bakerface22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakerface22

I getting a horrible flashback of an Information Systems class . . .this just doesn't seem right lol

**Baker**

wolfger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfger

The incorrect (reversed) flow chart symbols ruin an otherwise brilliant shirt.

xhenxhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xhenxhe
Thirdbase9 wrote:It's been a while, but isn't the diamond a decision box and the rectangles statements?

I was thinking the same thing. I would TOTALLY buy this shirt if the symbols were right.

Zippy The Pinhead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zippy The Pinhead

It's NOT another, it's ONE THING:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1uOqRb0HU

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

cherapple

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cherapple

"If it's not one thing, it's another." Some days, everything goes wrong. Like whether people get the joke on the day's Woot shirt.

I'd say it was intentional.

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

Seriously underwhelmed. But I am not sure what whelmed is, since I'm only ever over or under it. Never along side it. Has anyone else been whelmed before?

DrWho861

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrWho861

I agree with Cherapple. I think it fits in well with the concept of things just going wrong from the beginning.

atpifer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages atpifer

Either way, it's gonna find you, it's gonna get you get you get you get you...

drpuzzle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drpuzzle
Thirdbase9 wrote:It's been a while, but isn't the diamond a decision box and the rectangles statements?

Yep. I actually have my IBM flowchart templates from the 60's, in their paper sleeves, in the drawer of my desk with the rest of the stuff I never use any more. From that as the definitive source, you are correct, the diamond is decision and the rectangle is statement!

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237

I had to come in early this morning to finish up a data flow diagram before the long weekend...

this made me lol.

DanGriff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DanGriff

The decision is supposed to go in the diamond.

skopi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skopi

Exactly. Makes this shirt unwearable for me (who uses flowcharts all the time at work)

Kaspre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaspre

Me too on the diamond vs. rectangle issue. To be fair, I probably wouldn't have bought it either way, but definitely not with such an obvious mistake.

On the other hand, I would DEFINITELY have bought the flowchart that is described in the write-up, with all paths flowing to "Go F&%# Yourself." Awesome.

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
baqui63 wrote:The box and the diamond are backwards.

I cannot decide if this is a Good Thing and makes the shirt even better, or this ruins it completely.

Maybe if I sleep on it the answer will come to me.

Good-morning. It ruins it completely.

Just think though; if Probability Of A Blue Spiny prints from the derby, Woot can have 2 mistake shirts in 1 week!!

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237
Kaspre wrote:Me too on the diamond vs. rectangle issue. To be fair, I probably wouldn't have bought it either way, but definitely not with such an obvious mistake.

On the other hand, I would DEFINITELY have bought the flowchart that is described in the write-up, with all paths flowing to "Go F&%# Yourself." Awesome.

100% agreed.

dkaysen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dkaysen

OK so all of us nerds and engineers got the mixup on the box symbols. Let's move on.

abugnego

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abugnego
Assassin15 wrote:I didn't even know there was such a thing as a flow chart nerd, until a few minutes ago. And it appears that there are lots of them!

Thank you freshman engineering class!

mojodragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mojodragon
shandarkian wrote:That's exactly how I felt. So I realized it wasn't one thing, it was, in fact, another.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. The idea is funny, but the mistake is too much of a distraction.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
Flew over the woods on my fast-flight mount,
And that has made all the difference.

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
KidA0723 wrote:what if it IS one thing?

Then it is what it is.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

gro12ver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gro12ver
ArdillaCiega wrote:Good-morning. It ruins it completely.

Just think though; if Probability Of A Blue Spiny prints from the derby, Woot can have 2 mistake shirts in 1 week!!

I am soooooo glad I'm not the only who is miffed that stupid blue turtle is in the fog when there so many other cool math shirts that could be!

CanadianJay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CanadianJay

more like fail.woot!
the symbols are wrong.

www.offtheteam.com

black

quality posts: 0 Private Messages black
pixelologist wrote:Cryin' shame. I'd have bought this one in a heartbeat if the symbols weren't reversed.

me too.

ChuhBaca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChuhBaca
pixelwm wrote:shame that he got the symbols mixed up, they should actually be reversed.

I noticed that very same thing. Decisions should be diamond shaped.

tbadeer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbadeer
ChuhBaca wrote:I noticed that very same thing. Decisions should be diamond shaped.

While I may agree that the symbols could be mixed up, I tend to agree that it's a woot shirt folks...before jumping to the conclusion it's ruined the shirt, think through the fact there's a GOOD chance it was intentional, adding to the amusment of the shirt. The "screw up" goes with the statement the shirt is making...and therefore I definitely think it's intentional.

aepound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aepound
pixelwm wrote:shame that he got the symbols mixed up, they should actually be reversed.

Serious... Just a short google search would have been the remedy.

mrscott

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrscott

I was nearly in for two, one for this enginerd, and one for his comp-sci son.

...then DOH! facepalm... symbol dyslexia

Anybody in the business of understanding flowcharts would consider it a fail.
Engineers and programmers are all about the details, and this doesn't measure up.

Perhaps a professor would enjoy it, after marking it up with red sharpie for points off and snide comments to the person who submitted the flow-faux-pas.

mike_from_tulsa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mike_from_tulsa

It's a really cute idea but I just can't buy it w/ the reversed symbols.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
DanGriff wrote:The decision is supposed to go in the diamond.

I guess that's the joke of this shirt. "It's another" with arrow pointing to diamond.

Definitely not hardcore devs. ;)

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

hiten900

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hiten900

Yes, if its not one thing then its always another! The shirt make a statement and if you are aligned with the message, then the shirt is for you. And does it really detract from the message if the flowchart symbols are reversed?

adkpb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adkpb
abugnego wrote:I believe you are right. Maybe there is more meaning to this shirt than first meets the eye?...

Yeah. It means whomever created it is an "idea person" and not a "details person." Too bad. They messed up what would have been a good design.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

atpifer wrote:Either way, it's gonna find you, it's gonna get you get you get you get you...

samuelm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samuelm

It bugs me so much that they are backward, even if it's intentional. Would have bought the shirt if they were correct.

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

Is this some sick joke, Woot was behind. I mean I already have such a hard time making informed decisions on my own without a flow chart, why on earth would you want to propose a question and solution in the same block, are you trying to show how you got to the decision, or that you simply think of answers then find the best question it fits.

Or is this some sort of demented follow up to the Hamlet to be or not be shirt? If so, I don't feel this shirt can be and will not be in my closet.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

The inner workings of chat-bots.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07

I know some people are complaining about the symbols being reversed, but that mistake flew right past me. What bothers me is how Every Single Word Is Capitalized. Sentences Do Not Need To Look Like This.

collagey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages collagey

The artist that made this shirt is probably reading your guys' comments and mumbling under his breath "if its not one thing, its another"

its very possible the mistake was on purpose. Maybe he knew the mistake would be caught and the answer to that is "if its not one thing, its another"

micromutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micromutt

The error by having symbols reversed totally ruins the shirt. Otherwise, sold!

tekejerk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tekejerk

Hahahaha. I rarely pop into the woot shirt section, but when I saw the glaring mistake in the flow chart, I felt the need to share.

Then I come to find that half the woot community use flow charts as much as me and realize this shirt is a complete botch job.

A+ for the idea. Fail for the execution.

bigbdog32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigbdog32
rlapid2112 wrote:This reminds me of Gilda Radner. I miss her comedy.

That's where my mind went, immediately. We're watching Gilda Live after dinner tomorrow!

"In a way I am a hero ... I'm like a sexless John Glenn." - Coach John McGuirk