shinobi380

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinobi380
Re: Symmetry (V2)

hello, i really like this shirt and agree it would be cooler on a colored shirt like blue other than black. Question to you designers out there, how do you do this design without using gradients? To me, there seems to be gradients in the wings there?

bigaislestyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigaislestyle
Re: The Divine Prrrrrrrrrportion!

I <3 frowny eyes!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Flying Lessons

Thanks for the BLA, Robert!

I really appreciate all the support and comments. :^)

As for the style, the funny thing is I seem to change things up every time I draw squirrels. (comic bookish, more realistic). In this case having a chubby, cute, unwieldy character felt like the natural choice, because it played funnier against the sleek scientific ideal.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Flying Lessons

This is so good and I love your work here!

walmazan

Re: Conducting the Aurora

Very nice work here!

thedoctor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedoctor
Re: Schrödinger's Equation

It is a shame it will come in a bag and not in a box.

walmazan

Thanks guys for all the support and comments! I really apprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrciate it!

poindexterturbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poindexterturbo

Thanks, all.

Gregarich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gregarich

I'm getting really cooking tired of entries with letters and numbers on them making up the whole image. I know all of you have seen The Raven design. Get some originality please.

Gregarich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gregarich

Come on, I know hollywood is all remakes nowadays, where's the ART, woot???

annkingwriter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annkingwriter

The application of the golden mean is to the composition of the painting. And that is brilliant.

GMV

KingA

hamchilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hamchilla

I like the extra detail of the math symbols being in the Jurassic Park font.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
gement wrote:This is my favorite of the phi designs, and of the derby in general, by a long shot. It's remarkably elegant.

Thank you! It's definitely what I was going for.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Multiplying Rabbits

This is really well done and I actually think the green shirt was an excellent choice. Definitely wish it had been subbed earlier!

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
Re: Star Power

If this ends up printing elsewhere (as it should), please PM and let me know so I can buy a few.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
hamchilla wrote:I like the extra detail of the math symbols being in the Jurassic Park font.

Thanks, I think it really ties the idea of the design together like a rug.

rotteelady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rotteelady

A Rose is a Rose by any name, or in this case equation.

jmf1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmf1081
mrwednesday wrote:Beyond that, I'd like an explanation of what this has to do with mathematics. Just because you slap something "sciency" on a shirt doesn't mean it illustrates a mathematical concept.

It would seem like many shirts in this derby just put some numbers on a shirt next to an animal and call it math in nature. Or an animal doing something with numbers. I saw one design that added 2 rainbows together to equal One More Gimlet. That is not really math either.
And this is not the only DNA shirt in this derby.

kaelynangelfoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaelynangelfoot
Re: Quintessential Question

This is brilliant! +1

amandanielsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amandanielsen

I absolutely love this shirt. I definitely didn't get it until I got to boobies, but I love it.

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

Thanks for the comment on my design for this week. nice to know a well known artist likes something i did even if it did get low votes. Btw My Girlfriend will probably buy this design if it prints. +1 from me and another from her. nice design and very cute.

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl

So that's what happens when you drop a vagina in water, eh?

Re: Fluid Dynamics

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
amandanielsen wrote:I absolutely love this shirt. I definitely didn't get it until I got to boobies, but I love it.

Thank you! I like things that take a while to get sometimes. Like mail or road trips.

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
Re: Probability Of A Blue Spiny

This design is sure to win this week's "Genetics in Video Games" derby.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
Re: Schrödinger's Equation

I don't have a problem with text in the shape of an animal (The idea's been around a lot longer than Nevermore.), and I don't know enough about the math to understand the h-bar complaint. My issue is that a house cat isn't nature. For all intents, it is a human-designed animal.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Caddywompus wrote:Thanks, I think it really ties the idea of the design together like a rug.

Another good movie reference there...

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
Gregarich wrote:I'm getting really cooking tired of entries with letters and numbers on them making up the whole image. I know all of you have seen The Raven design. Get some originality please.

Me, too. I hate it when my math shirts are ruined with numbers.

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx
cmplxz wrote:I Love it, but oh how I dearly wish the paper tape had Fibonacci numbers on it!

You are so right!

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
razz007 wrote:cool but would have loved to see more nature in the design.

i agree...it would have been a better entry for a math-only theme...didn't want to hold on to it til one popped up....

losinglisa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losinglisa
zekecatz wrote:Can't comment on, nor would I wear, something I really don't understand. Too embarrassing when people ask for an explanation.

It means Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangles are Congruent and it is used in proofs after you have already proven that two triangles are congruent. I teach Geometry and I just finished this lesson last week. Its my favorite chapter

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Smart Snake

This is awesome. Good neutral colors. I love that there's a small animal in the last one. XD

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire

Really cute. Awesome work on the smudgy pencil look!

walmazan

Re: A worm named Newton

Love it!

walmazan

Re: 1 1

Amazing! +1

walmazan

Re: Seven ate Nine

Great work! love the colors.

walmazan

Re: Long Division

Love it!!

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
Re: Replicating Pattern

I'd say, not that I'm a ramyb fan, that the fractal connection is conceptual and depends on the t-shirt title, which is not something you can see in the design. DNA is certainly a Replicating Pattern, and in a different sense than fractals are.

I don't mind ramyb reusing a design until it wins if it has aesthetic appeal, which this one does. I just don't want it to beat out worthier shirts, so I'n glad it's out of the fog.

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
Re: Fluid Dynamics

Beautiful design featuring luminosity? Must be patrickspens. Another vote from me.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
holothuria wrote:I don't have a problem with text in the shape of an animal (The idea's been around a lot longer than Nevermore.), and I don't know enough about the math to understand the h-bar complaint. My issue is that a house cat isn't nature. For all intents, it is a human-designed animal.

Um...if two people enter into an arranged marriage and then have a baby, that's still nature. Humans didn't create the housecat out of the firmament.

walmazan

Re: Smart Snake

This is amazing! +1