vaiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaiv

I probably will submit it to threadless...the design in my opinion is still really good even though i missed the "Nature" aspect.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Symmetry (V2)

Still symmetry and all.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Symmetry (V2)

love it again!

richny13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richny13
Re: Fun With Fibonacci

Looks like you missed a comma in the 8th line.

buzatron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzatron
Re: Symmetry

very nice! :D

tdziekan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdziekan
Re: The Divine Prrrrrrrrrportion!

seen it:
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=20414

flycat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flycat
Re: Vitruvian Turtle - Version 2

Very awesome! GMV

stevenddd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenddd
ramyb wrote:(and his cat of course)

I hope this wins!!!

nowacz11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nowacz11
Re: The Divine Prrrrrrrrrportion!

This reminds me of that gingerbread man shirt.

krikee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krikee
Re: The Ultimate Answer

That is hilarious

tdziekan

Re: Art of Spitting

I would buy this one for sure!

krikee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krikee
krikee wrote:That is hilarious

Gotta love Hitchhikers guide

magnitude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magnitude
Re: Schrödinger's Equation

This has to win!!!

nowacz11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nowacz11
Re: The Summation of Birds

This shirt is murder, I want one.

Batboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Batboy

Apply to stocks. Very well

landofmoab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landofmoab
Re: The Ultimate Answer

I love this idea!!!

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
tdziekan wrote:seen it:
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=20414

Get over it. This one is a cat, which is entirely better, and different, than a cookie. The shirts are totally different; the only similarity being the inspiration from da Vinci.

Love the shirt Walmazan!

rachelick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelick
axphw1 wrote:Why does it appear to start with 1.61 not 3.14?

It's phi, not pi. Phi is the golden mean (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio) which is related to the Fibonacci sequence.

tdziekan

sasham62 wrote:"The little acorn grew and grew and grew and grew until it woke up one day and said, 'Geeometree!' "

Okay, old joke. But geometric shapes are all over nature, not just in the shapes of trees.

5 colors on silver. I tried baby blue and I tried medium blue and they just didn't work.

I would prefer it without text

rachelick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelick

I want to buy, like, ten of these. Man.

tdziekan

Azurett wrote:Get over it. This one is a cat, which is entirely better, and different, than a cookie. The shirts are totally different; the only similarity being the inspiration from da Vinci.

Love the shirt Walmazan!

I guess I just like original shirts. To each his or her own

milujite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages milujite
Re: Fluid Dynamics

I have looked at the derby each week since I joined Woot, and I have voted for my favorite shirts. I have never felt the need to leave a comment.

Now I do. All that I have to say, though, is that I love this shirt. Fantastic work.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: The Golden Seed

Great Scott! Wow, I think my head just exploded. No One should see that many digits of Pi at one time, NO ONE. Can we see a closeup? I'd like to see the differentiation that brings that egg out.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Bee precise

Must be how they do it! Next check - with a protractor.

Vote!

mscrankypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants
tehmalia wrote:Indeed!! The design blew my mind when I saw it!! THIS shirt I must have!

I have no idea what a golden ratio is, but I still love this shirt. GMV. Someone will have to explain it to me when it prints so I can explain when I wear it!

magnitude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magnitude
rachelick wrote:I want to buy, like, ten of these. Man.

I'm with you rachelick!

BorisBadenov

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BorisBadenov
bro3of4 wrote:Probably. It says right on it: "seltruT ajniN tnatuM eganeeT". The text is probably from the intro song.

It is. Having had kids who were of the relevant age, I heard that intro many, many times. I'm sort of surprised though. I thought if you played it backward Shredder would kick your butt, or maybe you'd turn back into dime store pets or something.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Rainbow Math

hahaha! I love it! +1

paigeg

Re: The Original Matrix

How many times is my head going to explode as I browse subs tonite? I said no one should know pi to the thousands in another sub thread. Well, it follows no one should know phi to that extent, either.
I do tend to agree with the 'boxy' comment. It seems even more pronounced here with the green, than in that other sub in yellow. Not sure why. Size? Dunno.
I don't know if it would work, but I'd like to see this tied in negative on grass or kelly. Maybe use the shirt color plus halftones for the numbers, with a black under-layer in the shape of the overall nautilus design. Huh. Like I said, dunno if it would work but it looks good in my head.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
paigeg wrote:Great Scott! Wow, I think my head just exploded. No One should see that many digits of Pi at one time, NO ONE. Can we see a closeup? I'd like to see the differentiation that brings that egg out.

(Actually, it's Phi, not Pi)

Here's the detail - I'm borrowing some disk space for this, so the image may crash out at some point.

vwclogan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vwclogan

This looks a lot like someone else's shirt concept.

CindyToo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CindyToo
Re: Numbirds

If only the boobies were blue - their feet, at least.

paigeg

Re: Art of Spitting

Interesting sub. I get it, I do. I get the fish and the action - shooting the bug. I even get the disjointedness of the water plants caused by the plane of the water surface. I don't get the green blob the bug is on. I know it's a leaf, but that's not what I see. The amorphous leaf combined with the 'schematic' outline drawing comes together to my eye like a duck wearing a green hooded slicker. I can't unsee it!

paigeg

Re: Fractal Beauty

Woot can't pritn this as you have it. Please check the guidelines for shirt placement - there's a 16X20 centered area that you need to work with. Not saying I don't prefer this the way you have it - I do! But Woot will rejectionate it.

KCZach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KCZach

I really, really hope this wins. I want two!

bigmaceater69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmaceater69

DUDE, really!?! Your obviously a great artist, and you have won enough times to prove my point. But this is not the first time that you have "waited" to submit your design only to post a shirt that is incredibly similar to one that is already in the fog. Normally your designs are one of the first on the derby and they always make it to the fog. I know its a lot of money on the line but your obviously better than this. Let other artists have a chance. Lets see a great ORIGINAL DESIGN! Your originals are always ten times better anyways!!!

paigeg

anemality wrote:On the bright side, I feel less like puking...
I didn't expect bugs to be made of math...

Too funny! And choke that down - this is nice! I'm no math geek either, hitting Google like there's no tomorrow, checking out all the references here. Take a Pepto and rest assured - this is on-theme, and really nicely done, to boot. I particularly like the way the halftones on the dragonfly's wings work against the shirt color.
Derbys like this a the Science one a while back - they make you think, no? Not ever a bad thing to learn something new.

paigeg

paigeg wrote:I do tend to agree with the 'boxy' comment.

I had to back up and come back to this one, after some thought. I realize that, in this sub and the other I mentioned, it's likely the artist is also intending to represent the golden ration in the rectangle. But, IMHO, hard-edged rectangular designs - no matter how mathematically perfect - do not make for eye-pleasing tee designs. Hence my wish this was rendered in the nautilus shape, rather than a box.
Don't you just hate when folks reply to their own posts?