatest Dad" on the apron would help a lot and the counter top/stove look really weird. I think it's a perspective thing, it looks like the floor is about 10 feet down.

edit: I guess a couple people beat me to it with the milk and empire ideas. It's only Monday, resubmit an improved version.

stingray69

Re: Pineapple Grenades

Great color choices here. The yellow really brings out all the other colors and it looks great on that shade of blue.

capfund

So good! But I thought the cake was a lie...

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Frakin' Toasters

Sorry. Been done: Fracking tees

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Lissi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lissi
npromero wrote:Oh Ramen. I've eaten more of you than I care to admit.

I would of never known that this was about ramen. Your noodles look like bacon and the package looks like milk. I was very confused as to what was happening.

reliseme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reliseme
Re: Breakfast Program v.2

How about
if time == 0;

and

if ~$;

?

Still, nice shirt. I'd wear it.

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
Mavyn wrote:Sorry. Been done: Fracking tees

then don't vote for it. But I don't see why not to have it available for the derby.

"taste the beast"

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
unionboggle wrote:then don't vote for it. But I don't see why not to have it available for the derby.

Because Woot has a rejection criterion for Similar Shirts Exist.

move along

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: MmmHmmmmmm.. Good Eatin'

I'm a bit bored, so here we go....

NopHotOs

move along

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
paigeg wrote:Love, love love this. I think it may be a bit on the huge-on-the-shirt side for me, but great, fun idea.

Thanks! It is big but we we're going for that label of the bottle look.

Nothing follows.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Food Art

You need to submit a mockup, showing were on the tee your image would be placed. Rejectionable otherwise. Possibly even with, as this may have gradients...kind of hard to see.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jesswong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesswong

This is a great shirt for cooks, well done!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Hell's Kitchen: Cartoon Edition

Woot's rule is no celebrity likenesses. It would be rejected just for one, and this has more. If you look at the Star Wars entries for this derby, you will not see a known face. Darth's mask is allowed, because the Star Wars folks allow parodies.

One more thing - look carefully at all the shirts that have parodies that are not rejected. You won't see a front view of a face.

No Pacman shirts or Beatles shirts, even if they are parodies are allowed, because the people who own those copyrights are very persnickety about them, and are not afraid to sue. The post before me mentioned Disney, and they are in this same category.

The derby is for original art. Direct copying is not original, even when legal. If you did this free hand, I apologize. But if you can do this freehand, you have enormous talent that should be put to use drawing something new. Good luck!

capfund

This entry is great! GMV

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
paigeg wrote:Really, Rejectionator - this isn't much of a likeness - could be anyone. It's the joke that makes it work. Way to demotivate a newcomer. Bad form, Woot, bad form.

If Paula Deen is picky about people using her name or her picture, then woot is within their rights to reject this. Above all, they have to do what their lawyers tell them.

capfund

Re: cthulhu sauce

Funny shirt, 150 mL = 5.07 COME ON! lol jk gmv

capfund

Re: The Horror!

Reminds me of something, I have seen already... But I just can't eggsactly think of what it could be... Sure is SUNNY out, I woke up on the wrong SIDE of the bed today, looked in the mirror and was like EWWWWWW....

kentzonestar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kentzonestar
capfund wrote:Reminds me of something, I have seen already... But I just can't eggsactly think of what it could be... Sure is SUNNY out, I woke up on the wrong SIDE of the bed today, looked in the mirror and was like EWWWWWW....

Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw that entry since I posted this on a different site months ago.

lilazndumpling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilazndumpling
Re: Sunny Side Eww

Hopefully they can *crack* the case. ;) GMV!

kentzonestar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kentzonestar
kentzonestar wrote:Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw that entry since I posted this on a different site months ago.

I just love it when someone takes my idea and accuses me of stealing it.

luvbabying

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luvbabying
Re: Sunny Side Eww

WHAT THE HECK!!!! My boyfriend did this with potatoes months ago!! Look on threadless website!!! http://www.threadless.com/submission/365157/The_Horror

Check your dates!

thesspa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesspa
ecila wrote:I like it, but what I don't get are the colours. I would likely buy this for a guy, most of the guys I know wouldn't love the colour choices.

agreed - guy topic but not guy colors

Leudast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leudast
Re: Meatatarian

a thousand wants

pahkmycah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pahkmycah

Easily my favorite entry in this derby, fingers crossed this is printed!