paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Star Power

I liek the design overall. Don't care for the eyes, though. They really aren't necessary and, in fact, I think they take away from what you've otherwise accomplished. JMHO.

paigeg

Re: Rainbow Math

Not feeling it. I see arithmetic, not math. And that has nothing to do with my not being a fan of cartoon rainbow shirts, with or without puke. It just is what it is: Not math.

paigeg

Re: The Ultimate Answer

Is Deep Thought wearing a towel? Funnee! Not sure this actually passes as math, but it's cute as hell.

paigeg

lyonscc wrote:(Actually, it's Phi, not Pi)

Here's the detail - I'm borrowing some disk space for this, so the image may crash out at some point.

Wow, that is just ridiculous in all the best ways. And sorry - didn't read properly and couldn't see the numbers.
See my comments on this sub. They apply here, too. I like. But boxiness on the shirt is a drawback.

ohaisup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohaisup
paigeg wrote:I liek the design overall. Don't care for the eyes, though. They really aren't necessary and, in fact, I think they take away from what you've otherwise accomplished. JMHO.

The eyes are pretty gosh darn necessary, or else the reference would be lost.

motorwerks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motorwerks
Re: Symmetry (V2)

I like this version even better!

paigeg

Re: Common Sequence

The color choice is just sick. I love, love, love that muted berry shade under the white and blue.

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy

Really? REALLY?

Stop insulting us.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: Cheese Stock check

Mice are smart, aren't they?

(haha, NARF!)

GMV.

paigeg

Re: Fractal Winter

I SO try not to jump on some bandwagon, but this design is almost ticking me off. Why on earth include virtually the same fractal as the other fractal sub? It makes it look like you pasted one design over the other (yes, I know you didn't). It's distracting. I'd have liked this better if you just stuck with the snowflake/tree. Or just the flake. I did say in the pre derby thread I'd welcome snowflake fractal subs. But that extra bit just ruins this for me.

paigeg

toby8915 wrote:˙uʍop ǝpısdn sɹɐǝddɐ ʇxǝʇ ǝɥʇ 'ǝɹǝɥdsıɯǝɥ uɹǝɥʇnos ǝɥʇ uı ǝʌıl noʎ ɟı

Lol! And your toilet flushes backward.

I did Google for the font. Neat. Totally useless, but fun. I'll have to use it extensively in emails for at least a few weeks.

andrewdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdanger
Re: Everything is Gold

Wow, This is stunning Stephen!

andrewdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdanger
Re: Fun With Fibonacci

I would so wear this shirt...daily.

dreweyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreweyes
Re: HALculator

My second design... What do people think? :D

paigeg

ramyb wrote:(and his cat of course)

This, I like. Not saying I'd buy/wear - math is not my thing, and I doubt anyone I know would get it. In fact, I can almost guarantee it. But this is what I was talking about in the threads for other 'equation' subs that were done in rigid rectangles - no flow. This has flow. And I like the hand-written look of the equation.
I first thought of 'Nevermore' when I saw this, and groaned. But if nothing else, this would print much more nicely.

paigeg

BootsBoots wrote:Another version: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58388

Nope, nope, nope. I'm not a fan of gray shirts - that's well-known. But I definitely prefer the cleanliness of this one to the other with the 'Matrix-y' background stuff.
Great color/light.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: 100 Year Old Oak

I hope you enjoy the design, thanks for viewing, and please vote.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Nature Nerd

But...he's missing legs.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

paigeg wrote:The color choice is just sick. I love, love, love that muted berry shade under the white and blue.

Thank you! It is berry-colored, I didn't notice that. Yummy. I've been working on color and value recently. That's why I worked on red shirts the past couple times (the color is harder for me to work with) and why this one has lots of halftones going on. If I can't win the derby I might as well use it to make my art better.

@noble aborigineemeyer (mommy): thanks for sounding like a huge hippie
*edit: lol it censored your name.*

@citizencoyote: lol, kthulu reference. At first I thought you left me a word jumble to solve.

@walmazan: I always appreciate your vote!

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
paigeg wrote:Not feeling it. I see arithmetic, not math. And that has nothing to do with my not being a fan of cartoon rainbow shirts, with or without puke. It just is what it is: Not math.

It is arithmetic with rainbows, which is quite within the rules thanks for stopping by.

wersns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wersns
Re: Nerd Hive

This is great!!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: The Divine Prrrrrrrrrportion!

The tail makes me giggle for some reason. I imagine it knocking everything over all the time.

mldgibberish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mldgibberish
Re: Fluid Dynamics

I love this but beware,stupid little cartoon animals abound...

mldgibberish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mldgibberish
paigeg wrote:Interesting sub. I get it, I do. I get the fish and the action - shooting the bug. I even get the disjointedness of the water plants caused by the plane of the water surface. I don't get the green blob the bug is on. I know it's a leaf, but that's not what I see. The amorphous leaf combined with the 'schematic' outline drawing comes together to my eye like a duck wearing a green hooded slicker. I can't unsee it!

yeah,me too....

bpeeples

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpeeples
Re: FIBONACCI INITIATIVE

Re-subbed with a much better shirt comp :-)

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: Cube roots

Haha I love it, awesome idea.

paigeg

Re: Long Division

Guffaw! I really wasn't terribly impressed with this in the pre derby thread. And, on its surface, it's still not exactly compelling 'math'. But first time through I totally missed the 'remainder'. Thanks for a LOL moment.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
andrewdanger wrote:I would so wear this shirt...daily.

I will buy this.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

paigeg

Mavyn wrote:But...he's missing legs.

Stupid, cruel kids...

lily1029

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lily1029

How Purrrrrfect!!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
palookaboy wrote:Really? REALLY?

Stop insulting us.

Beyond that, I'd like an explanation of what this has to do with mathematics. Just because you slap something "sciency" on a shirt doesn't mean it illustrates a mathematical concept.

lauracraft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauracraft
Re: Struck by Lightning

This took me a looooong time but now it is done and I hope you like it =)

Featured is a 2D Lichtenberg figure -a fractal outbranch like you would see on human skin if you were struck by lightning.

WierdBMD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages WierdBMD
Re: 100 Year Old Oak

Do you really have 100 rings around that tree, I can't count from the image seen?

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
WierdBMD wrote:Do you really have 100 rings around that tree, I can't count from the image seen?

Yes, Including the outline of the leaf I have 100 rings expanding to the right side. My eyes were just going crazy after I triple checked it.

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
Re: Doppler Effect

Awesomely eye catching! I also appriciate the fact that it's actual art and not just a cutesy design.

+1 GMV!

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn

Divine indeed!

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
mrwednesday wrote:Beyond that, I'd like an explanation of what this has to do with mathematics. Just because you slap something "sciency" on a shirt doesn't mean it illustrates a mathematical concept.

I foresee him claiming a fractal.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
richny13 wrote:Looks like you missed a comma in the 8th line.

I just new I'd mess something up like that...
I sent a version to woot with the comma placed properly. They may go with the original if it prints.
Thanks for the catch!

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Probability Of A Blue Spiny

"Probability Of A Blue Spiny"

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
mrwednesday wrote:Beyond that, I'd like an explanation of what this has to do with mathematics. Just because you slap something "sciency" on a shirt doesn't mean it illustrates a mathematical concept.

While generally a Ramyb supporter, as he just follows the laws of capitalism that woot permits, I can't say I like this.

Firstly because it is so similar to not only other people's shirt designs that exist elsewhere, but to not one, but two of his own designs. I find this both lazy and uninspired.

Secondly, the graphical representation of DNA does not bring to mind "math in nature".