tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

I'm making a note here: huge success.

Honestly surprised my late sub beat Star Wars and Mario and STNG and bunnies and kitties and semi nude cupcakes :S Thanks everybody and keep having fun, for science.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
tjost wrote:I'm making a note here: huge success.

Honestly surprised my late sub beat Star Wars and Mario and STNG and bunnies and kitties and semi nude cupcakes :S Thanks everybody and keep having fun, for science.

Congrats on the win tjost! Looks like no one else is as surprised as you are... Portal references are unbeatable!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus

This design is a perfect recipe for a successful shirt.

Well done sir.

mbar126

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbar126

Must be time for a Half-Life 2 shirt after all these Portal ones. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. And while I'm at it. Where the hell is Episode 3 damn it!

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929

2 in a row, congrats tjost...the only bad news for you is that this one will probably knock both of your other designs down a rung on the reckoning list. ok, so that's probably not bad news.

theyankster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theyankster

oh so the companion cube was the cake all the time, what a ruse

-The Yankster

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
bassanimation wrote:Predicting a sell out, and a new #1, so that means TJost would have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place on the Reckoning. @_@ Baaaamf!

I'm actually wearing my mousey portal shirt you made, which I like betterer, why have cake on a shirt, you can't eat it... cake is only good if you can eat it.

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337

This shirt is awesome. I'm not a big enough fan of Portal to want one for myself, but I now have inspiration for my hubby's next birthday cake.

Edited to add that (not surprisingly) several others have already beat me to it.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I think TJost has another winning design that'll be on sale for over a year. Congrats!

Love this... a new artistic, and well designed take on the game.

And a big thank you to Woot for not rejecting this because it's Portal.

EDIT: Just to say I put my money where my Monkey is, it's the first shirt in a LONG time I ponied up the $5 so I can wear it next week...

neomike88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neomike88
tjost wrote:I'm making a note here: huge success.

gj tjost! Fresno!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

That cake is not a lie!
It exists!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Welcome to wootfury.

move along

darthbob14

quality posts: 5 Private Messages darthbob14

LOL'ed at the "This Shirt tells the World". For anyone who doesn't get it, at one point GLaDOS says "Cake and Greif Counselling will be served at the conclusion of the test."

"Finally, an excuse to nuke France!"

melynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melynn

Hmmmm. I've always considered myself to be somewhat of a nerd, but I must have been fooling myself because I dont get this shirt reference AT ALL. And I'm okay with that.

barts185

quality posts: 3 Private Messages barts185

A couple of videos portal fans might like

No Escape (Live Action Short Film by Dan Trachtenberg)

http://youtu.be/4drucg1A6Xk

This one's possibly (probably) NSFW depending on where you work and how uptight they are about things:

Wish I Had a Portal Gun (Aperture Science Rap)

http://www.dorkly.com/video/19873/wish-i-had-a-portal-gun-aperture-science-rap

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Damn. I was born for this derby, and I completely missed it.

nanciejeanne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nanciejeanne

I guess this Portal thing is the new Star Trek.

sorceresskimberly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sorceresskimberly

In for two! If I could afford it, I'd be in for more as our whole family LOVES Portal, but for now I bought these for my sons rather than for the husband and me.

Thanks for the awesome X-mas gift tjost! My boys will love this!

orthancstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orthancstone

This description, with the song, was greatness. Bravo Woot!

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86

I can stop saying "the cake is a lie" but I will not stop playing that song. That is a great song.

linkismyhero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linkismyhero

Thank GOD. A Portal shirt that's finally not "lol the cake is a lie." IT'S NOT A LIE. I JUST HAD SOME.

wickedd365

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wickedd365

Jumped all over this. I know it sell out soon.
Awesome shirt.

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 12 Private Messages BIGELLOW

The shirt is a lie.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
meepee wrote:...(considering he only has 9 prints.)

10 derby prints, actually. Illiterate Rainbow wasn't tagged though it got an EC.

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674

I am disappointed that the video link isn't to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

loge18

quality posts: 7 Private Messages loge18

I'm making a note here, huge success!

Narfcake

j5 wrote:Welcome to wootfury.

It's not that bad ... yet. 12 of the top 20 in the reckoning are pop-culture free. And so will this week's (Australia) derby theme. But it does seem that it's getting there. I'm already feeling a need for 'No Portal' in future derby rules, however. Look at how many other artists did Zelda-based designs after Epic Fail.

On a different note, my personal woot.shirt artist count has tjost up to 6 now. 6th slate shirt too.

SpaceDog1975

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpaceDog1975

Is there not a way to buy this and a reckoning shirt at the same time? I would like to put this shirt and the Cheese is a liederkrantz on the same transaction.

Anyone know?

tjost

Narfcake wrote:10 derby prints, actually. Illiterate Rainbow wasn't tagged though it got an EC.

This is my twelfth print actually. Shirtwhats not counting right plus it doesn't show the rainbow as a print or my non pop culture "all seeing eye dog" daily that printed

tjost

SpaceDog1975 wrote:Is there not a way to buy this and a reckoning shirt at the same time? I would like to put this shirt and the Cheese is a liederkrantz on the same transaction.

Anyone know?

Nope only one design per transaction. Woots silly that way

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
SpaceDog1975 wrote:Is there not a way to buy this and a reckoning shirt at the same time? I would like to put this shirt and the Cheese is a liederkrantz on the same transaction.

Anyone know?

There is no way to do it.Woot does not have shopping cart system. You'll have to buy in 2 separate transactions.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

kayke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kayke

To regret buying this tee would be a lie. Nothing gives me nerdgasms more than combining baking tools and video games.

jfallen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfallen
epistemologonhere wrote:I don't understand this shirt. what are the three logos / eyes, whatever they are on the objects in the picture?

can't determine if troll, or just not geeky enough to know what portal is.

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

hot dabbit that man loves some cake!

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

unclejoeyv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unclejoeyv

I've never heard of Portal but I wear the orange cake shirt all the time. It's totally worth it to see the Wishbones? Totally Fun! look on everyone's face when they see it. I'm just glad everyone felt too stupid to ask me what it meant because I didn't know either. Until now.

Narfcake

tjost wrote:Shirtwhats not counting right ...

I still only count 10 derby prints, though, as this one was already included in the count. Dailies don't count in the 'derby prints' tabulation.

Narfcake

jfallen wrote:can't determine if troll, or just not geeky enough to know what portal is.

Just not geeky enough. There are plenty of folks out who are not gamers.

shukit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shukit

This is awesome. Get baked and have some cake!

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape

I'm a huge fan of Portal and more so Portal 2. Also a big fan of clever shirts from Woot (many of which I sadly have to explain).

But I'm not digging this, or other odd mashups which I think this design tries to take advantage of. It's one thing to say 'it's a Portal reference' but for me another to then say 'well they promised cake in the first one as a reward, and that's a companion cube which wasn't actually...'

Great looking design, congrats. But for my taste (and I do like cake), I'm just not feeling it :/

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Narfcake wrote:It's not that bad ... yet. 12 of the top 20 in the reckoning are pop-culture free. And so will this week's (Australia) derby theme. But it does seem that it's getting there.

October had only 5 pop-culture shirts out of 31, and I think only 2 of those were from the derby. We loosened the rules a bit to let more in, and then tightened them back up this week when we saw things tipping too heavily in the other direction. Personally, I'm all about having a nice balance in our shirt selection, which includes pop-culture. I don't think a single week or two is really indicative of anything in terms of the "big picture" of what Woot offers or where it's headed.