Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
ApeLad wrote:Gaming's all about gestures and body movements nowadays. I totally dropped the ball on that prediction.

Maybe so, but you should still be proud that for that short time, your controller managed to bring so much business to orthopedic surgeons.

caffienekitty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages caffienekitty

I would get this in a heartbeat if I wasn't certain my evil washer would eat half the letters by the fourth washing. Also if I wasn't broke. Awesome shirt.

morsmordre

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morsmordre
dcroe05 wrote:I like this in theory, but this is muddled.

The skull is associated with the "Alas, poor Yorrick" speech. But the text here is the "To be, or not to be" speech.

Word. It's a really wonderful idea for a shirt, but as a theatre nerd, I just can't let this slide.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Everyone's just always picking on Arkansas aren't they? And now you Woot? After all the service I've given you? Ouch. You cut me real deep, Woot. REAL deep.

*sobs*

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

I've never seen this design before, especially not in the reckoning.

jgreen0101

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jgreen0101

Billy Madison came to mind... not sure why.

Nixorbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nixorbo

Didn't even hesitate before buying. major Hamlet fanboy.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat
caffienekitty wrote:I would get this in a heartbeat if I wasn't certain my evil washer would eat half the letters by the fourth washing. Also if I wasn't broke. Awesome shirt.

That is why when washing printed shirts, you turn them *inside out*. Nothing to rub off, that way and for the bachelors in the audience, it makes a convenient 'is this clean' system. Also, Woot's shirts are fairly durable as far as printing goes.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

walsh801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walsh801

Very nice fellow Utah resident, ^5

ed walsh

empireofownage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages empireofownage

tl;dr

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
xoring wrote:Not as awesome as Nevermore. I will not be buying this one.

There's no need to be so harsh. Gosh.

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

I'd only buy this if it was Sean Connery holding it.

benmerva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benmerva

Was expecting a flood of turkeys for the week and awoke to this

greenleaf44

quality posts: 8 Private Messages greenleaf44
bluejester wrote:...or you could say Wear this shirt: If you are an English Literature Major who is currently working retail. Hey, those groceries aren't going to sell themselves you know!

As an English Major, I resent this. I only worked retail for six years before moving on to bigger and better things....shipping retail...

Also, I see no disconnect between the skull and the speech...he's contemplating death. The real question is, if I eat nothing but ramen between now and Christmas, can I afford this shirt?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Dramatic!

Congrats on another fine tee, Adam.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
irockash wrote:I'd only buy this if it was Sean Connery holding it.

I'd settle for Patrick Stewart.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
abramokids wrote:Is Nevermore not selling well enough?

It's selling fine. That's why this one was made.

pureval

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pureval

I am ordering one simply to annoy those "artistic" shirt lovers who hate Nevermore.

It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.

allisonberryhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allisonberryhill

I placed my order not so much for the shirt, but for the DESCRIPTION of the shirt. (I admit, this has happened to me before.) For those of you hung up on the To-be speech's placement on Yorick's face, go back and read the play again. The skull works in the gravedigger scene BECAUSE Hammy has been mucking around in mortality issues throughout the entire play. I have no problem using the skull as a backdrop for suicidal contemplation.

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan

Ser o no ser, he ahí el dilema!

Congrats ApeLad!

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

"If you put 1,000 monkeys at 1,000 typewriters, eventually they'd type all of Hamlet. They'd also look silly in T-shirts."

- famous quotes extended

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

All work and no play make Jack a dull thespian.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

Where is TGentry? I need some cherry picked numbers to explain how shirt.woot is actually diverse and doesn't print the same stuff over and over again.

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl

Oh, would this be inappropriate to buy for a five year old girl? What if said girl was reciting Hamlet before she was four?

Why yes I am raising the world's tiniest Shakespeare geek. Someone had to.

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

I wish there were medical.woot.com so I could buy a real surplus human skull!

Suck it, Trebek.

darthbob14

quality posts: 5 Private Messages darthbob14
chrisprender wrote:All work and no play make Jack a dull thespian.

Well, if there's no play, he isn't really a thespian at all...

The one thing I don't like about this design is that some of the words go off the edge of the skull. Yes, they could be shadows, but then there would have to be more, especially at the very bottom.

Otherwise, nicely done. Bets on how long this will stay in the Reckoning?

"Finally, an excuse to nuke France!"

sabru8

quality posts: 53 Private Messages sabru8
chessasaur wrote:They could have just charged my card and mailed me the shirt without even telling me. It's that good.

This goes for me too. One of the best designs Woot has had in a while.

parrotsramazing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parrotsramazing

I would buy it but I am worried about the text fading. I looked into getting the Nevermore shirt and apparently it was a major problem to the extent people bought more than one shirt so they could switch to a new one when the words faded out.

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake
Quasiskunk wrote:Yurick never looked so good! And I knew him.

But evidently just acquiantences since you don't know his name...good thing he's not alive to see this.

magyargirl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages magyargirl

Mel Gibson would approve - if you want to be associated with Mel Gibson! - as, in his film portrayal of Hamlet, he performs the "To be or not to be" soliloquy in catacombs, near his dead father.

virtualathlete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages virtualathlete

It's a revolution. Soon enough the reckoning will just be text-image shirts. Forcing people to read pictures. The world is mad.

aliceag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliceag

I'm sorry, but this shirt slightly angers me. It is the wrong imagery with the wrong text. I'm sure many people know it, but many don't and it just further solidifies the miss-conception.

wesmike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wesmike

Like a morbid fusion of Nevermore and Celtic Skull.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Do all skulls look like that or did Hamlet chop the top off?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

xninjagrrl wrote:I'd settle for Patrick Stewart.

ME......TOO.......

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
xninjagrrl wrote:I'd settle for Patrick Stewart.

I wouldn't call that settling

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
sacrerouge wrote:I wouldn't call that settling

Alrighty then, Make it so...

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

minoman2012

quality posts: 1 Private Messages minoman2012
morsmordre wrote:Word. It's a really wonderful idea for a shirt, but as a theatre nerd, I just can't let this slide.

The skull is fine. It looks cool, and it's another hamlet reference--it doesn't have to be the SAME reference. I think it adds another level of depth to the idea. And you can't complain that it's not the whole thing--a quote is a quote, if you want the whole thing, read the whole play.

What I DON'T like is the punctuation. Maybe it's taken from some later revision, but it's so different from both the First Folio and the Second Quarto that it's enough to change the rhythm and alter the meaning. But again--you buy the shirt to wear it, you buy the play to read it.

That said, if I had the dough, I'd definitely buy this shirt, because it's flat out dope.

pyromilkman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pyromilkman
Narfcake wrote:Just in case you don't understand Hamlet, here's a translation, Animaniacs style. ^_^

You sir(or ma'am), have made my day.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

congrats on the print apelad! kind of a rags to riches story with you and printing at woot. Only 4-5 months ago you were concerned about how dailies were being picked and printed and not yours and you have since found so much success. I guess dreams do come true!