adaltam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adaltam

adaltam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adaltam
Re: Deep Down Under

Great!!

nabesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabesmer
joemail11 wrote:But no t-shirts have a pocket in the middle of the belly. It works based off of our knowledge of a shirt pocket. The marsupial, with a pocket, is residing in a shirt pocket. I fail to see how this is difficult to understand.

As for not finding it amusing, I definitely see where you're coming from. It lacks a certain cleverness I've come to expect from shirt.woot.

It's not difficult to understand, I get it. My entire point was that due to our knowledge base of shirt pockets and the fact that this is a drawn on pocket on a shirt the same gray of the koala, I personally would find it pretty darned amusing to see someone walking around with a tshirt that made them look like a koala mama wannabe...then again maybe my sense of humor is just a little warped

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
Re: Marsupial in my pocket

This needs to happen.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
mrwednesday wrote:I can fully see this looking like a giant knife erection.

just like a bedbug!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

cyndir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyndir

I love this design. It shows all the symbols of the country along with its flag. I especially love the shadows of the prominent animals. I think it is terrific

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
nabesmer wrote:It's not difficult to understand, I get it. My entire point was that due to our knowledge base of shirt pockets and the fact that this is a drawn on pocket on a shirt the same gray of the koala, I personally would find it pretty darned amusing to see someone walking around with a tshirt that made them look like a koala mama wannabe...then again maybe my sense of humor is just a little warped

I understand now, but it was more fun to be condescending I think your joke would be interesting on a sweatshirt that has that middle pocket.

And to keep this comment on the shirt design: I must say, that koala is absolutely adorable.

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: PLAITypus

Spiritgreen wrote:You say it's a plait, but I see a double helix - which makes it all the more awesome. :^)

Good call Spiritgreen. I had considered playing up the scientific aspect in a more overt way but focussed on the interplay of shapes and pattern instead.

meghanwelsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meghanwelsh
Re: Emo Emu

I really wish this was printing. I want it so much!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: K-Bears New Kicks

Very nice! Love the texture!

qetza

Re: PLAITypus

Great!

qetza

Re: Kookaburra In The Old Gum Tree v2.0

New colors are great

qetza

Re: Bang-a-roo!

Awesomeness!

qetza

Re: Rainbow Serpent (On Brown)

The crowd overwhelmingly chooses brown shirt over white shirt. I thought it would be closer, but I'm totally fine with the results. I do like it on brown also.

Thanks to all the voters and re-voters!

qetza

Re: Rainbow Serpent

Brown is the clear favorite of the two shirt color choices for this design.

Thanks everyone!

qetza

blk909 wrote:If everyone who voted for this shirt would also vote for its brown sibling, maybe we could get this design to print!

Thanks for your support of this design!

qetza

Re: Buried Treasure

Very nice!

qetza

Re: to the sun

Awesome design Rasabi. Would make a fantastic print!

qetza

Re: Rainbow Lorikeet

Thanks guys!

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
Re: Aww They're So Cute!

yellow/lemon actually made this design pop.
this green is just meh.

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
strawberryicee wrote:yellow/lemon actually made this design pop.
this green is just meh.

edit: oops. i didn't see my previous post get posted :x and shirt.woot won't let me edit my posts

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
Re: Rainbow Serpent (On Brown)

I like this design but hate snakes.

uhcougar1982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhcougar1982
Re: Australian Army Knife

This is a knife! I wanted a crocodile Dundee shirt so i hope this one wins.

asher0716

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asher0716
xepherys wrote:Beautiful design, Rads - my only complaint is that it's black. I think this would look gorgeous on silver. Still, GMV for a great design.

Silver might be nice.

I think the black was intended to give a cool effect of looking out from an underwater cave.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
david72 wrote:I voted for both yellow and green.

Has anyone got two shirts in the top 3 with the same design?

Same, no. Similar, yes - Derby #11, the Puffaluffs took 2nd and 3rd.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
bluetuba wrote:just like a bedbug!

It pleases me greatly that people know about traumatic insemination!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Sulphur Crested Cockatoos

This is pretty awesome!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Buried Treasure

@Sombrillo: Thanks Sombrillo! I'm sad to see your design not in the fog.

@PCBConhead: Thank you!

@Megatrain: Thanks for the vote!

@Taternuggets: Yeah, it does seem a bit odd. I thought it might add a little something extra to the design, but I agree that it is a little jarring. I hope you get a chance to buy it, though.

@Texnewmex: Why thank you!

@xepherys: You probably are right, but I find that if you want a shirt to really pop, go with black. I need to try designing on silver some time soon. Thank for the vote

@firefroghh: Sweet! I'm still relevant!

@Jasneko: Thanks!

@collinvh: I hope so too! And I hope it prints well, if you get the chance to inspect it. I'm always paranoid of making a shirt that no one will like when they get it in the mail.

@Adelas: Thanks! Just don't try to wear the shirt while hanging it

@omarfeliciano: It would be cool if it prints! There are a lot of contenders in the fog...

@happywater: I hope you get the chance

@qetza: Thanks! I appreciate that!

@asher0716: It was really just to make it pop. However, if I learned anything in art school, it's to lie about your art when someone sees something cool that you didn't - so, yes. Thats exactly what I meant to do.

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4
Re: It Always Returns

Should have put this on the back.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4
Re: Aww They're So Cute!

Anyone else notice that the versions aren't the same? The girl's eye is in a different place. I'm guessing that the green version is the 'fixed' one.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

CaptainReginald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaptainReginald
martuki5 wrote:Oh Woot, please, please, PLEASE, PRINT THIS!! IS AWESOMEEEE!!! ^^

It is awesome!

There are three Koala, and three "Continent" shirts, yet no Platypus shirts in the fog.

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi
qetza wrote:The crowd overwhelmingly chooses brown shirt over white shirt. I thought it would be closer, but I'm totally fine with the results. I do like it on brown also.

Thanks to all the voters and re-voters!

I've seen that white, light blue, and yellow are hard sells to the derby crowd. I personally own 2 white shirts (from another site), but they are allovers sooo... not quite the same :P

Maybe it would have been good on silver? Though I think it pops great on the brown. The style is absolutely awesome, by the way. Has a real authentic feel to it imo.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
mattryan wrote:YES. On those "dark and stabby" days.

Hahaha, yep. "Keep yer distance, mate, or I'll stab yeh with a eucalyptus branch!"

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
mrwednesday wrote:It pleases me greatly that people know about traumatic insemination!

Have you ever read/heard a sentence and thought, "I bet no one has ever said that before in the history of written/spoken language"?

... Yeah, I'm having one of those moments right now.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

jayquelayque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayquelayque
Re: Marsupial in my pocket

This shirt is actually fantastically creative in it's irony. Koala's in real life are in no way cute. They sit around making disturbing sounds, they short out power lines, and they spread Chlamydia. lol.

dvldg585

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvldg585
Re: AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERDS, BEST IN BREED.

I have to add, but Australian Shepherds are completely US made.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago

cephy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cephy
cfdunbar wrote:Thank you so very much. When the derby came up I imediately thought of the Aborigonal art
style, and I was really hoping that my design would be meaningful to people. I am still fairly new to woot and I really enjoy getting a chance to branch out with my art work.

I just think of your kid telling me to not mess with the turtle, and then the quote "It's turtles all the way down". Plus, it looks really nice, so obviously it's /GMV.

myteemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myteemo

This is so adorable! I want one!

Re: The McEucalyptis is back!

avbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avbaby
Re: Flight of the Sugar Gliders

i really like this, wish it could print.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: the Coat Hanger

This must be a regional reference, obvious only to Sidney residents (though I did Google and get the nickname). Kinda like the twin spans of a bridge local to me, the Thaddeus Kosciuszko bridge, affectionately referred to as the "Twin T*tties". :D