4%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

cclemone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cclemone

Well... that's the fastest I've bought a woot shirt before...

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

The cake is not a lie. Nope - it was delicious.

coolestghoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolestghoul
cclemone wrote:Well... that's the fastest I've bought a woot shirt before...

Ditto. In fact ... I might buy two.

epistemologonhere

quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere

I don't understand this shirt. what are the three logos / eyes, whatever they are on the objects in the picture?

___

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Holy cow, now this was a skyrocketing shirt!!! First place with a late sub. TJost is a robot shirt master :D. Congrats dude!

Also now I want cake. BLAST.

watermice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages watermice

OH MY GOD PORTAL!!!!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Wow, yeah this must have shot into first. LOL. Everybody loves cake made with robot love.

bassanimation

Predicting a sell out, and a new #1, so that means TJost would have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place on the Reckoning. @_@ Baaaamf!

fiestea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fiestea
epistemologonhere wrote:I don't understand this shirt. what are the three logos / eyes, whatever they are on the objects in the picture?

Me either.

abramokids

quality posts: 16 Private Messages abramokids

$20 well spent... Well, no, I had a $20 off code BUT I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT NO MATTER WHAT!!!

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

It feels like we've come full circle with the "Portal and Cake" shirts here on woot.

The old "The Cake is a Liar" shirt was on the uncommon shirt color of orange, and the game reference was odd enough that some people had to have the reference explained to them.

Now, here we are, a few years later, and everyone has heard of Portal and will get the reference, and the shirt color is on the more common color of slate.

Seems like the "Circle of Life" should be playing...

lonelypond

quality posts: 408 Private Messages lonelypond

Cold, efficient, successful...but is it tasty?

JCPenelope87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JCPenelope87

Can I put that bowl and mixer on my wedding gift registry??

rgmekanic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgmekanic

in for 1 before it sells out. Awesome shirt

tomcall

quality posts: 102 Private Messages tomcall

Had I not known what Portal was, I would have guessed the mixer was HAL 9000.

mcnaryxc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcnaryxc

Huge Portal fan, but I have to pass. I have this thing where I can't wear shirts about video games.

Although, I can tell my sell won't matter. This artist is going to make a ton of money off this shirt regardless.

eddiesox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddiesox

Happened to be playing portal at the time I was buying this shirt. Multitasking ftw.

jeffjonez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeffjonez

At least there are no frankenturrets. Those things creep me out.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

So that's why you had to keep such careful track of the companion cube! Its contents were much too precious to be carelessly discarded or forgotten.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Yay! I'm glad I checked tonight since it won't surprise me to see this one sell out.

sykotek

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sykotek

Coincidence this shirt is here today.

ATTN: Fellow Steam users, Steam has been hacked, please read this:
Article from Kotaku

You might want to change your passwords and read the part about how to deauthorize all other computers trying to access your account.

dmcgee3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmcgee3

Everytime I see cake it reminds me of that time I thought UV cake flavored vodka was the best thing I ever tasted. This lasted for one night. Now I can't look at cake without feeling a little sick

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

I'll break down the Portal references:

-The mixer is a stand-in for the turret guns.

-The mixing bowl is a stand-in for Wheatly.

-The cake is a stand in for the companion cube.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6
epistemologonhere wrote:I don't understand this shirt. what are the three logos / eyes, whatever they are on the objects in the picture?

The shirt references Portal 2. The two objects, the mixer and the bowl, are the two turrets you play as in the Portal 2 multiplayer.

The cake is in the form of a Companion cube, your best friend in the first game till you have to burn it to death to open a door.

The cake is originally a lie, a reward you are supposed to get for finishing the puzzles in Portal 1. Chell (the main character) must have got fed up with the lies and made her own cake in the shirt.

Hope this helps you understand.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

mysticeden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mysticeden

I couldn't buy this one fast enough @_@

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

that's what we call *binge money* *binge money* *binge money*

congrats on another one tjost

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Look what the disassembly chamber spat out, some familiar looking kitchen appliances and another shirt by tjost. You must have been tired of all those cookies. Now you have cake. Congratulations tjost!

FezMonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages FezMonkey

Okay. I think this was the absolute funniest write-up I've read since I started w00ting all those years back.

MacArthur Park? It's so perfect, it's absurd. No, wait. Scratch that and reverse it. Yes, it's so absurd, it's perfect. Almost as if Richard Harris sang specifically for this moment. Like, he got caught in a time portal where he saw a website peddling cheap shirts several years after his death, then zoomed back to before he made the record and insisted on a song about a cake. No one got it: not his agent, not the musicians, not the studio engineers. But Richard knew. HE KNEW! So, with a nod to the future, he sang a song that baffled and confused everyone when it was released, understanding that in late 2011, it would all make perfect sense.

The cake isn't a lie at all. It has a name, and it has a purpose. Just don't leave it in a damp climate.

Well done, lads. Well done, indeed.

"yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi

What the...? Woot has been digging thru my mom's old 8-track music collection again.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Oh, and a free suggestion to Woot, in case you want us to spend more money ... reprint The Cake is a Liar but on royal blue (since there's no more orange blanks). Y'know, like how it was reprinted last time because of overwhelming popularity of The Cheese is a Liederkranz.

neoinvasion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neoinvasion
dmcgee3 wrote:Everytime I see cake it reminds me of that time I thought UV cake flavored vodka was the best thing I ever tasted. This lasted for one night. Now I can't look at cake without feeling a little sick

My husband and I bought that stuff about 2 months back. Actually, I had to convince him it was worth getting, because he was pretty set on the idea that I would take one drink and hate it, which means he would most likely hate it (he likes his girly drinks almost more than I do). Yea, the bottle was gone in one night too. And let me tell you, it is DELICIOUS with lemonade. Mhmmm hmmmm.

bassanimation

Narfcake wrote:Oh, and a free suggestion to Woot, in case you want us to spend more money ... reprint The Cake is a Liar but on royal blue (since there's no more orange blanks). Y'know, like how it was reprinted last time because of overwhelming popularity of The Cheese is a Liederkranz.

The mouse nibbled the cake!

jessierahl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jessierahl

This was indeed a triumph. First place!

Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire. Deserve victory. Tagla vassternich.

Zetabee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Zetabee

I was going to buy this shirt, but then I thought about how sad it would be to eat the companion cube. :'(

THE CUBE WAS MY FRIEND

CaptainReginald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaptainReginald

Bought two. I really hope they didn't skimp on the "cross borehole electro-magnetic imaging rhubarb".

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Narrrrrr. I'm in indecision. I love video games. I play video games all the time. And yet...I haven't bought a single video game t-shirt from woot. I love Portal, and it's cute as a reference but it's not like a super awesome use of Portal as a reference, either. Ugh, I don't know. I'll sleep on it.

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

This WAS a triumph, tjost winning two Derbies in a row. (considering he only has 9 prints.)

Congrats!

MukYJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MukYJ

What an absolutely brilliant write up! Whoever wrote it certainly earned their pay. It works on so many different levels, and especially liked the wear/don't wear this shirt part.

Orb99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Orb99

THE LIE IS A CAKE