Dogsjill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dogsjill
Cormano wrote:Pretty sure the Shepherd originated in Spain, not the States

Nope, California. Here's the wiki on it, and the many dog books I have state the same.

Australian Shepherd

papayaportals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papayaportals
PixelPants wrote: platypuses.

I thought it was Platypi.
Oh well, still voting for it. I for one didn't notice the duck and beaver until I read the thread. Now those two are all I see.

mldgibberish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mldgibberish

At this point I'll buy almost anything that isn't a cartoon animal....

companioncube16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages companioncube16
Re: PLAITypus

I want this shirt. Really badly.

amonyoshu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amonyoshu

Is there a reason why no one is playing with the "Map of Tasmania" concept?

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
paigeg wrote:Great job. I have a hand-painted didge (urk! HAD! Just had to give it up for reasons of space - we're moving.) and the colors here are dead-on. The style is really well-rendered, too. Good on ya, mate. I was hoping for some nice dot art designs, and this balances true-to-style with sellable. GMV.

Thanks much I know the feeling about lack of space - my fiance and I managed to defy physics with the amount of stuff we crammed into our storage locker.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
j5 wrote:Are they pumped up?

No, those are the ones all the other kids have.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
adra112 wrote:If you put this shirt in a gift shop at the Grand Canyon it would probably sell a dozen or more shirts a day at $30 a shirt.

Amazing design idea and implementation.

Nice, if only I lived close by thanks

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
Re: Aww They're So Cute!

this on yellow/lemon looked SOOOOO much better.

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929
Re: How to Create a Landmark

Nice idea. Got a vote from me.

TonyH189

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TonyH189

Thumbnail and detail don't match, gradients/more than 6 colors, not on a shirt template, no pop culture, yada yada yada... Rejectinator, commence your rejectinating.

shellykins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellykins
Re: won't this be rejected cuz its a photo?Shrimp On A Barbie

ashescry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashescry
shellykins wrote:

Yep.

♥ Adri.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
reednilsson wrote:Isn't the joke/silliness of this shirt the fact that it's a koala in a pocket/pouch or am I reading way too into it?

Yes, thank you. There IS a joke, albeit a weak one. Marsupials have pockets, this marsupial is in a pocket, it happens to be your pocket. Therefore, it is not "slapping a koala on a shirt," it has a point.

And yes, it is cutesy, and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it, but I could see this shirt on other people.

Overall, a solid design from ramyb.

runik92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runik92
Re: Marsupial in my pocket

One More Gimlet! i would buy this in a heartbeat! i would love it as a hoodie TOO!!

omarpseverino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omarpseverino

I like it. kinda reminds me of this
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=16989

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
strawberryicee wrote:this on yellow/lemon looked SOOOOO much better.

i liked the yellow version

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Boomer-bird

Wow, what happened here?

guidosprincess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guidosprincess

texnewmex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texnewmex
sombrillo wrote:Thanks Radscoolian - it would be nice if you got a chance to wear this shirt. Listening to this song helped inspire me for this derby

http://youtu.be/XrkThaBWa5c

He sounds like Cookie Monster. Under Water.

calanthium

quality posts: 15 Private Messages calanthium
Re: The McEucalyptis is back!

GMV. And my $$, too, when it prints (thinking positive).

solarhands

quality posts: 2 Private Messages solarhands
papayaportals wrote:I thought it was Platypi.
Oh well, still voting for it. I for one didn't notice the duck and beaver until I read the thread. Now those two are all I see.

Platypi is the least correct, since platipus is Greek, not latin. This means that the Greek ending would be "platypodes." The same is true for the word "octopus," which is why you should never hear "octopi." For such words we generally use an extra "es" to form an english plural or simply make it the same plural and singlular, but "i" is always wrong. While I'm at this, I'd just like to add that "i" is also always wrong for 4th declension Latin nouns, which end in "us" for both singular and plural.

differentname13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages differentname13
j5 wrote:Sorry man. I didn't tattle for whatever that's worth.

I don't get it. How does a game of tic tac toe = text?

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

I prefer the green to the yellow. I hope one of them makes it to the top three.

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich
Re: Emo Emu

Too cute! Voting for this one.

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
missmelis wrote:I want SO BADLY for this to print. I would wear it on cranky days.

YES. On those "dark and stabby" days.

mattryan

Re: Bang-a-roo!

I hope you make it, I would wear the heck out of this shirt!

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone

Green is coming on strong...

Has there ever been a time when an original and a revision have placed in the same derby? Would the Universe just go 'pop'?

flemtone

flemtone

Re: Cheers Mate

The more I look at this design, the more I like it. Great expressive faces, incidental details that really set the atmosphere (like the knife), the small set of nervous eyes peeking from the raincoat...everything just clicks with this layout. I wish it were higher in th standings, because I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Well done indeed. GMV.

Flashkill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flashkill

Just because you see a design as being based off a movie doesn't make it pop culture now. It may have been pop culture in the 80's and part of the 90's but that doesn't make it pop culture today. I work with youth and college students and I can't say any of them have ever referenced Crocodile Dundee or Paul Hogan. Most of them probably know nothing about it. I am pretty sure the no pop culture is Representative of current pop culture, to say no pop culture from any period of time would be like telling Hollywood you can only make original movies. Though that would be great to keep things original we draw from what we know which influences what we do.

captainassassin wrote:I'm pretty sure this is a "Crocodile Dundee" reference, which falls under pop-culture.

But let's sit back and see if the rejection fairy pays you a visit...

scubastove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubastove
Re: Trouble in Oz

This shirt sucks. Making fun of natural disasters that take lives is not funny, it doesn't matter where you're from. Pretty surprised this hasn't been rejected.

mattryan

fablefire wrote:Ooooooookay.

After seacore pointed out the yellow, I couldn't not see yellow. Seems like there's a yellow hate-itis disease on woot. Didn't want to look at it all week. After MUCH tinkering, here is a version with no yellow at all. The bears are appropriately neutral for drop bears. And there it is.

Apologies to everyone who kindly voted green. It's up again. I'm not changing it anymore. In fact I'm running away from my computer right after I update my art sites. Running away quickly.

LOL Next year I expect to see zombie koalas doing this to trick or treaters, okay?

geneotype

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geneotype

I think what the judges have to do (and apparently did) is ask "Does the design stand on its own when divorced from any pop reference?" If the answer is no, then the design is rejected. There may or may not be a pop ref in my design, but if you don't know the ref the concept is still crystal clear.

What is likely the result of subconscious memory of something from that movie is the shape of the knife. It just seemed so perfectly Aussie for some reason.

Flashkill wrote:Just because you see a design as being based off a movie doesn't make it pop culture now. It may have been pop culture in the 80's and part of the 90's but that doesn't make it pop culture today. I work with youth and college students and I can't say any of them have ever referenced Crocodile Dundee or Paul Hogan. Most of them probably know nothing about it. I am pretty sure the no pop culture is Representative of current pop culture, to say no pop culture from any period of time would be like telling Hollywood you can only make original movies. Though that would be great to keep things original we draw from what we know which influences what we do.

dialingwand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dialingwand

I would buy this in a second. My favourite design of this derby.

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier

Haha, doesn't look like votes are getting split. I voted for Both. I wasn't a fan of Yellow, but I also kinda dislike green (and I just bought a green shirt >_<) But I love the design so much that IRDC what color it prints on... It's cute and I want it, hahaha. And yeah, that made me sound insanely spoiled...

underblueskies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages underblueskies
Re: Danger down under

I was in Australia for most of this past July, and I went about my business constantly under the assumption that every animal or insect there was going to kill me with poison, venom or teeth. Yep, even the flocks of cockatoos.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
sombrillo wrote:Thanks Radscoolian - it would be nice if you got a chance to wear this shirt. Listening to this song helped inspire me for this derby

http://youtu.be/XrkThaBWa5c

He sounds like someone kicking cookie monster in the throat

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
logicalcupcake wrote:I've actually noticed that he's been using green for his shirt colors pretty much every Derby recently. Usually with green-on-green-on-green color palettes as well.

Oh I checked Shirt.what and you're right, he has been using green for many of his designs... the green ones just haven't been printing. Hmm, well I do think green would have been nice for this design as well. =P

martuki5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martuki5
Re: North for the Winter

OH MY GOD!! I NEED THIS!!!! :D