+ Add a Comment

nabesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabesmer
Re: Showoff

I'd buy this for the aghast expression on the third fishes face alone! I'm still having fits of giggles. I love the color choices too!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
sphereswithears wrote:Well, in theory, DNA has a parallel structure and specific ratios of purines to pyrimidines. I know, that is kinda fishing, but it's something.

Exactly. You have to fish for something because it isn't illustrated. You can convince yourself that there's math in anything. If woot goes that route everything is on topic.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Phi-angular Nature

Larger version (and clicking on it will bring up the full pic, again less blurry!)

amreli

Re: 100 Year Old Oak

Love the simplicity!

amreli

Re: rainbow x 2

Sucker for rainbows here, so I would definitely get one!

avbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avbaby
Re: Animal Math

i like the color, olive, is it?

amreli

Re: Symmetry (V2)

The background makes a huge difference, I love this one!

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
iamanidiot240 wrote:3rd row, first column should be RrSS, but it is listed as RrSs. Which is also the same the one to its right. Still an awesome design though, +1 for you anyway.

Ah poo. Thanks for picking up on that. Easy fix in the print file, should it go that far.

Thanks for the support so far, everyone!

@laughalot - Yeah I was looking at a nature vs nurture thing. Some turtles grow up to be pirates. Some grow up to be ninjas. :D

amreli

Re: Common Sequence

The integration of the two objects at completely different scales was really well done, it looks so natural to be so unnatural. And I agree, excellent color choices!

xepherys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xepherys
Re: The Adding Tree

Yeah, I fear the rejectionator is gon' eat this one. I love it though. If it makes it through, I'm buying one for my younger son.

amreli

Re: Everything is Gold

Beautiful!

amreli

Re: Conducting the Aurora

It took me a minute to get that those are musical notes in the aurora, I think if the stems were less centered it would be a little more obvious (though I could just be oblivious). Still, it's gorgeous!

alicorn894

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alicorn894
Re: Snowflake

This is a really pretty piece of art but it's placed a little too high on the shirt piece for my liking. GMV anyways.

kickthehobbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kickthehobbit

PhD student in chemistry says, "I NEED THIS SHIRT."

This is amazing.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
Patman1209 wrote:I am routinely disappointed with anything math related... not this week though... unsure if I'll buy but things like this are a step in the right direction. Got to have the proper merger of art and math... otherwise you just look like a geek wearing a shirt.

/math degree
//doctorate

As an undergraduate, I can wear pure math shirts and nobody will care. If this prints, I'll add it to my growing collection of pi shirts this site produces.

I agree, though, a shirt needs to be clever, simple, and visually pleasing for me to wear it. I'm not the kind who wears a shirt reading "1/x: can't touch this" around campus.

dugue4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dugue4
Re: Not a Zebra

I love it.

tehnoobifier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehnoobifier
Re: Flying Lessons

I thought you couldnt have text...

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
kylemittskus wrote:I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I'm fairly certain said person is joking, based on similar responses in the other shirt thread.

At least, that's what I hope.

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

ceptious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceptious

alicorn,
Thanks for the feed back, I will definitely keep that in mind for future submissions.
cep

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
kickthehobbit wrote:PhD student in chemistry says, "I NEED THIS SHIRT."

This is amazing.

Schrödinger's Cat is theoretical physics...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

#doublepostfail

kylemittskus

Re: Probability Of A Blue Spiny

Mario = nature?

anb3rlin15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anb3rlin15
Re: Phi-angular Nature

This is my favorite! I hope it wins! x3

ckingphotos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckingphotos
rachelick wrote:It's phi, not pi. Phi is the golden mean (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio) which is related to the Fibonacci sequence.

Thank you it is annoying when people don't get that.Phi is so much cooler than Pi. This shirt is awesome, and everybody should know it to a thousand places!

ckingphotos

yeslekp92 wrote:I would totally buy this if you made a version that was just the cow I love it.

I have to agree...the bird sort of distracts from the humor of it.

ckingphotos

flycat wrote:Very awesome! GMV

I am sad this was rejected. I think the humor and play on names were both just the right amount! I would wear it with nerd pride!

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake
Re: Schrödinger's Equation

Come on, guys, typography has been around for a heck of a lot longer than Nevermore.

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake
Re: 100 Year Old Oak

1 ring... 2 rings... 3 rings...
You know what, I'm just gonna take your word for it.

cahayes2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cahayes2
Re: Schrödinger's Equation

How does this not qualify as text-only?!

cahayes2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cahayes2
tehnoobifier wrote:I thought you couldnt have text...

No text-only designs. Confused as to why RamyB's, "Schrödinger's Equation" doesn't count as text-only.

kylemittskus

logicalcupcake wrote:Come on, guys, typography has been around for a heck of a lot longer than Nevermore.

Of course it has. But the point is that there is a very successful (beyond all logical reason why) shirt that is the exact same idea. It has been done already. My (our) point is that this shirt lacks any originality in the context of the shirt.woot world. Your argument only makes the lack of originality argument stronger.

About the "no text only" rule, my guess is that he's going to slide because his text-only is in the shape of something related to the equation. I think it should be rejected, but I don't think it will be.

rdaniel3383

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdaniel3383
Re: 1 1

My favorite so far!

rdaniel3383

Re: PROOF math is fun

I noticed that no one had any comments about this design. Come on! Get your Geome-tree on! This is cute!

rdaniel3383

paigeg wrote:Interesting sub. I get it, I do. I get the fish and the action - shooting the bug. I even get the disjointedness of the water plants caused by the plane of the water surface. I don't get the green blob the bug is on. I know it's a leaf, but that's not what I see. The amorphous leaf combined with the 'schematic' outline drawing comes together to my eye like a duck wearing a green hooded slicker. I can't unsee it!

Oh nooo! I didn't see the duck/slicker until you mentioned it!!!

rdaniel3383

mrwednesday wrote:Beyond that, I'd like an explanation of what this has to do with mathematics. Just because you slap something "sciency" on a shirt doesn't mean it illustrates a mathematical concept.

Great comment! I concur!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
avbaby wrote:i like the color, olive, is it?

Brown.

BaldDreds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BaldDreds
collinvh wrote:I have this same concept half finished right now What is the woot ruling on something like this? Is it still cool to post it or should I just give up on it?

post it

rdaniel3383

cfdunbar wrote:If I have the time to switch shirt colors out I'll get another entry up. Thanks for the suggestion.

I rather like the cranberry, it would be nice on black, or dark navy too...

manikx66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manikx66
nabesmer wrote:I'd buy this for the aghast expression on the third fishes face alone! I'm still having fits of giggles. I love the color choices too!

thanks, little sad though not getting many votes so far.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: Ian Malcolm's Chaos Theory

Self proclaimed "chaosatician" Ian Malcolm once explained the essence of Chaos Theory as a Tyrannosaurus not adhering to set patterns or park schedules. The unpredictability in a complex system can be written with a simple equation. The crime against nature that recreates a species selected for extinction can only end in chaos.