Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Kookaburra

Do you not understand why this keeps being rejected?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
mattryan wrote:I hope you make it, I would wear the heck out of this shirt!

Cheers mattryan! Go Falcons!

beersax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beersax
captainassassin wrote:Not all assassins are ninjas, and not all ninjas are assassins. This is just how they're commonly represented thru [finger quotes] POPULAR CULTURE.

Just because something is "popular" doesn't make it accurate.

Just because I have "assassin" in my username, doesn't mean I have an insatiable love for black pajamas and smoke pellets.

Yeah, like J5 said, I was just pointing out the irony there captain. Don't take it personal. It'd be like if I said I was sick of seeing shirts with alcohol or music related material on them. Although I do like beer. And sax!

tdziekan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdziekan
Re: Wombat

I would buy this

nowacz11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nowacz11
Re: Wombat

I would also buy this, and I would wear it a lot.

tdziekan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdziekan
nowacz11 wrote:I would also buy this, and I would wear it a lot.

Maybe we can get a private order

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: Knucks

Over 100 votes again! Thanks everyone for the support!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Stacked

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I like the Starbucks here that's better than the other one; cause the other one's not as good.

thatrobert

Re: to the sun

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I like the Starbucks here that's better than the other one; cause the other one's not as good.

thatrobert

Re: Blue Ring Love

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Blue Tongue

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: North for the Winter

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Emo Emu

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Super-mom

• This is not SPAM.

Lizluvski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lizluvski
Re: The outback

Where is Tasmania!??? You left out an entire state!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Stacked

Very cool. It's like Yertle the Koala.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

I really hope you sell this elsewhere, even if it doesn't win. This is by far my favorite derby entry thus far. Platypuses? Check. Cool, artistic design? Check. Does not feature the shape of Australia or cute animals attacking tourists? Check. I don't just want this shirt...I need it. DO YOU HEAR ME WOOT COMMUNITY?! Vote for this shirt! My life will be incomplete without a platypus shirt!!!!!!

sekulman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sekulman
kylemittskus wrote:I do not understand the appeal of this shirt AT ALL. It's not creative. It has no joke, no story, no silliness, no anything but "cute."

Marsupials are born and develop in their mother's pouches, or pockets

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: PLAITypus

It took some restraint to not flag the inclusion of the extra animals. That and the thumbnail may have cost some votes but has been a good trade off to see people discover the design and get behind it. Thanks for the great comments and steady stream of votes that kept the 'platypuses' in the New Hotness the whole time.

@ solarhands - That is hands down one of the best posts I have seen on woot. It deserves a Quality Post, free t-shirt, screaming monkey and to be put on it's own shirt. I wish there was an easy way to track down your other posts so I can read those as well, because that one made my day.

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929

I was scrolling down the page with the wheel on my mouse, while looking at the design, and it moved down each time a perfect amount so that the platypus was replaced by one with a different color. Really interesting stop motion trippy looking effect. Try it out. Lol

martuki5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martuki5
Re: North for the Winter

Oh Woot, please, please, PLEASE, PRINT THIS!! IS AWESOMEEEE!!! ^^

rizaroni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rizaroni
Mavyn wrote:Do you not understand why this keeps being rejected?

but hey, he finally spelled Kookaburra correctly!

Larisa

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
jupilberry wrote:What has this koala so...aroused?

oh lord, now I can't UNSEE it

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Thanks for all the votes. Another loser for me... Better luck next week, I reckon.

Re: Flight of the Sugar Gliders

nabesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabesmer
joemail11 wrote:Yes, thank you. There IS a joke, albeit a weak one. Marsupials have pockets, this marsupial is in a pocket, it happens to be your pocket. Therefore, it is not "slapping a koala on a shirt," it has a point.

And yes, it is cutesy, and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it, but I could see this shirt on other people.

Overall, a solid design from ramyb.

I have to disagree, the joke might have worked if the pocket had been on the belly of the shirt but as is I find nothing original or amusing about the design.

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx
Re: Sulphur Crested Cockatoos

Good idea!

I always forget that Australia has parrots, not just South America.

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx

oops - double post somehow...

nabesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabesmer
llamassassin wrote:Love the coloring style on this. Could definitely see it on a shirt.

I couldn't agree more, adorable and extremely wearable design.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Australian Army Knife

I don't really think this stands alone outside of the Crocodile Dundee reference.

However, the most interesting thing to me would be if this prints, how large will it be and how low will it sit. I can fully see this looking like a giant knife erection.

shinobi380

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinobi380
Re: Danger down under

curious to know how to achieve the background without the use of gradients. I'm new to all of this so I want to know how to create something like this without using gradients.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

Oh, thanks! I was just thinking about how I miss getting these

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
nabesmer wrote:I have to disagree, the joke might have worked if the pocket had been on the belly of the shirt but as is I find nothing original or amusing about the design.

But no t-shirts have a pocket in the middle of the belly. It works based off of our knowledge of a shirt pocket. The marsupial, with a pocket, is residing in a shirt pocket. I fail to see how this is difficult to understand.

As for not finding it amusing, I definitely see where you're coming from. It lacks a certain cleverness I've come to expect from shirt.woot.

travelingstargazer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travelingstargazer
Re: Marsupial in my pocket

One More Gimlet... I WANT ONE! SOOOOOO CUTE!

travelingstargazer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travelingstargazer
halcyonxdays wrote:To all the people having a conniption over this design, I'm starting to think you need to cool your jets and remember... this is just a t-shirt. It's not going to be displayed in the Louvre and it's not going to be the piece of art that defines our generation. You're all acting like someone just took a utility knife to the Mona Lisa! How about this, lets all just take it for what it is and calm down a bit before someone has an aneurysm.

Hahahaha... Agreed!

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
grayehound wrote:Oooooooooooo....where are you people when I have an hour to do these things and needed an idea for a background?? That would have been perfect! Oh well, maybe next time.

Best place to find 'em is in the pre-derby threads

salcedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salcedo
Re: How High Can You Go?

No prob. I promised my daughter that I would submit this, but warned her that it might get rejected. I'll make sure the next submission is SVG based.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Advanced Sheep Shearing

Thanks everyone!

I was thinking this was another example of Spiritgreen's slow descent into madness, but if you guys like it then I must be okay.

:P

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Gary Discovers a New Species

Great job on the characters. I think I would have preferred the design without the trees. GMV

Spiritgreen

Re: Drop Bears

I'm glad you subbed this one first because I really prefer the sunny yellow. It seems a lot more appropriate. (Hope the green one isn't splitting your votes too much!)

^_^

Spiritgreen

You say it's a plait, but I see a double helix - which makes it all the more awesome. :^)